Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Baa-baa: What is the August challenge, please?

GW>Marsha
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    tunetut- Good thinking dropping Doctor #1! There are no easy fixes to weight loss. Are you in the US? I just think that many of our doctors here have not been trained in nutrition or have received limited training in nutrition. I hope in the future that insurance companies would start looking at nutritionist referrals as preventive health and pay like they would for a lipid panel and annual physical, etc. It's frustrating.
    I'm also a late day/night time binger...and it's way worse if I don't eat enough of the right things for breakfast or lunch. I know I need to work in more protein into my day to help with that.

ebailey- I'm glad dropping dairy is helping!

Kaye- ID theft?!?! Scary. Great work by your bank....though, $10,000 was probably pretty obviously not your normal spending habits. :noway:

aimee- Garlic is the best. Congratulations on getting into a medium shirt! Woot!

Fera- You're under 300!!!! Woo hoo!!!!

aprilshowers- Honesty is the best policy. I still struggle with it.

GrammyWhammy- Lost sheep is back into the fold AND under calories for the day? Great job!

Laurie and Skinny- Good luck and have fun at your race!

AFM- We DID hire the person I was hoping we would hire for one of our two vacant positions! She's going to be great and I'm super excited to have her start! Yay!
    I decided to run a little this morning, and then add an extra run over lunch. I use this gym near my work and run on a treadmill. The place is about 5 minutes away, but the road was all torn up for construction!! :noway: Oops. Was late getting back to work because of the detour and didn't have time to grab Subway like I had planned. So, I ate a bag of nuts from the vending machine. Egads. 300 calories all packed into this tiny package? Oh well. The protein and fats are satisfying....though, I probably didn't need all the salt. :indifferent:
    My Tuesday goal is to actually get my laundry caught up tonight after work. Not having a day off, but still having a husband and two kids makes for quite a pile. Also, I've worn all of my scrubs. If I don't wash some tonight, I won't have anything to wear to work tomorrow!
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    GrammyWhammy- August Challenge is to track the number of days you are under your calorie goal. Some people are going to give themselves a window and be just below or just above their calorie goal each day. I think I'm going to say I want to shoot for being at or under my calorie goal most days...I will likely give myself a weekend pass....haven't decided for just one day or both weekend days.
    Also, some of us are doing a macros challenge, custom to whatever our personal struggles are. I am going to be tracking the number of days I hit my protein goal.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My plan for August challenge:

1) I'm going to aim to be at or under my calorie goal every day... daily calorie goal is 2040, but will fluctuate with calories exerted through exercise so I will often be able to eat more. But if I overindulge... I may be running down the road at 11pm to work it off!

2) I'm going to aim for 150g of protein daily. That's the number my physiotherapist gave me so that's what I'm using. I've done it before so I can do it again (must stock up on egg whites, yogurt and protein powder)

These are lofty goals, but I've done this in past months with great success. I HAVE to get back on track with my eating... I've been so lazy (diet wise)the past 6 weeks.

July mileage/active minutes

7/1: 13 miles, 197 AM
    7/2: 2.5 miles 32 AM
    7/3: 5.1 miles 135 AM
    7/4: 8.1 miles 360 AM
    7/5: 5.5 miles 120 AM
    7/6: 9.3 miles 213 AM
    7/7: 2.5 miles 55 AM
    7/8: 5.8 miles 175 AM
    7/9: 7.5 miles 150 AM
    7/10 3 miles 90 AM
    7/11 6.5 miles 150 AM
    7/12 6.5 miles 143 AM
    7/13 12.1 miles 120 AM
    7/14 5.3 miles 122 AM
    7/15 3.2 miles 105 AM
    7/16 1.9 miles 60 AM
    7/17: 2.6 miles 63 AM
    7/18: 4.8 miles 128 AM
    7/19: 6 miles 135 AM
    7/20; 13.1 miles 260 AM
    7/21: 5.6 miles 130 AM
    7/22: 0--- REST!!!
    7/23: 4.6 miles 100 AM
    7/24: 4 miles 75 AM
    7/25: 8.4 miles 375 AM
    7/26: 0-- REST
    7/27: 12 miles 210 AM
    7/28: 3.5 miles 90 AM
    7/29: 6 miles 95 AM
  • trulydivyn725
    trulydivyn725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Since I joined in so late, I don't have a month long list of July mileage, so my goal for this week is to keep tracking my food intake on here. Having just joined MFP about 10 days ago, it's been a HUGE eye opener to realize how many calories I was consuming and thinking "dang I'm doing GREAT compared to what I used to eat" then EEEEK this MFP pulled my head out of the clouds and into reality pretty quickly!

My other goal is to continue to use my pedometer to track my walking. Yesterday I got 3.04 miles in just at work!! Average is about 1.9 to 2.1 miles. I didn't track my miles over the weekend, and really didn't do much cardio to speak of, and I paid for it on Monday with how sluggish I was yesterday with some unexpected business to tend to.

Another goal is to not be so hard on myself, and just take this one day at a time. I am very OCD and have to keep myself from being TOO compulsive or obsessive about my weight. I work where I can get a very accurate weight, and have decided what works best for me is to weigh on the 1st of every month. I once was 386 pounds, and got down to 191 pounds about 10 years ago by NOT weighing myself daily or weekly, but by paying attention to my food intake and how my clothes feel only, and weighing on the 1st of every month. I'm now back up to about 280 pounds and I'm miserable. It's crept up on me about 10 pounds a year since my full hysterectomy in 2006 and as it's stuck to me, I've been blinded to it until I hit the 240 pound mark and could no longer buy clothes in size 18 anymore.

I maintained my weight for a few years between 191 and 205 from 2002 until 2006. On my birthday (July 25th) in 2007 I weighed 211 pounds. On the same day 2008, my weight was 223 pounds. 2009, it was 231 pounds. 2010, up to 242 pounds. 2011, at 254. 2012 was 263 and 2013, 271 and I was beyond miserable. This year, I weighed 279 on my birthday. Obviously, this getting older and weighing in only once a year isn't working for me!! Therefore, I refuse to get any older, and I am going back to weighing in on the 1st of every month instead.

Thanks for letting me rant!
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Thanks for filling me in on the August challenge. I like it. Think I'll try it, so....
    This next month I'll try to stay at or just below my daily goal of 1500 calories 5 days a week and allow myself a 200 calorie leeway on weekends.
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I had the day off from work. Yayy! I went to my second chiro appointment today and he gave me this whole sheet of stretches and exercises to start doing for my back and neck. He says I have inflammation in my lower back and need to ice it. I'm not very consistent at doing stretches so that is my Tuesday goal. I know that to get to feeling better I need to listen to the doc. I do like it when he cracks my back. Almost worth the money he charged me! :bigsmile:

After the chiro we went to our local nursery where I bought three African violets to go on our desk at home. Hubby gave me one a few months ago and I really enjoy it. Even though it hasn't bloomed for me! We just redid our home office and we have two white desk that face each other. One end of the desks sits in front of big windows, which will be perfect for my little plants. I went to Save on Crafts website and bought four square mercury glass pots for them. Very sparkly!!! :glasses:

I am excited about the August challenge. I plan to use my Fitbit to keep track of what calories I can eat today. For instance today I'm -24 on my calories. I really want to see no red in August.

@trulydivyn725, I read your rant and I feel your pain. About 9 years ago I got down to 203 lbs. I mean I was 4 lbs from wonderland and I just couldn't make it. This time I plan to make it and I know you can too!! :flowerforyou:
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I changed my profile picture for the occasion of my one year anniversary of starting this journey. There have been a lot of bumps and stalls along the way, and I was feeling discouraged with this recent plateau, so I pulled out the picture from a year ago. And I just happened to get a new swimsuit from Lands End in the mail today, and was so excited to pull it on and discover it fit! The fact that I would even consider taking a picture of myself in a tankini says something right there. :tongue: Anyway, the road is not easy, and it would be so much easier to just throw in the towel a lot of the time, but I am almost halfway there and seeing the progress does help.

We leave Thursday on our big road trip to Michigan. I have pre-planned some healthy snack/breakfast items for myself to help stay on track as best I can. Still battling this sinus thing, so I'm just hoping I can keep it under control with meds until I get back and see my doctor again. DH did finally get a diagnosis and will be starting low-dose chemo for an autoimmune disorder when we get home from holidays. Never a dull moment in this family!

Also, training for our second half marathon of 2014 starts when I return from vacation. We did a test run today and I was bummed that my ankle is still giving me grief after a year of physio. I think it's something I'm just going to have to live with - we've even been doing two appts per week for the last few weeks to try to get the inflammation under control. Good thing I'm tough as nails and won't let a little tendinopathy slow me down too much. :smile:

JULY MILEAGE CHALLENGE

Total: 65.26 / 60

07/01 - 0 (migraine!)
    07/02 - 2.5 miles
    07/03 - 2.26 miles walking, 30 min treading water (1.5 miles)
    07/04 - 4 miles
    07/05 - 0 (storm!)
    07/06 - 3 miles
    07/07 - 5 miles
    07/08 - 3 miles
    07/09 - 3 miles
    07/10 - 3.5 miles
    07/11 - 1.5 miles
    07/12 - rest day
    07/13 - 2 miles
    07/14 - 2 miles
    07/15 - rest day
    07/16 - 3 miles
    07/17 - 4 miles
    07/18 - 1 mile
    07/19 - 1.5 miles
    07/20 - 1.5 miles
    07/21 - 4 miles
    07/22 - 1.5 miles
    07/23 - 4 miles
    07/24 - 0 miles
    07/25 - 1 mile
    07/26 - 2 miles
    07/27 - 4 miles :drinker:
    07/28 - rest
    07/29 - 4.5 miles
  • bumrrut
    bumrrut Posts: 2
    Options
    How do I find out what the August Challenge is?

I only started yesterday so here is my mileage.

7/29 2.5 Miles

Total 7309 steps
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Nettie- I hope you can catch up with us in NY. Would love to meet you in person.

Grammywhammy- It is great to have you back. You have set some great goals for August.

Skinny (Karen)- It is great that so packet pick up and the water taxi are within walking distance of the hotel. We should start looking at plays. Do you want to see anything in particular?

Little Shadow- You look fantastic in your new picture. Love the swimsuit and it looks great on you.

Welcome to the newbie's.

The August challenge will be posted again the focus is on being under or slightly over calorie limit. Focusing on a specific macros depending on your needs. We are taking a break from the mileage challenge.

Tuesday goal- To stay active and increase my level of activity for the month of August. I am heading into the month of August and that means school starts again. That will be an unworthy excuse to make me inactive in the evenings. So my goal is to take a walk in the evening either right after school or at the gym once it gets dark. I will try to find friends to walk with at night to make it more fun. I have enjoyed the extra activity and feel guilty when I have not been active throughout the day.

Today, I was busy this morning with laundry, grocery shopping etc but then this afternoon I read a book all afternoon and tonight started feeling guilty about it. The reason was that I was tired even through I had a good night's sleep but my muscles were sore from yesterday's workout so I did not want to over do it today. So tonight after my meeting was over, I spent about 15 minutes walking the parking lot in the park. The park would be closing soon so I did not want to go to far from the car. I figured I walked about a .5 mile. It felt good and I should have done it earlier today. Tomorrow I am thinking I will walk to the gym since I still don't have my car back. The part did not come in today but should be there by tomorrow morning. Once the part is in it should only take 2-3 hours to fix the problem.

July Challenge-
    Don't forget that we have a bonus challenge- go for an extra walk and multiple the distance by 2.
    Reminder to report your miles- we have 2 days left and so many people are very close to your goals.
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Hansea Thanks for writing down the August Challenge

August Challenge is to track the number of days you are under your calorie goal. Some people are going to give themselves a window and be just below or just above their calorie goal each day.

Also, some of us are doing a macros challenge, custom to whatever our personal struggles are. For example tracking the number of days you hit your protein goal.
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Here are the status updates for the 4th week of July. Week Ending 7-26-14

½ marathon- 13.1 miles=22km

16 miles-Sprint Triathlon Level (you just complete the distance of a Sprint Triathlon

Marathon club-26.2 miles=43km :glasses:
    Robin B (29.77 mi)

33.93 Miles=Olympic distance triathlon level (51.5km) :smokin:
    ebaily (41.5 mi)

50 miles Half Century Club :bigsmile: :blushing:
    Tom (53.5 mi)
    Little Shadown (58.76 mi)
    Ferafilla (60.73 mi)

63.86 Miles- ITU Long course Distance Triathlon

70.3 miles- Half Ironman Distance Triathlon :drinker: :drinker:
    Kaye (70.7 mi)
    Skinny Karen (80 mi)
    Kelley (80.2 mi)
    Lives to Travel (81.64 mi)
    Hansea (85.08 mi)

100 miles Century Club :heart: :heart:
    Queen (132.59 mi)

140.6 miles-Full Ironman Distance :love: :love:
    Tanya (146.9 mi)

150- Exercise BEAST

200 :flowerforyou:
    Laurie K (200.8 miles)

Those who have meet in week 4 of the challenge. Congratulations to:
    Laurie K
    Ms. Frizz

Exceeding their goal during week 5 as of 7/28/14 :glasses: :smokin:
    Tanya
    Little Shadow
    Hansea
    Kaye

Updates are needed from: :sad: :grumble:
    Tlh
    Macbeth
    Rainandwood
    Forgeahead
    Ushkill
    Sweetmemoir
    Msfrizz

We have completed: :glasses: :smokin: :glasses: :smokin: :glasses: :smokin:
    299.32 miles this week
    1244.63 miles during the month of July
    We have 492.87 miles to go to reach our total miles in the challenge.

We can do this.

We have many people who are very close to achieving their goal for the month.

Please don’t forget to post your miles per day.

I am aiming to wrap up the July challenge over the weekend hopefully by Sunday or Monday. We have a few people who are on vacation and this will give them time to update their miles. Likewise, if you signed up to participate and choose not to participate please let me know.
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    @Robin: I just caught this post, yes our meals turned out great!
    @Aimee: So far so good on the tummy front. I can feel my abs stronger and my insides much more calm now that I've said no to dairy.
    @Karen: WTG on meeting your goal!! And yes, the ab work seems to be helping my running and no dairy is helping the rest.
    @Laurie: I need to be more diligent about my strength training. I love it so much, but maybe I feel like I don't need it. It really does help with running though.
    @Tom: My friends have been so supportive of me, I wish I would have read about friendship day before.
    @Nettie: Glad baby is doing well. I hope to experience that myself someday.
    @Marsha: I have lots of new MFP friends lately and all are active which helps me a lot. They like and comment my status which motivates me.
    @hansea: Yes I am glad too! I do miss cheese though and I sometimes get sad when I see a lot of menu items have dairy when we go out.

I am pleased to announce (finally) that I GOT IT!!! New shoes, here I come!!

I did not do so well on my clean eating/no dairy challenge today. I have decided to allow Greek yogurt for more protein, and it has always been the least effective on Tummy.

I am excited for the August challenge. I will have to think about the specifics. Belly dance is over now until after Labor Day and that makes me a sad panda.

Tuesday Goals:
    Monday- C210K w10d1 DONE
    Tuesday- belly dance DONE
    Wednesday- C210K w10d2
    Thursday- strength
    Friday- C210K w10d3
    Saturday- Free choice
    Sunday- rest
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! It's been a busy day, so I will catch up on personals tomorrow.

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--walk gunner
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

July Goal = 100 miles

7/1 = 3 miles
    7/2 = 0 miles
    7/3 = 2 miles
    7/4 = 2 miles
    7/5 = 1 mile
    7/6 = 2 miles
    7/7 = 8.5 miles
    7/8 = 1.5 miles
    7/9 = 2.5 miles
    7/10 = 1.5 miles
    7/11 = 1.5 miles
    7/12 = 1 mile
    7/13 = 3 miles
    7/14 = 1.5
    7/15 = 4 miles
    7/16 = 4 miles
    7/17 = 8 miles
    7/18 = 1.5 miles
    7/19 = 1 mile
    7/20 = 8.5 miles
    7/21 - 1 mile
    7/22 = 8 miles
    7/23 = 4 miles
    7/24 = 1.5 miles
    7/25 = 4.5 miles
    7/26 = 3 miles
    7/27 = 5.5 miles
    7/28 = 3 miles
    7/29 = 7 miles
  • ForeverDanielle2013
    Options
    sorry I'm late, trying to get use to this and keep up :)
    Tuesday- my goal is to STOP drinking so many soda's, yes I am addicted. I love my coke and dr pepper and not he diet or zero, I want the real stuff lol. I know I would feel so much better if I could get off of them but every time I try I get these awful headaches and talk about being grouchy! I'm trying to cut back, like only have 3 a day for a week, then 2 a day and so on until I'm completely off. Lordy it sounds like I'm trying to get off a drug or something, but I do always pick at my husband that I'm a coke-aholic. Another goal is to try and and get more sleep. I have not been sleeping well so I finally bought some zquil to try. I tried it last night but halfed the dosage, well it worked because I def slept but all day I have been so sleep. So I guess tonight I will only take 1/4 of the dosage and hopefully that will be just right. Let you know tomorrow how that works, goodnight all!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for 7/29: 4.9 miles (2 water aerobics, 2.9 walking).
    I like the ideas that I am seeing for the August challenge. I'm trying to figure out just how I am going to make it work for my month. I'll post my goal before Friday.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • katethegreat1212
    katethegreat1212 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do not fully understand how to join threads or groups on here...How will I ever find this thread again? I am not sure. It is 12:30 in the am here...I am sitting here FREAKING out, I just read about obesity tonight...I should be worried. In the last few months I have been put on blood pressure pills, water pills (severe water in my arms and legs), getting a heart test done this Friday, getting a ultra sound and possible removal of my gallbladder on tuesday...among other complications that I KNOW is happening to me because I am 105 lbs overweight. I guess I can use all of the support I can get...I am afraid I am going to die...I am only 36 years old! If anyone would like to give support...I need it! I am sick of lying to myself...I NEED to do this...no more...excuses.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Mileage for July 29 - 4.06
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    This is the site tailor made for me and I am so glad I found it.

My name is Susan, and I am 64. I am 5'5" tall and my weight has fluctuated between 160 and 200 for the last 20 years.
    I had a total knee replacement surgery last winter and gained 15 lbs. I do not seem to have any deisre to lose it and there in lies the rub. I just keep eating and eating and eating when I am alone.
    But this site looks like it might make a loser out of me. I love the will do, wont do, will do later concept and the daily exercise expectations or what ever expectations I decide and the listing there of. Great simple idea.
    And posting every day is great. I have put this site in my save file, and written down the name of the post so I can find it again. Any better quicker idea on how to do this? I am not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to computers so any help will be appreciated.

So here is my list for me and I guess for you

Will do

Bike on my recumbant bike 3 miles a day every day for the next 30 days, July 30 - August 30
    Eat three meals a day
    Eat two snacks a day
    Fall asleep earlier at night by 11:00 PM
    Wake up at 7:00 AM
    Go to my Silver Sneaker class twice a week
    Fill in food diary on MFP site
    Post each day before bedtime
    Do something outside every day even if it is only a 5 minute walk; enjoy my life in this way
    Use Arkins frozen dinners at night
    Measure my waist and weigh myself each Monday only to check in to MFP

Will not do
    Weight myself every day
    Make complicated meals or expect myself to make complicated meals
    Tell myself I am failing at my 'diet'
    Whine about being overweight; will not make disparaging remarks about what clothesdo not fit.

Will do later
    Overcome sneak eating when no one is around; do not have courage to attempt that just yet. Will think about how to overcome this so I am eating in public. My nemisis
    Daily stomach exercise

Thank you for this brilliant plan!!!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    It's me...I'm back. The house sale went through fine and we have all of our possessions somewhere in the house or the garage. The plan was to close on the house on Friday. Paint on Friday and Saturday morning and then starting Saturday afternoon, move the things to the house. Well on Thursday night (past my bedtime), Michael texted me and said, if we can get the truck, I have some friends that will come help move. That led to a very disorganized move!!

Unfortunately, they moved half of the apartment items first and they are in the back corner of the garage. Behind all the items we haven't seen in 2 years. So right now, I have about 4 sets of my own clothes, every glass I own, 6 cereal bowls and all silverware. I also have glasses from the liquor cabinet (martinis anyone???). I do NOT have any cookware yet, which is definitely making eating a challenge and expensive, but I have every cookbook I own.

My husband then had to go back to work, so some of the big items are still out -- dressers and couch to name the important ones. I have to just laugh, but the kids have some of their clothes so nobody is going naked. Eventually it'll all get in here and put away.

Jacob leaves for a church mission trip in the morning (ugh..in 6 hours..I better get to bed). He will be going to Minneapolis to work with the Urban Mission group. They return on Saturday night. We can't find his bible, so I hope the church will let him borrow one. I was from such a small church that we never had youth group that got involved with missions, so I'm excited to hear how it goes. His faith has been growing, so I hope it's a wonderful experience for him that will lead to more in his future.

Emma is really enjoying the neighborhood. She already knew about 4 kids on the street and is busy making friends with the rest and any remaining dogs. 3 houses away is a St. Bernard. She's learning quickly that he is full of slobber and "shed." That's what she calls the hair he leaves behind. I've met two neighbors so far. She has also been doing her golf lessons. They started last week and end this week, so on top of moving, we spend the evenings at the golf course.

We had quite a bit of excitement on day 2. Emma and a friend crossed the street and very shortly after a car drove by. As I was lecturing them about looking both ways, the couple I was talking to said "a kid on a phone." Two seconds later, there was a crash...he failed to take the slight left towards the bottom of the hill and he took out a light pole. When Joe got to him, the kid said "my steering wheel wouldn't work" Bull! While I didn't see it, both the husband and wife (facing the street) saw him texting on his phone and were witnesses to the police when they came. They tried to reassure me that this really is a quiet neighborhood. HA! On the plus side, he was not hurt and the girls saw a real life lesson on the fact that drivers aren't always looking so you have to be super careful when crossing the street.

I've missed you all and look forward to catching up with what's been going on with you. It's back to work for me in the morning. I just finally got the computer up and going so I couldn't resist at least getting on here and giving an update. Back to "normal" in the morning.