Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: My eating and working out was sidelined pretty much completely while Emma was in the hospital. I tried to make decent choices, but fast food was a staple and caffeine to stay awake. She got out yesterday and is now at home to work on healing. It's good to have her smiling again. Still sore, but walking upright instead of hunched over in pain. So we start again!

Laurie -- Yay on the okay to continue with what you are doing. Is the leak just something they watch? Yes, this summer has gone by fast. Our kids don't go back until after Labor Day, but I would guess the teachers will be headed there shortly. And congrats on the "bye bye obese" weightloss!

Coffee -- I've been one that has gone back and forth with whether to weigh daily or weekly but I know that I do a better job of staying focussed when I do it daily. I've learned to ignore the normal fluctuations and I only change my ticker when the scale goes down below the previous lower mark. But I do know that different people have different things that work for them, so find what works and stick with that.

Karen -- sounds like an overall good health assessment.

Tom -- Middle Child day. I was a middle child for about 6 years before we had two more sisters join us. I probably was a stereotypical one in my younger days. However, that doesn't describe me now. I looked at my whole family to see who was and I don't think any of us fall into that category now. Hmm.. Maybe something to think about. HA! V-J Day...I read somewhere that Russia and Japan have never signed the treatie ending WWII. Interesting huh?

Toots -- so excited for you. I know this has been a long process but you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Before you know it your family will have officially grown! I love hearing about the process that you are going through, so you have my permission to keep talking -- it's exciting!!!

Susan -- Nice start back at this. You commented about my Mello Yello. I agree, but I'm never going to give it up totally. I am actually allergic to some diet sodas -- asthma attacks -- so those are out of the question. When I get in a groove then I limit my soda to 1-2 a week instead of daily. Hope to wean myself off them again. I do have my bottle of water next to me as I type...:drinker: ...there just drank some more. :bigsmile:

Brenda -- I think that progress is great. Recovering from knee surgery is a big accomplishment...slowly but surely.

Robin -- ugh...what a mess with Dawn! Hope your people problems work out soon for you -- they can be emotionally draining.

Kaye -- what a trip so far!!! Glad you weren't hurt but car troubles are a pain while at home, let alone when you are away. Love the new pictures! You look great.

Kelley --- Vertigo. i've never had it but have a friend that struggled with it a few months. Yuck -- hope it goes away soon.

ebailey -- Sounds like the job is working out well. Great job on the 2 pounds.

BettJo -- I'm glad you felt safe enough to post your story. This thread is full of wonderful caring people that are here for each other. Some people comment really well, some are sporadic (like me) and some find it useful to post but don't comment. You do what you need to make it helpful to you. I love that you can ask questions and you'll get answers/opinions etc.

Grammy -- I'm glad you get to hear the background noises. Unfortunately, you'll have to take teh bad with the good. :laugh: Sorry about tinnitus -- my grandmother had it really bad and I've had some -- hopefully they find a cure soon.

I know that several of you are struggling right now with flat lining, but remember that that is a success too. How many times have we lost and gained (I'm one that did this recently), so while you aren't moving toward your goal right now, remember to take a minute and at least congratulate yourself that you aren't going in the opposite direction. Don't want to become complaicent but don't want to get too frustrated either.

Okay, another Thursday Truth: I've already told you about my stove not working. The dishwasher gave up yesterday. I have lived in this house for 20 days and two major appliances!!! Back to shopping we go!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @kah - Thanks for explaining the difference between BMR and TDEE. I don't even know why there are calculators for BMR....I mean the only way your calories burned would be that low is if you were in a coma and then you'd have bigger issues than creating a calorie deficit. Good news for me is my current TDEE is 2015 a day and if I add in exercise calories, I'm at 2315. I know that will be lower when I get to my goal, but it's nice to know I will have a decent number of calories for maintenance.

@teresa - Enjoy the new phone!

@skinnyjeanz - I don't get it either. No one should spend all day drinking coffee or tea or soda, but in moderation I don't see why not have them if you want. I cringe when I hear people cutting out things in the name of weight loss. In my experience, it almost never sticks and makes losing a more miserable process than necessary. I will not be giving up my coffee! I didn't realize we were the same weight. How tall are you and what have you set as your ultimate goal?

@laurie - I live in Charlotte and there's always something going on around here. It seems like there is a 5k or other race every other week. It would be fun to meet folks who post on this board. Maybe someday..... And kudos to you for getting out of the obese category!!

@tlh - Great news about your daughter.

AFM - Busy work day!

August Challenge - At or under daily calorie goal 11/13

Good Days: 11
    Not so Good Days: 1
    Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days: 1
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanz - I don't get it either. No one should spend all day drinking coffee or tea or soda, but in moderation I don't see why not have them if you want. I cringe when I hear people cutting out things in the name of weight loss. In my experience, it almost never sticks and makes losing a more miserable process than necessary. I will not be giving up my coffee! I didn't realize we were the same weight. How tall are you and what have you set as your ultimate goal?

I am 5'7" with a current goal of 170. Once there I will reasses to see where I want to go. I would think somewhere between 150-160 will be my ultimate goal, but it really depends on my BF%. My doctor said she thinks 150 would be the minimum based on my frame.

I would also love to come to Charlotte to do a race or event--we should keep it in mind as a possible 5k destination for next year.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Laurie- That is awesome on your BMI, I have to lose another ~54lbs. to move out of the obese section of BMI chart.bow-smiley.gif

thumbs_up_140910.jpg

Bmi-chart_zpsf4620e53.jpg
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Tom, thanks for posting the chart. It looks like I have about 20# to get out of obese. My DIL's calipers measured my body fat percentage lower than the charts indicate. If they are correct, I am not obese. I guess body type figures into it, too.
    Tlh, glad your daughter is home. Sorry about the appliances.
    Thursday truth: even though it has been a trip fraught with problems, I'm glad I came. We had a fun visit with Daddy this morning. He was glad to see all of us. We don't get to all be together very often. The sorting isn't as bad as I thought it would be. The food is worse than I thought it would be! How do people live with open bags of peanut M&Ms on the counter?
    I have posted a new picture of me with sisters and Daddy. I am the oldest. I guess you'll have to go to my profile to see me. This cuts me off.

Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just popping in before heading off to watch a little TV before bed. Today was long but good. I ate two snack size bags of Cheetos but was well under my calories today. So, if it's true what so many say on this website that shouldn't hurt me. Still feel like I cheated. :ohwell:

My Thursday truth is that I have been overweight/obese since I was 13 and I am so afraid that I won't ever achieve a normal weight. I talked with a customer tonight about her weight loss journey and how she lost 80 lbs and put it back on, then lost 60 lbs and put it back on, and now is trying again. What if that happens to me!! :noway: I just can't fathom the thought of finally getting to goal weight and putting the weight back on.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Kaye- Your picture looks great. I would go by the measurements instead of the chart. Congrats on being out the obese category. I can’t avoid the peanut mm’s either. Glad the packing is going well and that you get to spend time with your sisters and dad.

Lives to travel- Charlotte would be a great destination for an event.

Tlh- Glad your daughter is home. I hope you can some rest.

Ddas66-Welcome. Pictures are tough for most of us but the story they will tell is amazing. We tend to ignore the daily, weekly and monthly changes but when you compare pictures you can see the progress you have made.

Tom- I also miss Bellawares and Shrinkwrapt..

Kah (Kelley) Sorry the vertigo is still bugging you and I hope you managed a workout today. Good news that the thumb is coming along and you have been released for bench press and dead lifts. I agree the foam roller is rough. I do hope the swelling goes down quickly for you.

Itstearsinrai-Welcome and thank you for sharing your story.

Soosun- You are right in that weight is not comfortable and neither is change. This process is about change and learning how to make the right choices. This process allows us to learn, make mistakes and start over multiple times. Change takes time but the good news is you will adjust and will become a new habit.

Theresa- I have the same fear as you do with regards to losing the weight and then regaining it once I reach a goal weight. I am not sure there is an answer to prevent this from happening except determination to keep it off. Maybe that is why we experience the plateaus so we can work on maintaining the the loss while our body adjusts to the normal weight. I truly hope that since this weight loss has been slow, I will less likely to regain what I have lost. All I know is that I will do whatever I can to avoid returning to where I was. The nice thing is that I have made friends on here that will continue to support after I reached my goal weight.

Truth- I had the best workout today and it felt great to be able to run. I was excited to run for the first time in my life. Today, was a slow jog, then running drills with walking in between followed by an 8 minute run ending with strength training of squats and lunges. I really don’t like lunges but I managed to do them anyway.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--I forgot about your BMI victory--I am so happy that you are overweight!! :wink: :laugh: :drinker:

@teresa--I fear that as well, but if we keep at it, we will be successful in the long run. Though I fear gaining back the weight, the alternative is just staying overweight and unhealthy.

@kaye--great picture and glad the sorting is going well. I could not live with peanut m&m's in my proximity (open or not :blushing: ). They are probably my favorite candy. BF% is so hard to measure accurately unless you have access to a university or medical center with an actual bodpod, and I agree that body type and skeletal frame matter as well. The standard BMI chart says I should weight somewhere between 118 and 159 to be "normal" which is just crazy. I would be anorexic at 118 lbs! I once found a BMI calculator that took into account body frame/type and the numbers were much more realistic for me. I would share but I can't recall which site it was. :ohwell:

@tracy--so glad your daughter is feeling better and your life can begin to get back to normal. Sorry to hear about your appliances crapping out on you. :grumble:

@tom--I miss all of those guys as well as bohemian, angelika, and doug. I just saw doug got back on MFP after being MIA for awhile, so maybe he'll pop in for a visit one day.

@ddas--welcome! :flowerforyou:

@brenda--I think I'm worse when I'm truly exhausted--like with jetlag. However, I can be cranky when I'm hungry--my work friends and I call it "coding out." As in, "I hope we break for lunch soon, or I'm gonna code out" or "did you guys bring snacks to the meeting, so you don't code out?" :laugh:

@kelley--ugh about your vertigo. :flowerforyou: We didn't really get more ipad training, but there was a bit less lecturing and more work time, so that was something. :ohwell:

@soosun--I totally agree that it can be "uncomfortable" to lose weight, and I've seen a lot of stories from people on MFP about how they use their weight as a shield against the world and use it as an excuse to avoid life. I'm pretty extroverted, so I don't think I did that, but I certainly feel my year at this plateau is, at least in part, due to my body's need to get used to my current size--both physically and mentally.

Thursday Truth:
    My truth is that I truly don't understand dog owners who don't contain/restrain their animals with a leash or fence. While walking gunner today a loose dog came running up and they ended up getting into a fight. As the owner was running from his yard to get the dog, he's yelling to me, "just tell her no" and "she's usually nice." Um, really?!?! B/c I don't care how well-behaved or friendly you THINK your dog is, the bottom line is that dogs are unpredictable animals and you never know what will set off even the "nicest" dog. Gunner can be super-friendly to other dogs, but he can also be dominant and challenge them.

Gunner seems fine, but he has a a small gash and a couple of punctures on his muzzle that we will have to watch for a few days. I debated taking him to the vet, but it was past closing time which would mean the emergency clinic which is super expensive. I know the other owner is responsible for the cost, but I didn't want to take gunner for something that appears superficial.

In addition, even though both times gunner had a fight he was leashed and the other dog was loose, at some point Animal Control doesn't care about that. If they get too many reports about a specific dog, they have the right to open an investigation to assess whether or not your dog is "dangerous." And though I believe we would win such a fight, they would impound gunner while investigating, and we would have to pay those costs and potentially the cost of a lawyer, if it wasn't going in our favor. It's very unfair that I have to worry about that since I'm a responsible dog owner who leashes my dog and always keeps him fenced. :mad:

Sorry for the rant, but he's my baby. :blushing:

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + trainer DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--walk gunner
    Sun--walk gunner

August Challenge:
    Cumulative calorie surplus (shortage) = 54
    100g of protein = 5/31 days
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Today has been a pretty good day. It feels so good to be able to take my babys out for a walk again. We can only do one lap around the neighborhood which is about 1/2 a mile but I am taking it slow and easy as I want a full recovery on the ankle and no more down time. I started a personal challenge of stability ball crunches yesterday. I started with 50 and am going to increase by 5 every week for two months. It felt just fine doing them yesterday and wasnt to much of a strain and then when I woke up this morning I couldnt figure out at first why my ribs and abdomen were sore and then I started todays crunches. Oh boy was I feeling them today:laugh:
    Thursday truth is I cant wait for my husband to come home. He has been gone so much this year and is only going to be home 15-20 days this time. Most of the time I am ok with his job and the traveling. We get to talk every day online so its not like we are out of touch but this time has seemed harder then usual. I think in part due to the injury and then just cause he was home such a short time last time. I am planning a getaway just the two of us to Astoria on the Oregon coast while he is home this time. I have been looking at hotels and of course the one I really love is stupid expensive so I have to decide iff I want the nicer hotel or more spending money while we are gone. Decisions decisions.
    Tracy i am glad your daughter is doing better. Now you can focus on your house and the @#@#@ appliances:laugh:
    Kah I hope your vertigo was better today. I only had that once in my life and wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. Way to disorienting.
    Kaye I love the picture of you and your family.
    Laurie congrats on getting down out of the obese category. I have a long way to go but I know I will join you there someday.

Okay as usual I had more planned but I have forgotten so everyone have a fabulous night and TGIF to tomorrow:heart::drinker: :drinker:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I found a few articles about weight loss and keeping it off. They do contain good tips for losing the weight slowly as that will help to keep it off. I had to do some research since many of us harbor the same fears about not keeping the weight off.

An article about Weight Loss: Keeping the Weight Off
    A good article and many of the things we are already doing.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=42588

7 Ways to Beat Stress Fat
    A good article to read regarding stress fat, it is short and has specific information. Short with slide for each topic, makes sense and talks about cortisol the stress hormone.

http://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-tips/how-prevent-weight-gain-due-stress-and-anxiety?s=8

Belly Fat in Women Taking and Keeping it off
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/womens-health/in-depth/belly-fat/art-20045809

Belly Fat in men: Why weight loss matters
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/mens-health/in-depth/belly-fat/art-20045685?footprints=mine
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    We all have plateaus. My last one lasted more than 6 months, hopefully yours will not be that long. Please do not give up or give in. The scales will move eventually.
    Lori :smile:

This went out before I had a chance to finish it. I can no longer remember who I was thinking of when I wrote the above. Having a menopause moment.

Thursday Truth - I feel pretty good about myself today. I weigh in tomorrow and after looking at the above BMI chart I am on the edge of moving into a lower category!!!!!!!

Love, hugs and best to all. I reap loads off this thread and feel I do not give enough in return.
    Lori
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    Tracy i hope your daughter is doing fine after her surgery.
    My granddaughter had appendicitis in April and ended up in the hospital twice after her surgery due to a persistent infection. It was a very bad time. the last round she had to be on meds that prevented her from rejecting the second round of meds. She has healed completely, but you never know so you have to be aware. Good luck,hope all is well. It cannot be a picnic at this point.
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    GRRRRRR I was in my stride and enjoying my walk on my treadmill when the doggone think konked out on me :sad: Hope it's not too expensive to fix and won't be down for long. Hubby's works 3rd shift, so he's gonna check it out for me in the morning. Anyways, hi ladies :flowerforyou: Hope everyone's had a wonderful day and evening. I sure did! I've attempted to eat all the calories I could muster today but still falling short as usual due to my lapband :ohwell: Had a few sick spells which always is just thrilling :grumble: but hey, I keep trying. At least I'm establishing my new eating patterns now before I do get this lapband out. A few of you have suggested a dietician. I forgot to mention in my first post that I have indeed been seeing a dietician, physical therapist, and doctor very regularly. All have been super pleased with me. The dietician is more focused on showing me how to eat once(if) I have the next gastric bypass operation...the Roux-en-Y. She is preparing me for the immediate diet in the hospital and each stage of the way after release. So I am left to my own accord right now since she feels I am doing well when she has looked at my food diary. I feel I've been doing so much better on my own since I've joined MFP and started my low carb lifestyle. I make myself eat when I truly don't have even a little appetite and really no room for food anyways. But I make it work by making my meals last much much much longer because I must stop and digest then resume so often :laugh: This is tremendous work for me ALL DAY LONG!!! I know all will change when the lapband comes off and I can settle down into regular type of eating and digesting with no big production :laugh: Can't wait! Can't wait! But still a little scary, too, since I haven't been without this lapband for 20yrs. Can I do this??
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Poppin' in for a short up-date: 14/14 under goal. Worked out 4/4 days.

Thursday Truth: I'm having a hungry caterpillar day. Nibbled my way through most of my calories. Today was 1/2 price cheeseburger day at Sonic and family indulged in them and onion rings. As soon as we got home I looked up the calories for the burger alone: 750 ! ! ! And the rings, one large serving over 1000. I soooo wanted a burger...but not that much...sorta. If I eat a burger, it's going to be a GOOD one (homemade). Still hungry though.

Thanks for sharing the articles, Laurie. I'm especially interested in the one on stress fat.

Going to bed before I eat the burger in the fridge. If I'm lucky, someone will make it go away before morning.

Sleep tight.
    GW>Marsha
  • Brenda_1129
    Brenda_1129 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @Jean~ The worst is when I work with my husband. He refuses to stop and eat anything all day and after 12 hours of laying hard wood floor, I need food! I jus tell him that its feeding time and he knows that I am on the brink of being cranky which is never pretty!

Good Morning Everyone! I got a pretty good workout last night. A little under an hour, nothing to crazy but good nonetheless. I have a friend coming into town tonight so there will be no gym time. I have looked up the menu for the restaurant so I already have a good idea what I will be ordering for dinner.

Friday Fitness: My fitness plan may need to be altered as I am most likely going out of the country for a month. I hope the hotel has a gym!

Have a fabulous Friday!
    BRENDA
  • hasjejc
    hasjejc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am looking at all your tickers and the amount of weight you have all lost and I feel like crying, I am just at the start of my journey(AGAIN) with about 100lbs to lose..
    well done to you all!
  • Lives2Travel
    Options
    @skinnyjeanz - I've set my goal as 145 since it's the middle of the BMI range for my height. It may be a bit too aggressive, but I guess I'll see when I get closer. For now, I'm focusing on getting to 170. I'd love for you (and everyone else) to come to Charlotte for a race or event. I've thought many times about doing the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure that takes place in October. Maybe we could think about getting a team together for 2015? I'd even love to do the Komen 3 day some year. It's 60 miles over 3 days and Atlanta is the closest to me, but Seattle sounds very tempting.

Your story about Gunner being attacked by a loose dog made me so mad. I hate that irresponsible dog owners not only endanger other dogs, but give dog owners a bad name. My dog has absolutely no filter when it comes to other dogs. He sees one and assumes "Friend". I never let him greet another dog unless I know it and know it's dog friendly. I've already had a very expensive trip to the emergency vet for a snake bite and don't want to add one for a dog bite.

@kaye - Love the picture of you, your sisters and your Dad. i'm sure it meant the world to him to have all his girls together.

@teresa - I think we all share your fear. I've lost significant amounts in the past and put it right back on. I believe this time will be different because to think otherwise would be like planning to fail. I was lamenting the other day that in July my weight loss graph was flat and had to admit I had been eating at a maintenance level. Someone (and THANK YOU whoever it was) pointed out that spending a month not gaining weight was a victory. I hadn't thought about it like that, but they were right. For me to be able to maintain my loss, even for a month, is something I've not done before. I've always either been losing or gaining.

@kah - Sorry to hear about the vertigo. I had it once for about 6 weeks (they think due to a virus) and it was miserable. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

@laurie - Sounds like you're now hooked on running. Way to go!

@jconst - Glad you're getting mobile again. The Oregon coast is on my list of must see places.

@bett - Hang in there. Hope the removal of the lapband goes well and you have an easy recovery.

@hasjejc - Don't cry, rejoice. You've made the decision to move forward and take control. Look at the number on the scale and realize you will never see it again. You can do this!

AFM - Busy weekend ahead getting ready to leave early Monday morning on another trip to Missouri. The carpenter will be here later today to tear out the old sink and counter top in the laundry room and build the support for the new counter over the washer and dryer. Assuming he gets it done, I will spend most of the weekend painting the new support to match the cabinets. Making progress!

August Challenge - At or under daily calorie goal 12/14

Good Days: 12
    Not so Good Days: 1
    Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days: 1
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Karen~After I saw your post about a weight calculator that took frame size into account, I found this: http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/ideal-body-weight-3146-143.html It’s not a BMI calculator, but gives you a healthy weight range for your body type—for me it’s in line with what my doctor would like me to weigh. Ugh on the dog in the neighborhood, I hope Gunner is ok—I know what you mean though, I have a group of neighbors that let their dogs out without leashes so they can all play together (I swear they think the neighborhood is a dark park). They are all really sweet, but you’re right you never know when one will turn on you.

@Tracy(tlh)~So glad that Emma is back home and recovering, I’m sure she be back to her usual boisterous self in no time! I’m sorry for the appliances, certainly not expenses you were expecting after just closing on your house. :grumble:

@Tammy(jtconst)~Hooray for being able to return to walking—I know your dogs appreciate it! Enjoy the time with your husband when he gets home, trip sounds like a great idea!

@Kaye~Great family picture! Peanut M&Ms are crack—my co-worker and I were craving some yesterday so we shared a small package, what’s funny is she made me count them! :laugh:

@L2T~We have both the Komen and 3-day here, a friend of mine at work did the 3-day a few years ago--said it was exhausting but so worth it. I think Charlotte in 2015 would be great to meet up for a race!

@Marsha(GW)~Oy, on the burger from Sonic—oh so good, but so high in calories. Not sure I could have turned down their onion rings either! :blushing: :wink: I treat myself to a burger periodically, I try to go to In & Out though—the burgers are smaller and if you get it without their tasty sauce, the calories/fat are reasonable.

AFM~I did make it to the session with my trainer, we skipped stuff that was going to exacerbate the vertigo—only had one occurrence and so far today no issues. I’m supposed to check in with my doc this morning, so I’ll be glad to report it’s improved. Today I may meet my trainer for a run but most likely I will just go to his studio to detox in the sauna—tomorrow night my activity will be bowling with friends from church. I was under on calories yesterday. I should have eaten closer to TDEE because of my activity—but I was close. My macros were in sync. I'm not sure what the scale will show tomorrow, but my clothes are looser--something my trainer pointed out as well. Maybe tomorrow will be measurement day, too.

August Goals:

Calories (at or below): 11/30
    Macros (within 2%): 10/30

Exercise Goals:

Monday~None DONE!
    Tuesday~Trainer DONE! (sort of)
    Wednesday~Cardio NOT DONE! (Rest Day instead)
    Thursday~Trainer DONE!
    Friday~Run or Sauna
    Saturday~Bowling
    Sunday~Trainer
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hi -- I am so far behind in reading posts that the thread turned over before I could finish. I will continue reading to catch up with everyone's updates. I start classes next week 2 really hard classes so I may not be able to keep up much here.
  • Lives2Travel
    Options
    @Karen~After I saw your post about a weight calculator that took frame size into account, I found this: http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/ideal-body-weight-3146-143.html It’s not a BMI calculator, but gives you a healthy weight range for your body type—for me it’s in line with what my doctor would like me to weigh.

@kah - That's a useful calculator. I was surprised to find that based on the test of wrapping your fingers around your wrist I'm considered to have a small frame. Of course, I also have ridiculously long fingers (same length as my 6'2" hubby) so perhaps that test is not completely accurate for me.

According to the calculator:

Your ideal weight range-- 144 - 158.4 lbs. (65.5 - 72 kg.). --is based on a formula that calculates what a healthy weight is for most people of your height (68 inches) and frame size (Small). You are overweight by 23.6 lbs.

If I select medium frame, I'm said to be only "marginally" overweight by 12.6 lbs. Woo Hoo!