Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    skinny- Thanks for the tip, I think I was able to save the picture.

Robin it looks like the 20 page limit has been lifted and it is now an on-going thread with no end point. The first post on page 1 tell the date when the thread was started. It also tells you how many posts since your last post, which is nice.

Weekend plans include a Harvest festival tomorrow, praying that the rain ends quickly and it is only showers tonight. The festival goes on rain or shine so praying for the weather to clear. Sunday plans are weather dependent either a bike ride if nice or a swim if rainy. Plenty of papers to grade.

Well, I finally sent an email to the guy I want to date or at least just out with to see how it works. I gave him four options in a multiple choice format- Pick the best option. I will see what happens. The options included lunch next Friday (no kids in school just a work day so time to go out for lunch), Navy foot ball game, biking or kayaking, coffee or a movie and finally his choice. I will see if he responds while wishing for a happy ending.

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation Laurie - I hope more people find their way here. I do like some of the changes, but I am a sad puppy in losing some of my old pix from my home page - -sigh - but lets soldier on - changes are always good somehow.
    - I like your multiple choice offer to your friend ...wish you your happy ending, you have so much to offer. Thought today, how teachers should be honored every bit as much as the military is. Reflected upon this after listening to Malala talk today after learning she had won the Peace Price (along with another advocate for children from Pakistan, sorry I do not remember his name, I do salute him as well.) Her speech -her wording, as always, was exceptional. ""One child, one book, one teacher - these three can change the world." I believe this is what she said.
    - The pic I pasted upside down is myself on the right, my oldest sister in the middle who lives in Las Vegas, visiting Omaha, and my sweet sister Moey (Maureen) on the left. We are laughing and covering our distinct sisterly and inherited feature - our turkey necks - with our hands. We all decided this was our most attractive photo - :D I noticed if I click on the photo then it enlarges and turns right side up. Try it!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    OCTOBER CHALLENGE:

WATCH YOUR CALORIES MONTH! Goal is to Track Your Calories…. i.e. Track the Number of Days you are under your Calorie Goal. (if you’re within 100 cal. you’re within your goal.)

If you don’t want to do that, INSTEAD, THE OPTION IS TO TRACK SOMETHING YOU CHOOSE: i.e, if you choose, personalize the Challenge by counting your macros or protein, salt, or sugars/carbs intake for the month.. If this doesn’t trip your trigger, you can count your walks or just about anything. But keep records!

It’s a great challenge in that you will certainly pay attention to the bottom line: Calories In must be less than calories out to lose weight. Hard to practice but a great month to be active.

You are Responsible for tracking and Posting your Progress on the thread. Please post your progress weekly. You may include LivesToTravels definition of bad days: Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days:!!
    ********************************************************************************************
    You can start late if you are just joining the thread - welcome any newbies!

Hey - I love that all the old thread are linked up and here - its a walk down memory lane for me - and no more posting warnings about a roll-over happening - whew!
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    Walked 75 minutes this morning, ate well all day, lunch at the cheese cake factory and ate from the skinny licious menu and it was superb and much more real serving sizes. Went 11 calories over my 1400 limit but we do allow 100 over and still ok? Am in my last week of beginner squat challenge. Will begin the intermediate challenge when the next 7 days are over. I am getting better at the challenge and excited to move forward in this user friendly challenge. Curious to see if my weight drops any by Tuesday with my 1400 calorie limit. One lbs would be great. Have a great day or weekend.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Well, I think that today counts as a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. We got in our morning walk, and things went pretty good until dinner. I made deli-style sandwiches for dinner. Then we went to Payette to see our grandkids. Our grandson is the drum major for the HS marching band and one of his sisters is in the band. They did the half time show at the football game. It was great, but no evening walk. Then we took them to Arctic Circle for treats. I should have skipped the treat but I didn't. Well, tomorrow is another day.
    Robin, I loved the picture of you with your sisters. It made me laugh because if I could afford plastic surgery, I would have my 'turkey wattle' removed. Mine is actually lop-sided.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    I'm so late to the game.....I spent an hour sending out messages to help folks find their way here instead of checking to see first who had already found their way here, so, forgive me for not checking first, @bohemian coast and @skinnyjeansbound, and any others....now I am catching up on recent posts finally so see who may have lost their way like I did....
    I have to learn all the short-cuts still as well!
    My only excuse is I have been terribly busy these past several days. I started PT for my back here at home VNA is furnishing that as well. Its actually quite uncomfortable but helpful just the same. I learned I was twisting to much and must s-l-o-w way down as I go thru my daily chores....frustrating but will help, they promise. Must do PT exercises 3 x day. Tires me out!
    Seeing my sister from Las Vegas required a great deal of prep. She's never been to my place and we were somewhat estranged - we've seen each other and have always been pleasant - but quite distant due to some long-ago problems. I anticipated this with great joy - hoping to have an emotional reunification. I worked to tidy up my place as it was - as Boho used the word - Chaos -but got much accomplished.
    I had some precious momento's of my dads I wanted to give her since she has 3grown children. When she arrived it was with warm greetings and we had a good discussion. I brought out the momentos and she was excited to go through each one. It included 4 items, each similar -1 was my dads, 1 was his fathers, 1 was his grandfathers, 1 was his great-grandfathers. They were rosary beads. Dad kept them together in a pouch in his pocket every day of his life. By chance, they ended up with me. She was overjoyed that I had them and wanted her to to pass them on. We spoke and imagined one of these fore-bears coming from Ireland with one of these iconic items in HIS pocket.
    It was all-in-all quite a moving day. But, in the end, I asked for her e-mail address, and she gave me a secondary one, not the one my other sister uses (I knew what that one was)- and she replied -"dont be upset - I won't ever answer-I just don't email anymore -I just text". My other sister's eyebrow's shot up and she was about to say something - but I shook my head at her - in a no gesture - and I interjected , changed the subject and pretty soon she made her excuses and left.
    I'm still glad I gave her the rosaries for her children - probably her eldest son. It was a good decision.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.
    I have to tell you that this thread has been a great help to me. I check it every morning along with my emails.

@Robin - Great story about the rosary beads. I love this kind of family story. We all have them, it is so good that you have passed it on.

@Soosun - You go girl. Your determination is so inspiring.

@LaurieK - I have goosebumps thinking about your "guy" I hope for a happy ending as well.

AFM - Never made it to the "Taste Of" event the other night. Hubby and I had a huge fight and I ended up going for a bike ride instead. Ate when I got home and stayed under calories for the day. Tensions are still running high at this point.

I had excellent workouts this week. I stayed at or below calories for the whole week. The October challenge has me working my food plan every day.

On Dec. 26th 2011 I weighed 297 pounds. I would like to get to 197 by this Christmas. That is 35 pounds. With my support staff (all of you, my trainer and my group fitness class) I will get there. So this is a small goal on my way to the July triathlon.

Love to all B)
    Lori
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Ah... found you guys again... :)
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all ...
    Looking back on this thread I realize that I forgot to "post reply" on my Friday results, guess I'll just catch up now.

Friday-Fitness ... since I have been a complete couch potato for the past 2 years I have to start all over again in building up my stamina so I've gone back to what I did way-way back, Calisthenics of the sort the teachers had us do at our desks in grade school ... toe-touches, walking in place, arm raises ... and I added a couple of new routines I learned in PT ... squats (modified at this point), and stand-up planks. I started doing 1 set of 12-15 reps each and am up now to 2 sets of 20 each ... except for the walking in place ... that is step counting and I started at 50 and now can do 100 in a set. Makes me feel good and and hot and breathless just from that ... but also increases my energy for several hours after.

Saturday - Success ... it's got to be what I described about Fitness ... being able to have doubled my sets and increased my reps of the basic calisthenics I've been doing .... however, I also don't think I would be doing them if I didn't make that 'attendance form' when I can just check off the items I'm trying to achieve daily ... little baby steps but each one moves me forward just a bit.

October Challenge 6/10

Enjoy your weekend everyone
    Niki
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy NATIONAL SAUSAGE PIZZA DAY

October 11 of each year celebrates National Sausage Pizza Day, a food holiday that pizza lovers enjoy across the country.
    • In ancient Greece, the Greeks covered their bread with oils, herbs and cheese which some believe is the beginning of the “pizza”.
    • In Byzantine Greek, the word was spelled “πίτα”, pita, meaning pie.
    • A sheet of dough topped with cheese and honey, then flavored with bay leaves was developed by the Romans.
    • The modern pizza had it’s beginning in Italy as the Neapolitan flatbread.
    • The original pizza used only mozzarella cheese, mainly the highest quality buffalo mozzarella variant which was produced in the surroundings of Naples.
    • It was estimated that the annual production of pizza cheese in the United States in 1997 was 2 billion pounds.
    • The first United States pizza establishment opened in 1905 was in New York’s Little Italy.
    • Pizza has become one of America’s favorite meals.
    Today, if your pizza is thin crust, hand tossed, thick crust or deep dish, top it with delicious Italian sausage and celebrate National Sausage Pizza Day.
    Enjoy these “tried and true” sausage pizza recipes:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/onion-and-sausage-pizza/

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/chicago-deep-dish-sausage-pizza/2e54205d-0b0d-45d8-96ca-d326431a058c

“We must be the change we wish to see in the world.” ~Mahatma Gandhi

Tom
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Laurie~Kudos to you for taking the initiative with a guy, I hope it has a happy ending as well. Hope the weather holds out for you today!

@Soosun~I :heart_eyes: the skinny menu at cheesecake factory—love the Mexican salad they have, one of my faves!

Just a quick couple of personals, I need to get out the door. First up is my city is having their annual shredding and electronic recycling day, have shredding to drop off. Then bank and hair appointment—45 minute drive there, oh the things we do for beauty! :lol: This afternoon I have a few errands to run and then I hope to get started on my housework list (have this thing about coming home to a clean house after vacation). I will try to check back later to catch up more.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @Lauriek70 -- Laurie, well done for plucking up the courage to ask your guy out! Good luck!
    @RobinsEgg -- Robin, It will be great not to have to worry about rollovers any more. It sounds like you had a moving and fine day with your sisters, even if there wasn't a full reconciliation. Give it time, and maybe let your other sister continue to work on it. And I think you are right that it is important for your nephew to have the rosaries.
    @soosun -- well done for having skinnylicious at the cheesecake factory and yes, 11 calories over is well within the wiggle room.
    @cblue315 -- Lori, I find this thread such a help and comfort. Especially when I'm feeling hungry or my kids are giving me a hard time.
    @Morgori -- OMG National Sausage Pizza Day! I am hungry now.

October logging and counting -- 8/11 so far.

There may not be time to squeeze in a green smoothie today. We did have our day in Waltham Abbey, then took a stroll around our neighbourhood to God's Own Junkyard, a cave full of neon art and other antiques. It's got a cafe now! And next door is the Wild Card Brewery, and the Mother's Ruin Gin Palace. Which frankly did not look very disreputable at all, although it was full of hipsters.

Hope you're having a fantastic weekend!

-- Alison

14568673.png
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    And I meant to attach this pic from God's Own Junkyard! But I forgot. I'll get used to this soon.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Okay.
    @skinnyjeansbound Thanks for the tip on saving the page!

Also, I noticed the October challenge. I'm currently failing. 5/11 days under my goal. Mostly I've been within 300, which means I've been around 1500 calories, which isn't all that bad.

I've been on here 418 days in a row.
    I've lost 128 pounds so far.
    Life is pretty dang good.

I went to the gym yesterday and kicked butt on the arc trainer and the elliptical for 2, yes two, hours! According to the machines I burned a total of about 1500 calories. I stayed close to my 1500 for the day, so no matter what I was definitely at a deficit! :) (Yes, I know the machines LIEEEEEE, but it felt good to see that number!)

I hope all of you are doing well. I've missed you all!
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness Fail--My friend canceled on me for our walk, so I didn't go. But, Saturday Success- I went for a 2 mile walk this afternoon with my daughter to pick up some things from the drug store. Happy Weekend, Everyone!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @aimee—great job with the workout! I always figure those big burn days make up for the days when I’m a couple hundred over.

@alison—love the picture! LOL about the hipsters.

@kelley—good luck getting all of your housework and packing done. It’s always frantic getting ready for a trip, but I think it makes the reward of getting away that much better.

@tom—I’m not a “pizza” person, but I do love an occasional slice of Chicago deep dish. However, I prefer pepperoni over sausage.

@niki—that’s great about your increased stamina—keep going!

@tanya—yay, you found us!

@lori—that’s awesome that you are so close to your 100 lb goal! I know you will get there!

@robin—when I saw your PM, I got nervous that I had been posting in the wrong place, but then I was you post here. Thanks for thinking of us all, and helping folks find their way back. Sounds like a nice visit with your sisters, and I love the picture. Even if you aren’t 100% reconciled with your sister, it sounds like you are closer than you were before.

@kaye—it sounds like a fun day out with family, even if it ended up being a bust calorie-wise. You’ve been at this long enough to know one day won’t make or break you.

@soosun—great job staying close to goal even with the Cheesecake factory. I went out for Mexican food last night and thought I would be way over, but it wasn’t so terribly bad considering I had a few cocktails including a mango margarita.

@laurie—hope you had good weather for the festival. Is this the renaissance fest guy? I think your approach is a smart one. I hope he chooses one of the options you gave him, and if he doesn’t, at least you’ll have a pretty clear idea of where he stands in the relationship.

@L2T—sounds like a great trip and your description of the meal you prepared made my mouth water—yum!

@lois—I can’t recall if anyone else clarified, but eggplant is aubergine. I only some of the different terms b/c years ago while visiting my sister in London, I bought a Covent Garden Soups cookbook and had to figure out all of the different names to prepare the recipes.

@chulis—eggplant is tricky for me. I tend to like it when a restaurant prepares it, but I never seem to get it right at home, so I rarely cook it. Heck, who am I kidding? I rarely cook PERIOD. Thank goodness I have a husband.

So many newlings on the thread—I still need to sort out who’s who, but welcome to all.

Will be back later to post Saturday Success and such.

Grading Goals:
    1. 3/14 AP analysis activities
    2. 67/67 AP journals DONE
    3. x/67 AP essays

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--rest day
    Sun--walk gunner + gym
    Mon-- walk gunner
    Tues--walk gunner (maybe--late meeting)
    Wed--walk gunner+ gym
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--rest day

October Challenge:
    Days under calories = 7/10
    Days >100g of protein = 5/10
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hey everyone! It was another super slow day at work due to college football controlling the lives of my fellow Georgians. Good news is that since I didn't have to close the store today my boss let me off at 4pm! :D

I’m currently working on my trip to Florida to see my family. I will be seeing my daughter, Alisha who I haven’t seen in 4 years (a LONG and not very pleasant story, so I won’t bother ya’ll with the details). We are both super excited to see each other and for me to meet her wonderful boyfriend Austin. At least I pray he is wonderful. ;) Hubby and I are taking the two of them to Sea World for a day of fun and hanging out together. The next day we will spend at my sister’s house. My mom lives with my sister and I haven’t seen any of them in years. I get to meet my sister’s two little grand-babies and I’m super excited about that. I just hope my brother-in-law, who drinks wayyyyyy to much, doesn’t get out of hand. My mom has vowed that everyone is getting a good talking to about proper behavior. LOL

Saturday success: I have been doing very well this month on calories and have only had one not so good day. Of course next week might be a whole other story. >:)

@Robin, loved the pic of you and your sisters and the story of the rosaries was so sweet. :)

@cblue315, bummer about the fight with hubby. But good for your for staying under calories!! I am such a stress eater when I get upset. :\

@Tanya, glad you found us. :)

@BohemianCoast, the pic of God’s Own Junkyard looks awesome!! Just the type of place I would love to visit. :p
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    The weather did not hold out for today. It was raining during the set up for the event and continued raining until after the event started. It did stop raining but remained cloudy and cold today not out of the 50's. People did show up but not the crowds we had expected. The best thing about today, was that I was able to see the baby goats who were born yesterday. They were very cute. If I can figure out how to post the pictures from my phone I will post the pictures.

Thanks for the support about the guy, I hope it works out but who knows. This is the guy from the Renn Festival. If I don't hear from him, then I will know where I stand. Still no word from him.

Plan for tomorrow- is a bike ride, just praying it is warmer than today. Then I need to grade papers.

BohemianCoast- thanks for the picture of God's Own Junkyard, it was fun to see.

Tom- I had cheese pizza for dinner tonight, so in a way I did celebrate National pizza day. I do love sausage on my pizza.

Hansea- great walk. I don't like it when the exercise partner cancels, I also have trouble motivating myself to exercise when times don't work out or change unexpectedly.

Kelley- Good luck cleaning and prepping for you trip, I am sure it will be fun.

NK- Congrats on doubling the number of sets. That is a great accomplishments.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    October challenge progress report: 8/11 under calories, 77 miles to date.
    I only got about 3 miles today, but did get a flower bed cleaned out and some daffodil bulbs planted. I was under calories today, but don't really feel like my head is in the game right now. I'm doing too much grazing and not making good choices. Will have family here tomorrow all day. I hope I can make better choices.
    So proud of all of your successes.
    Alison, loved the picture. The names of the places you mentioned are really fun.
    Have a great Sunday.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    Lori, 100lbs!, I am unber impressed. What a monumental feat, as well as anyone else on this site who has lost so much weight.
    Robin, loved your story and your wisdom at the moment when you realized things weren't quite all there. Love heals all eventually and you are in a good place.
    LaurieK- there are so many people in the world and you never know what is around the next corner but you can always find another corner if you just keep walking. You go woman!
    I walked this morning, and I stayed on calorie count too. I stayed with college friend this week and she eats thin all the time; she is the friend who lost 12 lbs last year and I asked her how she did it thinking I could do it too. She replied, I only drink 8 oz of wine a day; I gave up extra wine. We both laughed because I don't drink any alcohol at all......jokes on me. Any way it was nice to be around someone who continually makes thin choices and I do not mean starvation, but just eats a correct amount all the time and exercises every day. I followed her lead this week, not that I am not practicing eating less, but still, it was great to have a consistent example all week at every meal. She has dropped about 25 lbs in the last three years, she is 5'2" and weighs 125 now and has gone through ovarian cancer which was a wake up call for her. Anyway I am beating a dead horse, but it was a good example.
    Today I had a screwy menu, bacon, lettuce, tomato, sandwich for breakfast after my walk, Crown Restaurant Junior Bacon hamburger, 6 sweet potato fries, 6 onion rings, 1/4 cup vanilla milkshake, 3 think cookies from Sam's club, one pkg thin addictive, and turkey sausage soup with 1/2 cup rice for dinner. I was under 1400 for the day and walked one hour this morning up and down hills.
    Have weighed the same for one month on Tuesday coming up. If weight is still the same I will drop calories and increase exercise for the coming 7 days after Tuesday to shake things up. Looking forward to weigh and measure on Tuesday.
    Have a great evening everyone. You are all so awesome at losing all that weight. I wonder collectively how much weigh every one has dropped in the last 12 months?