Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I had a friend encourage me to get some apple cider vinegar (not the distilled kind) put a little honey in it and it would be really good for my arthritis. Haven't tried it yet but plan to in the near future (which means after I get my SS check). I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks Christine! I will be curious to know how it works. I have a friend on here that spends a little bit more money and gets "single shots" of the Bragg's vinegar, which are mixed in fruit juice. She said it isn't nearly as awful. I am tempted to try maybe mixing it in fruit juice. Since my sister has it, it isn't like I will waste a full bottle. I think she said she paid around $5 for the Bragg's. Oh! I have tried the Bragg's seasonings too, and signed up for free samples on their website. :bigsmile: I love free stuff. :bigsmile: I am not sure why everyone gets that brand...

Here's the link for the samples if you are interested... http://bragg.com/samples/samples_12428.php
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in: Well, the candy factory frenzy didn't hurt--I came home 1.2 lbs. lighter than before my trip. Still a few lbs. above my ticker--out of control sodium not helped by all the seafood I ate--but hope by the end of next week to be back on track. Brought candy back but have given most away already. The rest will be delivered in a day.

Toots: That fellow with the curls and big baby blues is my g-son Max wearing HIS baptism suit. BTW, your cutie is precious.

Helen: Your arm situation triggers a couple alarms for me (could be my tinnitus-ha!). I work for a PT and suggest you get an eval soon, just in case. Don't want to get a "frozen" shoulder, right? Can take a long time to return to normal unless you get proper therapy.

My HS sweetheart was at the candy factory and for a few moments he didn't recognize me. Not sure if that was a good/bad thing. Anyway, he wanted to say hello to my sis, who has Alz. and had gone back to the car. When she saw him, she kept saying "Whatever happened to little R----?" As you can guess, little R---- had gained a LOT of weight. He tried to make light of it, but after the third time she said it, I could see the hurt and embarassment in his eyes. I'd send him a FB apology, but DO NOT want it to appear I'm seeking additional contact with him. Oy. What would you do?
  • AuntieVaVa
    Options
    Its great to be welcomed back so warmly.

We are having an unusually cool day. Stepped out on the patio - just lovely. (Big sigh)

Let in a house fly....my reaction times are so slow, I have hit everything in the house but the fly, have taken to shots of hairspray to try and slow it down! :laugh: so far just have sticky furniture:noway:

(Shakes fist at sky.....) it ...will....be...mine....:explode:
  • cjgrudi
    Options
    I'd like to know if I can join this message board. I am one of those women who needs to lose 100 LBS. I want to do it without surgery (lapband). So, here I am...please accept and help me.

~CJ
  • AuntieVaVa
    Options
    @Robin - glad you're home and I wish you the best as you mend....

I like to spray the flies with Windex - it wets down their wings so they can't fly and gives me a fighting chance to capture the little buggers. (And much easier to clean from the windows or doorwall than hairspray!)

Good luck.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In- My foot is healing up pretty well, I feel crappy for being off working out for over a week because of it, but I may hit the gym tonight (bike only no weight or extreme stuff yet) and hope I'm ready by the 23rd for the mud run!
  • naceto
    Options
    I'd like to know if I can join this message board. I am one of those women who needs to lose 100 LBS. I want to do it without surgery (lapband). So, here I am...please accept and help me.

~CJ

Welcome CJ - you have found the most wonderfully supportive group of folks on the internet. :happy: Just check out page 1, with the guidelines and suggestions, and hop right in. (I am sure that hopping burns calories) :wink:
  • AuntieVaVa
    Options
    Well, I gained back FIVE pounds over the weekend of the 11 pounds I lost last week. That was a truly sad face that stared back at the scale this morning. I knew I had a bad morning yesterday (not eating breakfast and sitting through a long church service on an empty stomach, then heading into Target when I was starving and ate a personal pan pizza with breadsticks and a regular Dr. Pepper). I have learned that I simply do NOT make good choices when I am hungry.

Other than that self-indulgent episode, and a scant 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream (no cake) at my niece's birthday party, I was pretty much on target Saturday and Sunday - so I was quite surprised to see the scale go up five whole pounds this morning. I have my dr's appt on Wednesday afternoon and I really wanted to have 15 pounds gone by then. Sigh. I am really pushing my water intake and sticking to low sodium foods for the next two days to see if I can budge the scale any before my dr's office weigh-in.

Last time I was at the doctor's office, she told me about a great new procedure with wonderful results called a "sleeve gastrectomy." I promptly looked it up and read about the procedure and, like all gastric bypass type surgeries, it is a serious, organ-altering major surgery with risks. And when I was doing WW, I met a couple of folks who had had surgery only to regain all of their weight, plus some. So, it's not necessarily fool-proof and permanent for everyone. I need to address what drives me to eat what, how much, and when, rather than carve up my digestive system with a scalpel. Kudos to those of you who've had success with bariatric surgery - I just know it's not a feasible option for me.

Don't get me wrong - my doctor is a wonderful and caring physician and she is realistic but never in a mean way. I'm sure she's frustrated as I am that my weight remains such a huge issue for me, health-wise AND happiness-wise.

Finally (sorry about the long rant here), I am really physically and emotionally TIRED of dragging all this extra weight around. Not just emotionally, but seriously physically tired of carrying 200+ extra pounds up and down the stairs with me. It's like trying to carry five 40-pound Absopure bottles of water with me every step of my day. Can someone who has been more successful at this than I please tell me at what weight loss mark did you first notice a decrease in tiredness and/or an increase in energy?
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Finally (sorry about the long rant here), I am really physically and emotionally TIRED of dragging all this extra weight around. Not just emotionally, but seriously physically tired of carrying 200+ extra pounds up and down the stairs with me. It's like trying to carry five 40-pound Absopure bottles of water with me every step of my day. Can someone who has been more successful at this than I please tell me at what weight loss mark did you first notice a decrease in tiredness and/or an increase in energy?

Its entirely possible that the weight gain you experienced this week is from sodium - pizza/breadsticks and soda contain a TON of sodium. My suggestion is to drink lots and lots of water to flush it out of your system, you might surprised and that gain will be gone in a couple of days. Honestly, I don't think we have many on here that had weight loss surgery - personally, I lost the bulk of my weight while doing WW (switching to MFP when they changed their system last year). Also, I can't speak for everyone here but I didn't notice an increase in energy from losing a specific amount of weight - my energy came when I started a regular exercise program. Losing weight definitely made it easier to exercise, but I don't remember it being at a specific weight - I think I just woke up one day and decided to start walking. I've built up from there, now exercising hard 6-7 days a week. Since being active I have a lot more energy and sleep a lot better. My trainer mentioned to me recently that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise - so I am pretty strict with my diet 80% of the time, treating myself on occasion. Everyone responds differently though, so what works for one may not work for someone else - you need to find your niche and see what works best for you.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    HI all! Monday checkin ...
    This weekend was quite the blowout in terms of eating far more than my MFP calorie allotment.
    I also didn't exercise.
    Fortunately, my weight stayed stable (my biggest worry).
    That does tell me something about how I've been eating ... awareness hurts and helps.
    Today I was hit with a huge sweets craving after lunch. The biggest I've had in weeks.
    But I have a tool to deal for now - a kefir drink a coworker turned me on to. It really helps, esp. when i'm just sick of fruit.
    I also am realizing that I have a thing for not wasting food.
    And I eat far more than I really need or even want sometimes.
    So ... more awareness is needed, esp. in terms of portion control.
    I can do this.
  • naceto
    Options

I was about 270 for a long time, though I bounced up and down around that weight. When I got to 238 (over a long time, just making healthier choices, but hardly any fruits and veggies or exercise), I did feel better about dropping sizes, but I was still worn down and in a ton of pain....

SO, I recommitted and started making BETTER healthier choices... MFP helped me because I could see where I was getting too much sugar or unhealthy fat a bit more clearly. I started eating more "clean" (no I am not 100% clean... just cleaner than I was) - I started moving and eating with more intention and I felt a tremendous amount of energy added. I have lost 19.5 lbs since then (about 7/1 of this year) am at 218.5 and feel a ton better. I honestly don't think it is the number on the scale... I think it is the type of food I eat, lots more water, and the increased activity. It has been really hard.... especially when my hip felt like it would explode from the pain... or when I get depressed or anxious and want to stuff my face into a gallon of ice cream... but if I feel this good, after eating healthier foods for just about two months... I just know that 6 months from now, I will feel amazing!

Stick with it AuntieVaVa. It will be SO worth it.

You made a great choice in skipping the cake btw. :) I was not so successful with cake at my mom's birthday lunch. I keep dried fruit and nuts in my purse for those times that creep up on me where I will have limited choices... and had forgotten to refill my bag! Planning is everything I guess. :happy:
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    I have lost another pound this week . I have lost 47 and have 60 some more to go ! I am so happy to have the support from Myfitnesspal friends !
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am going to start again today. With my tooth being pulled it is still hard to eat some things. My back is better but not right yet. I have pretty much used those two excuses up, so I will be losing more weight now.:happy:

Robin Gald your surgery went well! Hope you are feeling better. Take it easy.:flowerforyou:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @AuntieVaVa - I can relate. At my heaviest I was 326...@ 5' tall. I felt like a swollen tick all the time. Or a bowling ball with arms/legs. I totally understand how hard it is.

Don't beat yourself up too hard. You had a LOT of sodium in that meal. Some of it may well flush before your doctor's appt.

It was a trip up to be sure but you learned an important lesson. That you can't skip meals and let yourself get that hungry. We all stumble. Pull up your boots and start back on your healthy life the second you realize there was a backslide.
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in: I lost a couple more pounds this week and am glad to have made it to the 20 pound mark! I missed Sunday share: It's been a busy weekend. Saturday: gorgeous weather + bike ride + UNK football game + mother/daughter pedis = pure happiness! My daughter, however, was sick all weekend (not sure how we managed the pedis). Sunday: They admitted her into the hospital for dehydration. Found out she is infected with these nasty, microscopic parasites called chryptosporidium. If you have symptoms similar to e-coli, don't delay in getting checked out! Because she has high anxiety, I spent the night in the hospital with her and did not go to work today. Might be doing the same tonight.
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In:

Sorry I've been MIA, the weekend has been nuts! I didn't eat as well as I should have over the weekend simply because I was trying to carbo-load the day before the race, but that is no excuse for all the junk I was eating post race. However, when I got on the scale this morning, I was actually down ounces, so I'm guessing that is a good thing. :)

The weekend was a little nuts. We had a crisis situation Friday night when we went to check into our hotel. They had actually cancelled our room but not contacted us. They said they "called and left a voicemail", but I didn't have a missed call nor did I have a voicemail. Needless to say, at 10pm the night before my race I was NOT happy. Thankfully my boyfriend has negotiating skills of the highest caliber and was able to get us a room at another hotel after some careful sweet talk of an older lady. (They were all booked because of the football game at Mississippi State) It was a smoking room, but it gave us somewhere to sleep and shower. That's all we needed it for anyway.

I had another breakdown that same night because I found out my cousin Daniel, who is pretty much my brother, got engaged to his girlfriend of 4 months and didn't even tell me! He had promised to wait until after Christmas, but apparently changed his mind. I boo-hooed. It's not that I don't like his girlfriend, but I've been with my bf for 6yrs and I was supposed to be first. Also, they barely know each other. I wish he would give it more time. I don't want to see him hurt a few years down the road. Well that wasn't the worst part of it. My dad commented on his picture and said, "Haha. About time someone got married. You did it before Jana did." I wasn't really upset until I read that. It was kind of like a low-blow to me. My dad said he meant it in fun, but it still hurt. I'm still having trouble letting it go.

Race was great. I didn't finish last. That was my goal. :) 48 minutes wasn't that bad and I'm sure had the end of the race not been all hills, my time could have been better. I'll strive for a better time next time. :)

Today was nuts. Had a child clothesline herself on a piece of equipment on the playground. She ended up with a cracked clavicle, a dislocated shoulder, and a very bruised up neck. She's okay though and the doctor said she will mend just fine.

I am just praying that everything calms down now. I've just had too much excitement here recently. I will try to come back and do personals another time. I still have LOTS to get done today before I can rest.

Congrats on all of the successes and prayers to those who are hurting. I appreciate all the encouragement from everybody.

~ Jana
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Back to work today. I take comfort in the fact that the new boss told me that she knows absolutely no chemistry. Probably means she cant detect poison. Something to cheer me on a Monday.

hahahahahahaha.......best post ever!!! great job on getting some breakfast in today
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    I have lost another pound this week . I have lost 47 and have 60 some more to go ! I am so happy to have the support from Myfitnesspal friends !

well done!!:flowerforyou:

monday check in- had a good day and ended up with a net loss from last week....doesn't really count as i am just losing some of the 20 pounds i have gained since my surgery and my kids left for alberta. But i am glad i have 1 1/2 good days under my belt right now. After reading about all the joggin/running/walking being done i want o go out for a walk....thanks for supplying the motivation i need....but i just had a whole pot of tea so i think i will wait an hour till all that has run through or i will be stopping every 100 yards looking for a bush
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Monday share: this weekend over all went ok.

@kar68 -- I like using my crockpot too. In the Fall and Winter we use it 2-3 times a week.
    @Cath-Congrats on the weight lost. Sorry to here about your daughter hope she feels better soon.
    @AuntVaVa,-totally relate at my heaviest over 335++ i could barely walk always afraid if a chair would hold . Don't let a slip up
    get you down. Today's a new beginning its all part of the journey.

@Christine--glad you get to hangout with your grandbaby! :) you are always encouraging.
    @naceto--Sorry to hear that you and your son are under the weather Hope you both feel better soon.
    @Morgori--Glad to hear that you are beginning to feel better. Welcome back
    @kris yay on the weight loss

I am sorry if I am missing someone.

Today is my errand and chore day. Getting lots of things done.

Liz
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Monday check in: Monday seems like it's always a bummer to me. (Makes me think of Office Space "Looks like someone has a case of the Mondays!") It's not that I've done horribly over the weekend. I didn't eat terribly bad (Though yesterday I had to scramble to try and even out my calorie intake/burn). Somehow I feel always like I HAVE done terrible over the weekend though- like I should have done more than I did. I think I am too critical of what I'm doing though. Maybe my expectations are too high for myself. I really don't know.

Over all, I suppose I did ok throughout all of last week. I got quite a bit of exercise and I met my goals for the most part. I did learn quite a bit though which has eased my mind a bit in regards to loose skin and stuff too.

I really don't know what else to say at the moment.