Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    friday fitness: just continuing to get back on that wagon, working on the halloween challenge. i can't believe how fast i regress when i fall off for awhile. i'm back to where i was at the beginning where i have to think all the time about what i'm going to eat and not just instinctively make better choices and where i have to convince myself a million times a day not to just eat whatever i want. i don't really like this stage :laugh: not thrilled with myself for it. but oh well.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness: KEEP WALKING!! Trying for 35 miles again this week.

Lin
    :glasses: :drinker: :glasses:
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness ! Went to Zumba class last night and had a wonderful time !
    Today i am going to take a walk !
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Feeling defeated again. I just don't understand what has happened to me. As far as food goes, I did amazing last week. Starting Saturday of last week it has gone down hill and I haven't exercised and I feel horrible. Yet I keep eating crap and not exercising.

I know it can only be me to make my decisions and decide what to do. I just feel at this point that I'm never going to get to where I want to be so what's the point?
    I see these skinny girls and think that's never going to be me. I cant see myself thin. So I feel like it will never happen. Ever since I hit that plateau and stopped losing even though I was still working hard I haven't been back on track. I haven't lost since April-ish. I have been losing and gaining the same 5lbs.
    I dont even know what to do anymore. The weekend comes and I just dont pay as much attention as I do during the week.

I will get through this. Just have to refocus. I just feel like it'll never happen. I just have to work hard for it again. Period.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness. Having a date night with DH to stock up at Costco. With my knee, the trek around Costco is about all I can handle for one day. Planning more chair exercises for the coming week.
    I'm concerned about calories today. I've been under, sometimes significantly, all week, but Costco is 60 miles away so we will be eating out. It will be the first time since I joined MFP. Already stressing about what I will have.
    Have a good day. One step a time, right? Kaye
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

RobinsEgg- Great news!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou::flowerforyou:

s039.gif
    s030.gif
    s022.gif
    happy-dance.gif
    clap-smiley.gif
    Excited_man_2.gif
    >Shakin' those tail feathers<
    >Happy dance<

The wonderful Girl Scout leaders canceled their meeting so my designated driver is free tonight!:happy: I’m going to the Pub tonight.:drinker: I will drink to all of you in this group for your continued success.:drinker: I have not gone out on a Friday night to a Pub in a long time. It should be wonderful.:devil:
    Tom
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    >Happy dance<
    Saw my doctors today and the good news is I am cancer-free - WOOT WOOT WOOT! I just have to be checked once a year, no treatment, no nothing!
    And my first post-op appointment went great too. ALthou I cannot do things like vaccuuming and lifting, my surgeon released me to swim! WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!! I am so happy I am:

>shakin' those tail feathers<
    doin' the happy dance! :love:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO INCREDIBLY RELIEVED AND HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: I have walked most of this week. They haven't been more than 25 minutes at a time, but I commiting to getting back at exercising most days of the week. I figure I will increase the days of the week, get a routine, and then work on the time. Even at 25 minutes, I'm happy because I go all out the whole time. I don't need to slow down at any point.

Truthfully, I've been stopping my walks so soon because I get bored. Need a better/longer course and fewer gnat swarms attacking me.

My motivation for getting back into things is that I may be able to try to get pregnant early in the new year! I'll be 1 year post op from my bariatric surgery and my birth control shot will run out around then. My main reason for getting more fit was that I wanted babies. I am quite excited that it's really starting to look like a possibility. :drinker:
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: Sad today. Just wanna sit and cry.
  • Angie_1991
    Options
    Thursday Truth: Sad today. Just wanna sit and cry.

I'm such an idiot...it is Friday not Thursday...........blast.
  • Angie_1991
    Options
    Ok, Friday Fitness.........Sex should be in the exercise choices....calories are burned.........
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    11,505 steps/70,809/400,000 Halloween challenge. How's everyone doing?

A-fib behaving today--yay! Right foot--not so much--boo!

Worked a half day, Activity Day girls at my place (kind of like Brownie scouts), cleaning/decorating for houseguests that are arriving Sat.--I am tired! No wonder I've been stressed. That's a woman's life, right?

I'll just be brief for the next few days due to in-law invasion.

Robin! Hip hip hooray! I am happy and relieved for you. Prayers were answered, right?

Skinnyjeanz--said it before and will again, TEACHERS ROCK (and work so very hard)! Just reading your list of goals is exhausting.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

So are ya'll going to the Balloon Festival?
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Robin, Great news! So happy for you.
    Tina, It is all part of the game, you have come so far and changed so much. Just keep on going.

Many people have opened up here with concerns of health, relationships and self doubt. This is a safe place to do that and I think it is good therapy to get it all out somewhere. I love this group and all the support each of you give to each other. Aug love to read your post. Tom have a good time at the pub safely. I went on a business trip and in the hotel I tried the tub, it was great even though there was more me then water in that tub, ha ha. Oh and getting out was scary I was thinking if I slip and hit my head how will the paramedics get me out of here, it was a small bathroom.
    Luckily, and with lots of work, I have a great relationship with my first wife (she hates it when I call her that.) We have a date night, cheap theater that play not the newest movies but has great popcorn. We have both spent years inching up our cloth sizes and trying not to worry about the numbers on the scale. We help each other but we also let each other slip a lot. I keep thinking it is a slow change, it took years to get here and we just need to keep reaching for that healthier life. I have only been married once.
    Friday fitness: lots of yard work is planned for this week end. I have been walking almost every other day. Cleared off the stationary bike again and even got on it once. I really need to go to sleep so I can get up and do that.
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    >Happy dance<
    Saw my doctors today and the good news is I am cancer-free - WOOT WOOT WOOT! I just have to be checked once a year, no treatment, no nothing!
    And my first post-op appointment went great too. ALthou I cannot do things like vaccuuming and lifting, my surgeon released me to swim! WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!! I am so happy I am:

>shakin' those tail feathers<
    doin' the happy dance! :love:

Woohoo, this is such wonderful news!!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @ Robin - That is such amazinglywonderfulsupercalifragilistic news! You deserve to shake those tail feathers!!

@ GrandmaKaye - If you haven't left yet :P Decide before you leave where you want to stop and then look for their menu online. Then you can peruse and decide what looks healthy before you get there. They may also have the nutritional information available so you can make informed decisions.

@ Mr.M - Enjoy your pub trip and have a bite of bangers and mash for me!!

Friday Fitness:
    I've done my hour swim every day (except Thursday, rest day). Forgot my darn suit when I left for work this morning so I'll have to run home and THEN go to the pool tonight but that's ok. It's sort of on the way.

Looking forward to a great weekend and finished pre logging it last night so the calories all look good. Also prelogged the next week and did my grocery list from the log so I can get that done on payday (tuesday)!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: I have walked most of this week. They haven't been more than 25 minutes at a time, but I commiting to getting back at exercising most days of the week. I figure I will increase the days of the week, get a routine, and then work on the time. Even at 25 minutes, I'm happy because I go all out the whole time. I don't need to slow down at any point.

Truthfully, I've been stopping my walks so soon because I get bored. Need a better/longer course and fewer gnat swarms attacking me.

My motivation for getting back into things is that I may be able to try to get pregnant early in the new year! I'll be 1 year post op from my bariatric surgery and my birth control shot will run out around then. My main reason for getting more fit was that I wanted babies. I am quite excited that it's really starting to look like a possibility. :drinker:

Robyn_T - You look beautiful in your new picture! I am so excited for you to be able to follow through on your pregnancy plans early next year. You have done tremendously well on your journey and I am so proud and impressed by you! I hope you come around more, for I miss your upbeat and honest feedback and attitude! :flowerforyou:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Robin, Great news! So happy for you.
    Tina, It is all part of the game, you have come so far and changed so much. Just keep on going.

Many people have opened up here with concerns of health, relationships and self doubt. This is a safe place to do that and I think it is good therapy to get it all out somewhere. I love this group and all the support each of you give to each other. Aug love to read your post. Tom have a good time at the pub safely. I went on a business trip and in the hotel I tried the tub, it was great even though there was more me then water in that tub, ha ha. Oh and getting out was scary I was thinking if I slip and hit my head how will the paramedics get me out of here, it was a small bathroom.
    Luckily, and with lots of work, I have a great relationship with my first wife (she hates it when I call her that.) We have a date night, cheap theater that play not the newest movies but has great popcorn. We have both spent years inching up our cloth sizes and trying not to worry about the numbers on the scale. We help each other but we also let each other slip a lot. I keep thinking it is a slow change, it took years to get here and we just need to keep reaching for that healthier life. I have only been married once.
    Friday fitness: lots of yard work is planned for this week end. I have been walking almost every other day. Cleared off the stationary bike again and even got on it once. I really need to go to sleep so I can get up and do that.

ushkii - I think its cute you tease your wife and call her your first wife! It sounds like you have a lovely relationship - date night sounds like a very special custom. You don't see many married couples maintaining that kind of intimacy over the long haul. Congratulations on that! :flowerforyou: Keep up the walking every other day and maybe you'll only have to use that stationary bike when the weather's bad.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    ]
    I haven't lost since April-ish. I have been losing and gaining the same 5lbs. \

this is what happened to me earlier this year. i went literally about, what, six months? didn't lose a thing. was still exercising. was still eating right. finally it did happen. i know it sucks because it feels pointless but you just have to keep pushing. eventually it will happen. maybe change up your goal so your calories change. or stagger.
    Ok, Friday Fitness.........Sex should be in the exercise choices....calories are burned.........

i count it as dancing :laugh: i use this site to calculate the calories burned. http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc scroll down to the S's lol
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

I've been counting it as aerobics. It should be listed in exercise
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @Joe -- good luck!
    @Toots -- yes, well, cleaners are a big ol' luxury, because if we don't have them, we quickly descend into actual squalor. Also, my real vice is Double Sausage & Egg McMuffins, and those aren't sustainable.
    @Tom -- I hope you *really* enjoy the pub!
    @Nicole -- let him cook for you; don't start teaching him healthy recipes until the second time he cooks...
    @Lin -- Look at how much you've accomplished already! It's a slow and steady road, right?
    @Kaye -- well done on the chair exercises!
    @Christine -- glad you're on the mend.
    @Maddalen -- you might want to read the riot act to your bloke, I'm just sayin'... people who work from home shouldn't be expected to cook every day, but they should pull their weight.
    @Genericwit -- you're always welcome to come here and vent. But look how far you've come!
    @Sweetalker -- one of the things I really love about this group is that everyone here shares that experience of thinking 'but it's taking soooo long...' It's a long, long road for all of us. I was feeling really great about my exercise, and how I looked and felt after 3 months of this, and my mum decided that was the day to launch into a tirade about how fat I was and how I ought to eat less and exercise more.
    @sunshine -- out-to-eat type pizza can have *amazingly* many calories in it, but if you've put on a pound it's probably still sloshing around inside you a bit. A couple of clean days will sort you out.
    @Robin -- love that Happy Dance!
    @Kris -- Ooh yes I don't like that squidge into the sides of the bathtub while your tummy sticks out feeling either. Brilliant NSV.
    @Liz -- I too have an overcommitted weekend. My son has come home from school with a long list from his key worker of things he needs to do by Monday, and we're busy all weekend and camping.

Slight cookie baking disaster yesterday. Last day of daughter's work experience today; so half the cookies are for that (I think she will claim she baked them herself...), and the rest are for us. But a certain amount of dough got eaten in the process and then some of the cookies broke when I took them off the baking sheet. Broken cookies don't count, right? Thought about doing some extra cardio to make up for it but Who Are We Kidding?

Friday fitness: the good thing that happened yesterday was that I'm continuing to get better at counter pressups. In another couple of weeks I'm going to start doing pressups on the stairs. And I got some badminton coaching from my hubby earlier. I am very tired now.

Meanwhile, I get what you're all saying about counting the calories from rumpy pumpy, but I'm not sure I'd be scoring a lot. "Brisk calisthenics - 48 seconds"...

Have a great weekend all!

-- Alison