Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to get used to this new forum and I don't much care for it at all. I love how clean and easy the original was. Gosh I hate change when it's not beneficial to me!!!! :s

My Thursday truth: I'm beginning to wonder if I will ever have control over my eating. It sure is easy when there is no temptation, but temptation is exactly what I have to learn how to control. I'm nervous about blowing my progress during my five days away from home. I do like the 5 bite rule and just might see if I can incorporate that into my trip to Florida. :)
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. I hope you are all having a great day. I have been getting some much needed cleaning done and some grocery shopping thrown in. Right now I am working on making homemade marinara with tomatoes from my garden. I am pretty excited to see how it turns out. I went out to lunch today with my sil and my daughter. Didnt use to many of my calories though since the food wasnt very good. Oh well what can you do.
    Lets see Thursday truth....I have been really slacking on the exercise front. I have found several workouts I can do that will start getting me back in shape but I keep puttin it off or making excuses. I did a small workout today so hopefully it will be the start of some better habits.
    FeraFilia congrats on the weight loss. Thats a huge accomplishment.
    Well got to get back to work. Have a great day everyone. <3<3
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi Guys!

@teresa--I agree that change is much easier to swallow when it benefits me. ;)

@fera--happy birthday!! and congrats on reaching your 50 lb milestone!! (*)

@tammy--hope the marinara turns out good!

@aimee-click on the star towards the upper right--it will bookmark the thread for you.

@kelley--thanks about the pics! We really had a great time!

@lois--I got tendonitis in my Achilles when I was ateen and had to be in a hard cast for 6 weeks. Of course that was back before the "boots" orthos now have as an option to immobilize a foot/ankle. You may also need something to immobilize and protect the tendon in order for it to heal properly.

Thursday Truth:
    I don't really have anything to fess up, but I"m still not back 100% to the gym. Yesterday I was just tired and my shoulder seems to be getting worse, rather than better. Not only is my shoulder tight, but the pain and stiffness seems to be spreading up toward my neck and sometimes all the way down my forearm. I may need to bite the bullet and make an appt. with the doc. I'm not opposed to going, but I just don't have any time.

Grading Goals:
    1. 3/14 AP analysis activities
    2. 53/67 AP journals

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--5k DONE + gym DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Mon-- rest day (late meeting)
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Fri--rest day (dinner plans)

October Challenge:
    Days under calories = 6/8
    Days >100g of protein = 4/8

Here's another pic of laurie, susan, and me at the finish line of the T2T race. The stanger who took out pic also included her finger. :s
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    At least I found my way back and realized that the book mark put on the page where I left off so that might be helpful.

Truth- I spent a couple of hours at school tonight finishing up grading the unit test so they are done. This was after having another day of meetings then kids after school to do make up work. So by the time I was done, I decided to take a me night and get my nails done. The old polish had to come off anyway. It was nice to relax for the evening.

I will catch up on personals later.

Skinny- can you email those pictures I can't download them from my text messages. :)

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I just figured out that if you click on the jpg name in the little gray box below the picture, it will open up a larger version that's easier to see.

@laurie--you should be able to save the picture from the above action, but if it doesn't work I can email them to you.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Love the pictures of T2T.
    FeraFilla, congratulations on making your goal.
    I have another day under calories. I have really had the munchies today, though. Everything I ate was not a good choice.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • chulisGonzalez
    chulisGonzalez Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @Lois_1989 Yes! That open sandwich idea is pretty good. I'll be trying it soon, it should be just as awesome only less bread :p

@Bohemian Coast...Yes! Well worth the weight gain but it's a b**ch trying to lose it. You are right, I shouldn't deprive myself of the foods I love, then it'll be worse that's when all the bingeing and guilt trips begin. I'm so glad I found this thread! I don't know how I went so long without it <3 Ps what's Sorrel.

@kah68 I should really start buying the WW desserts. I actually used to buy them and they were so yummy and would satisfy my sweets cravings, also the skinny cow ice cream! So good, will be on my next shopping trip.

@jtconst....I bet it tastes better than store bought!

THursday Truth----So I tried eggplant for the very first time! I made "eggplant pizza" which was delicious. The only bad part was that I ate the whole damn thing! I didn't feel guilty, mostly because I didn't go over calories, but I'm beginning to see that my main problem is portion control! Next time, after finishing my first serving I'll drink lots of water, wash my plate, and brush my teeth. I'll see if that works out for me. Also I'm going to start cutting and putting veggies in containers for easier access, that'll save me SO much time and frustration.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @chulisGonzalez - I pretend it's a mini pizza :blush:

Sooo... where we at? Friday Fitness. I must say, I really enjoyed my swim yesterday. I went at 1pm and it was empty! 2 other people, and I had a lane to myself it was friggin amazing! I could go as fast or slow as I liked. Every time I go swimming I always think of a little saying I saw somewhere "Swim like there is something in there with you" and I go all goosepimpley and I do! I actually got out of breath at one point. I will certainly be going back at the same time!

It seems as though either my doctor isn't taking my Achilles seriously or its the NHS being cheap and they don't want me to have a boot. I'll go back to my doctors and hobble in, maybe scream if she pokes it... although I have to admit, it feels better after swimming.

So, at the end of yesterday I still had 600 calories to eat... is it ok to leave that much? I got 300 or so extra from the swim but I didn't really want to use that as an excuse to eat junk. I thought about it. There are cakes and icecream about the house but I kind of felt that it would defeat the point if I ate 600 calories worth of junk.

@chulisGonzalez - I've never tried eggplant, although I have a sneaky feeling it might be called something different in the UK. Its like zucchini, I think that is courgette over here. Might be worth a try...

@kah68 - funnily enough I do have a foam roller, only because my boyfriend has Patellar Tendinitis (something to do with a tendon that goes from the hip to the knee), so I'll have to give that a go. I never thought about it being something to do with calf muscles. This might seem like a silly question, but would going on tip-toes a lot cause this? Because I spent a week passing things up to someone on top of a ladder and I've only just connected the two. I was told it was my shoes, but I've gone through every pair of shoe an it gets neither better or worse. I hope yours feels better soon. :smile:

October challenge: 9/10

Happy Friday!! weekend tomorrow, yay!
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    Friday Fitness - still walking an hour each day, although yesterday I did alot of shopping walking so only did 35 minutes in the evening. Still doing my 28 day squat challenge. It is my last week and then I move onto the intermediate challenge. I have to say I am enjoying the 'challenge' of doing them every day, or rather five days a week the way it is set up. Not doing anything for the tummy yet, seems too overwhelming. But I have promised my self that when I drop three more lbs and there is less of me they might become easier, but it has been a wonderful week food wise. Upped calories from 1200 to 1400 and feel much better physically and emotionlly. It will be intersting to see if I lose any weight when I weigh in on Tuesday and do measurements. Slowly but surely.
    Great to see so many positive thoughts and actions revealed on this site. Inspiring to me.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Friday fitness -- no, I am doing terribly. I really want to get this sorted but the weather's been a bit random.

@Lois_1989 -- Lois, I'm in Walthamstow, sitting bemused in my tatty terrace as the place visibly gentrifies around me. Did the doctor refer you for physiotherapy? If not it is definitely time to go back. I find on big exercise days I'm never so very hungry, and always have loads of calories left over -- and then the following day I'm really hungry. So I tend to shift a few over to the next day. Eggplant is the US name for aubergine.
    @kah68 -- Kelley, I think you might be onto something with that 'not tasting something after three bites'. I'm sure it's what my mum used to say when I wouldn't eat up my Brussels sprouts. I love them now!
    @cblue315 -- Lori, well done on losing! I know it's disappointing when it's just a little bit but think of a stick of lard that you're not carrying around this week.
    @soosun -- so good to hear you're feeling better and that you've kept up with the squat challenge.
    @NK1112 -- Niki, so, yesterday I cleaned out the spice drawer and made sure that everything was in-date and labelled and made notes of what we need to go and buy. It was an urgent task cos it had got into a terrible mess. And I tidied up a chunk of kitchen counter and put loads of things away that had sort of migrated there. And one of the reasons I like this thread is that I can go on and on and on about everything I'm doing for diet and health and I don't have to bore my family with it quite so much.
    @aimeemarie150 -- new forum. You now have to click on the little star in the top right of the page to save the thread as one of your favourites.
    @FeraFilia -- hope you had a lovely pizza for your birthday.
    @Teresa_3266 -- I'm sure we'll get used to the new forum in time, though I really miss everyone's trackers. Holidays are hard, especially if they're to places that are known for fantastic food.
    @jtconst -- Tammy, I think all pasta sauces are really enhanced by using fresh or home-grown tomatoes. I got a load of yellow tomatoes from a friend's allotment the other day and I'm working through them all now.
    @skinnyjeanzbound -- I love the pic even with the finger!
    @chulisGonzalez -- sorrel is a wild herb a bit like a more lemony spinach. It's a perennial, and it grows like a weed so is good even for the not-very-green-fingered. I find the first couple of weeks are the hardest for portion control and feeling hungry -- after a bit you get used to the fact that your portions are a bit smaller. But if you didn't go over your calories then maybe eating the whole thing is just fine and what you need to do.

October logging and counting -- 7/10 so far. I mentioned Jamie Oliver yesterday so now we can link I want to link to his healthy living tips because they are awesome and I agree with everyone of them.

Yesterday's Green Smoothie was brown -- choc banana cauliflower milkshake. Next time I'll do this with either cocoa or melted dark chocolate and dates rather than super sugary instant hot choc powder. Right. 150g cooked cauliflower (3 large florets), 100g banana, 100ml milk, 15g instant hot choc powder. Today's is going to have to wait till I go to the market and get some fresh fruit and veg because we're nearly all out.

And we're nearly at the weekend! Tomorrow we're dancing at King Harold Day , a medieval fair in Waltham Abbey, where King Harold is (probably) buried. Hope you're all doing something fun and active this weekend!

-- Alison

14568673.png

• hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    October is killing me you guys. I was invited to enter a two-year clinical leadership formation program at work, so that's exciting but scary to think I could be doing my lab coordinator's job some day.
    Our urgent care site is going through some major work flow changes which is a challenge for everyone. Lots of personalities coming out!
    My home building is going to be updated and we will be merging with a few other nearby buildings....big changes coming and will be complete by 2017. The next couple years will be more exciting/scary changes.
    Also, still short-staffed and dealing with scheduling issues and a series of terrible, no-good, very bad interviews. Where are all the decent, hard-working, intelligent candidates?

Oh, and MFP completely overhauled the forums which I have not been checking into for a week. Ugh. More change. More homework for me as I figure out how to navigate.

And, I've basically given up on exercise....was supposed to meet my buddy for a workout yesterday morning, but had to cancel when I was called into work because of a sick call. Sigh. We're going to go for a walk tonight!!! I will! I must!

Yes, and when I'm stressed, I love to eat. A ridiculously inappropriate amount. Have to get that turned around for the rest of this month!

OCTOBER GOALS:
    Complete an Honest Food Diary 30/30 days: 8/30
    Within 100 Calories of Daily Goal 20/30 days: 2/30
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Testing

33537289.png
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Still dislike this new format...... a lot. Loved the pictures of the T2T. Looks like you all had a grand time!

It's been a crazy busy week at work. Last weekend I had a fabulous trip to Boston and New Hampshire with my oldest daughter to visit my youngest daughter. We went to Salem and walked around in the rain (kinda fitting given the history of that town). We saw The House of the Seven Gables that Nathaniel Hawthorne based his book on and went to the Peabody Essex Museum. It has a fabulous collection of maritime art and an 8000 SF Japanese house that's been reconstructed on site. It's a great museum if you're ever in the area.

We then went on to New Hampshire, spent the night at a cool inn and went apple picking the next day. The weather was perfect and the hot from the fryer apple cider donuts were heaven. Glad I don't live near any apple orchards.

Found out that youngest daughter and her live in boyfriend may get engaged sooner than expected. We knew it was coming, but his grandmother is battling terminal cancer and they may push up the engagement so she can be part of the celebration.

Today we have some very good friends arriving from Nashville. Since they're driving to Charlotte (a 6 hour trip), I'm actually breaking out the pots and pans and cooking dinner. Cheese board to start (with wine of course), a chopped autum salad with pears, craisins, praline pecans and Gorgonzola cheese, pork chops with apples and onions in a brown sugar/Apple cider sauce over polenta and a pumpkin crunch cake with fresh whipped cream for dessert. I know you're all surprised I can cook given my reliance on prepared foods.

The calorie count for today will be terrible, but there's nothing wrong with a terrible, awful, no good, very bad day now and then!

Have a wonderful weekend!
  • MrsMorgori
    MrsMorgori Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    T.G.I.F. Looking forward to the weekend! Have a Great Day Everybody :)
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Good morning.

Happy World Egg Day (2nd Friday)
    The World Egg Day campaign is held each year on the second Friday in October. Many egg associations and egg marketing companies around the world already take advantage of World Egg Day. Planning part of your promotional campaign and organising promotional events to coincide with World Egg Day can help gain increased media exposure, through being part of an international event.
    The American Egg Board in the USA will be distributing a Media Fact Sheet ahead of World Egg Day and is also planning major social media outreach; leading up to World Egg Day, the 'Incredible Adventurer Egg' (an egg decorated to look like Indiana Jones) will be traveling the world sharing global egg facts and Incredible Egg ethnic recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. On World Egg Day, Twitter users will also be encouraged to enter a contest (#MyWorldEggDay) by answering a series of egg questions and posting photos / videos of themselves eating eggs or cooking egg dishes for a chance to win a travel gift certificate.
    “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” ~Fredrick Koeing

Amy do you have any plans for the weekend? What do you want to do?

Tom
    11857432.png
  • chulisGonzalez
    chulisGonzalez Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Friday! Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Lois_1989~Absolutely, you may have strained your calf muscle by standing on your tip-toes. Shoes can affect it too, especially running shoes—once they break down they don’t provide the cushioning and support they used to. So it important to replace them regularly.

@L2T~Your trip sounded great! Menu for tonight sounds delish, enjoy!

AFM~Not much to report. My to-do list for the weekend is growing exponentially—session with trainer tonight, hair appt for color/cut tomorrow, plus get housework caught up, etc. Need to get suitcases out this weekend (give Zoe time to sulk :wink:) and start getting things together for vacation. I’m already stressed thinking about my crazy schedule after work next week—bet the first thing I do when I get on the ship at the end of the week is nap! :lol:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - gosh this is great - don't understand why we are using this old thread but until I find what happened to the most current one I will direct members here.
    - Talk again soon
    - Kah so excited for your upcoming trip. I under stand your kitteh so well!
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    RobinsEgg wrote: »
    Hello everyone - gosh this is great - don't understand why we are using this old thread but until I find what happened to the most current one I will direct members here.
    - Talk again soon

Ellen, I think the thread pages all got lumped together because I am posting this reply on page 587. I didn't make any posts on 10/6 as I was gone all day and on 10/7 the system was not available because of the change over to new community pages. I wondered if anything was lost, but do know that the post I made on 10/5 was there on page 584 when I was able to get back in.
    Niki
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I read we don't have to 'bump' anymore to save the pages.