Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! :flowerforyou:

Wow--so many newlings! Welcome to you all! :flowerforyou:

@laurie--that's great that you made 2 miles in 24 minutes!

@erienne (ebailey)--congrats on the promotion being official now! :drinker:

@tanya--I hope that the changes to your sessions help you to enjoy them more.

@marsha (grammywhammy)-- awesome job at CF!

@kelley (kah)--Yes, my sister taught me that about the caffeine--now I always have a diet coke or a mocha with my aleve when I feel a migraine coming on.

@danielle--what are you going to college for? Is this your last class?

@tom (morgori)--I'm so glad I didn't read about National Cheesecake Day until 10 pm, or I might have "celebrated" too hard. :laugh:

@robin--the lamp sounds like a great find.

@holly (mnwalking)--I feel the same way about my friends on this thread. :flowerforyou:

@tracy (tlh)--congrats on getting through the move. Yes, we have state laws prohibiting texting and driving, and just recently talking on the cell phone unless it's hands-free. So glad my new car has blue tooth technology b/c now I can answer my phone while driving again.

@kaye--I also need to figure out exactly what my August nutrition goals will be.

Again, welcome to all of the new folks. I promise to start including you in my personals as I get to know you. :flowerforyou:

AFM--I walked gunner then spent almost 4 hours doing yard work. I edged a portion of the lawn, and then repurposed some of the sod to fill holes in the lawn. Now I hope gunner will behave and leave it alone. :devil:

Wednesday Wish:
    Not MFP related at all: I wish that when I go to work tomorrow to sit in on the interview panel hiring our new English teacher, that the candidates will be good. Last time I did this (about 4 years ago) both candidates were less than impressive. We chose the better of the 2, and she was let go at the end of the school year. We received over 300 resumes, and the 2 she narrowed it down to were awful. I can only deduce that my boss, who did the phone screenings and the first round interviews on her own, just didn't know what to look for. Either that or she was just really lazy and didn't want to keep looking for the "right" person. I really hope she's gained some experience and this time is better.

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--walk gunner
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

July Goal = 100 miles

7/1 = 3 miles
    7/2 = 0 miles
    7/3 = 2 miles
    7/4 = 2 miles
    7/5 = 1 mile
    7/6 = 2 miles
    7/7 = 8.5 miles
    7/8 = 1.5 miles
    7/9 = 2.5 miles
    7/10 = 1.5 miles
    7/11 = 1.5 miles
    7/12 = 1 mile
    7/13 = 3 miles
    7/14 = 1.5
    7/15 = 4 miles
    7/16 = 4 miles
    7/17 = 8 miles
    7/18 = 1.5 miles
    7/19 = 1 mile
    7/20 = 8.5 miles
    7/21 - 1 mile
    7/22 = 8 miles
    7/23 = 4 miles
    7/24 = 1.5 miles
    7/25 = 4.5 miles
    7/26 = 3 miles
    7/27 = 5.5 miles
    7/28 = 3 miles
    7/29 = 7 miles
    7/30 = 4 miles
  • trulydivyn725
    trulydivyn725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those who provide instructions and visuals to help us return/navigate our way back here easily. I really like this thread/page/topic or whatever they call it, and want to make sure I keep coming back...LOL...my Wednesday Wish is to make it through tomorrow without any mishaps, and weigh in on the 1st of the month with an open mind and heart to accept whatever that pesky scale says because it doesn't measure the inches, just the pounds...

@Robin, thank you for the photo record comment. I've been doing that for many years too, along with recording/logging other milestones via photo record. I cannot stand pictures of myself, but I force it because I know I have to "see" the progress or I'll stop trying...this is why I'm in the situation I'm in now....I stopped looking at myself!!!

Whenever we deny ourselves the truth, whatever reality we have or we live in, becomes our personal prison. I refuse to be confined to my body limitations, and even as I say it, I sit here typing instead of getting up and moving my body!! It's 913pm and I've only walked about 1.23 miles today according to my pedometer...if I didn't have to get up at 4am, I would get some more cardio in perhaps...or...I'd just talk myself into another Netflix episode and start over again tomorrow...

This is WHY I got back to 280ish pounds....sigh....so, my wish is for the 1st of the month to get here so I can focus on anything else other than what the damn scale will say first thing in the morning when I get to work...yes, I weigh at work because there is a very accurate scale there in the purchasing dock...to the ounces...my OCD self says, "those count too!"....LOL

Enjoy your day/evening everyone!!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for 7/30: 4.5 miles (2 water aerobics, 2.5 walking).
    Today my food log is absolutely embarrassing but I posted it anyway. I had the kids today, and I made the last of the scones. I made snickerdoodles for the kids and because I was busy, I didn't stop to fix lunch. I ate cookies instead.
    My goal for August is going to be to log everything everyday, stay under my calories at least 90% of the time, and to eat less of my exercise calories. If I don't want to log it, I won't eat it. The first couple of weeks will be hard because of granddaughter's wedding. We'll have company to cook for. Then the second week, I have to go back to Utah. All of my sisters can be there. They want to go through Daddy's stuff and divide it up. I am feeling unusually emotional about this. I am a pretty 'take things as they come' person. I am thinking that it is really sad that the whole life of this amazing man has been reduced to a few boxes that we will now divvy out to the family. It will be hard!
    Well, for my Wednesday wish, I wish that all of the wonderful new women will find as much encouragement and support here as I have found.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Wed wish... that I can get myself out of this funk I'm in. Don't get me wrong, I've been really active every day and am enjoying the outdoors as much as possible. My eating has been awful, but that will hopefully turn around next month as I will be focusing very hard on eating right. I cancelled my physio appointments last week and yesterday. I called tonight to cancel again for tomorrow and the rest of the summer... this is the other part of my funk. I would much rather get my exercise outside, I'm getting bored of the same functional exercises, and don't like waiting around for an hour or so after work to go to my appointments.

Anyway, I called tonight to cancel and talked to the director. I don't want to go, he wants me to keep coming, so we had to come up with some kind of arrangement that would suit me better. First he sweet talked me into coming tomorrow for a passive stretching session, which I admit, feels soooo great when someone else does the stretching for you! Then he offered to switch up the type of routines and to do some sessions outside. Now I just have to figure out a way to deal with this "dread" of having 3 appointments a week every week after work. I would just feel "more free" to just go to work, finish and feel good that I don't have anything to do afterward. (going for a hike or walk after work does not give me this feeling, I really look forward to them). It's weird that I "dread" my appointments since I feel so good when I doing my workout. I can't figure that out.

I've been reading along but not posting any personals.. I apologize... I will get to some soon.

Tanya - I developed the same dread of appointments after I counted up mine and realized I was averaging 8 appts. a month - I thought it was ridiculous. It was weighing me down and depressing me. So I crossed six weeks off my calendar and I REFUSE to make any appointments during that time - NO matter what unless its life threatening!!! I feel so much better for that decision alone and my mood has started to change for the better - a cloud has lifted off me. I think what your feeling is similar - and pretty darn normal. Maybe you can just take a break from your physio and then return refreshed.:flowerforyou:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    ForeverDan - You ARE learning to feel - it seems hard to do but you're on your way, my friend. Baby steps are the beginning, just let it flow over you bit by tiny bit. Just keep sharing when you can do it...:flowerforyou:

Kah - thanks so much for that bit of info - will be more prepared the next time a migraine hits!

Grammy - Marsha - whoo - great day's accomplishment - great control - like you are saying - an hour at a time. If your struggling with cravings, remember, increase protein and reduce carbs - especially sweets. Drink non-caf drinks like instant decaf coffee of flavored waters helped me.

Fera - sheesh what a month ahead. No one has to do the challenge and no excuse is needed. But you really earned your "out" with that schedule - OW!

msfrizz - I used to have a jeans purse I made myself - I loved that thing. Made it from a little kids pair of jeans. My jeans would have become a carry-all bag :laugh: ! Sorry you're so house bound. That bugged me for quite a while. Without the release of walking about, are you still using the bike?

ebailey - CONGRATS on meeting your mileage GOAL! :drinker:

tunetut - concentrating solely on the goals of your diet and "weight loss journey" are all-consuming at first. Are you that focused all the time, or just right now? I hope you get your focus back to normal, so you can have a healthy view of everything thats important to you, your family, friends, and both mental and physical health. :heart:

Lives2T - your job sounds like tremendous pressure! :sad: Hope the situation improves!

Skinny - I hope you get your wish and get a better teacher hired this year. Also I ran into another Gunner yesteday. A friend's brother arrived and HIS name is Gunner. Personally, I think your Gunner is more attractive......

trulydivyn - Great post - you've really thought things through for yourself. A gift of expression too - ! :love:

grandmaKaye - what a hard obligation you have ahead in Utah. Recently I went through my box of my stuff from my Dad. I had very little - including stuffy given to me stuff that - after his death my step-mom kept for herself his wallet contents then she gave that to me later. I consider myself blessed for that gift. Anyway just going through this slim, manila envelop of papers brought me to tears several times over.
  • tunetut
    tunetut Posts: 4
    Options
    @brenda_1129 - I've had similar conversations with my hubby. I get frustrated when he talks at me like losing and maintaining weight is so easy, however. For me, I feel like he has no clue because he is 6'6 and 220lbs and can eat WHATEVER he wants and he doesn't gain a pound. He used to live off of chips and dip, pop tarts, and other various junk and still was the same size! He eats 3x the food I eat, and he eats the full fat versions. It makes me want to throttle him in his sleep sometimes.

@robinsegg....right now, it's a big focus of my day, because I feel like I'm retraining myself and the way I view food and exercise. It doesn't consume my whole day - because I've got kids to think about, but it consumes what they don't. I know this will pass in a few weeks as things become more like clockwork and into routine.

Question for the thread - I've been seeing a lot of your exercise schedules. Does everyone try to alternate cardio and strength training or do you do a little of both each day? Our local running track has workout equipment (nothing fancy) midway around for people to fit that in too, and so I do.
  • Brenda_1129
    Brenda_1129 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @tunetut-I am trying to take what my husband says with a grain of salt and use it for motivation. I have tried explaining my struggles with weight loss to him but he's never going to get it. I just hope he gets past his ignorance of it and realizes that not everyone is built like the women he grew up around in South Florida.

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to ‘fess up to or get off your chest?)

I have 2 truths to tell. Theses are more fears but I believe that being truthful about your fears and admitting to them will help you to overcome them. Although this has not worked for my phobia of snakes!!! My first truth is that I am deadly afraid of using the machines in the gym because I care about what they other people think. I am not well versed in what machines work what parts (yes, I know there are pictures that make it pretty self explanatory!!!!!). Nor do I know what machines should be used to work the same areas, meaning I don't know what routines should be done on what days. I know I need to use some machines because weight training burns more calories but it freaks me out.

My second truth is that I am scared that I will get so caught up in wanting to lose weight that it will become an obsession and that my unhealthy relationship with food will either persist at current levels or go the other way and I will not eat enough which will sabotage my weight loss. I really need to find the balance and stop reading all the different opinions on what should be done to be most effective. Overall I need to burn more than I take in but even that can get confusing when counting calories. For example, yesterday after my workout MFP said that my goal for food was supposed to be 2668 but I only took in 1768. Looking at it from another perspective, I took in 1768 but burned 738 through my workout leaving me with an intake of 1030. I am left wondering, am I eating enough or still to much? 1030 for a total intake for the day seems really low but with the thought that you have to burn more then you take in to lose weight this is still to much. I know there is a balance and I will find it I just hope I don't get caught up in the process so much that it becomes an obsession.

A funny truth...There was an article that was being circulated around my high school graduation class about the things that will happen in your 30s. One of the things was that a person you graduated high school with would become a grandparent. I am that person!! My step-daughter had a baby, making me the grandparent of my graduating class even though I do not have kids of my own! Kind of comical!!!

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth- Sorry it's gonna be kind of long. In 2011-2012 I decided after my 4th or 5th starting over to get serious at 260 SW I had worked out and ate way better lost 15lbs at 245lb. I bought a house Oct 2012 moved in with my boyfriend at the time who became very bad for me emotionally and health wise. I gained all loss plus some because I let someone else dictate how my life was going to be instead of them supporting me in changing. Oct 2013 kicked out boyfriend and cut ties went into a depressed mood for a few months. 60 days ago got serious again with SW of 263lb proud to say I weighted in today at 248.6lb I am back on the right track again and very happy. Thanks for all the support for the lovely people in this group who helped me get back on track.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Oy, exhausted today—thunderstorms blew through late last night, waking me and keeping me awake until they passed through. Why must these come through at 2am?! :yawn: Lightning struck a house about a mile from mine and it caught on fire at around 2:30 this morning, pretty much destroyed the house—luckily everyone got out okay. Such weird weather we’re having in Texas this summer.

@Tanya~It sounds like you need a break from physio for a while, maybe take a month away from it and try again. I go through periods where I’m tired of personal training (not my trainer but the program)—my trainer can usually tell when I become uninterested and he changes things up or introduces new challenges to peak my interest again.

@Skinnyjeanz (Karen)~Hope the meetings at work go well and the interviewing committee makes a wiser decision on a new teacher.

@tunetut~I somewhat combine the two. I work out with a personal trainer 3 times a week, which is mostly weights/strength training with a little running thrown in. On the days I do cardio at the gym, like yesterday, I throw in a couple of extra leg weight machines for glutes/hamstrings.

@Brenda~This can often times be overwhelming and confusing. One thing to keep in mind is that when you exercise, MFP adds those calories to your daily goal—some people eat back those calories and others do not. There are useful threads on MFP regarding Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE), which is the amount of calories your body needs to function doing just day-to-day activities. I have found, as others here have found as well, that MFP isn’t great at setting your daily calorie target—so we’ve made adjustments using a TDEE calculator and eating slightly below that to lose weight. Here is a link to a thread I found useful when I was researching and trying to understand TDEE: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/963088-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy. You might start there and see if it can help to answer some of your questions to get yourself started on the right foot.

I was in the same boat as you regarding the weight machines—just didn’t know what to do or how to get started. One way is to talk with the trainers at your gym—often they’ll give a free session to help you understand the machines. There are also diagrams on the machines that tell you what muscle group they work. My trainer told me once that you should do a push exercise followed by a pull exercise (or vice versa but alternate). When I started I read a book entitled New Rules of Lifting for Women, it was insightful and full of information/pictures regarding what exercises to do when and how often. It’s scary at first, especially if you think others are gawking at you—trust me they aren’t, most are just in the zone doing their own thing. I mostly do my weight lifting with my trainer in his own studio now, but when I was doing it at the gym I only had guys watching me a handful of times—only to give me a thumbs up when I finished. :wink:

AFM~I apologize for my wordy and long posts lately. My Thursday Truth is that I seem to be in a zone lately, so just trying to truck along and make the goals I’ve set for myself happen—I’m right on track. Not sure what the scale will show Saturday morning since I’ve had three weeks of great losses but I’m hoping for the best. Right now it just feels good to be mostly recovered from surgery and be back in the swing of things with cardio and weight training. I may not make my mileage goal, but I’ll be really close! :happy:

July Mileage:

7/01/14—3.39mi
    7/02/14—3.30mi
    7/03/14—3.23mi
    7/04/14—None
    7/05/14—1.58mi
    7/06/14—1.97mi
    7/07/14—4.81mi
    7/08/14—3.69mi
    7/09/14—4.00mi
    7/10/14—2.76mi
    7/11/14—4.14mi
    7/12/14—1.93mi
    7/13/14—2.14mi
    7/14/14—2.82mi
    7/15/14—3.36mi
    7/16/14—5.14mi
    7/17/14—3.34mi
    7/18/14—3.27mi
    7/19/14—1.76mi
    7/20/14—3.35mi
    7/21/14—3.36mi
    7/22/14—4.08mi
    7/23/14—3.66mi
    7/24/14—4.01mi
    7/25/14—3.33mi
    7/26/14—1.78mi
    7/27/14—3.80mi
    7/28/14—3.12mi
    7/29/14—4.02mi
    7/30/14—4.58mi

Total: 95.72/100 Miles

Exercise Goals:

Monday~Gym, run DONE!
    Tuesday~Trainer DONE!
    Wednesday~Gym, elliptical DONE!
    Thursday~Trainer
    Friday~Run and/or Sauna
    Saturday~Rest day (housework really)
    Sunday~Trainer
  • stephgas
    stephgas Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i think this is my first time posting here - i was active on mfp in the past and have *always* had more than 100lbs to lose. i'm steph and i started again last saturday. i was cleaning the bathroom and decided to get on the scale and it said 283. i was shocked because i'd been hovering around 270 for well over a year. i can never figure out what i'm doing wrong. i've tried every suggested diet - slim fast (before the reformulation), weight watchers, vegetarian, clean eating, atkins... ugh. nothing has ever worked long term, and i've not been below 247 in almost ten years.

a year and a half ago, dh and i made some changes to our diet. we started eating a lot less meat and started reading a lot more labels. we tried to limit our less health/more processed foods. i'm very cognizant of what i put in my mouth - just not how much of it, i guess. i'm trying to find a balance between healthy choices and processed low cal foods and life.

as of this morning i'm at 277lbs. i'm 34 years old, 5'7", and have a pretty sedentary lifestyle. i think i set my goal weight at 160. i remember when i weighed 160 and i was comfortable there. a couple of years ago when i spoke about this with my doctor, he said he would NOT want me under 150 based on my body structure. i recently got a fitbit zip and am trying to get my steps up to 10000 a day - i hit 5800 the other day. my additional struggle is that i have rheumatoid arthritis and my hips, ankles, heels, and feet are very, very affected. i hit 5800 steps by taking a walk after work on tuesday and my hips are still extra painful from it.

since thursday is truth day here and i identified with what Brenda_1129 said, bone of my fears is that i will again get caught up in the numbers. my therapist and i discussed my disordered eating patterns and obsessive habits and he agrees. this week i've been working on mindfulness and paying attention to each layer of flavor, identifying each ingredient. i set my mfp profile to lose 2lbs a week, which puts me at 1520 and i will eat over it. i've decided to eat when i'm hungry and am working to identify when i feel satisfied, then i will stop eating. THEN i will log. when i've had higher calorie goals in the past, i've always felt the need to eat up to the goal. if it was bedtime and i had 200 calories left, i'd find a way to eat another 200 calories before going to bed. that's not appropriate.

i put this into practice on monday. monday is always pizza night and i usually eat three slices of pizza, maybe six garlic knots, and then two donuts with my husband (this was not how i ate nightly - this was special monday night dinner). this monday i had a small salad before the pizza came. i had my husband put ONE slice of pizza on my place. i ate it slowly, trying to taste each ingredient. i had four garlic knots. i felt satisfied so i did not ask for another slice of pizza. when he broke out the donuts, i had 2oz of brownie brittle, which satisfied my sweets for the night without 700 calories and a lot of fat.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth- Sorry it's gonna be kind of long. In 2011-2012 I decided after my 4th or 5th starting over to get serious at 260 SW I had worked out and ate way better lost 15lbs at 245lb. I bought a house Oct 2012 moved in with my boyfriend at the time who became very bad for me emotionally and health wise. I gained all loss plus some because I let someone else dictate how my life was going to be instead of them supporting me in changing. Oct 2013 kicked out boyfriend and cut ties went into a depressed mood for a few months. 60 days ago got serious again with SW of 263lb proud to say I weighted in today at 248.6lb I am back on the right track again and very happy. Thanks for all the support for the lovely people in this group who helped me get back on track.

I'm so glad you found your way back. You're doing great, Holly, keep it up!!!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

Just reporting in with my latest update. I had my appointment yesterday with the next doctor in my practice. I loved her. I feel like I really lucked out with such a great group of doctors. My doctor used the Doppler so I was able to hear the heartbeat again. The baby had a nice strong heartbeat in the 150s. She also had all the results to all my blood work. I don't know if I mentioned it before but one of my biggest fears was gestational diabetes. Considering I am obese my doctors ordered the glucose test in the first trimester as well as the 3rd. Typically it's only done in the 3rd. My results came back perfect! I was so relieved. The results of my Maternit21 test also came in. We tested negative for all chromosomal abnormalities. The test also reveals the gender of the baby. Brian couldn't make the appointment so I had my doctor write it down and saved it for later so we could open it together. Of course I didn't make it further than the car when I took out my phone, called him to make sure he wasn't in a meeting then raced to his office. We agreed that we aren't sharing that info though until our anatomy scan, August 29th, which will confirm it. So you all will just have to wait until then!

Nagyca - LOL to the Grammar Nazi. Don't be too hard on yourself. I didn't see anything wrong with your post!

Aimeemarie - True. Once this baby comes I will have a whole lot of catching up to do. LOL

GrammyWhammy (Marsha) - Sorry about the scale reality check. But what is more important that you are back and actively doing something about it! Great job at the Cheese Cake factory. You reminded me of the gift card I received at the end of the year from a student for that place. I have to use it.

trulydivyn725 - It's an eye opening experience when you start tracking and realize how much you were eating. As you will progress you will find you can no longer eat like you used to. At least that is what happened to me. I was amazed at how I learned to stop eating and still have food on my plate!

Teresa - Do you use any plant food on your African violets? I have one made specifically for them and feed them once a month or when I remember. Mine are almost always in bloom. That may be something you could try to see if it makes a difference.

Littleshadow - I love the new profile picture! What a great inspiration.

ebailey - Congrats on the new job. I am so happy for you!

tlh (Tracy) - Sorry about the disorganized move. But I am so happy for you and the family. What a scary story about the driver on the phone. Thank goodness it was only a pole and not a person.

Brenda - Welcome on restarting your journey. I wish you the best of luck.

Newbies - Welcome to each one of you. You have found a great group of people.

mnwalking- I love the friend day. I appreciate you as well.

ForeverDaniel - I just wanted to say I love your profile picture!

Tanya - So sorry to hear you are in a funk. It's not like you to be in a funk like this. I hope you bounce out of it soon. (((hugs)))

Skinny - Can you come over and do my yard? We have some big tears in the lawn thanks to the woodchuck. Also with my lack of energy I have not been doing much work outside. My backyard is a mess and needs desperately to be weeded. It's quite embarrassing considering I am a gardener and have so much pride in my yard. LOL

tunetut - To answer your question regarding exercise routines, when I did mine (Prior to pregnancy) I began alternating cardio with strength training. Once I progressed I increased my workouts (following a program). Depending on the day I would do cardio and one body part for strength training. I never did the same body part two days in a row. There was always at least 1 rest day in between working that muscle group again.

kah (Kelley) - I love thunder storms. There is something about them that I find so relaxing. My poor little Moomers disagrees though. She hides under the bed and won't come out until hours after the storm passed. That's scary that lightening hit the house. I am glad to hear everyone is ok.

Stephgas - I can relate to your story. I wasn't necessarily eating bad food, I was just eating way too much of it. I recommend investing in a digital scale and weigh your meals. This will help you to learn what proper portion sizes really are. Once I started doing that religiously I noticed a huge difference and the weight began to come off much more steadily for me. I am vegetarian and from time to time post recipes on my blog. If you are interested in some yummy meatless meals feel free to add me as a friend.

I am off to tackle some weeds in the gardens. Wish me luck that nausea and fatigue don't do me in today. :wink:
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

mnwalkingqueen- Good for you, way to get back on track.

ebailey-congrats on the promotion!

tlh0407- Yay for getting the house, good luck with the move.

Happy Mutt's Day When : July 31st
    It's Mutt's Day. Mutts deserve their day in the spotlight, as much as a pure breed. If you own a mutt, or you are a mutt (reading this), then you know this day is for you.
    By definition a mutt, sometimes called a "Half-breed", is a dog that is of mixed breed. They come from two to several breeds. Purebred owners, and sometimes the public in general, view them as lesser in many ways. Mutt owners know better. They value the diversity and uniqueness of their mutts. Sure, a mutt doesn't carry the expensive price tag that a purebred with papers has on its head. To the mutt owner, however, the mutt is invaluable. In addition, mutts don't walk around needing to prove anything. You won't see them strutting around any dog shows trying to prove they are the best.
    To all mutts and and mutt owners, we hope you thoroughly enjoy Mutt's Day. Spend the day relaxing and doing all the things you and your dog like to do. Do so with both of your chins held high. For your mutt is worth a million bucks!

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~Thomas Edison

Tom
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I have been trucking along just fine. I am getting around quite a bit better. I still am not walking the dog because I dont think the ankle could hold up to them pulling or any sudden tugging yet.. As long as i listen to the ankle and get off it when it starts to hurt everything seems to be going fine. We are having a stretch of really nice weather here right now and I am hoping to get outside today and do some very needed yard work. The garden over at mom and dads is coming along quite nicely.

mnwalkingqueen you are doing great on putting everything behind you and getting back on track. We all have those times in life.
    grammywhammy welcome back. It is great to see you agian.
    Tom I love todays "day". Every dog I have ever owned has been a mutt and I wouldnt have it any other way. Quite frequently purebreds come with a lot of health issues and in my experience they frankly dont seem to be as smart. To much inbreeding I think.
    tlh I swear your move sounds like almost every one I have ever made. I always start with the best plans and it always seems to go sideways, lol
    Skinny if you are looking for more yard work mine has definitley gotten away from me this last month. I think the hubby would die of shock if he saw it right now.
    Kah I have to say I am jealous of the storm though not the fire. I love storms and thunder and lightening. It is pretty much the only weather thing I would complain about where I live. Thunderstorms are very rare here.

Well everyone the house and yard arent going to clean themselves. Have a great day:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :drinker:
  • ForeverDanielle2013
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Hope you all have a fantastic Day!
    My Thursday Truth-Just last week before getting back on here I ate a whole canister of cream cheese icing :embarassed: ! It made me so sick, but I had a bad day and I went straight to food.

@skinnyjeanzbo- I am getting my assoc degree in HIT, hopefully I will be through i a few short months :bigsmile:

@Trulydivyn725- I completely understand about the photos. I hate pictures and I try to stay out of them as much as possible. when i do see myself in a pic it really hits home and is hard for me to see :sick: . But I am going to start keeping a photo record that way WHEN I DO get to my goal weight I will have something show my progress and to be proud of.

@RobinsEgg- Thanks for the kind words! :flowerforyou:

@JNettie73- Thanks, I have always love them. As a child that was always my room decor :happy:
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Sheep back. 3 days under goal, though if it weren't for exercise (housework) I would have been over by 59 calories.

As good as the 1/2 slice of cheesecake was, I'm not doing that again. I was starving last night and only a couple of servings of Asian slaw kept me from snacking.

Robin, I think you're right. I need more protein and fewer of the naughty carbs. Trying to eat protein with every meal. Seems to make a difference with how I perceive fullness/satisfaction.

Is there anyone who needs volume and protein to feel full? Trying to find the magic combo.

One day at a time. (Sometimes one hour :sad: )

GW>Marsha
  • Brenda_1129
    Brenda_1129 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @Kah - Thanks for the information. With finding the TDEE and reading some stuff, I found that my TDEE - 20% = 1930 and therefore if I stick with that I should be right on track to lose approximately 1 LB a week. If I step up my workouts like I want to then this may change but right now I am going to stick with that. With working out I am still a little concerned about whether or not I should eat back my workout calories but I am trying to not get to caught up so I will stick with not eating them back as of right now unless I really feel that I need to. Thanks again for your advice.
  • Nagyca
    Nagyca Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I've been reading for 30 min now, just to get to the botom page. I'm loving it. It sounds and it reads as a chat in the local coffie shop. i've been smiling most of the time.

Thursday truth - I see myself using my children as an exuse. I'm tired, because I have been runing around with them all afternoon. I know I have been doing the same thing as long as I can remember, but only in the last few months it has become "tiering"....this stopps today. Nothing is different than it was in March!

I'm a pediatric nurse, so mostt of the day I'm running around.
    I have a question. When you fill out all the data at the sign in, you have to put in the job description and the program then calculates the number of calories I'm suppose to intake daly. So are all the steps I take during the day allready calculated in the program or can I use them as exercise? Ugh hopefully you'll understand what I mean.

Number of steps are sometimes over 13000. Like Wednsday when I was at work from 7:00 AM till 7:30 PM and my pedometer showed 14500 steps. AND since I was beat I didn't do my T25. And it's an exuse, but I cudn't keep my eyes open anymoore.

Back to work today at 7:00AM. TIRED!

Thursday secret 2 =) NAGYCA means NAKED in our language :P
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    My July stats...

10 pounds and 6.5 inches (across 5 points of measure) lost! :drinker:
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @Robin and Kah... you are absolutely right... I need a break from the appointments and some time off from physio to refresh. I went today for the last time. I dreaded it all day at work, though when I got there I was fine. But I ultimately decided after speaking with the director again today that I would take the month of August off and start back in September. Since my trainer is leaving in 2 weeks to go back to school for a few years, I was able to pick a new trainer (without guilt, I really like Mike, but I think a change will be good). I was actually excited before leaving knowing what I would be returning to next month, but even more excited that I have a whole month off to do other activities and get back to eating better. I do have a whole routine of exercise for August planned... strength, cardio, and 2 daily challenges. I am finally feeling better about this!

My next hurdle is planning meals again. I am at a loss as to what to make for dinners, mainly, since I was used to making soups and chili and casseroles. Not really summer faire :laugh: I am going to load up on snacks like in the past and try to eat a smaller lunch, then maybe a big salad and smoothie for dinner/desert. I will see how it goes. But I promise I am going to log EVERYTHING.

There are way too many newbies that just jumped in here, but welcome. You've come to a great place. I owe part of my success so far to the people here and the support and advice they give.

@Nettie... so glad to hear things are doing so well with you, is your nausea all day long or just mornings? I had it really bad in that I had to move all my morning classes to the afternoon during grade 11 (yes, I was young :blushing: ) and was really glad it subsided by about the 4th month. I was worried it would last longer as my mother had 4 children and all day sickness right up into the delivery room for all of them!

@tlh... good to hear you're finally moved in, even though not everything came with you in one trip. In a few weeks the house will be organized and you will feel great and can begin to really enjoy the space.

TeraFila... wonderful results!! Woohoo!! :drinker: Keep it up!

Will catch up with more personals later. Enjoy your last day of July everyone!