Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Well, nothing went quite as planned with my choices for our anniversary dinner, but it sure was yummy! I figure the meal was about 1200 calories from beginning to end, not counting the appetizer the waiter dropped in my lap. :grumble: Good thing I did some water jogging/exercise today as insurance. Thanks for your good wishes Brenda, Karen and all.

I must say I saw more Tridents, Jags and Porsches in one place than I've EVER seen before. My minivan looked really out of place, but I bet I was more comfortable in my captains seat than the drivers of those vehicles were. :laugh:

To the newbies and "restarts," if I can start over and a find modest success, you certainly can. Welcome. Hope starts here.
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Just checking after a LONG 12 hour day at work. I did sell a little something so it wasn't a complete bust. We have our college students flocking back into town so we look really busy but mostly they want things a whole lot cheaper than we sale. Good news is that I logged almost 9000 steps today and was under my calorie goal. :drinker:

@Kris, being positive is key to losing weight! I have to struggle with it every single day.

@ Brenda, good on you for going to the gym and for logging your calories. It does show you what your doing. Today I had 3 mini donuts and because I logged I didn't have 6...or 9! :tongue:

@ frances_bacon, it is not to late to join this awesome group! Welcome and please post often so we can get to know you. I joined July 1st and posting as often as I can, logging food every day, and being mindful of my successes is really working. You can do it and we are here to support you!! :flowerforyou:

@ Nagyca, it is so wonderful that you are noticing difference in your body. I noticed that work pants aren't such a struggle to pull over my hips and I celebrated. Good for us!! :happy:

@ Lori, welcome to the group. You have a good plan and you can do this!! Keep posting! :flowerforyou:
  • KrisN30
    KrisN30 Posts: 19
    Options
    Great job getting steps in Teresa! I'm still trying to learn how to eat under my calories..I always go over somehow.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I should get the test results on Monday and I can't wait. I am trying to be patient but oh my patience is being tested especially with PMS playing into this as well since I am overly sensitive right now. My body is in a heighten state of activity so I am feeling every little thing and thinking the worst. It needs to stop but it won't until I get the results. Tomorrow, I will be bike riding and I am looking forward to the ride.

Susan-Thanks for you belief in me that I will not go backwards. Right now I am fighting against the restrictions and eating less which is working.

Robin- I realize there are 2 different types of heart murmurs and thanks for the advice and support.

Skinny- Enjoy the appointment with your trainer. They can be a great support and make workout interesting. Funny about the underwear.

Grammy- Happy Anniversary.

Kah- the weight will come off again just hang tight. We also have tax free week here this week so I am looking forward to shopping.

Success- I did walk today twice. The second walk was at a park after a concert. It turns out that a neighbor joined the meet up group I belong too and we just met tonight. I climbed last night and it felt so good and yes I took it easy.
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Robing I am going to roll the thread over. We are getting close to the end and I am not sure if you are on-line right now. If you are let me know.

We have 5 more posts left in this thread so follow to the next chapter.

Great reference to the book The Good, Bad, Horrible, No Good Rotten Day-- It summed my week up perfectly.
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE Note and be ready................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread – it happens that every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread just like this one – therefore you will see at the bottom of the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One. Robinsegg

• Lauriek70
    Options

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE Note and be ready................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread – it happens that every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread just like this one – therefore you will see at the bottom of the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One. Robinsegg

• Lauriek70
    Options

• Lauriek70
    Options

• Lauriek70
    Options

• Lauriek70
    Options
    Newbies, Welcome to our Thread! You can join us just by posting your comment at the end of this thread. Feel free to say what you what. We have some guidelines below and some suggestions for monthly challenges but it’s not mandatory and you can jump into the challenge at any point in the month.

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any goals you want to share with us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to ‘fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

Monthly Challenge: August Challenge-
    Stay within your calorie goal for so many days- this month. You may set a within a certain range for calories 100-200 over or under.
    Option 2: Track on the macros and work on meeting that goal.

Good Newbie Advice On Getting Started:
    From our member, Lives To Travel:

Make a list of what you will and will not do to get to your goal.
    I did this when I first started. I had 3 columns: WILL DO, WILL NOT DO and WILL TRY LATER.

I was brutally honest with myself when I made this list. Cooking from scratch or following a specific diet plan that meant I had to cook was firmly in the WILL NOT column. Also in that column was "Quit eating out." After cooking for a family for 30+ years, I am over it and knew I would need to rely on prepared foods for dinners.
    The WILL column contained things like "staying within a daily calorie goal".
    Exercise was in the LATER column.
    Based on this list, I came up with an eating plan that I felt would be sustainable for me.
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My Saturday success is that I went on not only a double bike ride this morning but also made it out for a second bike ride later with the kids. Trying to make up for my poor food choices yesterday.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    A BIG THANKS :heart: to LAURIE for doing the roll-over! I was typing a long response and entirely missed it!.ummm, and there went that post! nothing much of importance!

Here's a clarification of the AUGUST MONTH"S CHALLENGE! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

August CHALLENGE:
    WATCH YOUR CALORIES MONTH! Goal is to Track Your Calories…. i.e. Track the Number of Days you are under your Calorie Goal. (if you’re within 100 cal. you’re within your goal , if you don’t want to do that, INSTEAD your OPTION IS TO TRACK a particular food source) i.e, if you choose, personalize the Challenge by counting your macros or watching a particular item such as protein, salt, or sugars/carbs intake for the month. Your choice really - its about Intake and Nutrition this month. Keep your own records and post every week.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Still around, stalking you guys and keeping up on what ya'all are up to.

Bump and here's a cute for the day. My little Neelix on his 4 month birthday! 14677525138_866649854e.jpg
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm exhausted. Friday I received a phone call from my sister that her fiance's transfer had come through and he needed to move the next day from about 1 1/2 hours away. She needed my van since I have a hitch and was wondering if she could borrow it. I offered my services and boy am I tired. I also had the birthday cake due so instead of breaking it into a two day job, I got it all done in a 4 hour window. I think it turned out great and I even got an extra $10 for it they were so happy. Her cousin has already said she wants me to make a cake for her birthday in April.

So with about 10 minutes to spare, I loaded in the van with Kristen and stopped at Walmart to pick out new glasses. Got those ordered and we headed out of town with a trailer in tow. Stayed up way too late Friday night packing some of his things and only got about 5 hours of sleep (on a leather sofa -- let's be honest those 5 hours were not fitful!). Got up and started loading all this things. He would have sworn we'd never get it all, but we girls had a "can do" attitude and a lot of practice. We still had his entire front seat and half his trunk if he had more stuff. We got back to Bismarck around 5:15. Luckily, Jacob and Michael met us at her house to unload. Emma was sick and came running for her "mommy" when I pulled up. She and i did some cuddling. Poor little girl had been throwing up all night and day.

Got home and started to make supper (spaghetti and garlic bread). My darn oven wouldn't stay on. Jacob had the same problem the day before but I didn't believe him since he's 13. Well, I found the pots and pans on Tuesday and the dumb oven quit working on Friday. Seems about right for my luck. Guess we're shopping for new ovens (it is a VERY old stove that we knew wouldn't live forever, but we thought more than 3 days...worked during the inspection). I think I'm going to pay a bit more and actually get one of those stand alone double ovens. Michael even said to go for it since he thinks my "cake business" is going to take off. HA!

Here's the cake...

12212_10152635169944493_4941910083643063845_n1_zps744d169b.jpg
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Still following along!

My Saturday Success is I managed to log a loss yesterday, after the week I had.

When I left for my trip I was 297.4 on Friday. We got home on Monday. On Tuesday... I was 300.8! Holy water retention.... Then like a genius, we went out to dinner, and I had a plate full of salty Mexican food for dinner. Wednesday, in spite of my sodium heavy dinner (and, let's be honest, some booze), I was at 299.0. Thursday was 297.4. And Friday was 296.2. So I got to log a 1.2 loss for the week. WOOHOO! Then this morning, because I couldn't resist... I stepped on and it was 295.6. That's 5.2 pounds in 5 days. WHOOSH away goes the water! (I didn't do anything drastic food-wise either. I ate like normal.)

It showed me that I can balance having fun and hitting my goals, even when I can't log my food. I'm pretty proud of that. :)

Edit to add: tlh - That cake is adorable! :)
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Its getting late, and I am exhausted, but I wanted to take a minute to check in. The wedding was fun. I will post a couple of pictures tomorrow. I gave myself a free pass for today. I ate sensibly, but had no chance for a walk.
    Congratulations on great goals, and great losses I saw today.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: It’s been a good week. As most of you know, I’ve been struggling with my work/life balance and my eating/exercise has suffered. I knew I had to get back to the basics of logging food daily, checking in with this group and getting in some exercise too. I’m glad to be back that’s for sure and the scale was a positive. Unfortunately, I’ve got a major blister on my left foot from the exercise this week, but no pain, no gain – right??!! I’m so excited for week 2. Baby steps.

August Challenge
    1) Logging – 10 days in a row!
    2) Food – Under calories 10/10
    3) Exercise – At least 5 times per week – done!
    4) Protein – 100 grams per day – 132 today – Woo Hoo!
    5) Water – Need to continue working on this challenge

@ Skinny/Karen – Thanks for the article. I’m with you on #7. I definitely do not get enough sleep. For me, I don’t agree with #6. I really have to stay away from the scale. Those daily fluctuations get me so worked up. This past week I weighed in on Friday morning and that was it. I’m going to try a different mindset and not get so worked up about what the scale reads, but keep calories under goal, log every day and get in 5 work outs.

@ebailey710 – I’m glad you’re enjoying the new job. I know it’s tough when co-workers are out of the office and you have to pick up the slack. Did you get the new running shoes?

@ Tanya – I have a noise sensitivity as well. I was about to lose it this morning. I was on the treadmill at the gym and yes, I forgot my headphones, but this idiot was trying to run and wouldn’t stop shuffling his feet. He was 10 treadmills away from me and in a different row, but the only thing I heard was his feet. Even with the overhead radio I just heard his stupid feet. Tonight I was at church, yes even in church, and these two chatty women would not stop. Are you kidding me??!!

@ GrammyWhammy – Enjoy your anniversary dinner! There’s nothing wrong with it whatsoever. We will always have various celebrations and it’s all about moderation. You’ve been having a great month and a “little” treat is OK. I saw your later post “app in your lap” – oh my!!

@ RobinsEgg/Ellen – Have you never had kiwi? There one of my favorite fruits, but I don’t buy them too often and I’m not sure why.

@ Kateirving – I think I may have the same one as Tanya. Mine is a WW scale and it’s blue. I haven’t had any issues at all and it’s at least a year old.

@ Kah68/Kelly – I forgot you had another cruise coming up. So jealous??!!! Any luck on the clothes shopping?
    @ Laurie – I’m so glad you climbed last night. Hopefully, this is keeping your spirits up. Hang in there!!

@ MowMow/Kris – Neelix is a cutie!! Glad you’re stalking us and posting once in a while. Thinking of you!!

@ Tlh0407 – You’re a good sister. Here you just are getting your own home unpacked and you help your family pack too. I bet your exhausted. Sorry about the oven. I know how frustrating that can be especially just moving into the house. The cake turned out great – nice job!!
  • Nagyca
    Nagyca Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

It's 8:30 AM here and my kids ar up and running since 5Am. I would like to drink whatever they are drinking... My scale is showing little progress, but my body is fitter :) Loving it!

10/10 for days under the calorie goal
    Didn't do all the workouts I had planned

Teresa_3266 - Yes my work uniform fits better too:) So YES small victories! Thx !

GrammyWhammy - haha I feel you. We wen't out last week and I think that ours was the only car who had car seats in thme ;) But I have enoug space to cuddle ;) Happy Anniversary.

susan2396 - like I said baby steps and small victories! I hate blisters :/