Lost 100 Pounds in 4 Months Done the RIGHT Way!

Options
Please visit my Blog at ...

Its all about Determination and Dedication......

I hope my Success story can help and Inspire someone to reach their goal. I can say I know exactly how hard it is and the struggle it is to be overweight. I was there not too long ago.

Replies

• shellymoore0919
    Options
    You are a true inspiration!! Your blog gives me the confidence that I can truly do this! Could you possibly look at my diary and give me any pointers on things I should change to help me meet my goals? Again congrats, you look great!
  • clbowman11
    clbowman11 Posts: 117
    Options
    And you will need surgery to repair your skin for losing around 6 lbs a week (avg.) Losing weight that fast can have negative effects on our skin. Part of the point of losing weight is so you'll feel you look better. How are you going to feel if you lose 100 lbs in 4 mos and have tons of skin or continue and lose 200 in 8 mos. This is not something to be impatient with. Our body's and mind's need to learn this lifestyle so we can keep the weight off.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    And you will need surgery to repair your skin for losing around 6 lbs a week (avg.) Losing weight that fast can have negative effects on our skin. Part of the point of losing weight is so you'll feel you look better. How are you going to feel if you lose 100 lbs in 4 mos and have tons of skin or continue and lose 200 in 8 mos. This is not something to be impatient with. Our body's and mind's need to learn this lifestyle so we can keep the weight off.

I think most with that much to lose will have loose skin regardless.
  • suziecue66
    Options
    Please visit my Blog at www.EdwinVelezSuccess.com

Its all about Determination and Dedication......

I hope my Success story can help and Inspire someone to reach their goal. I can say I know exactly how hard it is and the struggle it is to be overweight. I was there not too long ago.

Well done. It was fast weight loss! The food looks very healthy and yummy and good that you had high protein, moderate carb and 1 cheat meal per week.
    Do you think you will ever start doing any weights/strength training? Do you log how many calories you had?
    Re the lose skin mentioned by previous commenter - it doesn't seem bad - your arms look good - no loose skin - possibly you just have loose skin in tummy.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options

Too funny that instead of congrats and way to keep up the hard work.. someone finds the negatives!! GO FIGURE!
  • suziecue66
    Options

Too funny that instead of congrats and way to keep up the hard work.. someone finds the negatives!! GO FIGURE!

yeh, MEAN girl!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

I make it a general rule to not be negative when posting on here. I don't always succeed and sadly, this is going to be on of those failures. Extra skin? Really? That's your concern this for this dude? Those are your words of wisdom to someone who has found the strength to turn their life around? This man has done something amazing, something many people would give about anything to be able to do. This man has turned his life around. And you think he's worried overly about extra skin? Wow.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options

But which is worse!?!? Loose/extra skin or being over weight and unhealthy!!?!? I think i would take the loose skin! And you know some people do realize surgery is an OPTION and some choose to do that because they want to and because they can. Who the flip cares!?!?

Congrats for all the hard work!!! I am proud of you for your hard work! And don't you dare let those negative nancy's out there bring you down! That took a lot of hard work and dedication!!!
  • suziecue66
    Options

I make it a general rule to not be negative when posting on here. I don't always succeed and sadly, this is going to be on of those failures. Extra skin? Really? That's your concern this for this dude? Those are your words of wisdom to someone who has found the strength to turn their life around? This man has done something amazing, something many people would give about anything to be able to do. This man has turned his life around. And you think he's worried overly about extra skin? Wow.

You get the douche bag of the day award

Who --moderated--about loose skin. The guy looks and feels a million bucks. I don't see it as too much of an issue.
    Now that he is lean I want to see what his body can look like when he adds weights - to take it to the next level.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    wow 100 pounds in 4 months that is a lot in such a little time, that is awesome and happy for your loss
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    That is an amazingly fast weight loss! :drinker:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Your meals look DELICIOUS!! nice blog :smile:
  • restoreleanne
    restoreleanne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    well done. I look at your blog I eat like you about 90% of the time. your weight just melted off. I will take me over a year to do the same. great work
  • cunnine
    cunnine Posts: 52
    Options
    Just reviewed your blog, awsome and inspiring. Your hard work deserves and a big shout out, You should be ver proud of yourself. YOU ROCK!!!
  • suziecue66
    Options
    Edwin (OP), like your blog but think you should add an archive - so you can see previous posts.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Congrats mate, that is an awesome effort and you look spectacular. Well done.:smile:
  • cddonald22
    cddonald22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Do you share your diary?
  • clbowman11
    Options

I'm not trying to be mean or negative. I'm saying that in most cases people can't do that. I don't think I've ever heard of that. And yes, he did it right as far as dieting and exercising, I suppose. But, there are reasons they say to only lose 1-2 lbs a week. I think that promoting that kind of very fast weight loss is going to give people false hopes. I also believe that even people who don't have that much to lose. Like myself I've had a child and I have stretchmarks and if I tried to do that I'd have a ton of skin. I'm being very careful so I don't. So, if someone like me tried to do that I want them to be aware that excess skin is more than likely going to be an issue. And that's something I wouldn't want I'd rather wait it out and see if I still get skin. I commend him for all of his VERY HARD work and his self-control and discipline. I didn't mean to come across that way. I believe that people should know that there are going to be consequences. All he was pointing out were the positives. And I'd say yes, the positives outweigh the negatives. I just hope everyone is aware. That's all.
  • clbowman11
    Options
    Alright. No need for cursing and all that, we're all adults here I believe. Please read my above comment. We're all adults here I believe. And freedom of speech is allowed here. I just stated my opinion.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Alright. No need for cursing and all that, we're all adults here I believe. Please read my above comment. We're all adults here I believe. And freedom of speech is allowed here. I just stated my opinion.

No ma'am, freedom of speech is not allowed here. It's a privately owned, moderated forum. If you're going to use the "freedom of speech" shpeel, please first educate yourself as to what it actually means. Thanks and have a lovely day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!