Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I started the elliptical when I was 300 pounds, but it didn't help my running any. It helped with the pressure on my knees. Now that I'm down 55 pounds, I prefer the treadmill.
  • Rae123456
    Rae123456 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started the elliptical when I was 300 pounds, but it didn't help my running any. It helped with the pressure on my knees. Now that I'm down 55 pounds, I prefer the treadmill.

That's why I want to start on the elliptical. I have a tilted patella and arthritis in my left knee and high impact exercises are not advised until I lose some weight and/or strengthen the muscles supporting the knee. It's good to know that others have done it though!!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

That's why I want to start on the elliptical. I have a tilted patella and arthritis in my left knee and high impact exercises are not advised until I lose some weight and/or strengthen the muscles supporting the knee. It's good to know that others have done it though!!

I had knee problems too, and had plantar faciitis from being overweight. My diet change and weight loss have really helped with those problems. Try the elliptical and then see what you can do after a few months on the treadmill. Push yourself, but be sure to stay within your body's limits at the time! :) Message me if you ever need anything!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Well my fishing plans for the evening got cancelled... but at least that means I will go to the gym AFTER work and did not have to get up before 4am...

Tonight should be a really good workout and then the run in the morning... The car stuff is still up in the air and is causing me way more stress then I would like today...

Sorry about all the stress, Gorilla. Hope the car situation gets worked out soon. AND you get some fishing in too!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Hello!

I'm new to this thread and I'm looking for a restart to my weight loss.

I need to lose somewhere around 140 lbs to be at my "goal" weight. (I say "goal" because I really don't know what my goal is. I've never been at a healthy weight as an adult.) Anyway, I'm looking to meet new people that are going through the same process so feel free to add me as a friend!

Friday - Fitness: I'm hoping to start C25K over the weekend. I'll probably do it on the elliptical first to work on my endurance before I move onto actually running. Has anyone else done this while they were still really overweight?

Welcome Rae - great that you joined our thread. We "roll over" at the end of every 20 pages, so follow the directions at the end of the page! Now that you've found us we don't want to lose you!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Quoting Nettie here:

"NSV - Yesterday's workout consisted of a lot of floor work. At the end of it he has us get into a 1 legged kneeling position and using your bent leg to support yourself to a standing position. Since beginning the routine, I have never been able to stand up like this without putting one hand on the floor. Yesterday I was determined to do it so I tried once again. Guess what...I was able to get up with ease!!! I was so amazed and proud of myself for how much stronger I have become over the past 3 weeks. I love the little things in life. It made my day."

Congrats NETTIE! Thats great improvement in 3 weeks - isn't it a wonderful feeling to keep trying and trying and finding one day you can achieve something thats been impossible in the past? I am so proud of you - you are coming on strong!!!!!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    I am going to post 5 of JFK's most memorable posts since this is such a significant day and we are approaching the roll-over and I want to get there.

ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU;

ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY.

This quote have reverberated with me since I was a 12 year old and I heard him utter these very words. It has inspired me and determined how I think about my country and patriotism.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    LET US NEVER NEGOTIATE OUT OF FEAR,

BUT LET US NEVER FEAR TO NEGOTIATE.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    THOSE WHO MAKE PEACEFUL REVOLUTION IMPOSSIBLE WILL MAKE

VIOLENT REVOLUTION INEVITABLE.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    I WOULD RATHER BE ACCUSED OF BREAKING PRECEDENTS

THAN BREAKING PROMISES.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    OUR PROBLEMS ARE MAN-MADE, THEREFORE THEY CAN BE SOLVED BY MAN.

NO PROBLEM OF HUMAN DESTINY IS BEYOND HUMAN BEINGS.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

Newbies, Welcome to our Thread! You can join us just by posting to this thread.....

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

THE DECEMBER CHALLENGES WILL BE POSTED ON DECEMBER 1. We will decide them as a community, but will be geared to getting through the holidays and fighting the temptations!!!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    THOSE WHO MAKE PEACEFUL REVOLUTION IMPOSSIBLE WILL MAKE

VIOLENT REVOLUTION INEVITABLE.

@robin--this one is my favorite. It's been my desktop wallpaper all week. Glad you are getting a 2nd opinion--hope it leads to some relief.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,119 Member
    Options
    :heart: B:heart: U:heart: M:heart: P:heart:

Wishing everyone a good and healthy week-end......

Lin
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I am so glad it is Friday, this has been a very crazy week for me. Between the baby being born, trying to get work done for school and meetings galore, I have been going and going. My stress has been increasing all week due to school. I am holding my own with food but the salt intake has been up and it is showing in the scale. Hopefully, it will drop again soon. I am not too worried at this point since I just need to increase my water and eat less salty foods.

Last night I finished grading labs that my students did over 1 week ago so that felt good. Today, the kids had a chance to redo the quiz portion from the lab along so that worked out well for most students. I think I am ready for conferences on Monday, if not I can fake it tell I make it. This weekend I hope to relax a little but still have lots to do. The weather is suppose to turn cold so I am not looking forward to that.

To all those who are struggling: You can do this, take it one choice at a time, one day at a time and you will make it threw. If you make a not so great choice, do better on the next one. We are not perfect and this is a learning process. One thing we can do is keep moving each day.

Gorilla- Have a great 5K with your kids tomorrow.

KarenL-Hope you figure out the heart problems.

Robin- Hope the 2nd opinion gives you some answers and that you feel better soon.

Exercise for the week
    Sunday- 5K Done new personal best.
    Monday- Trainer expecting a hard workout light workout with weights
    Tuesday- Cardio DONE
    Wednesday-Rest hair appointment part 1 DONE
    Thursday- Weight NOT DONE meetings
    Friday- Climbing DONE
    Saturday- swim or gym but getting my hair done part 2 so it may be a rest day.

Have a great weekend.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    So it's been awhile....I've been MIA for a long time.

Things are not going so well for me, as far as weight loss goes.
    Between school and my new job, I started october 14th. I work 3 12hr shifts a week. I have school 2 days a week. And financially for my husband and me, things are not good. So I haven't been focusing on myself at all. I don't even try anymore. I have gained almost all of my weight back and I dont even know where to begin. I am so depressed and frustrated. Not even sure how I let myself gain back the weight.

I dont even know if I can do it. I dont feel confident like I used to. Any advice would be great, I will try to get on here. But if you could message me on here as well that will go straight to my email and I can check that right away.

Tina
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Welcome back, Tina - my all time favorite suggestion is start with logging your food. All of it - no matter what. Get that down pat before you worry about any other habit. Big HUGS :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You should see what I see - such an accomplished woman who is carrying a massive full time schedule and then the over time of studying for school, all on a critically tight budget while keeping her family together, well that is one impressive woman! I wish I could impart the confidence I see in you back into you! Its that darn depression nibbling at your ego - don't let that lil monster do that! Does your school provide any kind of counselling? Or work insurance?