Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish: you know honestly I wish I had an accurate scale of my very own. I can't seem to find one for public use that seems even remotely accurate (the one I used a couple of times takes a quarter and told me the following weights when I used it- 335, then down to 312, up to 344, then to 350, and now I'm apparently 370) so I wish I had one of my very own. I also wish I knew whether I was doing well or not.

Just a small update, not really any victories or failures, just some interesting tidbits I've noticed. I'm beginning to enjoy various forms of exercise now- not just dance but walking with my dogs or rough housing with my fiance and my dad is more fun because I can last longer now (what can I say? I'm a major tom boy lol). I also am not nearly as bothered by the heat anymore- I don't think that's as much a result of losing weight though... I think it's just that I'm getting used to it.

Thursday Truth: Maybe not the best thing to admit but I seem to still be kind of edgy and lacking in patience here the past couple of days. I've managed to control it and it's honestly like I kind of exercise it out of me but I seem to get annoyed at stupid crap. It's probably just stress related though. I also haven't really been eating quite as good here recently for all intents and purposes. I've been trying to cut out the majority of sugar but I have some problems with it. I've cut down on sugar intake by cutting down sodas but it seems like all I have access to, food wise, is loaded with sugars. It's frustrating. I've also not been dancing as much as I was which bothers me- I have been working with the dogs which requires more walking and after an hour or more of walking in the sun with the dogs- one of which walks beside me with no issue, the other that still has issues trusting strangers- I feel really tired which is frustrating. I want to dance more due to the fact that the belly dancing has a LOT of advantages to it. I've made up my mind that I'm gonna start pushing myself to do it anyways though.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: I'm a little confused with my scale. I weighed yesterday morning a few hours after I ran and was 281.5. I weighed this morning and was 282. Not sure what my real weight is at this point. I have heard that your body will start to retain fluid after a workout which is why I'm trying to keep my water intake consistent during off days and a little higher on workout days. Honestly I'm not worried that my weight is being goofy because I'm focusing more on my performance during running and getting healthy than actually losing weight which is a change for me but it would be nice to be able to see differences from day to day and know that its not just my body acting goofy because I worked out the night before or even that morning.
    Anyway, I'm done complaining and ready to kick this day in the rear.
    Have a great day everyone!
    Doug

Sending good thoughts and prayers out to Robin for her surgery.:flowerforyou:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- PLEASE NOTE - soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom IN the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • kah68
    Options
    Thursday Truth: I'm a little confused with my scale. I weighed yesterday morning a few hours after I ran and was 281.5. I weighed this morning and was 282. Not sure what my real weight is at this point. I have heard that your body will start to retain fluid after a workout which is why I'm trying to keep my water intake consistent during off days and a little higher on workout days. Honestly I'm not worried that my weight is being goofy because I'm focusing more on my performance during running and getting healthy than actually losing weight which is a change for me but it would be nice to be able to see differences from day to day and know that its not just my body acting goofy because I worked out the night before or even that morning.
    Anyway, I'm done complaining and ready to kick this day in the rear.
    Have a great day everyone!
    Doug

Sending good thoughts and prayers out to Robin for her surgery.:flowerforyou:

Doug~The lower weight yesterday could have been from sweat and the gain today could be from muscles retaining water while they repair. Weight fluctuates from day to day (yes, even for guys) - it can definitely be frustrating! You're doing great and one of these days it WILL reflect on the scale.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm sorry that I am so far behind on posts.

Thursday Truth -- I am defeated that I lost 15lbs and gained 8lbs back. I am in a slump lately with so much going on but today I am making all kids go to the park while I walk for an hour. Non fitness truth- It is a shame that I am not able to do 6th grade math at 40 yrs old. My class this semester is math and I am doing a 6th grade level...ugh!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Robin- Hope surgery and recovery goes well
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to Robin of course!

@naceto -- I think yoga would be a perfect addition to your plan. You don't want too many academic courses given that you work full time as well as going to school. Yoga's great; it helps you de-stress and you learn a lot about your body and how it works.

@Susan -- how I do personals is to keep a text editor open while I read, and jot down notes to people as I go. I couldn't do it any other way I don't think.

@walkingqueen -- good luck with your math. Have you seen the lessons over at Khan academy? They're really good if you're stuck on something because he goes over it very very slowly, and then you can practice as much as you like until it clicks.

NSV -- I've been, in theory, doing a little strength work over the last few weeks. But it's been sporadic. But yesterday I did fit in 75 counter push-ups, in five groups of 15, all in about 15 minutes, and 150 bodyweight squats, in five groups of 30, in a different 15 minutes. This is the beginnings of working towards 100 push-ups and 200 squats. Of course then I slept soundly for ten hours. But it's a start!

Thursday truth -- sometimes I think I'm the most untidy person on the planet. Our house has clutter everywhere. Most of the time I tell myself it's not bad enough to actually count as hoarding, but sometimes I despair. And I love it so when it's tidy! But not enough to tidy up. However, I have done a little today. Just keeping going.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Robin: Good luck today and we'll be thinking about you!!!

Thursday Truth::: I only barely got a walk in yesterday. I'm finding it hard to get my exercise in on the days my husband works because now after I get off at 4pm I have to drive and get my daughter and don't get home until 5:30pm and then have to get her settled and then start dinner around 6:30-7:00pm. And I'm just not sure I can get up at 4:30am to get my workout in! It's getting pretty frustrating. But eventually I WILL get a routine figured out!

Have a terrific Thursday!

Tina

edited to say::: Thank you everyone for the suggestions about my stomach issues...:blushing:
  • roozombie
    roozombie Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody- I haven't been posting anything, but I've been reading for a bit. I am keeping MFP on the backburner, so I probably won't post much, but since it seems that Robin is having surgery, I just wanted to say that I hope it goes well and recovery is speedy!

mnwalkingqueen: After my surgery and finishing my dissertation and the months off from that, I regained about 50 lbs. Small steps.You'll get it back together.

Thursday Truth: Way over 200 lbs again but I'm working on getting back under again. Maybe by Christmas.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your feedback on the classes! I think I will go for it! I won't know if I don't try, right? My Math class is self paced (Arithmetic and Pre-Algebra (yes, I am Math challenged)) and English 101 is the online class... which I am confident about.

@Tina - Fiber fiber fiber! Lots of fresh fruits and veggies... I also take a powder to liquid magnesium supplement (Peter Gillham's Natural Calm) which helps me. (Metamucil words great for me when that isn't enough) Good luck!

@Laurie - Thinking of you ~hugs~

@mnwalkingqueen - You are still here, so you are NOT defeated!!!!!!!!! Keep plugging and you will get there! I am also with you on the Math...... My 9th grade son is tutoring me!

@BohemianCoast - I am ALWAYS the most untidy person... my house is like a minefield!! I am hoping that soon I will have the umph to keep up on it.

Sorry I'm not able to answer more- I am reading everyone's stuff as I am able. Work is super busy and life is changing so fast, I am just trying to keep up! I am thinking of you all and cheering you on... sending hugs when you are down. Keep at it!

Thursday truth - I stepped on the scale and gained 2 lbs... so I measured, and I have gained an inch in my hips and waist... I am probably just bloated (I hope). I have been walking EVERY day for a week (well after today it will be a week, I think). I did have Subway again last night (leftover sub for lunch today) - so maybe it is the bread. I am strongly considering cutting out all bread except the Ezekiel or Dave's Killer... but that is kind of a scary commitment to make. We will see after a couple days.
  • kah68
    Options
    Thursday truth - I stepped on the scale and gained 2 lbs... so I measured, and I have gained an inch in my hips and waist... I am probably just bloated (I hope). I have been walking EVERY day for a week (well after today it will be a week, I think). I did have Subway again last night (leftover sub for lunch today) - so maybe it is the bread. I am strongly considering cutting out all bread except the Ezekiel or Dave's Killer... but that is kind of a scary commitment to make. We will see after a couple days.

Nicole~I’m sorry about the gain, it could be the bread. I felt the very same way about giving up bread initially, but the one slice of Ezekiel in the morning seems to satisfy me. I don't even miss it. Sometimes I have some whole grain crackers at lunch, otherwise that is the only bread I have. I had Subway for lunch a couple of weeks ago and I just felt miserable afterwards, I blame it on the bread. I think having carbs come from fruit, dairy (soy in my case), and a limited amount of brown rice/quinoa/pasta is the way to go. I don’t feel deprived and actually feel better physically.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Robin i wish you good luck today !
    Thursday truth It was so nice to get back to exercising again after not being able too for about 3 months . Kinda worried about starting back to Zumba on September 17th but i have alot of fun at Zumba class and i know that i will do ok !
    Everyone is doing great !
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options

Nicole~I’m sorry about the gain, it could be the bread. I felt the very same way about giving up bread initially, but the one slice of Ezekiel in the morning seems to satisfy me. I don't even miss it. Sometimes I have some whole grain crackers at lunch, otherwise that is the only bread I have. I had Subway for lunch a couple of weeks ago and I just felt miserable afterwards, I blame it on the bread. I think having carbs come from fruit, dairy (soy in my case), and a limited amount of brown rice/quinoa/pasta is the way to go. I don’t feel deprived and actually feel better physically.

Thanks for sharing Kelley - Yah, I'm thinking that I will (after today's lunch, as that is all I brought) skip the other bread products. I will at least try this for a week, and see how I feel. It will be interesting to see if that is the cause of my discomfort. I have always had the nagging thought in the back of my head that I have a slight intolerance to regular bread. Of course I have a bunch of friends that have gluten allergies, so luckily, I am very aware of the alternatives. :)
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody- I haven't been posting anything, but I've been reading for a bit. I am keeping MFP on the backburner, so I probably won't post much, but since it seems that Robin is having surgery, I just wanted to say that I hope it goes well and recovery is speedy!

mnwalkingqueen: After my surgery and finishing my dissertation and the months off from that, I regained about 50 lbs. Small steps.You'll get it back together.

Thursday Truth: Way over 200 lbs again but I'm working on getting back under again. Maybe by Christmas.

You've done it before. You can totally do it again. Have your health problems been resolved?
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Robin, praying for you today.

Hello all my friends, hope you are having a great day. I walked to the mailbox this morning with Belle and enjoyed it. Just wish my feet would hurt so bad afterwards. There has to be a way to make them hurt less. My Thursday truth is last night I found out a 2nd cousin of mine committed suicide, stayed up late and ended up very tired and emotional which led to eating an extra granola bar and melon. I was still under calories, but wasn't hungry. Tonight I plan on going to bed by 11PM. I have found the last few days I have more energy then I have had in a long, long time. I'm actually getting up and doing things around the house which is pretty exciting for me. I do get tripped up in my oxygen tubing but that gives me more incentive to lose more weight and hopefully get off the oxygen. Sweeping and vacuuming around the cord is frustrating.

To the mathmatically challenged lady, I ended up taking College Algebra 3 times before passing it. Persistence pays off. Everyone hang in there tomorrow is Friday!:happy:
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth - I haven't checked in since last Friday. I've also got myself all twisted up food wise. I made BBQ spareribs on Monday, in order to have enough calories to eat some I skipped a meal or 2, or all of them. Now I'm paying for it, been hungry for 4 days now. I've managed to not binge a bunch, but I'm right on the raggedy edge. Hard to believe that one day of really naughty behavior could screw with my metabolism this much. Also hard to believe how many calories are in the fatty pork parts.

No way I'm gonna catch up on post reading anytime soon so I hope you all are doing well.

aug
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. First Hugs and support to Robin. I hope all goes well with the surgry today. I am doing pretty good. A little emotional today. Just went shopping to get everything my son is going to need for his apartment when he gets to college. Only 13 more days and my baby will be gone. Thank god my husband will be home from work for this. I will definitley need him to lean on. I went out to dinner yesterday with my son and I think I did pretty good. We split a combo platter nd then each got the salad bar. This way I could have the steak without the baked potato staring me down with all its lovely butter and sour cream, lol. After dinner we went and played put put. I had forgot how fun that could be. So Thursday truth, I think I spend to much time thinking about food. The problem is I have developed a real passion for cooking in the last year or so, so I spend a lot of time reading recipies and such. So far that has worked out in helping me to find healthy alternatives but I worry that it wont always be positive. I am probably worrying for nothing but my mom always said I couldn't be happy if I didn't have something to worry about :ohwell: Best wishes going out to everyone for a great day. :bigsmile:
  • vinsonh42
    Options
    Thursday truth... I shouldn't have had jimmy johns for lunch much less the gargantuan. I should have listened to my body when i finished half the sandwich and it was saying it was full but that is over and done with, needless to say i will be working out tonight maybe c25k outside instead of on the treadmill. Also that I am thankful that the only thing left to do in the kitchen is to put one door back on for now. soon it will be the counter tops. yayyy... I guess i shouldnt be complaining as it may be my house in a few years and all that we are doing now wont have to be done then.

have a good day

~Lana
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thursday's Truth: I have the best job. I love what I do, it's not glamous or even really fun. I work for a small company. There are three of us worker bees and I'm the newest employee only have been here nine years. The best part of my job is that for the most part it is easy. (not that I never get stressed or upset but it's pretty rare) Oh another perk to my job is that I work with one of my brothers, he is my boss, and he can be a hard boss. But the fact that he is my bro makes that easier, besides he is hilarious and makes me laugh everyday, even when it's at my own expense.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth - I think I'm actually beginning to enjoy exercise...... I used to think I was the laziest person on earth. THe kind that would use an umbrella to knock the TV remote closer so I didn't have to move.

I'm starting to think it was because I was SOOOO uncomfortable moving and it was always SUCH a big chore to heave myself up and down. Now even when I hurt bad the next day it's a good kind of hurt. A kind of satisfying "Yeah, but I burned a BUTTLOAD of calories and that's closer to my goal!" kind of hurt.