Replies

• tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    bump
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Today was very productive! I got nearly everything off of my list. I even got all of the Christmas gifts wrapped that we will need for our holiday party on Nov. 30. I realized late in the day, that I had waited too long to go for a walk, but I think that all of the housework made up for it today. All of my food choices weren't the best, but I still came in under goal. Thank goodness for exercise calories. I don't like using so many of them, but some days are like that. I may be able to add some things to the list.
    Have a great weekend. Don't get discouraged. Its just one day at a time. Thank goodness for a new day.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    @grandmakaye - you are way ahead of the game. I've barely started Christmas shopping!

I guess avoiding the gym for a few days was a good idea. I lost 4 pounds this week, which made me triple check the scale. Hit the gym yesterday, and now my muscles have that amazing soreness to them! :) Is that a bad thing that I look forward to being sore after a good workout?
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Michelle - Congrats on the loss! :drinker: Good question. Thank you for posting it. I often worry about that, too.

Alupinsk - Yippie for getting some sleep. Double YIPPIE for getting up the next morning and doing weights. I am proud of you!

Robin - Wahoo for getting out for a bit with that burst of energy. I am glad to hear you are going for a 2nd opinion. I hope it goes well. Thanks for your kind words as well. I am amazed with how much more I can physically do in such a short time. It is mind blowing! I still have difficulty with some of the stuff in my workout routine and occasionally have to do low impact while they are doing high. But each day I am noticing it is getting a bit better and better. I look forward to working out. It is a great feeling! :love: :love: :love: I love the JFK quotes. I was at the eye doctor yesterday and he was telling me all about where he was when he heard the news. He was about 10-11 and sitting in his eye doctor's office. He went into great detail about how he watched everything on tv, how the entire country just shut down, the funeral, and everyone's feelings. It was a really good conversation.

Rae - Welcome. I have no experience with C25K so I cannot give you any advice. I am sure someone else on here can though. Good luck to you!
    To all those who are struggling: You can do this, take it one choice at a time, one day at a time and you will make it threw. If you make a not so great choice, do better on the next one. We are not perfect and this is a learning process. One thing we can do is keep moving each day.
    Love this advice, Laurie. Thank you for posting this!

Tina - Welcome back! I am sorry to hear you are having financial troubles. A new job and grad school caused me to leave MFP for a while and I gained back my previous weight. Like you, I was putting in extremely long days and have not been focusing on myself. I can completely relate to what you are going through. You CAN do it. You were successful once before. You certainly can do it again. My advice is pick one thing at a time that you want to change then do it. Once you consistently make that one change without problems add in another one. Before you know it you will be back to your old habits. I know you can do this! (Sending this to your profile as well!)
  • JNettie73
    Options
    Saturday Success:
    I already posted my NSV for the week. I had another one yesterday. I had an appointment with the eye doctor in the morning. I got up, showered and put on my workout clothes with the intention of working out when I got home. My eye doctor is about 35-40 minutes away and he was running late. By the time I got home it was 1:15, I was starving and had to eat lunch before I left to go see my afternoon students. I didn't have enough time to eat, workout and shower again before work. I promised myself I would do my workout as soon as I got home from work. Of course I got stuck in crazy traffic because there was an accident. I was frustrated and tired from sitting in the car for an hour. :noway: When I pulled in the driveway I noticed Brian was home early from work. He asked me immediately, when I walked in the door, what I wanted to do for the evening and what I wanted for dinner. I reminded him the first thing I needed to do was workout. (Really?!!! Who is this new person I have become?:huh: ) So while I worked out he was in the kitchen cooking me dinner. :love: It was a beautiful thing! As tempting as it was to come home, skip my workout and plant myself on the couch I didn't! I am very proud of myself! :smile:

On a side note, we watched Heat last night with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. It was so funny! I loved it so much that I got up this morning and watched it a second time. Has anyone else seen it?
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Tina~Its SO good to see you! Going to school and working is so hard, especially while raising a family. I worked full-time while finishing my degree, I don't know how I did it - I was exhausted all the time. A new job? Are you working in nursing now? My BFF is a cardiac ICU RN and works 3 12s, she loves it though. I'll PM you later today...

@Nettie~What an awesome NSV and how sweet for DH to make dinner while you got your workout in. I watched The Heat last weekend, hysterical - loved it! I can't wait for the sequel. :laugh:

I can't remember who posted recently asking about the C25K, a few of us on here have done that program. Its a great program and an easy way to get into running. I can say though, that I didn't attempt it until I was in better physical condition and my joints could handle the extra impact. I was a runner when I was young and really wanted to get back into again, for that reason I loved C25K. Honestly, the best form of exercise is the exercise you'll do, its best to start out slow and work your way up to something more strenuous. I recommend starting out with walking and/or an elliptical, then introduce the C25K program a few months down the road. An elliptical and arc trainer burn a ton of calories and both are easy on your joints, so if you have access to them I highly recommend it for cardio.

AFM~It's unbelievably cold here, I don't like the cold. It took everything I had to get out of my warm comfy bed! I'm headed to the gym soon, then need to get grocery list ready and have appt for haircut/color this afternoon. Somewhere in there I need to decide what I'm taking to my parents for Thanksgiving...

Exercise Goals:

Monday~Gym, HIIT on elliptical DONE!
    Tuesday~Rest Day DONE!
    Wednesday~Gym, training session DONE!
    Thursday~Rest Day DONE!
    Friday~Gym, arc trainer/weights (or housework) DONE! (Housework and an involuntary nap won)
    Saturday~Gym for running drills (too cold to be outside)
    Sunday~Gym, training session

Cleaning Goals over the next week:

1. Get clothes put away DONE!
    2. Vacuum/straighten master bedroom
    3. Vacuum/straighten game room/office
    4. Wash wood floors (big job)
    5. Clean master bathroom

I'm off to the gym, will try to check back later today. Have a great day!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I think overall I have had a much more successful week then the last few. Dare I say as long as I dont blow it this weekend I might even have a loss to show on Monday. I am checking in here while I eat a bagel for breakfast before starting the day. It is christmas craft fair day. All the girls in the family go every year and have a great time. Bonus it is anywhere from three to four hours of walking. I totally plan on wearing my hrm to see what kind of burn that comes out to be.:bigsmile: I tried a couple new recipies this week. Both were delicious but only one was really calorie friendly. The second one will definitley need to be a planned for meal but so yummy and worth it once in a while:tongue:

Robin I am so happy to hear you are getting a second opinion I hope he is able to help bring you some releif.:flowerforyou:
    Laurie congrats on your beautiful new neice. You are going to be an awesome auntie :happy:
    Tina it is great to see you again. You are an amazing superwoman to be juggling everything you are doing. I am completley in awe of you.:smile:
    GrandmaKaye I completley agree that all that housework more then makes up for the missed walk. There are times I will invite a bunch of people over for a meal and my husband is like why right now and the awnser is always because it makes me get the house clean:laugh:
    Alpunisk congrats on the house. Listening to our bodies almost always turns out to be the best idea.:smile:
    Nettie you are doing so great with your workout. I would love to be able to get up from the floor like that. I know the day is coming though.:smile:

Ok well for everyone else as always you know I am super proud of inspired by you every day. Have a great day everyone and remember it is the weekend so do at least one thing you really enjoy.:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :drinker:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been so busy the past few days that I haven't gotten a chance to post much.

@tammy--have fun at the craft fair!

@kelley--I feel the same way about the cold! :grumble: Are you doing anything new with the hair? I've let mine grow out, and I really like it, but it's sometimes more of a pain.

@nettie--great job getting that workout done!

@alupinsk--congrats on the loss!

@kaye--glad you are getting through your list. I need to get started on mine. :ohwell:

@laurie--if I haven't said it already, love the new pic! Isn't it a great feeling to get a pile of grading off the table? I have a bunch of shorter diction analyses to grade this weekend. Saving the essays for next week--you know, as a Thanksgiving "treat." :laugh:

@lin--nice to see you! :flowerforyou:

Saturday Success:
    Even though it's been a busy week, and my exercise was minimal, I managed to stay under or very close to calories for the week. I'm also still weighing in in the 180's. I'm looking forward to the gym today and tomorrow. :happy: Next week should be much better for exercise since I only have to work Mon and Tues. Thursday is the Turkey Trot and I really hope the weather warms up a bit--it's way too cold for November! :noway:

Grading goals:
    1. x/53 Diction analysis (5 & 6)
    2. x/53 Diction analysis (7 & 8)

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) NOT DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE (have a late meeting to attend)
    Fri--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (run 5k)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 75
    Dead lift = 75
    Squat = 85
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 50

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Sooo I was going to go shopping for a dress for the company Christmas party and on a whim, decided to try on my bridesmaid dress from my sister's wedding (1998). It is a "true" 18. Last year, at 213lbs, I tried it with the result being stuffed sausage, with very little zipping to be had. Today, I weigh 8 lbs more (221)... and it fits nicely :bigsmile: I guess that is proof that the scale isn't always the best judge.

I shall wear my 1997 dress to the Christmas party. Luckily it isn't one of those poofy jobs with the taffeta and stuff.. now to get some shoes :bigsmile:
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: I put my Christmas tree and decorations up today, I'm ahead of the game. I plan on Black Thursday/Friday shopping and being wrapped and done way before Christmas this year. Even though money is tight as usual, I feel a little happier about Christmas this year. Not sure why.

After two weeks of eating like crap, this week has been successful. It feels good to be staying within some kind of limits again without feeling tormented by the thought of food 24/7. I go through phases for sure, and I'm determined to not let the holidays kick me off plan.

I have decided to add a third Zumba night, on Sundays. Which is a good thing for me because Sundays are a very boring day. Hubby is glued to football :explode: and I usually catch up laundry and do some cooking, but in the evenings I'm ready to go to bed at 6 out of boredom :yawn: . I think this will help.

December 7th, I will be going to a new class called BUTI Yoga. (pronounced booty) Anyone heard of it? It's a mix between tribal dance, yoga, and plyometrics. It's mainly core work, and it's very hard. I am looking forward to the challenge :happy:

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!
  • michelleborman50
    michelleborman50 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So, for Thanksgiving all of us ladies volunteer for who is making what. Since I am doing so well with my new lifestyle, my sister in law who is doing desserts is only making pies just because I really don't care for pie. It is really nice when you get support from family!

@kah68-Thanks for the info. So far I am lucky that my skin seems to be holding up. I did read online that scrubs or dry brushing can help as well as seaweed and it recommended getting wraps. But I really cant afford to go get wraps all the time. So instead I went and bought the seaweed body mask and one of those exercise suits so I can just do it myself at home :) The cold is setting in here tonight as well. I hate it too!

@Karen and Rae-Welcome to the thread. I think you will love the friendships on here as much as I do.

@Robin-Have you considered asking the doctor for a VB shot. I hear they can really help bring up the energy levels. I really hope they get all of this worked out for you soon!

@Gorilla-Car troubles stress me too. Hope you get to get in a fishing trip soon!

@grandmakaye-I haven't started anything for Christmas. No shopping, no tree and no decorations. I guess I need to get off my butt and get going.

@nettie-I never knew you were a vegetarian. I hope you make yourself a delicious dish to enjoy!

@skinnyjeans-sounds like you are going to get some well deserved time off over the holiday. Hope you enjoy your time off.

@pienthesky-I always wanted to try yoga but I made a few attempts at home and was shocked by how hard it really is!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Tina-You can do this. You have a accomplished a great deal already, just by going to school, working and raising your daughter. You will find the motivation to move forward. As someone else said, find one thing you want to work on for the next couple of weeks and just focus on that. It can be as simple as switching out a not so good snack for a healthy snack (apples, yogurt, fruits etc).

Pie-Congrats on getting the Christmas decorations up. I just started my Christmas shopping today since I was out to the mall to get my hair done. Found a great deal on Christmas ornaments.

Nicole- Congrats on the dress. It is amazing how our bodies change during this process and then we get the best surprises when we fit into an old dress.

Karen- Hope you have a great Thanksgiving break and that you get all the grading done. It does feel good to that weight lifted off my shoulders. I still have projects to grade next week.

Gorilla-How did the 5K go with the boys?

I was happy that I made it to the pool today before getting my hair done. The weather is turning cold here as well so no bike ride tomorrow morning. Temperatures in the 30's don't make for good riding weather. I hope it warms up soon as well.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @michelle--thanks! I have 73 papers to grade during my time off, but as I always say--it's better than having to work AND grade. :wink:

@carla--I've never heard of that yoga, but I'm not a "yoga person"--you'll have to let us know how you like it.

@nicole--congrats on the dress--that's awesome!! :drinker: I've had the same experience--when I had gotten down to about 210, I was fitting into old pants that had fit me when I weighed 185-190 several years ago. Now that I actually weigh 185-190, those pants would be falling off of me. I know it's not size inflation b/c they were older clothes (just like your dress example).

AFM--walked gunner around the block--it was too freakin' cold and I wasn't prepared (clothing-wise) for a longer walk. It is January cold out there and I had only dressed for November cold. :ohwell: I did make it to the gym--lifted and did HIIT on the elliptical. Tomorrow I will run a 5k in preparation for Thursday. Got a bit of grading done as well.

My DH talked to his mom for the 1st time in a couple of weeks. She's been calling many times a day for the past week. He hasn't called her back b/c he knew she would fight with him--he said "I'm not even mad at her anymore, but I know the minute I get on the phone with her she's gonna say something antagonistic." Well, this morning she called and he answered b/c he's sick of the phone ringing off the hook. She immediately started fighting with him; he ended up telling her to stop calling unless she needs something and hung up on her. :ohwell:

Grading goals:
    1. 24/53 Diction analysis (5 & 6)

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym (cardio) NOT DONE
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 75
    Dead lift = 75
    Squat = 85
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 50

Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • kah68
    Options
    @Karen~You're right, its January cold outside not November cold. I don't like this one bit! :laugh: Nothing new with my hair today, just a cut and my usual subtle blonde highlights - I think he cut it too short today though, we'll see when I style it on my own tomorrow or Monday. I'm so sorry for the continued drama with DHs mom. :frown:

@Nicole~What an awesome NSV, honestly I like those kind of victories over what the scale says.

@Carla~I've never heard of that type of yoga before, sounds intense. Let us know how it goes.

AFM~I made it to the gym this morning, mostly walking with some running drills on the treadmill. I thought my sister and nephews were arriving today, but they won't be here until tomorrow - I hope they make it. We are under a winter storm warning starting at 6am tomorrow through the morning hours on Monday - threat of sleet, freezing rain, and snow. Yuck!!! I hope the weather holds off until they arrive. We aren't supposed to get much accumulation but it will make for a treacherous commute on Monday. :grumble:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Nicole--Congratulations on the dress!
    Today was a busy day, but not as intense as yesterday. I went to the local craft fair. It is always fun to see old friends that I don't see often. In a small town, it is quite a social event. I had no idea what I was going to get for my father for Christmas as his world is getting so small. I saw a beautiful little bright green hummingbird handmade from tiny beads. When he lived in his own home, he had a hummingbird feeder and really loved his hummingbirds. As his last name is Green, it seemed like the perfect gift. He probably won't know where it came from, but he will think it is pretty. Also did a bunch of grocery shopping and got in a good walk. Tonight we went to the wedding reception of the girl I shortened the dress for. It looked great. The reception was in the ballroom of the old museum building, up on the third floor! Quite the exercise. I wore a skirt and blouse, and tucked in the blouse. That was quite the NSV for me.
    Getting ready to watch a football game with DH. It is a late game. I hope I can stay awake.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Bump - I can't believe we flipped already. I'm heading back to the old thread to read everyone's week. I'll catch up soon and glad to be back. Missed my MFP peeps!!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @susan--welcome home! :flowerforyou:

@kaye--the gift for your father sounds lovely. A tucked in blouse is a great NSV! :flowerforyou:

@kelley--I can never tell if I like my cut until I wash and style it myself. Hope the bad weather holds off until your family arrives safely. And thanks about my MIL. I was worried it would put my DH in a bad mood all day, but he actually got over it pretty quickly. I think it was a load off his chest to just tell her to stop meddling.

Grading goals:
    1. 24/53 Diction analysis (5 & 6)

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym (cardio) NOT DONE
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 75
    Dead lift = 75
    Squat = 85
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 50

Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: I feel this week was a success (for the most part). Super long and I missed you guys! I left early Monday AM for Philly. Presented to franchisees on Tuesday and Wednesday in Delaware. Meals out all week. I did use the gym 3 mornings – Woo Hoo!! I think it was a sign though because my hotel room was 2 doors from the fitness center. No joke. LOL! Thursday was a LONG travel day home. Left Delaware at 9:30. Philly at 12:30. Landed in Phoenix at 4:00 and delayed 4 hours. Finally made it to Vegas by 8. I was exhausted. We did have an amazing Grand Opening at our first shop in Washington, D.C. Vice President Biden was our first guest. I’m not sure if you saw the media clips, but we got national press all over the country. Great day for Capriotti’s!!!

Today’s been a good day for the most part. I had a good HIT workout at the gym this AM. Up to 3 minutes in plank today. When I started November 1st, my longest time was 90 seconds. Not sure how I'm going to make to finish the month at 5 minutes. I'm going to try though. My arms were shaking so bad. Afternoon was working with Cyrus on school projects. We watched Avengers tonight and now trying to get caught up on MFP.

One more holiday to get through next week. I did read the gym is open Thanksgiving morning until 2 so I'm definitely working out in the AM so I can enjoy my Sweet Potato Souffle, which I only make for the holidays (too much sugar and butter). I’m doing OK. I really wish the scale would move, but I know I need to be a little more diligent in making better food choices. Luckily, the exercise is keeping my weight in check. Just hanging on.

@ Robin – I was really hoping I would get back from my trip and hear you were back 100%. I hate you’ve been in so much pain for way too long. I’m glad the new meds are working, but not fast enough. Keep us posted on the Monday appointment. I hope you can finally get some answers and great insurance will cover. I know that’s a huge relief!! I just cannot thank you enough for starting this thread years ago. You’re AWESOME!!!

@ Garrisonwife – Welcome!!! I haven’t had a chance to read your story, but I’m definitely going to find it. For so many of us, this has been a long time battle. Everyone is an inspiration to me on this thread in some form or another. We’ve got some just starting out and and others who have lost 100+, plateaued for a year and everything in between. The support is amazing!

@ Laurie – Woo Hoo!! Congrats on the 5K and a PB is a testament of how dedicated you are at reaching your goals. So proud of you!! Also, love the picture of you with beautiful Julia. I loved the baby stage. I often wish Cyrus was back in that stage.

@ Carla - Cutting your meds in half – good for you! I know you’ve worked so hard. Also, thanks for sharing your struggles too. You’ve been on this journey for quite some time, but you’ve also lost 113 lbs!!! Just look at your before/after pictures. You had an awesome journal today. Just stay focused. I think adding another day of Zumba will be great! You love it and why not enjoy it another day too. You’re a WINNER!!!

@ Kris – Congrats on your 4 lbs!! So happy for you!

@ nzenczak – I’m so proud of you. It’s nice to be back on track and see the rewards. Well deserved. I think so many of us (myself included) can totally relate. For so long, we felt like we don’t deserve being happy and have let our weight hold us back. It’s time we take control. Enjoy life now and lose weight along the way!!

@ Sjacobs- Coach Purse Bingo? What in the world is that??!! You have me inquiring. I loved reading your post about your daughter. We’re spending Christmas with my parents in FL and I think my mom is going to notice my loss too. I think when we see anyone we love doing something good for themselves it makes us smile. If she decides to jump on board, tell her she’s got a group here ready to be friends.

@ Nicole – I’m so happy you enjoyed your session with the trainer and feeling comfortable at the gym. I’m really glad I’ve made the investment and my trainer has made a huge difference. While I haven’t lost weight, I’ve really been toning up and have a lot more energy. You’re going to feel great and trying on the dress is even more proof. You’re doing great!

@ Kaye – Happy dance!!! 90 lbs is such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. How old is your picture? I think you need to do a before/after and share it with us.

@ Queen – Stand strong!! You went through such an emotional roller coaster this past year. I think it’s smart to remember the ex is 98% jerk. I'm glad the car got fixed though. Also, wish I was closer. I would love an exercise buddy and someone to hang around with. Vegas has a lot of transplants and hard to connect, but I'm trying.

@ Kelley – I had to chuckle at your post. It sounded like my appointment. I don’t think there wasn’t a part of me that wasn’t poked, prodded or smashed. LOL!! We’re seeing crazy weather in Vegas too. It’s been raining since Friday. We’ve had more rain these past few days than all year and it’s chilly. Sun is back next week though – thank goodness!

@ Nettie – Congrats on the new ride! I drive a 2000 Toyota 4Runner and it runs like a charm. As much as I would love a new car, I just know I need to drive this one to the ground. Plus, I loved your exercise NSV. I’ve been doing a plank challenge this month. My longest time was 90 seconds. Today I did 3 minutes. I couldn’t believe it. My arms were shaking so bad, but I did it!!! I’m actually watching Heat right now. Very funny, but a lot of f-bombs. I normally don’t need such poor language to make a point. LOL!!!

@ Ushkii – Baby steps. I’m proud of you for coming back. Some days will be harder than others, but if you can have more good days than bad days you’ll win in the long run. Keep fighting!!

@ Michelle – Woo Hoo!! I know how good it feels to see that scale moving down. I’ll be curious on the responses about excess skin. Not sure, but I thought I read somewhere a lot is genetic. Some people can tone up along the way, but the majority of people excess skin is excess fat and even with the weight lost it will be too stretched and the only way to correct is with surgery. I guess we’ll see how others chime in.

@ Alupinsk – I’m so glad the scale moved for you this week. I know there’s been a lot of ups and downs this week. I know how tough it can be, but my morning workouts really help me through the day. Keep it up!

@Jtconst – How was the craft fair today? Any good finds? I hope you had a fun day and a huge plus to get in a ton of walking too!

@ Karen – I was so happy to see the scale moved you back into the 180’s. I know you’ve been waiting patiently and hanging in there so to finally see it move has got to be great. Vegas has been raining for days (more than we’ve probably seen all year). I’m so spoiled with our weather out here. I can’t complain when I see your chilly and windy temps. Also, I’m the same way with my haircuts. The hair dresser never quite styles it like I want so I just smile and go home to wash and dry myself. Always happens no matter where I go.

@ Tina – You know we’re here for you. You were one of the first people who friended me on MFP. I was so inspired by your loss and positive attitude. I’m just glad to see you back. I’ll shoot you a PM, but like Robin said start slow with logging. Baby steps. You did this before and I know you can do it again.

@ Gorilla – How was the 5K today? Did the boys have fun? Any more news on the car? I’m sorry you’re still doing with all of this mess, but don’t let it derail you’re eating. I’m glad you’re having some great work outs though. Keep pushing yourself.
  • JNettie73
    Options
    Sunday Share - My dad has MS. He was diagnosed when I was in my 20's. Over the years things have become more difficult for him, he had to stop working and eventually stopped doing all the things he used to love (Working on cars and doing home improvements). With his MS he has good days and bad days. He knows his limitations but never gives up or complains. I really admire him for this. This past summer he had an exacerbation which left him unable to walk independently. He spent a week in the hospital and 3 months in rehab. He is now home and goes to therapy (PT & OT) 2x a week. His physical therapist had him up and walking the other day with assistance.:smile: She doesn't think he will every regain independent mobility but believes he will be able to walk short distances (To the bathroom) with little support. :happy: My parents have a high ranch so climbing stairs is no longer an option for him. While he was in rehab my mother hired a company to put an elevator lift on the back of the house and my brother built a deck going from the lift to the front of the house. A few weeks ago my dad purchased a Hoveround chair. (An electric chair controlled by a joystick. This gives him more independence!) Yesterday Brian and I went to my parents house to visit and so my dad could see the new Pathfinder. It was so great to see how excited he was that we were coming over. He was already outside in his chair in the driveway waiting for us. I was amazed at how much better he has become on controlling the chair with the joystick. He steered his chair over to the truck and checked it out. The smile on my dad's face was priceless yesterday. It was a really good day! :happy: Though my mother insisted on feeding us cheese and crackers. Cheese is my downfall. I LOVE cheese. I tried eating in moderation but I ended up eating a bit much to the point I had some pretty wicked stomach issues last night. :grumble:

kah - Is there definitely going to be a sequel to it? I would love one!

jtconst -Thanks. During my workout yesterday I had to get up from the floor like that twice. The first time I couldn't do it. :grumble: The second time I did but it was rough. I guess I didn't have as much balance and strength that I did the other day. I am going to keep at it. Eventually I will be able to get up like that consistently!

naceto - Congrats on the dress fitting. That is very exciting. You are correct, the scale is a nice tool to use but it doesn't tell you everything that you need to know about becoming fitter.

pieinthesky - I put up my Christmas decorations starting the day after Thanksgiving. We start with the tree on Friday and other decorations then I move to my village. It usually takes me all weekend working from morning to night. I love it. It's the best time of the year for me! It's so magical. I am going to wear my fitbit this year while decorating and see how many calories I actually burn. It's a lot of up and down into and out of the attic, moving heavy boxes, bending, standing, twisting, turning and all that jazz. I would be surprised if it is not a big burn. :laugh:

I have never heard of BUTI Yoga. It sounds like a lot of fun though. You will have to keep us posted and let us know how it is!

Michelle- That is fantastic that your family is supporting you. That external support makes such a difference, doesn't it? Yes, I lost track on how many years it has been since turning veggie. I have been one since my early to mid 20's. Don't worry, I am not one of "Those Vegetarians" who forces my beliefs onto others. I often get the "Oh you are one of THOSE people" when people first find out I am vegetarian. I don't believe in forcing my views and beliefs on others. I really only discuss it in social situations if I am approached about it. Even then, I am very careful with how much information I share because I find I often am attacked for my lifestyle. I unfortunately have learned the hard way over the years. My husband is not a vegetarian but he will eat flexaterian. (Spelling?) Some days he eats meat and some days he eats vegetarian dishes. It really depends on what I am cooking and how much he likes what I am making. :laugh: Here is an ironic "fun fact": I have a store right up the road from me that has amazing produce at reasonable prices. It is called Meat Farms. So yes, the vegetarian buys her produce at a store called Meat Farms! :laugh:

Skinnyjeanz- Sorry to hear your MIL is still harassing you guys. Good for your husband though for standing up to his mother. Do you think she will stop calling? Do you think this is the wake up call that she needs? Or is she never going to change? I hope you and your husband get some piece from the craziness!

Kaye- That hummingbird sounds beautiful! Sounds like a perfect gift for your father. I love humming birds too. I have a few feeders in my yard along with my regular seed and suet feeders. I get some hummers from time to time and it is so exciting when I do!

Susan - Sounds like you had a good week. I am proud of you for getting to the gym while you were away. :drinker: Congrats on the planks! I hope one day to be able to do a plank. First I have to master the art of getting up and possibly doing push-ups. Sadly, I cannot do one even if modified on my knees. :blushing: I drive a 2000 Toyota Celica that I am driving into the ground before I get a new one. Originally I said I would get a new car when I finished grad school but now with having to pay off my school loans I would rather hold off as long as possible. My husband and I agreed that if the bills to repair our cars were over $1,000 we would get new ones. (His was a 2000 as well) The last time I brought my car in for work it cost $987. Just a few dollars shy so I opted to fix it. It is going to be sad when I have to get rid of my Celica for multiple reasons; my dad traded in his corvette for a down payment on my car. He LOVED that car. I went with him to pick it out and he let me pick the color out of 2 choices - I picked a color called dusty rose, a deep purple that almost looked black. Sadly, due to his MS he couldn't get in and out of the car anymore. I needed a new car so he decided to trade it in to help me purchase a new car. Besides the money I got from the trade in, my Celica was the first car I actually purchased with my own money. My brother and I have been extremely blessed by two of the most generous parents our entire lives. Yes, The Heat does have a lot of foul language in it. But still hysterical!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! :flowerforyou:

Edited to add I changed my user name because I wasn't overly fond of my old one. Feel free to continue to call me Nettie if you wish. :smile:
  • kah68
    Options
    @Kaye~What a sweet gift for your dad.

@Nettie~What a great story about your dad, thanks for sharing. I, too, was blessed with some amazing and supportive parents. Rumor is they are currently filming the sequel to The Heat.

@Susan~Welcome home! Great job with your food choices and exercise while on your last trip. I thought there was a bit much in the way of f-bombs in The Heat also, I still loved it though. :wink:

Sunday Share~My name is Kelley, I'm 45 and a transplant from upstate NY to a suburb of Dallas. I've been here almost 20 years and much prefer the summers here than the winters in NY. :laugh: I'm a coffee addict and love to experiment in the kitchen. I've been on this weight loss journey for a number of years - I know some people don't like the word "journey," but I've come full circle so for me its been a journey. I came from living on frozen meals and diet Pepsi to eating clean and experimenting in the kitchen. One thing I've learned is that to be healthy you just can't eat out all the time or live on foods full of preservatives - that's not to say I don't take "breaks" or short-cuts from time to time because I do. After adrenal fatigue and subsequently being diagnosed with hypothyroidism I needed to make some changes - I did a food elimination diet and found foods I was sensitive to. I tried a lot of different lifestyles but found the anti-inflammatory nature of Paleo/Primal was best. I'm not as radical as some - but its a lifestyle that works for me.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday, its chilly here and we're under a winter storm warning this afternoon through tomorrow - not a good thing in Dallas, this kind of thing tends to shut down the city. I just hope its holds out long enough for my sister to arrive this afternoon. Except for a training session today, think I'll stay cuddled up with Zoe - she's a snuggler when its cold. :wink: