Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Happy September 1st! I'm so excited that Fall is right around the corner, but I sure couldn't tell based on the humidity this morning. I made myself get up and walk early even though it's a work free day. I knew I wouldn't do it later when it's going to be even more miserably hot. Now I can spend the rest of the day doing things around the house.

I'm glad we're repeating our August challenge. I need it. I realized that our mileage challenges got me in the habit of walking every day and I'm still walking every morning (with a rest day very rarely). But, I also realized my attention to calorie counting has been less than stellar. I confess to eating and not recording things. Although in my defense I think I read that York Peppermint Patties are virtually calorie free.....yeah sure they are. :blushing: So, I am recommitting to strict recording of every bite I put in my mouth. I've been slack, but lucky in that I have held steady at 181. Hey, wait, I just realized I've found my maintenance level! My assigned calories plus 4-6 York Peppermint Patties and a bag of mini pretzels. Yay me.

September Challenge - Days at or under daily calorie goal

Good Days:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,135 Member
    Options
    Bump - Happy Labor Day.....! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • misschristy1
    misschristy1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys. I am dipping my toes back in after a looong absence. I would love a group to chat with- I have not posted much before. Do you have room for another? What ia a BBM pin?
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday....Happy September....Happy Labor Day!!!

Labor Day is day when people used to get off work and spend time with their families. Some people do get the time off, but for millions of us in retail and other jobs that is not an option. So, get out and buy something and support the working people. I for one will be leaving in a few minutes in the hopes of making some huge furniture sales!! :bigsmile:

I'm glad that we are doing the challenge over. I was NOT very good last month at keeping my calories where I wanted them. I am going to give myself the 100 calorie leeway this time because I think it will keep me from feeling like a big ole failure. :sad:

I'm also going to challenge myself to check in here everyday. I miss you guys when I don't. I did read all the posts last night but then was just too tired to make my fingers type a single word. I will do better!! :drinker:

Good news is that I was down in weight this week. I didn't make it under the 250 lbs mark but I'm eeking my way there. :smokin:

Have a great day!! :flowerforyou:
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in -- well, I've only been logging properly for a few days and I'm not showing any weight loss yet. I am having faith that if I exercise and log assiduously the weight loss will come. But I have now logged all my calories for 2 days! Wow! Little things, eh?

@Robin: When I lived in Chester I had a season pass for the zoo for a few years. I'm sure lots of zoos think they're the best in the world! Eventually we found we weren't going enough though and gave it up.

@Betty: what a nice story that is about how you met your husband! It's so nice to hear relationship success stories as well as health ones.

@Tanya: I hope you had a fantastic month off and it was worth it!

@Lori: I did a very stupid thing which was that I threw out all my fat-girl swimsuits when I lost weight and bought new ones... none of which fit me properly now. Oops. It didn't stop me going swimming the other week though, and I should remember that this is a very good time of year for swimming. I like to swim at a local open-air pool; it's a 50m pool and it's heated (lots of UK open air pools aren't, which means they shut in winter). It's really nice on fine days, even when it's cold, and it's never full except on the hottest days of summer.

Welcome newlings to our shiny new thread, and happy Labor Day to everyone in the US! It's going to be a brilliant week!

-- Alison
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

Happy Labor Day
    Labor Day—the first Monday in September—celebrates the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of America.
    On September 5, 1882, some 10,000 workers assembled in New York City to participate in America's first Labor Day parade. After marching from City Hall, past reviewing stands in Union Square, and then uptown to 42nd Street, the workers and their families gathered in Wendel's Elm Park for a picnic, concert, and speeches. This first Labor Day celebration was eagerly organized and executed by New York’s Central Labor Union, an umbrella group made up of representatives from many local unions. Debate continues to this day as to who originated the idea of a workers' holiday, but it definitely emerged from the ranks of organized labor at a time when they wanted to demonstrate the strength of their burgeoning movement and inspire improvements in their working conditions.

“Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” ~Earl Nightingale

Tom
  • missjanetleigh
    missjanetleigh Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    me too, I feel your pain!
  • sharkbev
    sharkbev Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too...
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in: I've had a GREAT first month back, thanks to everyone's encouragement and the August challenge. I'm not bragging, because I've had such spectacular fails in the past, but here are my results for August:

31/31 days under my daily calorie goal of 1500. Of course, some days it was c-l-o-s-e, and my choices weren't always the best but I did the logging and actually thought about what went in my mouth beforehand. No bags of anything were nibbled out of. Everything was pre-measured. A drag, but very helpful. Also, I have a MFP buddy who messages me every day. We both were at the end our rope and she volunteered to join me in making some healthy lifestyle changes.

My weight loss for August was: 17.7 lbs. :bigsmile: Incredible! I know the number won't be so high next month, but it's a good start.

September Challenge: Stay at or below my daily calorie goal, which I'm now reducing to 1400 calories each day. Additionally, I will be tracking exercise days with the goal of 5 or 6 days per week. To me, exercise = 25-30 minutes of cardio. My weight training is usually another two or three 30 minute sessions with a trainer each week. Until my knees are fixed, this is the maximum I'm able to do.

Welcome, newbies. There are many wonderful friends here to help you on your journey. We're listening.

Happy Labor Day!

Thanks for your help last month. :heart:
    GW>Marsha
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Well, August was mostly a fail...or at least a half-fail. I only stayed under calories about half the time, and I didn't even log or complete my log on many days. My protein was pretty good...at least for the days I actually completed my food diary. I did manage to lose about 1.5 inches off my hips and thighs (thanks, running!), but my weight is pretty much stalling at 255 for the month.

So, September is Get-My-S&!t-Straight Month! :happy:

I promise to get on the thread more often, and to get logging like I should. I also am allowing myself the 100 calorie leeway to feel less fail-ish. :wink: I'm dropping my protein goal this month and just focusing on the basics: finish my diary each evening (and don't eat after I've finished for the day), and get my calorie goal more days than not!

SEPTEMBER GOALS:

Complete an Honest Food Diary 30/30 days: 0/30

Within 100 Calories of Daily Goal 20/30 days: 0/30

@Susan- Exactly! After the kids are in bed and it's "me" time, I tend to reward myself with snacks. And, I like to unwind by watching tv, which usually leads to snacking, too. I think I need to pick up a book this month and head upstairs like you said! The further from the kitchen, the better! :wink:

In celebration of the beginning of Get-My-S&!t-Straight Month!, the kids and I are using this Monday off from work and school to go through my overflowing inbox at home, pay some bills, and write out my daughter's thank you notes from her bday party that we had almost a month ago! It's thunderstorms and showers all day today, so I guess I may not be getting my long run in this week. I will hopefully get a short run in this evening when the rain is supposed to go away. Or I will be hitting the gym after work tomorrow.

Happy Labor Day!
  • hansea47
    Options
    Way to go, Marsha! Your fresh start is inspiring me!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Goals for september: At or below cals, min 12 glasses water per day, log it all

Together we can get this done,:smile:
    Lori
  • bubsnoble
    bubsnoble Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't have 100lbs to lose anymore but still at least 80 to go... my goal is to start journaling everyday even if I don't have time to do a lengthy one at least something :) feel free to add me looking for motivational friends :)
  • grate4heart
    grate4heart Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Liz, and I need to lose over 100 LBS. I recently joined mfp in hoping this will help me on my weight loss goal. My doctor has suggested having bariatic surgery which I am hesitant to do. So any motivation and support would be appreciated.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Komitra - we're plenty connected here. your idea is fine - go ahead and start whatever you want to start up. I'm so commited to this thread it takes all my time. Thanks.

LivesTT - yay you for finding your maintenance level. Now THIS IS YOUR MONTH TO LOSE, GIRL!

Hi MissChristy - no, I have no idea what a BBM is. .....sorry. but welcome to this thread. I think it offers plenty.

Teresa - I EXPECT you to get under 250 this month!

Boho - yes, you're gonna lose weight - give yourself 10 days before you start freaking out, Alison!

GWhammy - a loss of 17.7 lbs for the month! WOOT!! HAPPY DANCE!!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: That is what you can expect when you actually eat less than you burn! I am SUPER PROUD of you! You're a shining example for the rest of us!

Hansea - nice on the inches lost - thats plenty to be proud of, even with no weight loss - shows you did plenty of good exercise. I'm proud of you too! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Newbies - welll we sure have a lot of you - so welcome to each and every one. I hope you read and re-read the opening post and read about our September Challenge and join in with us! Eventually we'll know you by name. We're here to answer any questions you may have since you are just starting out on your journey!

AFM: I am going to log 30/30 as well except while on vacation from Sept. 7 throu Sept. 18. That's a loooong period of time. Hope someone doesn't mind watching for the roll-over if it occurs during that period. I will have my laptop with me on vacation but don't know the WiFi status of our locations as we travel around the states. I want to lose some decent weight this month!
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    HAPPY LABOR DAY :happy: Hoping everyone is having, or has had, a beautiful and relaxing day with family and friends :smile: Hubby and I are a 3rd shift couple down here in Georgia, so even though it's after 5pm, we've not even started our "lunch" yet :laugh: Planning out our grilled chicken and shrimp with salads now :tongue:

I want to welcome all of our wonderful and beautiful newbies to our thread :flowerforyou: I'm sure you'll enjoy your visits here with us. Hopefully, you'll gain some knowledge from the experience of those of us offering it up; unbelievable support, encouragement, and acceptance from kindred souls who've walked your same path; and much needed sidetracks from diet and exercise talk...like good laughs:laugh: and family shares :heart:

Monday share...My weekend success was stepping on the scale Sunday for my weekly weigh-in to discover a 6lbs loss!!! WOOHOO!! This makes 35lbs lost since my April's doctor checkup, of which 21lbs were lost since starting here on MFP in mid July. I am thrilled for the support and info I've gained here on MFP and on this thread. I know I can keep going strong on this low-carb lifestyle and continue to progress...no matter whatever small setbacks come my way :bigsmile:
  • Sandy_79
    Sandy_79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I have 105 pounds to lose and will need every help that I can get. I'm following the Jackie Warner book program and is going good so far. Lost 7 pounds last week, haven't weight this week yet. Trying to work out at homee to the extreme weight loss DVD and finally bought some weights yesterday.
    Need some more friends to keep me accountable.
    Happy week everyone!!!
  • hansea47
    Options
    BettJo- Congratulations on the loss! Good for you!

Robin- Only a week until your trip...are you ready to go? Where are you headed?

Welcome to all the new faces! This thread is the most positive, uplifting place on MFP. Looking forward to seeing you check in regularly!