Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Sorry I was MIA yesterday. It was a long tiring day. DH and I were out the door by 8:30 for the funeral. After mass we cam back home to let gunner out before going to the funeral luncheon 45 minutes away. It was at Maggiano's whic hwas super yummy, but hard to log. I can find the nutritional values for most of the food, but b/c it was all served family style, I have no idea how much to log. For example, the gnocchi w/ italian sausage is in the database, but it's listed as "one meal." I know the serving sizes there are huge and I lonly had a small taste of it, but I don't know what portion of a full meal it was. :ohwell:

After the luncheon, we went back to my parents' house to visit with some family and didn't get home until almost 5 pm. I had to leave at 6 pm to go donate blood and then went next door to starbucks to grade for a bit.

Thursday Truth:
    I was way over calories yesterday. It was such a weird day--a greek yogurt before the church, so I was starving by the time we got to lunch. Tried to make decent choices, but the lemon cookies were delicious. :blushing: I didn't eat again until after my blood donation where I had snacks (white cheddar popcorn and peanut butter crackers). Then at starbucks the barista gave me a free croissant b/c they were closing soon, and she was just going to have to throw it away. It was delicious but so high in calories! :noway: Even after all of that snacky stuff, I was hungry for protein when I got home. DH was making corned beef hash and eggs, so I had some of that as well. Definitely not a great day.

Friday Fitness:
    I've done okay with exercise this week. It was raining by the time we got home yesterday so no walk for gunner, but the weather is better today, so I will take him this afternoon. I doubt I will run though--I hate running the day after blood donation b/c my blood O2 levels are low and I feel sluggish. I will hit the gym hard tomorrow for sure though.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Oh, and I almost forgot--my new profile pic is my friends and I in Switzerland. It's part of an ad campaign for the Swiss rail system. Isn't that hilarious?!?:laugh:
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. It is a horribly wet day here in washington state. Unfortunatley it is supposed to stay this way all weekend which we really dont need right now. I have got a big pot of barley mushroom soup cooking on the stove and I am just going to cave up the rest of the day and hide from the rain. Making the soup was "fun". My knife got away from me and now I have a nicely sliced finger. Of course that almost always happens when I am doing a lot of chopping. I keep my knives very sharp. The soup is still cooking but I have been tasting the broth and I think it is going to be really really good. Well I am tired and my brain is just kinda rambling around so have a great day everyone.:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options

• skinnyjeanzbound
    Options

• skinnyjeanzbound
    Options

• skinnyjeanzbound
    Options

• skinnyjeanzbound
    Options

• skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    :smile: :happy: :smile: :tongue: Newbies, Welcome to our Thread! You can join us just by posting to this thread.....

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: March Challenge :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Challenges are optional and can be adjusted to meet your needs, do them all or pick just one it is up to you.

We are going GREEN this month

1. Share a new recipe
    2. Eat a veggie/ salad every day.
    3. Water goal- Add 1-2 more cups to what you normally drink.

Welcome to our thread and we hope you come back often to join us! :bigsmile:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,166 Member
    Options
    Following.............:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Lin
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome back everyone, I had a fantastic time - although too much sun. :embarassed: I forgot to apply sunscreen to my neck in Aruba during an excursion, so that was my first burn - my hair was in a ponytail and I just didn't think of it. The second was in Grand Cayman - note to self, always remember to reapply sunscreen after swimming in the sea. I'm sure I'll be shedding skin like a snake in a few days. :frown:

@L2T~Yes, that is a toucan I saw just sitting in a tree in Columbia - saw a lemur and a parrot in the same tree. :wink: My tracker pic is the beach in Aruba.

Today has been about catching up with laundry and snuggling with Zoe, she missed me terribly. I was able to meet my trainer at a park this afternoon, walked about 4 miles and got caught up. I did get some form of exercise almost every day on the ship and/or excursions. Sadly my Fitbit won't charge, I contacted them and we shared a few emails back and forth today though and they are replacing it for free - so should have a new one towards the end of next week.

I dropped off an under water camera to be developed today (these are pics with the sting rays and from snorkeling - hope they turn out okay). I'm currently working on the 300+ photos I took with my digital camera - I will post a link to them soon and write about my trip. I missed y'all - I'm sure I've missed a ton of updates, I hope everyone is doing well.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Had a really great day with family. Even got in a walk. More later.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @kah... Welcome back... wow, that sounds like a fabulous trip!

Friday Fitness: got to work out under Quasi again today. First off I was really sore from yesterday's leg workout with my usual kinesiologist, Mike. So today we focused on arms and core. Arms are hard for me, I have big arm muscles but am weak if that makes any sense. Quasi told me not to laugh tomorrow, so I think I'm gonna be sore. :ohwell: I only did 3 workouts this week (all at physio) so am kind of worried that I need to do more, but I get so sore afterwards I don't want to push it. And since I get DOMS, I usually still have some soreness on the next work out day. But on the other hand, since my back has been pain free lately, they've been pushing me harder at physio, adding more weight training and upping the cardio :grumble: Maybe I only need the 3 days and a walk/hike on the weekend for fun.

Coming up on the weekend: going to a geocaching event with my BF, which is being held at Shoeless Joe's. I've checked out the menu and am undecided, though leaning towards the spinach salad with feta and quinoa. Who knew SJ's had quinoa? At about 600 calories I hope its a meal sized portion. Sunday will be my shopping/cooking day... and I need to find a few new meal/snack ideas to change things up.

I am also anxiously awaiting the teens...
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @tanya--I think if you are doing 3 trainer led workouts that's plenty provided your rest days are active. I say let your body and the scale dictate whether you need to add more structured exercise on the off days.

@kelley--can't wait to hear more about your trip! The beach looks heavenly!

@lin--Hi there!! :flowerforyou: Good to see you're smiling face.

AFM--I managed to get a few more essays graded, but on a brighter note, I finished all of the JRP drafts. I have so much I wanted to get done this break, and I need to accept it's just not all going to happen. I'm going to list it out here and hope to get at least a bit of it done over the weekend.

1. finish grading
    2. prep for next week (this will require a trip to school)
    3. enter grades (this will require a trip to school)
    4. clean fish tank
    5. clean bathroom
    6. wash the rest of the throw rugs
    7. clean junk off dining room table
    8. clean floors
    9. prepare lunch & snacks for work next week
    10. get pedicure

March Challenge:
    1. 2/4 weeks--Share a new recipe
    2. 25/31--Eat a veggie/ salad every day.
    3. 28/31--Water goal 12 cups/day

Grading Goals:
    1. 23/70 AP essays
    2. 50/50 JRP drafts DONE

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Fri--run outside w/ gunner WALKED GUNNER INSTEAD
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--run outside w/ gunner
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @ushkii--have you learned how to tame those pesky chips? I have a bag of doritos that keeps attacking me! :noway:
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: This week was OK. I used the fitness center at the hotel 2 out of 4 days so not too bad. I did hit the gym this AM so I could enjoy dinner out tonight with Laurie and Tom. Of course, it’s not about the food, but their company. I joined MFP in August 2012 and it’s a little surreal being able to finally meet folks face-to-face. It was a wonderful evening with Tom, Amy, Laurie and her co-worker Sheila. It was so nice spending time together and just chatting away. Now Karen in May and then folks again for the T2T 5K in NYC. So excited!!!

Regarding Maya Angelou, it was definitely a once in a lifetime experience. While her voice was shaky at times, the words were so distinguished. She truly has such a gift. Soledad O’Brien also shared her experiences and her parents who fought all odds as an interracial couple in the late 1950’s. Truly an amazing story of courage, love and faith. The conference was great!!

@ Karen – Loved your shopping story with the sisters. Some awesome cheering going on. Good for you!!! Also, thanks for rolling us over and I know you can get your list done.

@ Naomi – Sorry last weekend was a bit stressful and struggling through those teenage years, but super proud of you for not letting food dictate. You’re learning!!

@ Queen – It was so good to read your post about the car and life. It sounded like your heading in the right direction. One thing I continue to learn is how important it is to rid ourselves of toxic relationships. Good for you!

@ RobinB – First of all, FitBit was found. Woo Hoo!!! There are still some honest people out there. I was ecstatic!! Regarding the conference, it’s an amazing organization. Basically, back in the mid 1980’s, there were 14 women who were friends working on different levels in the foodservice industry. They started discussing some of their challenges as women trying to break into the board room or how few women CEO’s there are and formed a group. Basically, the WFF was established in 1989 to advance women leaders and to become the go to resource to build skills, expand knowledge and accelerate their career growth. It’s an awesome organization. Here’s the website you can check out the group plus some videos from the conference I attended. Enjoy!!

https://www.womensfoodserviceforum.com

Also, as far as the treadmill, we’re all so different and at different levels in our fitness. I think you should be able to achieve that by May. I did 60 minutes this AM. I did 3.0 for a 5 minute warm-up, then 3.5 for 5 minutes and did 50 minutes at 3.8. My mileage was around 3.75. You will get there I have no doubt. Just keep increasing your speed slowly. You’ll be there before you know it.

@ Jeannie – Congrats for getting back on track. It’s half the battle getting back up, dusting yourself off and pushing forward. You go girl!! Also, I completely agree. I am so thankful every single day. I woke up today and breathed. I landed on two feet. I have two arms and two hands. I have a roof over my head. I have an amazing, healthy son. I have a job. I am loved. I love. Life is good and I’m thankful today. I try to remember this every single day.

@ Aimee – I’m almost 100% sure you will not be last. There will be a lot of folks who will walk the whole thing. I thought that too, but I’ve never even been close to being last and you will not either. Anyway, If you are, who cares???!! The fact you’re out there and doing it – be proud!!!!

@ Kaye – During my conference, I was on one of the committee’s and we held a session around Care Givers. Every single one of us whether it’s an elderly parent, sick child, friend, co-worker, etc. . . will be a care giver at some point in their life. It’s so important (and this is for ALL of us) to be prepared. We need living wills, final wills, who will take care of your children, where will your finances go, do you pull the plug or not?, etc. . . I know all of this can be so hard to discuss, but it’s so important. I cannot stress enough everyone needs to have those talks. I’m so glad my parents are prepared. I know they want to be cremated, buried, finances, personal possessions, etc. . . no questions for me and my sister. It’s already done and we are well aware. I’m grateful for my parents and making those hard decisions for us.

@ Laurie – I just read your “General Comments” and printing them off now. I’m going to post them near my desk and at home. I need to constantly read those words. I can’t wait for our hike on Saturday so I can pick your brain, ooze some of your knowledge and just give me that kick in the butt I need. I’ll let you walk behind me to kick my butt when I use negative words. LOL!!

@ Hansea – Thanks for the update on your sister. I’m so glad to hear things went well. Thanks too for the chowder recipe. Yum!!!

@ Tammy – I’m a few days late, but hugs to you. Sorry you were feeling a bit crappy. TOM is brutal so hopefully her visit is quick and she leaves you alone for 30 days. LOL!!

@ Pash – Hugs to you!!! I know how hard it is when we lose our 4-legged family members. Hang in there!!

@ Nettie – I’m on Pinterest too. I don’t get on half as much as I use too, but do occasionally jump on. I love getting ideas, but just don’t have time to implement. LOL!!

@ L2T – Enjoy your long weekend, time with your daughter and hopefully you’ll get back to classes next week. I know how much you were enjoying them and you’re so darn close. The #1 WILL come off!!!!

@ Tracy – I’m so glad to see you back and getting things on track. I’m right there with you!!!

@ Kelly – I’m so glad you had a good time. I can’t wait to see your pictures and read about the trip. We had some nice sun a few weeks ago so I was out that weekend. I’m hoping the next couple of weekends I’ll lay out a little to get a bit of a base, but I can’t forget to wear the sunscreen and reapply too.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I've been MIA for about four days. Not caught up, but I'm doing ok. Crazy midterms workload and a lack of sleep haven't made this an ideal weight loss week but I'm not eating too far into my exercise calories.

I went for a GREAT run tonight, however about half way through I felt like the ground was moving and was convinced I was so dehydrated I was about to pass out. When I returned to my dorm I found out that the ground was actually moving: I experienced my first California earthquake!

I hope everyone is well. Still no news about that job I really wanted. I just need to use the frustration of being discounted because I'm fat as fuel for my healthy lifestyle. This weekend is going to be TOUGH (12 hours both days in the library, likely) but I'm going to make sure I have an hour of exercise both days as me time.

I hope everyone is well. I'll try to catch up this weekend between papers.