Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    :)
    NATIONAL EMERGENCY NURSES DAYerN_zps471ec0e3.jpg[/img]
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Boy, is this frustrating! I want my ticker back, and am I going to be able to find this when I come back? It took me forever to find it this morning. What do they think they are doing?!?!? On track and doing okay. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    This new format is awful. I know change can be difficult, but seriously this is not good. I'm all for the idea of now using our phones in the communities, but this is not easy. Where are the dates? I used that to help keep track of where I left off. Plus, it was so much easier to find where you left off too. This is going to take some time getting use too that's for sure.

Wednesday Wish: All is good. I could say all the normal stuff like lose 100 lbs by tomorrow, win the lottery, find a boyfriend, etc. . . but none of that is realistic or happening overnight. LOL!! Boot camp is going really well. I'm down 26 lbs. We're in our final 2 weeks of this challenge, but I'm going to go into the next 6-week challenge and just keep going. It's kicking my butt, but my heart rate is way up there and sweating like a pig!!!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,086 Member
    Options
    Just had to find everyone!!! ;)
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI - There is a star next to the thread title. If you click it, it will book mark the thread. You'll get notifications when someone posts (at the bottom of your page) and at the top right of the main message boards if you click the star, you will see a list of bookmarked threads. (I just discovered this!)
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Wow, I don't think I like this new format at all. I did see a thread where lots of people are complaining about this and that so maybe the powers that be will fix things.

Anyway, hello everyone!! :) I have been super busy working and getting ready for my trip to Florida. I went to Khols yesterday and tried on like 20 pairs of jeans until I found one that didn't make me feel like a beached whale. I so look forward to the day when clothes shopping doesn't destroy my self-esteem. Uggghhh!!! :#

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    HAH! Thought you could hide! I found you guys again!

(This new format is a PitA to navigate, at least until I get used to it)

It's also TINY print, I had to up the web page size to 150%....
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Oooh wow! The new format IS weird! I want to press all of the buttons to see what happens... lucky for you all, I will read the instructions, so that I don't accidentally "flag" one of your posts as inappropriate. ;)

Soooo Wednesday Wish: I wish that I would stop craving sweets and salty goodness long enough so that I can stop craving sweets and salty goodness for the long haul. It is a lot to wish for, so I shall work on my self control.

I am training for The Big Climb Seattle- 2015. I have until the end of March to become the type of person who can climb 69 flights of stairs and not die (or want to die). I have asthma, and then there is the hip thing.. but I really believe I can do this if I put the work in. Nobody has called me crazy for wanting to do this... yet. :) It's going to take a lot of work, but I believe with a solid timeline/ deadline, I can make it work. It's only for 5 months, that I *have* to make these changes... right? ;) (then maybe the changes will stick).
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Wow a girl misses a few weeks and everything goes nutty. It took a bit of work finding you guys but I persevered :D Hopefully my life will now be back to normal. In a three week period I went to vegas, my sil passed away so went out of town for her funeral. We werent close but had to be there for the family and got home from that to find out my oldest needed surgery. Got that taken care of yesterday and everything looks good with her and now hopefully she will start feeling better overall. Hubby got pretty much no time to just rest and relax which sucks but he is now back off to work and hopefully my life is going to calm back down to the normal and boring I truly do love. Well You all got completely away from me so I hope you are all doing well and look forward to catching back up with you. Have a great day everyone.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the bookmark clue. Now if we can just get our tickers back!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    This is definitely a strange format, I’m sure they’ll be making improvements along the way. I read tickers will be back soon. The emoji is kind of fun to play around with though! :lol:

@Tammy~I’m sorry to hear about your SIL. :cry: What a whirlwind the last few weeks has been for you, glad your daughter is okay.

@Nicole~You can do it! Just pace yourself with the training and you’ll do great! I’m sorry you can’t kick the sweet and salty snack habit—I crave them when I’m sleep deprived or stressed out. Have you looked for a healthier alternative, that way you can still have them. Or plan for them—maybe if you allow yourself to indulge in them periodically it will be easier to stay away. :cookie::wink:

@Susan~I’m so glad boot camp has worked out well for you and you found something you enjoy (sort of anyway :wink:). Woo Hoo on 26# gone during this challenge, you rock! :smiley:

AFM~Not much to report. Life has been busy—work has been hectic with current projects ending and new ones beginning, plus I was heavily involved with the planning of the annual National Night Out (crime prevention) for my neighborhood (it was last night). Vacation is in 9-days, so looking forward to the down time and some extra rest. :heart_eyes: I started seeing a new chiropractor this week, he has a massage therapist on staff too so it’s nice that massage is a regular part of that session (doesn’t hurt that insurance covers it either)! Its bit of a drive (about 30 minutes in traffic from my house) but so far it’s worth it—a client of my trainer recommended him, he helps to keep athletes and recreational sports enthusiasts conditioned and prevent injuries. With my continued Achilles issue, plus other issues that crop up (including my thumb that still doesn’t have full range of motion back) I decided to give him a try. So far so good, I’m seeing him every other day leading up to vacation so actual cardio is a sparse right now--getting in sessions with my trainer though. :sweat_smile:

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Oh! I should have mentioned (here) earlier! I did post a thread in the successes, but I should post here, too.

When I first started trying to lose weight back in May (on Mother's day!) I set a goal for myself to lose 50 pounds before my birthday.

Well, my birthday is tomorrow, and this morning the scale finally showed me a 50 pound loss. So I met my goal! :grinning:
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    Walked for an hour today up and down hills. Beautiful day, and so far under calories for 7/8 days. Whoopee, it is getting better and going well.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Trying a picture test

Hockey starts tonight
    Cool now you can add pictures without an internet host! :D
  • chulisGonzalez
    chulisGonzalez Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @FeraFilia Congratulations! You must be so proud of your accomplishment!

Wish Wednesday: Wish I could go on without bread! But I can't, especially if its Mexican sweet bread or the freshly made bolillo rolls. Mouth just watered :p

Besides not buying bread (which is impossible because of my hubby), how would I go on about controlling those.urges? It's also hard when he eats something in front of me because then I want some! What can I do? Just go.lock myself in my room or what? Help.please
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Okay, so for those who don't know how to get back here easily--scroll all the way up to where it says "Message Boards: Motivation and Support." Now look to the right of that and there's a bell, a star, and a little cogwheel. See it? Click on the star and you will bookmark this thread. Then to get back here, click on the star from the "Community" page. :D

Oh, and if you want the font to be bigger, just hold "control" and tap the "+" key until it's the size you'd like. To make it smaller again, hold "control" and tap the "-" key.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

Wish Wednesday: Wish I could go on without bread! But I can't, especially if its Mexican sweet bread or the freshly made bolillo rolls. Mouth just watered :p

Besides not buying bread (which is impossible because of my hubby), how would I go on about controlling those.urges? It's also hard when he eats something in front of me because then I want some! What can I do? Just go.lock myself in my room or what? Help.please

The best thing I can advise when it comes to foods you feel you shouldn't be eating is to eat them, but in smaller portions. There are several thread members here than can attest to not changing the way they prepare meals or quit keeping certain foods in the house--its hard when you have a family that has no intention of changing their eating habits. Remember its a lifestyle change and removing foods that you enjoy will ultimately lead to not sticking with it. Instead, if you want something your husband is eating have it but maybe just a bite or two. Have sweet bread, only maybe half the portion you would have had before. You'll be surprised how making small changes like that can make a huge difference. Its important to create a MFP lifestyle that is sustainable for the long haul, so make it work for you--its hard at first, but eventually it becomes easier.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    kah68 wrote: »

The best thing I can advise when it comes to foods you feel you shouldn't be eating is to eat them, but in smaller portions. There are several thread members here than can attest to not changing the way they prepare meals or quit keeping certain foods in the house--its hard when you have a family that has no intention of changing their eating habits. Remember its a lifestyle change and removing foods that you enjoy will ultimately lead to not sticking with it. Instead, if you want something your husband is eating have it but maybe just a bite or two. Have sweet bread, only maybe half the portion you would have had before. You'll be surprised how making small changes like that can make a huge difference. Its important to create a MFP lifestyle that is sustainable for the long haul, so make it work for you--its hard at first, but eventually it becomes easier.

I saw someone on Dr. Oz show sometime back that said they eat anything and everything they want ... but limit it to 5 bites ... worked for them, and they admitted that some of those bites were pretty big ... but still they kept it down to 5.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    3940726.png

I really do not like this new format, I am finding it confusing.

Fera- Congrats on your loss. Keep up the hard work.

No time for personals tonight, still have papers to grade.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Ticker- click on your picture, ticker setting and copy the code for the BBC then paste it into the response box.

Attempting to load some pictures. They are old pictures of me and good for progress reminders.