Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    I continue to be impressed with all the weight that has been lost by all of you really dedicated dieters......maybe we need a better word than dieters....LOL. Great work being done here and I am inspired to choose the better choice.
    This is my first week back, or should I say my first of many weeks of starting to eat right, with no sneaking food. I have been concentrating on just what I am eating each day to stay under calorie or in calorie count area. My only exercise has been walking when out running errands and climbing stair everyday at my house. So more walking for the weekend.
    I am also looking forward to weighing myself on Monday. In the past I weigh every day and drive myself nuts, because my weight loss pattern is lose, go two weeks at plateau, then drop lbs again. Trying to keep weight loss stress out of my life by not jumping on the scale every day and believing that it is my god. I want not to be controlled by it but rather be controlled if that is a good word, by my extablishing correct eating habits that will lead to losing fat and building energy.
    Am visitng friends for the weekend and we are walking thru The Parade of Homes for fun as exercise. On Sunday I go for an hour walk while shes goes for her run. She cooks legal all of the time. A great place to visit. We are BFFs, went to college together and have remained close throughout our lives. Going on 45 years now. So that is my plan for exercise for the next week, plus staying true to my food program.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @soosun~No, we don't use the word "diet" here as it refers to weight loss. Diet is just what you eat, so the word "dieting" just doesn't make sense (to me anyway). This is a lifestyle change, some of us refer to it as a "journey." :wink: Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned, enjoy!
    @Karen~After I saw your post about a weight calculator that took frame size into account, I found this: http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/ideal-body-weight-3146-143.html It’s not a BMI calculator, but gives you a healthy weight range for your body type—for me it’s in line with what my doctor would like me to weigh.

@kah - That's a useful calculator. I was surprised to find that based on the test of wrapping your fingers around your wrist I'm considered to have a small frame. Of course, I also have ridiculously long fingers (same length as my 6'2" hubby) so perhaps that test is not completely accurate for me.

According to the calculator:

Your ideal weight range-- 144 - 158.4 lbs. (65.5 - 72 kg.). --is based on a formula that calculates what a healthy weight is for most people of your height (68 inches) and frame size (Small). You are overweight by 23.6 lbs.

If I select medium frame, I'm said to be only "marginally" overweight by 12.6 lbs. Woo Hoo!

LOL. I'm sure there is a marginal error rate--maybe go by medium frame. Either way, you are almost there! :bigsmile:
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Top of the morning to everyone.

Skinny Karen- Here are links to some calculators with body type:

http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/ideal-body-weight-3146-143.html

http://www.webcalcsolutions.com/Health-Calculators/Full-Body-Analysis.asp?AcctNum=3

http://www.webmd.com/diet/body-calculator

http://www.superskinnyme.com/ideal_weight_calculator.html

Lives2Travel- try the wrist measurement for your frame size.

Happy NATIONAL RELAXATION DAY
    August 15 annually celebrates a day that is looked forward to by many people across the country, it is National Relaxation Day. This day is set aside to slow down, unwind and relax!
    National Relaxation Day is an important day as we all need a break from the fast paced and often times hectic lifestyles that we live. There are always schedules that we have to follow and appointments, meetings, errands, chores and etc. that keep us busy every day. The often “too busy” days can become stressful.
    It has been proven that stress can be harmful to our health, both mental and physical. Most doctors will agree that finding ways to relax and making time for relaxation may reduce some of the stress-related health risks.
    What is your favorite relaxation activity?
    • Reading a book
    • Fishing with a friend
    • A picnic in the park
    • Walking along the beach
    • Taking a drive in the country
    • Spa
    • Golfing
    • Photography
    • A movie
    • Window shopping
    • Lunch with friends
    • Drinks with friends
    • Watching sports
    • Swimming
    These are just a few of the many possible relaxation ideas that you may want to use to celebrate today’s holiday.
    We are aware that not everyone is able to get this holiday off from work, so while you are at your job, do what you can to avoid stress and do not work late today. When you get off of work, take a deep breath, unwind, relax and begin your National Relaxation Day celebration!

“You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change.” ~Les Brown

Tom
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    GRR...just had all my personals done and my computer restarted (twice) Thinking of you all but not wanting to type it all again. :tongue:

Thanks for the wishes for Emma. She's doing great -- it's amazing how quickly kids rebound after they turn the corner. She had to be reminded not to lift heavy things (just moving a propane tank by herself) or run so she doesn't re-injure the puncture sites.

Friday Fitness: Continue to be busy with moving (4 days at the hospital when nothing got done). Tomorrow we meet with the trainer at a park. We will do the workout at least 2 more times this week. I plan on walking at lunch time 4-5 days this week.

My calories -- I've over by 371 calories, so need to buckle down and get it back on track.

Last night I tried to buy my appliances and they refused me. If I waited until today I will save an additional 10% -- great salesman!! Michael and I've talked long and hard about minimum cost vs what we really want and have decided to go with what we want (within reason -- they had a really kick @$$ refrigerator but not getting it due to the $6000 price tag -- holy cow!!!) We will be buying 4 appliances at a time so we'll get the "suite" discount that ultimately saves us about $3000 over base cost if we paid for them at separate times. Not looking forward to the paymnets, but it is 18 months interest free.

Hope you all havea great day!!
  • ddas66
    ddas66 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Friday - Fitness
    Walking to get fit. Walked 5.9 miles today.
    Going to the store to get more yogurt and apples for the weekend.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Toots - to add to all the warnings and advice - make several copies of your passports and Driver's Licences and other important I.D.'s - leave a copy behind with a contact person. Leave a copy in lock box at Embassy or bank while in China, etc etc.

AFM - have been washing dishes by hand until I find that special tool... darn. i Am Pages and Pages behind on here. My bad. I am just so very emotionally tired - II think a lot of you understand depression - after such a long time dealing with my health I guess I had sunk into a bad depression but now I have what I needed - I've planned a nice vacation and stopped pressuring myself to get a job. Finances have stabilized. Vacation - leaving with my gentleman friend on Sept. 7 for Flagstaff AZ - will spend 4 -5 days in general area - seeing Grand Canyon and Sedona's Red Rocks. Will rent car, stay at cheap motel, (Lucky we could find something cheap in that area!) Back around Sept. 16 ,,,,,,

Will catch up more tonight,
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: This week has been OK. I finally got back in the pool and did a solid 45 minutes of laps, which felt really good. I walked a few days on the treadmill. I plan to hit the gym tonight and tomorrow too. Temps will be in the low 100’s this weekend so I think I’ll do inside exercising instead of outside plus a LOT of relaxation in my pool.

Overall, I’m pleased with week 2. I did gain 2 lbs, which ticked me off, but again I’m not going to let the scale dictate my feelings this time. I’m only weighing in on Friday’s. I wouldn’t have done anything differently. I was under goal every day and exercised. I’m doing what I’m supposed too and pushing through to week 3. No worries!! Of course, works been a little tough this week so I missed checking in with you guys the past few days so checking in now and catching up. Lots of personals.

@ Moodyfeesh14, BettJo64, Nibrociii, SephoraJunkie, Itstearsinrai, Ddas66, Hasjejc – Lots of new faces so welcome and good luck on your journey! If you can, check in with this group daily. They’re awesome! We can be a chatty bunch throughout the week and the weekends slow down, but they’ll give you the support if you want it.

@ Brenda_1129 – Baby steps!! You’ve had to overcome a lot especially after surgery. You’ll be back to your pre-surgery time. I use to love water aerobics. Years ago I was actually a lifeguard and taught water aerobics. It’s a great work out!!

@ RobinsEgg – Yikes on the dishwasher!!!! I know we’ve been single ladies for a long time (you more than me), but don’t you wish some days we just had someone to do this crappy stuff for us. Also, saw your note about vacation, Sedona? I love it there!! You’re not too far from Viva Las Vegas. LOL!!!

@ GrammyWhammy – I saw your note about your Nook charging. I was so livid with Barnes & Noble. I had a Nook too. It worked awesome for 2 years then it just stopped. After going back and forth with them, they determined it was the battery. Of course, the battery could not be replaced so I would have to buy a whole new one. I was NOT happy so I just bought a Kindle. I was so addicted to that thing and couldn’t believe I couldn’t change out a battery. Grrrr!!

@ GramdmaKaye – Oh no!! I’m just glad you guys were OK, but car issues just stink. Sorry this happened to you, but glad you've had a good visit with your family.

@ Skinny/Karen – We’re just 43 days away. Woo Hoo!! My departure flight got pushed back a few hours so now I don’t leave until 5 on Tuesday. I just look at that as more walking time for me. It will be great to see you again and seeing Laurie again in person too. Super excited! Grapefruit Martinis – yum! As for your training, give me a break! What a waste of your time. I would be a tad bit frustrated too. Heck, 3-year olds can maneuver an iPad these days. Hello??!!! Also, sorry to read about Gunnar and what you had to experience. I totally agree with you. Also, these irresponsible pet owners that don’t pick up their poop. Hello??!! I do not want your dog crap in my yard. Kids play in the front yard and we don’t want that. Pick it up!!! I always have my ferocious Izzy on a leash. While she may only be 12 lbs and a little Bichon/Poodle, this crazy dog must have “little” dog syndrome because she would charge right after Gunnar if she had her choice. Now it’s too sniff, play, etc. . . but she goes full force. Plus, God forbid you’re riding a bike or scooter she’ll go after you in a heartbeat. She’s the sweetest thing, but I know her limitations too. Be responsible pet owners!!

@ Tootsanderson – No apologies necessary and keep sharing!! This is such an important part of your life now and for your family’s future. We care and can’t wait to follow your adoption adventure.

@ L2T – I think we’re both on the same page in many ways. Like you said, I’ve been so focused on Cyrus and making sure his life is on track. What about my life? I try to be a “little” selfish with facials, pedicures, etc. . . but I need to do it with my time and balance other things too. I do need that constant reminder. I know I’ve only got 5 years or so before he heads off to college so I’m trying to soak up those years. Regarding a visit, Charlotte always reminded me of a mini Atlanta. I love Charlotte plus it has one of my favorite NASCAR tracks. I’ve got friends who just moved from Vegas to Charleston, SC. I’m really going to miss them. They were awesome! I love NC and have friends all over primarily in the High Point/Winston Salem area and Raleigh, but have some good friends in Charlotte too. They had a condo out on the lake (can’t remember the name), but it was beautiful. Love it out there. A visit there wouldn’t be out of the question that’s for sure. Also, I just saw Skinny/Karen’s post about a race and I would be game.

@ Kah68/Kelly – Sorry to hear your vertigo acted up. It can be pretty scary. I’ve never experienced it, but my BF had her first experience with it and it was so scary to hear her symptoms. She was out of work for almost a week. This was her first time and it was just awful. How long have you battled with it?

@ Jtconst – Sorry about the ups and downs lately. Lord knows I’ve battled them that’s for sure. This month is two years for me too, but really this past year has been losing and gaining the same 20-25 lbs. I really want to get over this roller coaster and lose the 25 lbs then keep going. We both have to keep pushing through. I know we will, but have to bull doze through this period that’s for sure.

@ ebailey – You made me smile about your first big girl check, which was so long ago for me. It does feel good when you hit that first milestone. With any job and I’m feeling it now even after being in the work force over 25 years, the work/life balance is so important and I still struggle with it. I had to chuckle about you losing 2 lbs without trying. Well, I did try and gained those 2 lbs. Grrrrr!!!!

@ Teresa_3266 – I hate the whole phone process. I truly liked my Blackerry, but had to move to the iPhone for work and I’m not carrying around two phones. I still don’t use it for half the stuff it can do for me. Plus, to have those bells and whistles, it cost a fortune!!! I saw your post about losing/gaining. I’ve been there twice I’m afraid. With WW, I lost 75 lbs once and 80 lbs a second time. I never reached goal though. I’m determined to move past those numbers and keep going. It will be a slow pace, but I’m going to keep pushing along.

@ Kateirving – Hugs!!! I’ve been there and still struggling with many of the same things you noted, but I think you’re being too hard on yourself. You need to take baby steps. You’ve got a lot of things going on and perhaps taking on too much at one time. Perhaps focus on two things for the next few weeks and then add something the 3rd or 4th week. Again, with the pending move and that’s major for you, I would not be so hard on the weight loss, BUT with that said don’t sit and eat a half loaf of bread either. LOL!!!

@ Laurie – LOVED your post!! Congrats on the 2 lbs and getting out of obese!!!

For anyone who doesn’t know Laurie or getting to know her, she’s been such an inspiration to me (and others of course). Laurie has been at this lifestyle now for about 4 years (correct me if I’m wrong). She gets it. Sure, like all of us, she would love for the weight to just drop off overnight, but that’s not going to happen. She’s been diligent (for the most part) by eating less and moving more. She’s had plateaus that have lasted MONTHS just like Skinny/Karen, Kah68, L2T, Morgori, etc. . . but they all just keep pushing through. There are so many people in this group that I’m so thankful I’ve had the opportunity to get to know, but more importantly call a friend. It’s because of them I keep trying to push through. I may be at a snail’s pace, but I believe I’ll get there one day because of these beautiful women!!! (and guys like Tom). LOL!!!

@ Soonsun – Congrats on taking control of your finances! It’s a huge battle that most people fight. The past 5 years have been brutal for so many families with the recession. Unfortunately, many of these people have lived outside of their means for years or bought houses they probably should have never been qualified to buy. I’ve had my shares of ups and downs that’s for sure especially after my divorce in 2004. I pretty much hit rock bottom and it took years to crawl out, but I’m somewhat financially stable as a single parent and extremely thankful for everything I’ve accomplished. Also, try not to think about your eating as a diet. This is just a temporary word. The changes you make with your eating, exercise, etc. . . need to be a lifestyle change and not temporary. Diets will always come and go. We need to make these changes permanently.

@ Tlh0407 – I’m so glad Emma is home and healing. I know she gave you guys quite a scare, but glad she’s OK. Luckily, no more vending machines for you. It will be good to get back on track with regular eating and your exercise too. I’ll back off on the Mello Yello. LOL!!

@ BettJo64 – I wanted to give you a little shout out. I was about 3 pages behind on personals, but I noticed you posting again. We get a LOT of newbies, which is great but you also see the majority fall off too. It’s great to see you posting. Keep it up and I look forward to getting to know you.

@ Morgori/Tom – Serious? National Relaxation Day. I may take that to heart and have too much I want to accomplish tonight. I’m moving that day to tomorrow. LOL!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Fitness Friday - WdO with the trainer today. Weigh in same as last week. No melt down, I am still below what I was 4 weeks ago. I had planned 520 minutes of exercise over the last 7 days and did more than that!!!!!!

I added a new "later" to my list: I plan to do a Sprint Triathalon in June. 3/4 mile swim, 13 mile bike, 5K.

Thanks for all your posts, I get so much motivation from this group.
    Lori, Wisconsin:flowerforyou:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    cblue/Lori- Did you know there are such things as Super Sprint Triathlons? I found out about those this year it includes a 300-400 yd swim, 5-14 mile bike and a 1-3 mile run. The numbers vary based on the event but it is cool and a great way to start. I may actually look into this for next year. There are also indoor triathlons that include swimming, biking and running- I have done that and love it.

Susan-Thank you.

Robin- Whoo-hoo for planning a vacation and it sounds so fun.

Tom-I love National Relaxation day- spent the afternoon just chilling before climbing tonight. Thanks for the calculators they were very useful.

I took a friend climbing tonight and she realized that it is hard work. Now, she has a new goal for her workouts- upper body strength training.

Susan, commented that I have been on this journey for 4 years and she is right. During this time I have experienced many ups and down. It has taken a while to learn a few things that have really been helping to finally get me over the hump of not really losing weight expect the same 5-10 lbs that would continuously change. Then finally this past week, I saw the scale drop again and it continued to do so so I need to think that it was my increased level of activity over the past 2 months that finally made a difference. A life style change will get you started, progress helps with motivation to keep going, increasing your level of activity is important, it can be done, change takes time, we learn from our mistakes and still move forward, stick with a plan and realize that change will come in time and once again increase your level of movement. I am still working towards my goal somewhere between 143-163 but I will get there when the time is right.

Fitness: It can be as easy as going for a walk during the day, even 10 minutes three times a day is beneficial. Start slow and find something you love. For me, climbing is my love and something that I won't give up easily. Tonight's climbs were great and I did challenge myself by climbing higher (10.a and b) levels than I normally do which was great. There was no holding back tonight so it was even better. Tomorrow I plan to swim and maybe bike it just depends on how my morning goes.

Have a great weekend.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--sounds like a great climb! :drinker: And thanks for the links to those articles.

@lori--awesome job exceeding your planned exercise minutes. :flowerforyou:

@susan--my flight leaves JFK at 4:15 pm, so I will be walking around with you. :smile: Gunner would probably love Izzy--he gets along with most little dogs b/c he doesn't feel any need to exert his dominance with them even when they are "pushy." He has a little yorkie friend who jumps up and nips his nose--gunner just looks up at me like "really?" but he never bites back. :laugh:

@robin--sounds like a great trip to look forward to! :flowerforyou:

@ddas--awesome mileage today! :drinker:

@tracy (tlh)--sounds like you got a good deal on the appliances, and now you don't have to worry about any of them breaking. <knocks on wood so as not to jinx you>

@tom--thanks for the links! :happy:

@soosun--have a great weekend visiting with your college friend. :flowerforyou:

@L2T--right before I read your post about your "ridiculously long fingers" I used the calculator. According to the test I have a large frame, but thought "well, I have ridiculously short fingers, so I should probably go with the medium frame." :laugh: Too funny.

@holly (mnwalking)--I will also be on here less once school starts in 2 weeks. Will still log and try to read posts every day. However, I will probably not be able to post a lot of personals during the work week. :ohwell:

@kelley (kah)--yeah, sometimes people with nice dogs don't realize that the dog on the leash they run up to to greet may not be as nice. If I use the "medium build" on the calculator you shared, my healthy weight is 148-162--very much in line with what my doc suggests. :smile:

@bettjo--I may have missed it in an earlier post, but do you know when you will have the lapband removed?

@tammy (jtconst)--sorry you are missing the hubs, but sounds like you are planning a nice trip.

Friday Fitness:
    Well I started lifting lighter weights at higher reps this week and boy am I sore, but it's a good kind of sore that lets me know the switch in routine was a good choice. Wed. I did bench press, deadlifts, biceps, and squats, and it hurt to move all day Thursday. Today, I was still pretty sore, but went and lifted again but did upright row, chest press, triceps, and squats. Every minute of it was painful, but I feel much better tonight. I also did an easy walk/run on the treadmill and made sure to stretch really well afterwards. I keep forgetting to go buy a foam roller, but will get to it next week.

Thanks for the support regarding gunner. His wounds look much better today with no signs of infection. No walk for him today as I'm concerned one of his friend dogs will want to start nosing arond his wounds and provoke him. Tomorrow we may go for a short walk, but steering clear of the house where the fight happened, that's for sure!

Today, I went to a wake for a friend's mother. It was about an hour away, and when my friends and I were leaving the funeral home we realized it was smack dab in the middle of rush-hour. Instead of sitting in traffic, we decided to grab dinner before heading home. I had a pulled pork sandwich but only ate a few of the fries. I logged as best I could, and when I entered the last item, my diary was perfectly at my goal of 1780 calories. :noway:

Tomorrow I will go to a festival by my parents' in chicago. Very excited to see a lot of childhood friends. There will also be a Red Hot Chili Peppers cover band in the early evening. RHCP is one of my favorite bands, so I'm looking forward to that. I should also get to spend some time at the kids play area with my niece either tomorrow afternoon or on Sunday.

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + trainer DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE
    Fri--walk gunner NO WALK WHILE HE HEALS + gym DONE
    Sat--walk gunner
    Sun--walk gunner

August Challenge:
    Cumulative calorie surplus (shortage) = -141
    100g of protein = 5/31 days
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: Friday afternoons, after I'm done with volunteering in the city, I get my 30 minutes of cardio in, then meet with my trainer for weight training and core strengthening exercises. She has lots of experience with "geriatric" types like me and people with injuries (my knees, feet...heck, all of me!). I've worked with her 2 or 3 times a week for about 3 years. You'd think I'd look like a muscle bound weight lifter by now! But all this training helps me lift hubby's wheelchair in and out of the car, and believe me, it's super-heavy. By dinner time, I'm ready for my jammies and teddy bear.

Friday Bon Mots: Never, ever go to Costco on a Friday at dinner time. Besides the samples traps, my budget is blown! At least nearly everything that wasn't made from wood pulp was healthy! One plus, I've nearly made my 10,000 steps today. My feet feel like they walked every inch of that warehouse.

Susan: Did you get your books transferred from your Nook to the Kindle? Geez, hope so. My Nook periodically skips pages. I have to trick it into letting me read them! One of these days I'll switch to something else.

Skinny/Karen: Sorry about Gunner's frightening encounter. My in-law's dog had something similar happen, went to the vet, seemed okay, and died the next day. A small neck wound hidden in all that fur was overlooked and he died from an overwhelming infection. Glad Gunner is doing well.

15/15 under goal

Stay hydrated! Forecast is 100+ here in NE TX.

GW>Marsha
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @marsha--wow, that's so horrible about your in-law's dog. Today, since I couldn't walk him, I took gunner out back to give him a good brushing. Partly as a way to make up for no walk with some attention--he LOVES getting brushed. But it also gave me a good opportunity to check him over from nose to tail to make sure he had no hidden injuries. He also was much better about letting me get a really good look at his muzzle wounds while I was brushing him, so I could check him for any signs of infection.
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    hello ladies :flowerforyou: hope all of you are smiling and happy as we go into the weekend :smile: the days kinda blend together for me since my hubby works 6 days a week and I'm a housewife. Nothing much changes day to day except for the odd doctor or dentist appt here and there. But each day is still a perfect and beautiful day of course!!!

Hubby thought he'd fixed my treadmill that messed up on me lastnight...but after 30mins of walking tonight IT WENT DOWN AGAIN! He's gonna look at it one more time...after that, if it goes down again then it's time for a new one! I was terribly disappointed both lastnight and tonight because I have been trying to build up my time walking...even though I am still just walking at the 2mph pace due to my horrible knees after all these years of weighing over 300lbs. I'm really motivated right now and it kinda feels like a huge obstacle is being thrown in my way by taking down my treadmill. Working hard not to let myself give in to those "wasn't meant to be" words that keep floating around inside my head. Hubby is certainly fired up to help me out! He's my biggest cheerleader and supporter! I love that man so much!!! Next month will be 30 years that I've had the pleasure of being his wife. I'm looking forward to our anniversary very much. We're talking about renting a cabin for a week up in Smoky Mountains and getting all romantic and stuff :love: :heart: :blushing: :flowerforyou: Nothing like romance to be a big motivator to lose as much as you can before that date gets here :laugh:

@hasjejc--Hi :flowerforyou: and welcome :smile: You're definitely not alone in your struggle to lose 100+ pounds. I have 200 to lose myself and each day is a renewed commitment that you make only to yourself to do the very best you can today. I want to support you in your journey and would appreciate your support in mine. I am almost as new here as you are, so we can be newbies together :flowerforyou:

@Susan 2396--Thank you very much for welcoming me :smile:

@skinnyjeanzbo and Lives2Travel--thank you for the good wishes on my pending lapband removal. as of yet, no date has been set. my doctor is waiting to do another endoscopy on the 28th to check on my Barrett's Esophagus since my last ablation procedure. If all the cancer cells were indeed lasered off and no more are found, then we will schedule my lapband removal. However, if more cancer cells are found in my esophagus, then I will have a second ablation which will put me down 6 more weeks before yet another followup endoscopy to verify cancer cell eradication. So everything depends on clearing my Barrett's Esophagus condition.

Have a blessed and beautiful weekend, ladies! Enjoy yourselves :drinker: , enjoy your lives :flowerforyou: , enjoy your loves :heart:
  • susan2396
    Options

Susan: Did you get your books transferred from your Nook to the Kindle? Geez, hope so. My Nook periodically skips pages. I have to trick it into letting me read them! One of these days I'll switch to something else.

15/15 under goal

Stay hydrated! Forecast is 100+ here in NE TX.

GW>Marsha

I had read through most of my books. I had just a few left so I'm going on the Barnes & Noble website and logging into my account then reading on my laptop. It's a pain, but at least I don't feel I've wasted my money. It's funny you mentioned the skipped pages. Mine would do that periodically too. It must be a little glitch with the Nook.
  • susan2396
    Options
    @ Skinny/Karen - Have fun tomorrow! The RHCP's are one of my favorite rock out bands. Flea's a scrawny little thing, but the man can rock. Also, enjoy the event in Chicago at your parents. It's always so fun to reconnect with childhood friends. I'm really missing my BF who lives in Columbus, OH. We've been friends since the 2nd grade. Miss her dearly.

@ Laurie - Thank you again for sharing your journey and I'm so glad I found Robin's Thread plus all of you too.

@ BettJo64 - Congrats on 30 years!!! My parents have been married for 46 years. I'm so proud of them. When you mentioned the Smokey Mountains, where do you live? I use to live in Atlanta and would go up into Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. They have a TON of cute, little romantic cabin getaways. It sounds lovely for you and your hubby. I'm a bit jaded by the whole romantic bug. I've been divorced 10 years and totally focused on being a single parent and my career. It keeps me super busy. Right now, I would be happy just finding a nice guy friend to do things with and that's about it. LOL!!!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanz - Great minds think alike. I'm glad I'm not the only one who recognized the flaw in the wrapped finger method for determining frame size. I took Tom's advice and measured my wrist and according to that measurement I'm right between a small and medium frame. I will hence forth refer to myself as a small/medium or medium/small (with ridiculously long fingers).

AFM - The carpenter did turn up yesterday and got the old sink and counter tops removed and the structure built for supporting the new counters. So painting is now on my to do list for the weekend along with everything else. I'm off for an early morning walk with a friend (and the dog) before starting my busy day.

Have a great weekend all!

August Challenge - At or under daily calorie goal 13/15

Good Days: 13
    Not so Good Days: 1
    Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days: 1
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Wow I've missed a lot in the past few days! I've slacked off again the last few days with calorie tracking, and gained (temporarily) back the loss again. Back to where I was on the 1st... Ugh. My foot is bothering me again so I haven't increased my steps back up to where I want them to be. I don't have much planned for today so I'm going to make some food for meals and try to get back on track yet again.

Yesterday I went tubing and geocaching down a local river with friends and had a blast. Fist time ever tubing for me, at 41... LOL. We were on the water for over 4 hours and a good amount of time we walked down the river as it was too shallow, so I got an amazing workout. I was exhausted last night and went to bed at 8:30! I am all kinds of sore today from it. Tomorrow I'm going kayaking for the first time ever on another river. It will be a crash course on steering/paddling/balancing and then a 20km paddle... (13 miles) Probably 8 hours total with more geocaching along the way. I hope I make it. :huh:
  • ddas66
    ddas66 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbo

Awesome Job at the gym. Have fun at the festival and enjoy the time with you niece.
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    Success Saturday
    Last night I babysat for my three grandchildren overnight. I still knew what to do although it has been a lot of years doing general baby care. I think we all had a good time Right now we are watching pippa pig on tv. I was able to write down all I ate and kept within my calorie level within 100 calories over. A success because I recorded all my foods and looked at my total and stopped when I got to my calorie limit. I ate food that isn't necessarity considered low calorie but I did avoid sugar so I will call that a success for Saturday. Have a lovely weekend all.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

I am smoking a beef brisket today. It is in the smoker so the waiting begins. :smokin: :bigsmile:

Happy International Geocaching Day
    Saturday, August 16 might as well be a holiday in the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region. It’s the day that the whole world celebrates one of our favorite ways to explore our area – geocaching.
    Geocaching uses global positioning systems (GPS) units or a smartphone app to guide you to cool places where you’ll find hidden treasures with trinkets inside. Take a trinket and leave one behind for the next geocacher. It’s that easy!

“You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.” ~Unknown

Tom