Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Kah - Seems Texas has turned into the Ice Belt all of a sudden! Sorry you lost your heat and power - hope you are safe and warm now and forever! Furbabies are wonderful in times of crisis.

Susan - you didn't wimp out since you got some exercise in another way in ! Don't demean yourself - you actually did 2 good things, so your doing so well! And on top of that, you' ve lost all that weight - WOOT ! :flowerforyou: :heart:

michelleb- WOOT to you too for your 3 lb. loss - CONGRATS! :love: :love: I think body wraps only work for 24 hours, so are a waste of money.

Kaye - that is so great that you were able to do that whole Yoga video when you couldn't before, I think that's such amazing progress. Did you enjoy it enough that you'll keep doing it?

Laurie - that was a funny story about the hay rides and the tractors and the county exec - more than an ordinary event - wow! Its need that some of them are antiques. I like to see them running. I hope the weather gets better so you get back into going to the gym.

Krista - welcome ! You've got a great attitude. Birthdays are meant to be celebrated in a special way, and sometimes that means eating some amount of fattening foods. Glad you are logging everything you eat. You should log every bite, everything. Even if it embarrasses you to see the amount some days, go ahead and do it as you learn about your eating patterns and you will get yourself to start eating within your given caloric parameters pretty darn often. that works for most of us and is the first step of many that MFP has to offer.

pixy - oh - much good wishes for a good talk with your mom. Never been in that position, have no idea how to advise. But it does sound like you've got a good start on Christmas with your tree up and house done. And WOOT on your 2.5 lb loss - :heart: :drinker: that;s terrific!

tllh - Emma and Jacob sounds like such blessings in your life. :heart:

Skinny - glad your switch in weight lifting was successful - I think that is something we all have to do periodically.
    And I share your love of dogs so much. Over the years, I've owned 2 Akita's, the first was Asia,, hit by a car at age 2. the second was Chance, died after giving birth to 13 mixed breed, one night of fun, puppies. Then the 3rd was a Chow, named Rosy, lost to CA at 12. All had enormous hearts. They loved unconditionally. Ahhh...what fond memories. .

Jeanette - Go to the Doctor Monday no matter who you see - don' t mess around by waiting - internal infections are the worst kind!
    Too bad you didn't get the full shipment of weights - someone probably made a mistake at the factory - I bet it does NOT state on your package invoice - box 1 of 2 does it?
    And the censureship on here is awfully picky isn't it. I think you can say penis.

Believeth - its nice - so nice - to see you again! We all understand how hard it is to follow the thread so don't apologize! So sorry to hear your ankle problems continue - that is awful. But hope you can drop by often enough so we can encourage you!

AFM - I am eating more solid foods as long as bites are small and so happy about that. Downfall is obvious, as I must have something in mouth for comfort and pain prevention . EEKS!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Believeth- Glad to see you again. I hope all the ankle issues get cleared up soon and that 2014 is a stellar year for you.

I am grateful for spending time with mom today baking cookies, it was priceless. We have not made cookies together in a very long time, we have both been very busy over the holiday seasons. This year, we spent the day baking- we made sugar cookies, snickerdoodles and ginger cookies. We even visited with my Dad this morning before the snow/sleet got to bad. Dad looked good today and we had a great conversation. Then we came home and baked the cookies.

Today was the stay in type of day since we had sleet, snow, sleet and I am praying that we don't have a major ice storm tonight. The temperatures have stayed at or near freezing all day today. Now it is suppose to rain through the early hours of the morning which could mean freezing rain.

For yesterday, I am thankful for my ability to try new things and learn new skills.

Have a great night. I need to grade some papers.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Not going to do personals tonight. I spent all day grading papers--still have 3 left, but at least I know I will finish them tonight. I haven't had time to prep for class tomorrow, but that shouldn't take too long. I also need to prep for a meeting with my department chair on thursday, but that will have to wait for another day.

No exercise today. I didn't have time for the gym and it was snowing pretty heavily so no walk for gunner today. He's definitely making me pay for that by being a needy little booger. :laugh:

I'm kind of sad that there's no Walking Dead tonight. :cry: At least I still have Amazing Race.

Sunday Share:
    Nothing new going on in my life, so for the newlings--I'm karen from Chicago. I'm a HS English teacher, so I spend a lot of my time trying to balance grading and exercise. I've gotten better at it over these past couple of years, but It's still a struggle form time to time.

Grading goals:
    1. 69/72 AP essays
    2. prep prose prompts for Monday
    3. prep for my domain meeting on thursday

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--rest day (meeting)
    Wed--walk gunner (shorter meeting) NOT DONE (too dark) BUT + gym (cardio) DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) NOT DONE
    Fri--going to Christkindlmarkt after school
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE
    Sun--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym (cardio) NOT DONE

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 85
    Dead lift = 90
    Squat = 90
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 60

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90 :
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Today I am thankful for holiday traditions. I made pink popcorn balls this afternoon. Each year for many years, I helped my mom make about 100 of them for the family Christmas party that we always had for my grandma. She gave them, along with a big balloon, to everyone who came to wish her Merry Christmas. Mother thought that the popcorn tasted better if it was air popped and since the only way to do that back then was to shake a wire popper on the old cook stove, guess who got to shake the popper? We also mailed them to family members who were far away. When my parents served a mission in the Phillipines, I sent them popcorn balls. Imagine my delight when my DH and I were serving our mission in Japan and a box of pink popcorn balls arrived from our DD. Such special memories.
    I did enjoy the yoga and felt like the stretches were especially good for my legs. My problem is that it is hard for me to find a time when I can have the TV for 30 min. We only have one.
    It is bitter cold here. Its already in the negative numbers this evening. This weekend DS is the officer in charge for our local volunteer fire dept. He had a call at 8 am today, and the command vehicle wouldn't start. DH had to take him to the fire. They told him that it has a built in heater so he plugged it in, and it is working fine now.
    Stay safe and warm. This too shall pass.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Today I am thankful for having found my church home. While I belonged to a church in my old location, it never quite felt like I belonged. Now, I feel like I get a hug every Sunday. My kids never complain about going to church activities. I just feel better after attending service or going to choir practice. Love it!!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share: Susan, 45, single mom to 11-year old son, Cyrus and living in Las Vegas after moving here last year from Atlanta. I’m the Director of Supply Chain & Quality Assurance for Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop. We have 97 restaurants in 12 states. I’m around food all the time and have to sample products for work. Friday was 2 bakers sending in bread, genoa salami, and cookies. I took just one bite of the bread, one slice of salami and one nibble of cookie. I try to let the others really sample and use their judgment. It can be a challenge, but not something I can’t get control over.

I know this is probably silly, but today I’m thankful for a washer and dryer. Yesterday was at least 6 loads of laundry plus two sets of sheets. Years ago I use to have to use the Laundromat and hated it, but now its things like this that make my life a little easier. We can still work around the house and gets things done while the laundry is going. Plus, the last time I stepped in the Laundromat I watched the owner spit in a corner. He may do that in his country, but I was completely disgusted. Thankful for my appliances. LOL!!!

@ Michelle – Woo Hoo!!! I know how good it feels to finally see the scale move. It’s been a good week for me too. I haven’t tried the IT Works Wraps, but a good friend of mine is a distributor. I love her to pieces, but she’s using FB now as her selling site, which I really don’t like. I just want FB for friends stuff, but I guess that’s selling your business too. She’s not the only one that’s for sure.

@ Kaye – I tried Yoga for the first time a few years ago. There were so many poses I couldn’t quite do, but the instructor was great adjusting for a beginner. I was very surprised how sweaty I still got. Also, I loved your popcorn ball traditions. What wonderful memories in a little popcorn ball. I haven’t had them in years!!!

@ Laurie – Even with the tractor issues I’m glad you had a good time at the hayride. Even though you had a few doughnuts you had a lot of exercise too. Good job! I would love to find those moments with my mom. It’s so hard being so far away from them. We fly there 12/23 until 12/31. I’m hoping to get some alone time with both my parents. As they age, I need to cherish every moment we can get.

@ Krista – Welcome!! You’ve nailed it on the head. One day at a time. If you have a rough day, you log it as close as you can, then move on and don’t eat like that tomorrow. I’m the same way. I’ve got an amazing son, great job and no husband (got rid of him 10 years ago) LOL!!! I’m always making sure everyone else is good, but I’m always last. Not anymore. I’ve realized I need to take care of myself now if I want to be around later to enjoy my son and his future life. Check back daily if you can. This group is AMAZING!!!

@ p1xyn1xy – I’m sorry to ask and I should know, but what’s your name again? I can never remember your username and always copying/pasting. Hopefully, I can start getting a bit more personal. LOL!! Sorry to hear about your mom. My sister lives with me and Cyrus. We’ve had some major ups and downs that’s for sure, but with your mom I know that has to be so tough. I’m so glad you’re taking care of yourself though and nice loss. Woo Hoo!!!

@ Tina – Love reading about Emma and Jacob. You’re a lucky mama and they are lucky kids to have you. Also, I’m so glad you have such a nice home church. We haven’t quite found one yet, but that’s one of my tasks starting 2014 is finding the right place for me and Cyrus. So important to get connected and feel connected.

@ Robin – Glad to see you’re getting a few solids down. I know this has been going on way too long and we want you back 100%!!

@ Karen – I love my Izzy too. I know Gunnar is loved so much and I know he’s loves you right back. So sweet.

@ Believeth – It’s so good to see you back. Just check in when you can, but you know we’ll be here to support you. Even if it’s just stopping to say hello or need a little push for support we’ve got your back!!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I didn't drop off the face of the earth, I swear. I've just been crazy busy.

I had a book come out on the first and I have another one coming out at the end of the month. Chaos. Also we have been submitting our preapproval forms. We were forced to abandon our plan of adopting from Ukraine because of a health history issue that is honestly very minor, but they are all kinds of weird about it. So we spent a long time looking and found a child in China. I do have to get a waiver because China is very weird about BMI. Well, China is really weird about a lot of things, BMI is just one of them. But we qualify in every other way. Anyway, we'll see if they say no because I'm a Fatty McFatterpants. Hopefully they won't though. They've historically been pretty good about waivers. Especially for minor things like BMI, but they have been seeing a lot of stories saying that Americans are giving their kids away after they are home, so they are cracking down a little on waivers. We shall see. But it takes a lot of time to get all these papers in and whatnot.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and let me know if I missed something important! ;)
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Had a good weekend. I went to 3 holiday parties and only had 1 bite of food at each. I ate before hand and stayed out of the dining rooms so I wouldn't be overly tempted. The weather was lousy all weekend, so I wrapped gifts and got household chores accomplished.

I know it's not confession day, but I have to make one anyway. My husband just got diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. We are both clearly concerned and upset. He's going to have to lose weight and exercise to deal with the issue and I'm glad it's a condition that can be managed with a lifestyle change. But, here's my all about me confession: a very small part of me is going to be jumping up and down and screaming NOT FAIR when he drops all the weight quickly and easily. It's happened before. He quits drinking Coke and eating ice cream and the weight just melts off. I give up everything and still struggle to lose. I am fully aware that this makes me a petty and small person, but there you have it.

And while he's been super supportive about my weight loss, his support has not extended to forgoing the sweets that he loves. They're here in my cabinets just like they've been for the last 6 month and I've watched him eating dessert every night. NOW he says we should get rid of all the sugar in the house. Um no, I'm not getting rid of the one package of dark chocolate I have so you can't be tempted. Sorry, but he's going to have to learn to deal with things not being arranged specifically for his benefit just like I have. I swear, I am not a terrible person and I want him to get healthy, but I think I have as much right as he does to keep foods in the house that I want even if he shouldn't eat them. I'll be happy to hide my dark chocolate in the vacuum cleaner bag if that'd help, but it's staying!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday- Well it was mightly cold here this weekend. I didn't get much walking in being it was to cold to be outside. I completed one final that was a live chat on Saturday with my teacher. I have another one on Wed. then done till mid Jan.
    Food wise it was okay I made some cheese, salsa and hamburger dip in the crock pot and snacked on that all weekend.
    Puppy was suppose to get a shot on Saturday so we took him to the vet to find out we were told to come in 2 weeks to early. However I did find out that he is about 20 weeks old and he is probably more of german shepard/beagle mix verses what I was told by the last owner. So he will be on the smaller size scale. Bad thing he puked in the car on the way home but good thing is all stayed on the rubber mat so easy to clean up.

I am thankful today for shelter.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in: Wahoo. TOM left and I weighed in at 236.8 yesterday and today. Down 2.2 lbs. I'll take it.

Yesterday was my rest day. Brian and I went out shopping but had to rush back home by 4 because we had an appointment with the sprinkler guy to do our winter blow out. We were back by 3:30. The guy never showed up. Brian called him twice and he didn't answer his phone. We were so upset. My parents use the same person to do their lawn and sprinklers. They have never had a problem with him before. This is the second problem we have had with him. Last year he showed up 4 hours late and didn't give us the courtesy of calling to give us the heads up. Sadly, he just lost a customer. I have to call around this morning and find someone to come and do the sprinklers for us. :grumble:

Robin - The package that the resistance bands came in said 1:3. I looked at the packaging that the weights came in and it didn't say anything. If it doesn't arrive today I will contact them about it. It definitely is funny what MFP censors. So far this morning I am feeling ok. I will see how the day goes. If I have pain again I will go to the doctor.

Believe - Sorry to hear about your ankle but at least you are improving. Congrats on getting back to exercising!

Laurie - Sounds like you had a great day. Glad to hear your dad is doing well. We had snow and sleet last night but it turned to rain over night. What a disappointment. I have huge picture windows that over look my backyard. I love sitting in the chair by the window and looking at the beauty that the snow brings. I am hoping for a white Christmas. It just makes the holiday more magical IMO.

Skinnyjeanz- I was sad that there was no Walking Dead last night too. I ended up watching Home Alone instead. What did you think of the last episode? I loved it but cannot believe what happened. I loved Hershel.

Kaye - What a nice memory with the popcorn balls!

Susan - That must be extremely difficult when you have to test the products. Do you log the taste tests in your diary? I can understand how grateful you are for a washer and dryer. A few times when ours broke we had to go to the laundry mat. I hated it. It was such a long production.

Toots - I hope the waiver goes through and you are able to adopt the child from China.

Lives2Travel - You are not a bad person at all. I would feel the exact same way. I feel it is not realistic to get rid of all the food one person cannot eat. My husband would have had a heart attack if I did that to him. IMO, getting rid of food only teaches they cannot eat it because it is not there. It does not teach them self-control or eating in moderation. That method does not set them up for real life situations such as being at a gathering/party and being around food they cannot eat. I vote for you getting to keep your chocolate!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Lots of schools/businesses still closed this morning, but I ventured into work – I avoided the highway until close to work, took about an hour but I’m here with lots to do. Now I see the northeast is getting hit pretty bad, PA is just snowed under. So anyone in those areas, stay warm and safe.

@Laurie~What a nice/fun afternoon with your mom, my mom and I always have some of the best conversations cooking/baking together. I hope you didn’t end up with the freezing rain/sleet storm we had here – we’re still frozen. No plows in Texas, we have to wait for it to melt unfortunately.

@Holly~Puppies will do that, they can be so much work but it’s worth it.

@Kaye~Have you looked into the Leslie Sansone DVDs? She does an indoor walking program, might be a good alternative when it’s too cold/miserable outside. Great job with the yoga!

@Nettie~How frustrating about the sprinkler guy not showing. :grumble: I’m glad you are feeling better today, with the way you were feeling I think you should make an appointment with your regular doctor for a check-up to be on the safe side. Hooray for the loss!!!

@Karen~Hooray for making great progress with your grading!

@Toots~Good to hear from you, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that everything works out with the adoption. Interesting that something like BMI could have an impact on that – doctors don’t even go by BMI anymore! It’s just not a good measurement for the health of a person.

@Lives2Travel~Great job at your holiday parties! Sorry for DH diagnosis, luckily it is completely reversible with diet and exercise (his insurance should even cover for him to attend diabetes education classes). You’re right, it isn’t fair that guys can sometimes drop weight at a fast pace. He doesn’t have to give up sugar completely, he just needs to monitor how much of it he’s eating and its affect on his blood sugar – dark chocolate that is 70-80% cocoa is much lower in sugar. But if he’s too tempted to overdo its probably best for him to avoid it – maybe you can find some place to hide your stash. But like Nettie said also, it’s something that he needs to learn to be around – it isn’t easy at first, but eventually he won’t even give it a second thought.

Welcome to the newlings!

AFM~Well, I was iced in Fri/Sat but managed to get out yesterday. My trainer texted me and I met him earlier than usual since most of his clients canceled (my gym is 3 miles from my house), so he took the opportunity to give me one heck of a workout. I worked out with him for about 90-minutes doing 30 minutes of cardio first and then some heavy lifting. He likes to push me to my max and see what I can do, so he put 540# on the squat machine – never thought I could do it but managed 10 reps, twice! After that more heavy weights plus battle ropes and kettle bells – spent another 15 minutes in the sauna after that! Grocery shopping was challenging as the store shelves were pretty empty, I should have anticipated that. We should start to thaw out now, I just hope this isn’t a precursor to what this winter is going to be like – every once in a while we have a really bad winter, last year was really mild so we are probably due. :grumble:

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Gym, training session DONE!
    Monday~Gym, running drills
    Tuesday~Rest Day
    Wednesday~Gym, training session
    Thursday~Gym, Arc Trainer
    Friday~Rest Day
    Saturday~Gym, running drills
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @Nettie - Thank you for your kind words. I've been going around all weekend feeling awful for the way I feel. All of this is new and I'm going to give my husband a couple weeks to adjust to and absorb what this means as far as lifestyle changes are concerned. This is not a man who enjoys or seeks change so it's going to be interesting.

@kah68 - Exactly! He needs to do the work of learning to deal with temptation just like I have. It's not easy, but it is reality and the sooner he comes to grips with that the better. I want to be supportive, but not at the complete expense of what I need.

In a couple weeks, I'm going to sit him down and let him know how I feel about it. I think some of his suggestions and comments just struck me wrong. All along my health issue (weight) has been seen as MY issue and now he wants to make his health issue OUR issue. I've been married for 32 years and been a Mom for 29 of them. I've spent 31 1/2 of those years focusing my time, energy, attention and concern first and foremost on my family. The last 6 months I've been focusing on ME and I'm not willing to go back to putting myself second or third or fourth in every situation. This will be just one more in a long series of compromises and negotiations that make up a 32 year long marriage.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Today I am thankful for skilled and thoughtful medical professionals. I had to have a tooth extracted today. It was a crown that broken off at the gum line so I went to an oral surgeon who is also my cousin's son. He was very thoughtful, did an excellent job and gave me a very generous "family" discount. I'm sure that he doesn't give all of his family that much of a discount, but I surely do appreciate it.
    Live2travel-Hang in there. My DH is Type 2 diabetic. He does a pretty good job of controlling his eating and is on meds but not insulin. I have found that I just have to let him regulate himself. Most things with sugar he avoids very well, but he loves ice cream. I just have to bite my tongue on that one. We certainly make no effort to keep temptations out of the house.
    It sounds like it was a good weekend for most. It was -11 degrees here this morning so I'm going to have to do yoga or Leslie Sansone. No walking outside until it warms up. I'm going to see how I feel when the novacaine wears off of this tooth.
    Have a great day. Kaye
  • Believeth64
    Believeth64 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    @Toot glad to see you doing great also I see you are writing books oh my what is the titles and where can they be purchased.

Monday Check-In, I am coming along better then I thought I would. I weighed last Friday and lost 4.4 pounds I feel a lot better. I know I have to keep moving forward because I've gained to much weight and it has to go. Hopefully my doctor will let me do more when I go back as long as the healing is still going forward. :ohwell: enough about me hope everyone have a great day, keep moving and keep believing.

fdd383aa3841028.gif
  • rnmortell
    Options
    Monday- Starting to get a little discourage.d I've done pretty good the last 2 1/2 weeks lost 5lbs then the holidays are hard (so I splurged on the holiday) and it is hard to keep track and log everything I eat even though it is very helpful it's also frusterating! I'm trying really hard but lately I want to just say forget it but I know I need to do this for me and my family. Any tips on what helps when you get frusterated?
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I missed you all. I had a miserable cold that has been going through the whole family but am feeling much better today. My thoughtful daughter filled the x-mas candy jars that happen to sit on my desk and I mindlessly ate a LOT of calories today. Who would have thought those little things would add up so fast. Needless to say the jars have found a new home. I had a small loss this week and hoping to keep that trend going. I got back to my morning green smoothies a couple days ago not only for the weight loss benefits but those things are chock so full of vitamins they can only help finish killing off this cold and hopefuly help keep me from catching the next one. I see a lot of you are having fun with the cold as well. We have been in the teens and mid twenties here the last four or five days. Not at all what we are used to in Western Washington. Good news is the end is in sight by Wednesday back and the forties and rain. Thats more like it:laugh: Is it just me or is everyone having problems with popups on here today. They are about to drive me crazy. Anyway have a great day everyone and keep warm.:drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • michelleborman50
    michelleborman50 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @lives2travel- support is a two way street. glad you are standing your ground.

@jnettie- sitting around waiting on someone with no call just sucks. too bad you cant charge him for your time

@kah68-that was a lot of weight to lift. great job!

@believeth64- amazing weight loss. It feels so good doesn't it!

AFM-My brother passed away on Dec 5th last year at 44. Today I got a call from an ex-girlfriend from his past who was asking me about who got his life insurance, 401k and other things. Then wanted to talk about his ex-wife and was upset the she got his 401k. Like it is any of her business. Between my crazy day at work and her call while I was at work I know my co-workers were thinking I was one fun filed lollipop tripled dipped in psycho.:angry::grumble:
    But I am staying on course which is very difficult because Will likes his sweets and I bake something for his lunch every week and make his lunch every night with mine. He gets yummy stuff and I get loads of veggies. Thank goodness for protein or I would lose it...hehehe
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @tammy--glad you are feeling better--colds stink! :grumble:

@mortell--I just do my best to keep logging--even when it's frustrating. I know in the long run it will pay off. Sometimes on a special occasion, I skip logging--especially if I know it's not really going to be accurate. However, I try not to do that too often.

@barbara--good to see you back. :flowerforyou: Sorry your ankle is still such a hassle--are you done with all of the surgeries? Are you doing any kind of physical therapy for it?

@kaye--it's too cold for walking here as well--even gunner isn't too keen on staying out for long. The temps wouldn't be so terrible (teens and low 20's today), but the wind is just killer!

@lives--sorry about your husband's diagnosis. I agree with everyone else--you should be able to keep the dark chocolate in the house.

@kelley--glad you are no longer house-bound. They were talking about the weather on the evening news and reported from the Dallas airport where so many are still stranded. At least here in Chicago they can plow the snow--it's so much harder to remove sheets of ice.

@nettie--I loved WD mid-season finale too, but WOW what an ending! I wasn't so surprised by what happened with Hershel, but the Governor DID surprise me--really wasn't expecting that so soon.

@holly--good luck with your finals--I know you'll be happy to have that break until Jan.! Sorry the puppy threw up--gunner's only thrown up a handful of time in the 6+ years we've had him, but twice was in our bed--talk about gross! :laugh:

@toots--congrats on the books! :drinker: I hope the adoption plans work out for you guys.

@susan--I agree about the appliances! We take so much for granted, but there are surely more people in this world with out those conveniences.

@tlh--please tell me I haven't had your name wrong all this time! I thought it was tracy, but this is the 2nd time in the past month or so that I've seen others call you by a different name. Please correct me if I've been mistaken all this time. :blushing: Glad you are happy with your church.

Monday Check-in:
    Just trying to stay warm here. Had to get up early to pick up some coffee and bring other snacks for my student teacher's last day today. My reward was a fabulous thank you present from him. He gave me a $50 gift card to DSW and a $50 starbuck's gift card; however, the best gift of all was a box of m&m's and book of matches from Air Force One--both have the Presidential Seal on them--very cool!! He used to guard the plane when he was MP in the Air Force, and he knows I'm a Navy brat and would appreciate the souvenir.

My AP kids took a quiz today, but I decided to take the night off from grading. They are writing essays in class tomorrow, so I will have some time to grade during those 3 class periods.

Grading goals:
    1. x/73 Tone vocabulary quizzes
    2. prep for my domain meeting on thursday

Exercise goals:
    Mon--rest day (meeting)
    Tues--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Wed--rest day (meeting + dinner with friends)
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Fri--going out with student teacher and colleagues for drinks
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 85
    Dead lift = 90
    Squat = 90
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 60

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @Toots~Good to hear from you, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that everything works out with the adoption. Interesting that something like BMI could have an impact on that – doctors don’t even go by BMI anymore! It’s just not a good measurement for the health of a person.

Well, it's not like they are the height of progress there. But they are extremely anal retentive. They have a list of qualifications as long as your arm. BMI is just one of them.
    Hi everyone. I missed you all. I had a miserable cold that has been going through the whole family but am feeling much better today. My thoughtful daughter filled the x-mas candy jars that happen to sit on my desk and I mindlessly ate a LOT of calories today. Who would have thought those little things would add up so fast. Needless to say the jars have found a new home.

I remember the first year I was doing this Halloween hit and I ate a handful of those stupid little fun size bars and they were like 800 calories! I learned my lesson, that's for sure. Smart of you to move it away :laugh:
    @Toot glad to see you doing great also I see you are writing books oh my what is the titles and where can they be purchased.

The last one is called The Tell-Tale Con and the pen name is Aimee Gilchrist. You can buy it on Amazon in paperback or Amazon, Nook, Kobo etc for ereaders. :)
    AFM-My brother passed away on Dec 5th last year at 44. Today I got a call from an ex-girlfriend from his past who was asking me about who got his life insurance, 401k and other things. Then wanted to talk about his ex-wife and was upset the she got his 401k. Like it is any of her business. Between my crazy day at work and her call while I was at work I know my co-workers were thinking I was one fun filed lollipop tripled dipped in psycho.:angry::grumble:

Oh my goodness. Can you imagine? Sorry you had to listen to that.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Grading goals
    65/65 8th grade Draw it papers
    29/32 7th grade labs I will finish these tonight.
    0/95 8th grade labs

Just dropping in quickly to say hi and update some goals.
    I had a great workout tonight with my trainer. She had me do interval training at 2 minutes for 2 rounds, then for 1 minutes. We moved to an arm workout of chin ups using a bar bell and then hanging (shoulders and core engaged) from a bar, ending with bicycle crunches and v-crunches topped off with a easy 2000m row. I had a nice day off even though it was raining most of the day. It is still cold.

Tomorrow, we are expecting round 3 of the winter blast. Sunday we had a mixed bag, today was mostly rain. Tomorrow we are expecting anywhere from 2-6 inches of snow. It is suppose to start around 5 am. They make the call about 5:30, so it will really depend on where this storm is located and how fast it is moving. Based on the radar, we are in the bulls-eye for getting hit with snow. I hope it starts a little earlier so they will close schools tomorrow. I do not want to drive the highways if the weather is bad. Between the bad and stupid drivers and the road conditions, it would be a nail bitter getting to work plus getting home would be worse.

Kelley- Glad you are safe from the storm. I have seeing pictures from Dallas of snow and ice falling off of roofs and landing on cars. Hope you thaw out quickly.

Back to grading those last 3 papers tonight.