Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    October: Completed Diary 3/4, Under/At Calorie Goal 1/4

Been busy working this weekend. Lucky for me, we are only open until noon on weekends, so I am able to be home in the afternoon.

Yesterday, we went to Mass at a different church than we usually go to because my daughter has joined the youth choir at her school and they also sing one weekend a month at one of two churches. They also sing at school at Mass every Friday. So strange to see her confidently charging up the choir loft stairs to join her friends and sing with barely a good-bye for her mom. Bittersweet parenting moment there. I'm so glad she's not super shy like I was at her age. I missed out on some things because I was too timid to try.

Today, I think I will be taking the kids out shopping for Halloween costumes and the few winter attire items that we need to replace this year. We only need to get my son some snowpants, boots and another pair of gloves and we should be ready for Old Man Winter! Woo hoo!

Sunday Share for all the newbies (Welcome everyone, btw!):
    I'm Amanda. I'm 34, married with two children (dd is 7, ds is 5), and I work full time in a clinic laboratory. I've been on MFP for almost two years, but only on this thread since January 2014. If you've found us here, this is the place to be! I credit the accountability and support from the members of this thread with my ability to relose the weight I gained back in 2013 and to be able to keep it off so far!
    I think I may be only about 5 lbs away from being able to wear my wedding ring comfortably again!!!
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone ... a cold a bitter Sunday here in WNY ... but I will not turn that heat on yet! Yet my hands are frigid.

Watch your calories ...3/4 ...did I really find my sweet spot for calorie limits? I think yes.
    Sunday Sharing .... When I found this group thread the welcoming words that RobinsEgg wrote really struck a cord with me ...
    Welcome to my Thread - its been going strong for 4 years and many people have been very successful. You do NOT need to send me a personal friend request - as I will be your daily friend right here in this thread -OK? Thanks! Robin aka Robinsegg

You see, I am a sociable solitary person ... meaning that I don't have friends on here ... but I like sharing on the community pages and am really liking this group a lot. .. actually I've been kind of like that in personal life as well, and we don't need to go into the reasons behind that.
    _________________________________________________________________________________

@Robin ... I was reading back in this thread to get to know eveyone a little bit and found a post you make back in the year about how to handle replies by opening up another tab or window. Wow ... I never knew that and this is my first post trying it out. Thanks. Hope you wound-vac is cooperating.

@BohemianCoast - Allison, thanks for the welcome. Can you say more about that diary program "Day One" that you use?

@Soosun .. thank's for the welcome. I'm starting to see what youy mean about this thread ... very encouraging. Walking is a tough one for me too, found if I can walk through the 'hip joint burn' that I get after about 100 steps that if I go real slow and make it past another 150 steps that it gets easier. But oh, that second hundred steps or so are very painful.

@FeraFilla ... Two of your pictures are ones i wouldl print off and hang in my home to bring a bit of nature in ... they remind me of my youth ... The field of soybeans ... not the beans, but the barns and trees behind a field of grain; and the dear deers.

@Morgori - Tom - love those "Happy ---Day" posts. Helps to remember to think outisde of myself.

@kcsillag ... welcome and stop by often. I've been using MFP for a few years now, and while my weight loss goal is still something I'm striving towards, I have been able to get off and keep off what was once a part of the need to get rid off. Keep it up.

@Skinnyjeans ... yep, I think I found the 'sweet spot' calories ... now if I could find the sweet spot for cleaning my house! LOL.

AFM ... i think when I see this sig (AFM) that it means 'And From Me" and so I want to thank everyone who I have not called out, for the posts you are making. It really feels like a community on here and I feel myself wanting to come back to share in it.
    Niki

PS .... wish my keypad and the system didn't correct the wrong mispelled words but correct the right mispelled ones. Yuck ... hope you can read beyond the bad fixes and such.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @niki--glad you found your proper calorie goal. I'm still working on it. I did great for the first 50 lbs or so, but as I'm nearing goal weight, it seems to elude me. Nonetheless, I'm glad to have come this far and know if I keep at it, I will succeed in losing the last 20-30 lbs. And yes, AFM means "As For Me" or "And From Me." Don't worry about the silly auto-correct errors and typos either. I know others have commented that b/c I'm an English teacher (and we've had a few others along the way) that they worry about being "judged" for mistakes. I always feel posting on threads or Facebook is akin to having a conversation where we don't worry as much about perfect grammar, spelling, etc. Now, if you write me a formal essay you'd better proofread it though. :laugh: :tongue:

@amanda (hansea)--congrats on getting so close to fitting back in the wedding ring. I never outgrew mine, but only b/c it was really loose to begin with. I did have some issues with it on whenever retaining water--it would get snug beyond what I consider comfortable. Now that no longer hapens which makes me happy. :happy:

@tom--I think it's funny that World Teacher Day follows National Vodka Day. :laugh:

@nettie--glad the nursery plans are coming along and that you've been able to sleep better. Remind me of your due date again--is it in Feb.? I have 5 colleagues having babies between December and May, so I'm having trouble keeping track.

@kaye--I love cinnamon rolls! One of my colleagues sometimes brings homemade ones and I can NEVER resist; last time I ate two. :blushing:

@soosun--good job on the walking!

@laurie--great job on the swimming! I love the water, and playing in it for fun, but just never learned the proper strokes to swim laps as exercise. Yes, Brian is doing good and he was sad that he couldn't make the trip to NY. He took a really awesome trip to Europe over the summer to go to a big music festival. He's also been swamped at work lately, so probably for the best that he didn't try to come with us. However, maybe in the future he will travel with us. Or, if you make it to Chicago, I'm sure he would meet us for an event.

@marsha--Hope you have a nice trip to Baltimore? Do you mean your phone cannot access MFP or that you just don't know how? If it's an android, you should be able to download the MFP app, or just go to the website through the phone's internet browser.

I saw ushkii pop in the other day, but has anyone heard from Tracy (tlh) or RobinB?

Sunday Share:
    For the newlings, i"ll give a quick summary. I'm Karen--HS English teacher from Chicago. Love my job, but not all of the grading. Actually, I like grading, but not the amount of time it sometimes takes. I've been on MFP for about 3 1/2 years and joined this thread in July 2011. Have met some great people here--both "virtually" and in person--who've supported and motivated me along the way.

Workout yesterday at the gym felt good. DId some lifting, but have to be careful of my shoulder, so not as much as I would've liked. Also ran a quick mile on the treadmill, but after walking the 5k in the morning, I decided not to do any other cardio. DId some grading afterward--finished one half of the 60 quizzes, but need to grade the other side now.

Weather is much nicer today--still chilly but sunny with no rain/snow--so I took gunner for an extra-long walk. Not going to make it to the gym after all, but that's okay.

Grading Goals:
    1. x/14 AP analysis activities
    2. x/60 punctuation/ style quizzes

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--5k DONE + gym DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym
    Mon-- rest day (late meeting)
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--rest day (dinner plans)

October Challenge:
    Days under calories = 3/4
    Days >100g of protein = 1/4
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Marsha- Hope you have a great trip to Baltimore. I sent you a PM with contact information since you will in my neck of the woods so call me and maybe we can meet up at some point. I live just down the road in Annapolis and work near BWI airport. Android phone see you should be able to down load the MFP app it's free, and it is quick to log the food.

Tom- In honor of National Teacher's Day, I opted to take the day off from school work. :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thanks for keeping up informed about all the celebrations.

I have not heard from RobinB or TLH in a while, hope they are okay.

Today, was a bike ride day and it was cold this morning only in the 50's during the ride. Once I got moving it was not to bad being outside. We had family in town today, so I was able to see my aunt, cousin and her granddaughter. It was a great visit and my aunt looks really good for 95 years old. I thought about going to the gym for some additional exercise but decided against it, to tired plus I had to wrap the birthday gifts for my mom and put some clothes away. Overall, it was a very busy day.

Exercise plans for the week
    Sunday- bike ride
    Monday- trainer workout
    Tuesday- Gym
    Wednesday- rest
    Thursday- swim
    Friday-climbing
    Saturday- Festival day- so no formal exercise but should gets lots of walking in today.

Papers to grade
    120 Test questions
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @laurie--good for you for taking the day off. I did very little for school today as well--just some easy punctuation quiz grading. Sounds like a fun day visiting with your family. Hope you also get to visit with marsha when she's in town.

AFM--almost finished the quizzes, but not quite. will finish them up tomorrow morning before my AP kids turn in their journals. Will be under calories again, but also under protein. :ohwell:

Another *fun* note, my MIL just called and left another message. <sigh> At least this one had no jabs at me. Just a demand that DH call her b/c she wants to talk to him and her statement that she's "not giving up" on him. For all of you not versed in manipulative MIL-speak, that means she's determined to keep calling until he caves in and returns her call.

Fortunately? Unfortunately? he can be just as stubborn as her. To be honest, I'm not really even sure what I want to happen here. I would love for him to have a relationship with his mom, but I'm not looking forward to having her in our life again now that she's decided to blame me for all of this--when I was the only one on her side! He would have stopped calling/seeing her long ago if I hadn't encouraged family get togethers.

I'm not going to worry about it until he makes a decision about whether or not to even call her back. I don't want to put him in a position where he feels the need to defend me (trust me, I can do that myself), but I know he's really angry at her for all of her jealous nonsense toward me and my family. If they do mend fences, then she will have to mend some fences with me as well--I won't be able to move forward with her until I get an apology and acknowledgement that she is to blame for this rift with her son. I'm not good at biting my tongue and pretending like nothing has happened, and I can't just ignore that message she left telling him he can "always get another wife." Ugh! Why can't people just be normal?

Grading Goals:
    2. 40/60 punctuation/ style quizzes

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--5k DONE + gym DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--walk gunner

October Challenge:
    Days under calories = 4/5
    Days >100g of protein = 1/5
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Hi Y'all - these personals are weird - no names - just ideas that popped up as I read on from my last post -

Late Nite Snacking - hmm....chronic problem! I need to work on too - best suggestion I ever heard was to pre-plan this snak and set aside the calories at the start of the day and know in advance what and how large the snack is.

Losing Weight Faster - Cut of 16 inches of your long luxurious hair....if you can still grow it on top! :cry:

kcsillag - welcome, newbie - you have started with a great plan in mind! every newbie should read your post!

Calling a serving of ice cream a "blob" makes it quite un-appealing - but I still want it, blob or not! I certainly don't apply that to men!

Mahi Mahi - May I? May I?

Beautiful Fall, Happy Mornings, gosh the mood is catching! :flowerforyou:

Laurie - excellent about your swim team race times!

Puppy gift for sis who is caring for me? Great idea! She just started training Sat. Maybe she got an idea from trainer.

Salute to Teachers! With sincere gratitude to 99% of mine! (Met one misogynist in college) Loved and learned so well from all the rest!

Seeing confidence in a 7 year old daughter - heart- warming - and stunning, I'm sure! A BIG moment......

Sweet spots .....:laugh:

Sunday Share - Hi - I'm really Ellen but prefer my moniker Robin, having used it since '86 for I-Net. I'm 63 and live in Omaha - home of UNMC where the 2nd Ebola pt. was treated. We expect another tomorrow. I used to work there as what's currently described as a Case Manager for a Neurosurgeon. I retired on disability due to health problems over 10 years ago. When I joined MFP I weighed 264 and got down to 206. But I seem to have bad luck health wise and have managed to come down with a few odd--ball diseases in the past 2 years. Currently I am fighting a wound that won't heal properly and am grounded from activity til I see the doc who has Visiting Nurses hasassing me 3 x week and a Wound Vac applied to my left knee. I'm on a high cal - high protein diet while I heal up. So I've gained some weight back. Consider me your Cheerleader until I am recovered and back to losing weight - I am not participating in the challenge this month - :glasses:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Well, I sure never know how my days will go. Long story short, I wound up with 18 for dinner. I have lots of potato salad left. I only had 30 min for a walk after everyone went home. Consequently I am over on my calories 2 days in a row, not far, but over nonetheless. Love my family. It was a good day.
    Enjoy your reports and am inspired by your dedication. We can do this.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • brynncloud
    Options
    This sounds like a great group for me to join - I like clear plans, so that is a great fit for me - what I am greatly lacking is support. I really need that, not necessarily someone patting me on the back, but more someone to talk to about my struggles, along with hearing others struggles. I lost 85 pounds 2 years ago, then my mom died and I gained back 40 pounds. So I am ready to get back on track. I have about 100 to lose and desperately want to get that going.
    I will be logging my calories daily and will plan some regular breakfasts and lunches, and then make a list of healthy dinner options.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in -- well, I haven't lost weight this week but I'm pretty positive about it. What's happened is that I was away for a weekend full of food and drink, and I didn't do so well (i'm now 3/6 on October logging and thread checking) -- but I haven't gained and I think it will come back off pretty quickly. We went over to our friends in Kent on Friday; had a lovely meal with them. Then nipped over to France and Belgium on Saturday to buy cigarettes (for my friend; I don't smoke) and booze (for them and us). We went to a fortified town called Bergues (near Dunquerke) and had a traditional lunch in a traditional Flemish restaurant. And then more food with our friends. Then yesterday we danced in and around Tenterden for their folk festival and then took a ride on a steam train to Bodiam for lunch and more dancing (we play tunes on the train and dance at the stops too). Anyway, I'm sure I'll be back to my low Friday morning weight in a day or two.

@Lois -- I hope you had a wonderful night out!
    @FeraFilia -- a full day of walking will easily cover a nice Italian meal! I hope it's fantastic.
    @Susan -- I'm so pleased to hear how well your challenge is going, and that you had such a great weekend in New York.
    @Bill -- I love that the thread is always here for us if we derail and return.
    @Robin -- you are probably right about my daughter's friend. She lives a very constrained life in lots of ways and our house is very relaxed as well as being messy! And I'm glad they got your W-vac sorted out!
    @Teresa -- you are *definitely* right about making DD shape up on the housework front. Both my kids do about one easy chore a day at the moment, and neither of them cook. She's off to college in a year and boy is she going to get a shock.
    @Lori -- hanging your laundry outside is the *best* way to dry it. Solar and wind power all the way! Most people line dry in the UK. It's going to be a long, long time before I have a lap. I can only use my iPad on my lap if I'm sitting with my feet up. And YAY for having less than 100 pounds to lose, what a great feeling!
    @iahmed -- welcome! Plateaus are such a pain; sometimes you just need to be super-focused on the exact weights of everything, and mix your exercise choices up a bit. Why did you switch from MyNetDiary to MFP? I don't think I could ever switch to a different tracker now because of this thread!
    @Karen -- I don't think the odd day that's off-macros matters, and being *just* inside target is fine!
    @Laurie -- chatting with friends at the gym is the best, isn't it? It just makes the time fly by.
    @Marsha -- it's funny what people choose to photograph on holiday, isn't it? And I derailed last time because I couldn't really cope with my MFP target going below 1400 calories. Exercise definitely makes it easier though.
    @Soosun -- I occasionally get a leg cramp in the night and I know it's often caused by not getting enough potassium. I love all the potassium-rich foods on your list so maybe that's my body telling me something? I think 2lb a week targets are probably fine for people who have a huge amount to lose, but I find them too harsh; I get downhearted and start to comfort eat.
    @Amy -- I've tried not logging and it doesn't work for me... so I came back to logging. I reckon if it works the little time spent is a small price.
    @Tanya -- It must be hard having to drive straight after physio. Does the physiotherapist give you exercises to do at home as well?
    @FeraFilia -- love the new haircut!
    @Toots -- Monday confession -- I never, ever learnt not to put metal implements into the toaster. I still do it to fish out potato cakes and bagels. Yes I know it's a major cause of electrocutions #yolo
    @Niki -- I find I'm ok at between 1400 and 1500 calories. When MFP drops me below 1400 I start to really struggle and this time I might just decide that 1400 is a good place to stay for me. 1800 could easily be a bit high unless you're getting exercise in every day. I feel like everyone on this list are my weight-loss buddies -- I do have an MFP friends list as well but most of those people are my real-life friends or people who asked for people to friend them and support them. Day One is a diary program for Mac (and also iPhone and iPad -- I like to get things that sync with all my gadgets so it doesn't matter which I'm using). I'm sure there's lots of others but this one is quite elegant and easy to use. They keep promising automatic import from social networks, but it never happens -- I think it's a *hard* problem. So i just cut and paste from wherever else I'm writing into the diary each day. I went back and grabbed all my posts I could find from the past, to Usenet newsgroups (who else remembers Usenet) and blogs and things, so there's thousands of entries stored now.
    @kcsillag -- Welcome! It *does not matter* how long it takes -- and you'll start to feel much better way before the end of the journey.
    @Morgori -- I definitely celebrated National Vodka Day this weekend, oh yes. My friend makes infusions of vodka -- this time we had fresh and dried hops, and ginger, and blackberry, and they were all great. The ginger in particular was very dangerous when mixed with fizzy water; it just tasted like a soft drink. ooops...
    @Laurie -- that is such fast swimming! Fantastic!
    @Kaye -- I learnt to make cinnamon rolls and my goodness they are so good. Definitely a "sometimes" food in our house.
    @Nettie -- you are right that my daughter should have her friend round. Hopefully we can make that happen this week sometime. My daughter's so busy at the moment because she has a university entrance exam coming up in November, but she needs some time for fun.
    @Brynncloud -- welcome! Don't think of it as losing 85 pounds and gaining back 40, think of it as losing 45 pounds. What an achievement! And now you can bank that and get right on with tackling the rest.

Welcome to all the newlings! This is such a fantastic thread. I hope everybody has another brilliant week! Whew -- what a long post. I guess I'm trying to avoid the work I should be doing this morning.

-- Alison
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Monday check in: Not so good today. I intended to go swimming first thing this morning before work, but now the mornings are dark and cold, I'm super struggling to get up normal time, let alone earlier for a swim. I may have to speak to my boss and see if I can get in half hour earlier and swim in my lunch break. "But you still have to get up half hour earlier" I hear you ask? Well, this is true. But to have a half hour swim in the morning I will have to get up at 6.30 and leave the house at 7. But to get in to work half an hour earlier I will have to get up at 7 and leave at half 7. That extra 30 mins make all the difference!
    Having typed that out I do feel really lazy now... I could do it in the summer easy peasy, but its something to do with the winter mornings I just can't do it. I've never really been a morning person, maybe once I start swimming during the day and get the bug back I'll be able to get up earlier. Its just that first one that is always a struggle. :yawn:

On another note, I have noticed that my fitbit has started taking calories away from me! I thought that MFP figured out the minimum amount of calories you should be having and if you burn calories, you get more. Didn't really think your fitbit could take it away. I know why, because it was a Sunday and it was a relax day I didn't wear it, so I guess it thought I stayed in bed all day (not true) so, where I am allowed 1600 calories I only had 1400 and went to be feeling a bit peckish. Didn't know if anyone knows of a setting that can be changed?

@ Alison- Thank you, it was a lovely night out and not too food heavy in the end. You had a really packed weekend! Sounds like good fun and lots of dancing! :smile: Congrats on you maintaining!

@ Robin - I suppose 'blob' doesn't sound too amazing, I should have put scoop instead. I think my Nan used to call it a blob and it just stuck. Or, it could just be an English thing :wink:

@Brynn - Welcome to the group! I only joined last Wednesday as I thought it would be a great thing to keep myself on track and keep logging and well as getting support from a sympathetic ear as some people on other threads seem to have lost their compassion as well as weight, but everyone on this group seem to be lovely!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Wahoo. Received a call this morning that my baby furniture is in the store. Brian and my brother will be going this weekend to pick it up. It will have to sit for now in the living room until we are done with the nursery but I am still very excited!

Skinny - I am due 2/2.
    Sorry to hear your MIL will not give up. Sounds like you are in for a stressful road ahead.
    My MIL is causing some drama again. She rushed out as soon as she found out where we registered and bought something for the baby as well as a gift from her BF, mother and sister. Had her BF help her bring everything back to her house and put it in the garage. So sweet and generous of all of them. However these things can never be as simple as that. Since then she has emailed Brian several times complaining over how big and how heavy all they boxes are. (He doesn't respond to her when she gets like that) She also complained about having to go out and buy wrapping paper large enough for all the gifts and wrap them. Instead of asking for help she is demanding he drives 20 minutes out of his way the morning of the shower to pick everything up and cart it to the shower because she "can't be bothered". She said if he doesn't she will return everything to the store and the baby will have nothing. You would think for her first grandchild she would be excited but.....nope not with her. Everything is too much work and too much of a bother for her. Leave it to her to turn something that is supposed to be joyful for us into "too much work" and a "nuisance" for her. I can understand that the boxes are big, bulky and heavy and it would be easier on her if she had help but she should explain that and ask rather than demand and threaten him. Grant me patience I don't snap on her. It's always something with her.

Alison - How exciting about the entrance exam. I hope she does well!

Lois - My Fitbit did that to me too. It was frustrating until I found out the explanation for it. I cannot put into words how to explain why it does that at the moment. It has something to do with how it tracks the days and how active you are during that period of time. If I am not mistaken Kah (Kelley) and Tayna are the ones who explained it to me. Maybe they can explain it again.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Brynncloud - welcome - as Boho Coast said, you are 40 lbs ahead so congrats. Your planning your breakfast and lunch meals are good planning. GrandmaKaye lost all her weight without changing meal times -she cooked for her family from scratch and only reduced her portions - did not exercise until after getting knee surgery - am I correct Kaye? she is good for advice - if you need any.

BohoCoast - do you have a chop-stick laying about - I'd suggest using that for reaching into the toaster instead of a knife - :laugh:

Lois - I struggle with the cold dark winter mornings too - sometimes I program a light in the bedroom to go on 1/2 hour before my alarm - then somehow it tricks me into a better "mood" - no idea if this would help any. Hope you boss agrees to let you swim over the lunch hour - that would be ideal !

JNettie - much sympathy for continued MIL hassles - I'd be tempted to forward your email- anonymously - of course -:glasses: - to her!

Congrats everyone for keeping count of your calories! :drinker:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Yes, Robin, that pretty much sums it up. I am a grazer, so I really have to work constantly on not just sticking stuff in my mouth. I'm always good for advice, and am still looking for the key to breaking this stubborn plateau.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    bump
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bookloverforever
    bookloverforever Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new, got about 80 to 100 lb.s to lose. I'm almost 64 and live in a small town on top of a small mountain. I've been trying to get myself out every morning and walk at the town park for about 45 minutes. the walking trail is not flat (and my huffing and puffing reminds me of that !) Keeping track of everything I eat is a shock to see written down. I am going to try to keep working on all of this...
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Good Evening to all.

@Grammywammy - 4/4 Yowsa, great going

@skinnyjeansbo - MIL, yikes, Mine was a doosie, I'll have to tell you some time. But you sound like you are navigating the rough waters as best you both can. I tried to keep in mind that no matter what I did it was wrong, and went from there.

@Nettie - how exciting for you and the nesting. There are times when I long for those days, cherish every moment.

@Bohemiancoast - Sounds to me like your weekend was worth every calorie

Monday Check in: After logging the lost 2 pounds MFP took away 80 calories. Doesn't sound like much but I want them back! To me it's like they are punishing me for losing weight. Stayed within goal this weekend. Did planned workouts with cutting the resistance WO by 3 exercises. I am sure the trainer will bring that up tomorrow. I do have a pretty busy week ahead of me.

Welcome to the newbies, check in daily it truly does get me through and I am sure it will do the same for you.
    Lori
  • marshalrucker
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Marsha and my daughter does myfitnesspal on her Iphone but since I do not have one, I have opted for my computer. I am knocking on 60 and am 80 to 100 lbs overweight. I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis which makes exercising difficult plus I am a stress eater and love my dr. peppers. I have retired due to my health situation so I am home now all day. I still have very very much stress in my life but I have come to the realization that that is what life is, one stressor after the other. So here I am wanting to get my health in check by eating and exercising and visiting with others that have the same struggle. I am a nighttime eater and of course they are not healthy things I crave.

Just setting the stage so you nice people can encourage me through your experiences and good advise. Hey I am so very open for suggestions. I love food...always have and love to cook. I love people and do not get out like I used to due to my painfulness each every day but please feel free to let me know what you think.

Have a lovely and safe evening and be sure to look at the gorgeous full moon tonight...One of God's many blessings!

Kindly,
    Marsha
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @lori--congrats on the 2 lb loss! :drinker: It's tough when the calories decrease, but try not to think of it as punishment. Instead, think of it as another measure of your progress--your smaller body doesn't need as many calories to thrive. :smile: Regarding the MIL, the really frustrating part of all of it is that she and I had a really good relationship in the past. I've known her for 24 years, and I am the one who would insist the DH and I attend all family get togethers, take her for an occassional lunch, etc. Even over the past few years when she'd become really needy and demanding, I would tell the DH to cut her some slack b/c she's "just lonely." He and his sister shielded me a bit from her controlling, manipulative ways, so I was always more tolerant of her. Only in the past year, have I learned the truth about her. :cry:

@nettie--sorry you are dealing with MIL drama as well. You really shouldn't have to put up with that--this should be a joyous time and it stinks that she is putting a damper on things for you and Brian. :flowerforyou:

@lois--I'm also not a ornign person ,s oI plan my workouts for the afternoon. It's sometimes hard to make myself go to the gym after a day at work, but still much easier for me than going in the morning. :yawn:

@alison--yeah, I'm not overly concerned with macros in general, but I haven't been great w/the protein intake in general. I made my 100g minimum today though, so that's something. Sounds like you had a great weekend of travel and friends. :drinker:

@robin--what about a cute doggie halloween costume for you sister? Dogs love that kind of stuff. :devil: :laugh: :devil: :laugh:

Welcome to all of the newlings! :flowerforyou:

Monday Check-in:
    Long day due to a negotiations meeting that went past 5:30. We are in the last year of our contract, so will need to bargain this spring. I've served on the contract language committee for the past several years, but I've never been on the actual bargaining team. One of my fellow English teachers has done it twice and wants to bow out this time around. She asked me if I would take her place if the union president asks me to. It is a thankless, time-consuming task, and I don't really want to do it. However, there are only 4 of us from the HS on the language committee, so one of us needs to accept the job if we want to be represented at the bargaining table. As the only other English teacher (and hence, someone who's good with words), I'm the most pracitical choice to help with the contract language. Ugh.

MIL had DH's brother call to see if he's getting her messages. Not sure if that's meant to imply that she thinks I would keep them from him. DH talked to his brother to let him know that he has indeed received her messages, but he did not return his mother's calls. I'm not advising him on the matter.

Made my protein goal and still within 100 calories of allowance. :smile:

Grading Goals:
    2. 60/60 punctuation/ style quizzes DONE
    3. 15/67 AP journals

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--5k DONE + gym DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--walk gunner

October Challenge:
    Days under calories = 5/6
    Days >100g of protein = 2/5
  • brynncloud
    Options
    Thank you for the response of support and encouragement...Yesterday was the start back in the fight to lose!
    I am keeping track in my daily food log which helped me in the first month when losing 85 pounds in about 10 months. It was (is) about getting out of the old habit and getting into a better habit. My goal this week is to just log each meal, and most importantly plan all my meals and activities for the weekend on Thursday evening so I don't fall into the weekend slump.
    Best wishes to all that they have a successful week.
    Jamie.