Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Well I have read all the updates and happy to see the weight losses and NSVs. I will not be doing any personals as I sitting in the hospital with my iphone. My daughter had thrown up once in Friday am and them constantly from overnight Friday thru Saturday. When I got home from church on Sunday, she wasn't able to stand up or lie straight. Took her to ready care and they sent us on to the ER. After an exam, he felt it was appendicitis and the tests confirmed. She had an emergency surgery last night around 9:30. Apparently, it had ruptured and was larger than most adults. She is having a tough day and has had several doses of morphine. Tough to watch. I've had junk food from vending machines last night and cafeteria food today.

Holy cow!! The poor little thing must be miserable. I'll say a little prayer for her and hope she heals quickly with the pain going away even faster. When things like this happen, it puts this little journey way on the back burner that's for sure. Thinking of you guys and strength for all of you.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Checking in. I actually gained weight since starting up again, but I that's not completely usual in this process. So I'm not upset, just slightly annoyed. It's still utter chaos over here as we prepare to travel and try to come up with the final 9,000 dollars we need. My apologies for not doing personals or dropping in as much as I should. I can't wait to be able to focus better on getting some of this weight off.

Girl, with everything on your plate, I would just try to maintain and not worry about losing right now. Thoughts and prayers heading your way for the finances to appear, safety traveling abroad, and the adjustment of adding a new family member. We can't wait to hear all about it and pictures too!

I plan to take lots of pictures, and even let myself be in some of them lol! I HATE having my picture taken, but this is an exception. Thanks for your kind thoughts!
    Well I have read all the updates and happy to see the weight losses and NSVs. I will not be doing any personals as I sitting in the hospital with my iphone. My daughter had thrown up once in Friday am and them constantly from overnight Friday thru Saturday. When I got home from church on Sunday, she wasn't able to stand up or lie straight. Took her to ready care and they sent us on to the ER. After an exam, he felt it was appendicitis and the tests confirmed. She had an emergency surgery last night around 9:30. Apparently, it had ruptured and was larger than most adults. She is having a tough day and has had several doses of morphine. Tough to watch. I've had junk food from vending machines last night and cafeteria food today.

Oh wow! That's terrible. Poor thing. My husband had his appendix out a couple of years ago. It was in a bad way and he's a medical professional and knew what to look for when appendicitis sets in, so we got there pretty early. He was in some serious pain for about two or three weeks, so look for your daughter to have a slow recovery :( Prayers.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! My work laptop is getting rummaged at work, so I'm on a tablet. Just catching up with reading and I will post for real tomorrow.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

Oh,no poor thing! She's in my thoughts and prayers, I hope she is able to rest tonight and gets to come home soon.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    skinny- HOw did the health assessment go? I did get new running shoes, the first pair I brought ended up rubbing against my toes so they went back today. Now I have a pair of New Balance 660. I plan to test them out at the gym tomorrow if I don't go to school.

tlh- sending prayers to your daughter and your family. Hope she recovers quickly.

toots- Good luck and best wishes for your trip.

I managed to get in 2 good walks today. One this afternoon with my niece for almost 3 miles, then tonight I walked 5 miles in 1 hour 35 minutes. It was a nice walk throughout the city. Once we started we just keep going. I am getting good at finding ways to get in exercise without it being strenuous. However I do want to run and swim.
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Barely any Monday left, but thought I'd check in.

August Goals: 11/11 days under goal. (In reality, 14/14 days under)

Today's weigh-in: 1.5 lb. lost. With staying under my daily calorie goal and stepping up my activity, I was hoping for an epic Biggest Loser loss. :noway: Right. I'll just be happy with what I've got.

Toots/Amber: China! Are you going to Guanzhao to pick up your children? So excited for you. BTW, any new books out there for me to read? If so, where to find them? Amazon? Safe journey.

With all the hype about the super moon, I fell asleep and missed it. Oh well, it was probably cloudy here anyway.

Feeling blue about Robin Williams and sorry for his family. A gifted, funny man. I've been a fan from the beginning. Depression is a terrible thing.

G'night all.

GW>Marsha
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Just checking in and catching up on how everyone is doing. :)

We've finally got the moving estimates pinned down, selected a mover, and it's time to get all the packing done. Got the cats to the vet and they are all vaccinated and ready to go. No more bladder infection for the little one, after 8 months, 2 surgeries, more medications than I can count, and a prescription diet, she's finally clear after a month with no meds! So that's great news for right before we move.

Crazy times coming up!

I will be much more active and supportive next month. Promise!
  • nutritionist101
    Options
    I really enjoyed the info. If you are interested I have some info I would like to share.

My sister loss a TON of weight following this step by step guide! Copy and paste the link into your web browser and become amazed like I watched her lose the weight quickly! Here is the link: http://7f59cbxdr634arapjkwkpelx6m.hop.clickbank.net/

"This message contains an affiliate link, I may collect a small amount of money if you are moved to learn more and purchase the program, I have to be honest and I believe you too can lose as much weight as she has by watching this program". :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Brenda_1129
    Brenda_1129 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Tuesday Goals: My goal for this week is to stay focused, keep logging everything I eat and my workout, and the get to the gym 3-4 times this week.

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!
    BRENDA
  • tamm427
    tamm427 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! New to Myfitnesspal but i love it!

My name is Tammy and I live in Virginia
  • coffee300
    Options
    Hi All,

I joined this morning and I really like the list of will do, won't do, try later, its a great idea for me to get to know myself better and be more honest with myself. Thanks for the inspiration :-)

I'm also thinking that I can get really up and down with weighing and results not matching effort, I'm thinking of weighing once every 10 days, anyone else got an answer on this? Thanks in advance.:smile:
  • frances_bacon
    frances_bacon Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I've spent the last four days reading all the posts from the last thread as well as this one, to try to get to know you all, though I realised after two days that I ought to have written some notes as I can't quite remember who's who anymore! You all seem really lovely and I love the way you support each other and take the time to respond to individual problems. I'm sure I'll soon get to know each person a bit better. I feel I am definitely in the right place :)

My goals for this week:

Burn at least 400 calories every day.
    Stay within my calorie limit every day.

Happy Tuesday!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @tlh - Prayers that your daughter has a better day today and recovers quickly.

@coffee300 - I read your user name as Coffee 3:00 since I actually do have a cup of coffee almost every day at 3 pm. There is no right or wrong when it comes to when you weigh yourself. Some people never weigh themselves and go by how their clothes fit or take measurements. I weigh every day. Even the morning after that day where I've eaten everything in sight. For me, it's become important to face that number on the scale every day. Not weighing myself got me to 295 lbs. I need the accountability of a daily weigh in.

August Challenge - At or under daily calorie goal 9/11

Good Days: 9
    Not so Good Days: 1
    Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days: 1
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    This is just a great post to check in to. I am uber impressed with how much weight everyone is losing.
    Yesterday I was below my food calories and am cutting way back on the sugar. As a result I woke up with a tremendous headache. Ouch. When I cut back on sugar it does affect my head for about a week. I just drink a lot of water and move on.
    Goal for the week
    Stay under calorie count give or take 100 calories
    Go to my Silver Sneakers class
    Not eat in secret
    Be kind to myself and remind myself it is a journey not a destination
    Check into and read message board daily; it is inspirational
    Thanks!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goal (and Thursday truth) all wrapped into one:

I just went back and looked at my weight loss progress line since 6/29 and it was completely FLAT. I weighed 182 on 6/29 and this morning, I weigh 182.2. So I guess I'm just going to say "I was on a break" and admit that up until August, I'd been eating at a maintenance level not a weight loss level.

Now it's time to get serious about losing more weight so here is my current goal: 170. It's not many pounds, but I need to get moving in a downward direction and I'm going to focus on making the number on the scale start with a 1 and a 7 ASAP.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @L2T~I have a cup of coffee every afternoon between 2-3 also, energy for my work out! :wink:

@coffee300~Love your screen name (I'm a coffee junkie). :laugh: Like L2T said, everyone needs to find what works for them regarding the scale. I, too, like to weigh myself almost every day. Our weight fluctuates daily, by as much as 5#, so for some it can be a complete let down. For me, it works. More important than the scale is taking measurements regularly (once/month)—I think it’s a better indicator of progress (IMO).

@Fera~Good luck with packing and the move.

@Toots~Your trip to China is fast approaching, I hope you are able to raise the rest of the funds you need. Travel safely! I wouldn’t worry too much about your weight loss right now, just concentrate on bringing those babies home where they belong—you’ll get back to it once things settle down. :wink:

@Marsha(GW)~Hooray on the loss!

@Karen(skinny)~How did your session with the trainer for a fitness assessment go the other day?

@Laurie~Have you received any test results back yet? Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I know you're anxious to return to your active lifestyle.

AFM~No exercise for me yesterday, since I had a meeting after work—it ran long, as I suspected, but very positive. My Tuesday Goals are to eat as close to BMR and TDEE as possible—yesterday I was 88 calories shy. It was closer but still below. :frown: My diary is set for BMR but I’ve reconfigured my TDEE and am cycling calories according to my fitness level that day (i.e. sedentary, lightly active or moderately active), so you may see this fluctuate. I want to see how to this works—I still won’t be eating back any exercise calories but it will keep be above BMR and give me the fuel my body needs (provided I can actually follow thru with eating more :blushing:).

For the longest time I was using the calculators on www.iifym.com but yesterday I ran across some different calculators on www.fat2fittools.com, BMR and TDEE is the same but I found calculators for body fat (more accurate than the scales), goal weight, etc. It was interesting and I think helps to set some realistic goals.

I’m sad about Robin Williams, too. He was one of my faves—he had a history of substance abuse and I heard he was going through a period of depression, pretty deep depression from what they are reporting this morning. :cry:

August Goals:

Calories (at or below): 9/30
    Macros (within 2%): 7/30

Exercise Goals:

Monday~None DONE!
    Tuesday~Trainer
    Wednesday~Cardio
    Thursday~Trainer
    Friday~Sauna
    Saturday~Rest Day
    Sunday~Trainer
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

tlh0407- hope your DD recovery goes well.

Happy Middle Child's Day
    When : Always August 12th
    Middle Child's Day gives a little well deserved recognition to the wonderful and special middle child in the family.
    For parents of three children, you likely know the "Middle Child Syndrome" all too well. If you grew up the middle child with both older and younger siblings, you know the feeling from a very personal perspective.
    The first child is the first child. Beyond a doubt, the first born is a very special occasion. And he, or she, has all of mom and dad for a while before the second child comes along. The final child is and always will be the baby of the family.
    This author knows what its like to be a middle child. We won't go into a dissertation about what Middle Child Syndrome is. Rather, we will focus upon one aspect. Older and younger children tend to be more outgoing, or extroverted. The middle Child tends to be more introverted, quieter, perhaps a bit of a loner.
    It is very fair and fitting that we celebrate, and place into the limelight, the middle child today. Go out and enjoy this day to the fullest. Tell the world about it. Be a little outspoken, and let the world know how great it is to be the middle child. You truly are a wonderful, talented, and special person!
    Happy Middle Child's Day to all of my fellow middle children!

“Whenever you do a thing, act as if all the world were watching.” ~Thomas Jefferson

Tom
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    @Tom, those cherry bombs look incredible!!! :heart: I can only imagine how tasty those would be. What if I don’t have a smoker or a grill? What would you recommend?

@Kris, good job on the weight loss!!:drinker:

@tootsanderson, you have a lot going on so don’t be hard on yourself at all. Good luck with the raising of the money you need!! We have a couple at church who are working towards adopting a child from China. You will be in my prayers that all goes well. :flowerforyou:

@tlh0407, so sorry to hear about your daughter’s appendicitis! There is nothing worse for a mom than watching our kids suffer. I pray she recovers quickly. :smile:

@FeraFilia, good luck with your move and I do hope your kitty will start feeling better. :flowerforyou:

@Tammy and coffee300, welcome to the group! I look forward to getting to know you both.:flowerforyou:

@Frances, this is a great group. I haven’t been here very long and everyone has really made me feel like I belong. I know it will be the same for you. :smile:

@Lives2Travel, sometimes we need to take a break. But you are focused and on track and I wish you all the best. You can do it!! :bigsmile:

@Kah, trying to figure out calories sure can be daunting. Right now I’m just letting Fitbit do the thinking for me and so far so good. It sure has taught me that I have to get in enough exercise or I will be hungry or eat over my calorie allowance. Good luck on your plan!:smile:

AFM, I am also very sad about Robin Williams. So many of us have grown up with him from his Mork and Mindy days to the years he hosted Comic Relief and all the many wonderful movies he has performed in. Depression and drug abuse is such a terrible, terrible thing. It runs strong in my family and last year my own father took his life at the age of 70. For some people they just can’t get the help needed to overcome the darkness that lives within them. :brokenheart:

My goals for the week are to stay on track!! So far this month I’m 7 days under calories and 4 days over. Now I’m off to work out and feel the burn.

Have a great day! :happy:
  • KrisN30
    KrisN30 Posts: 19
    Options
    I don't even know what day it is lol much less goals i want to work on. I'm still working on that. I do want to eat healthier and somehow lose the weight I've gained from my time in school. Can't wait to feel good about myself and be able to get myself out of the house confidently and fit enough to walk and enjoy it again. And personally, I want to meet new people. So i can work on that anytime now. :)
  • KrisN30
    KrisN30 Posts: 19
    Options

AFM, I am also very sad about Robin Williams. So many of us have grown up with him from his Mork and Mindy days to the years he hosted Comic Relief and all the many wonderful movies he has performed in. Depression and drug abuse is such a terrible, terrible thing. It runs strong in my family and last year my own father took his life at the age of 70. For some people they just can’t get the help needed to overcome the darkness that lives within them. :brokenheart:

I was sad too. That news ruined my day. I understand what it's like it runs in my family too. I told myself I wouldn't do drugs or alcohol but that's stuff just controls them, not the other way around.