Lost 100 Pounds in 4 Months Done the RIGHT Way!

Options

Replies

• ShaunMc1968
    Options
    Fantastic job, Well done Man, ;-)
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    WOW!! That's nuts!! I'm seriously amazed right now.
  • thecrass
    thecrass Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Fantastic sir well done :-)
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    So......how is your losing 100 pounds the RIGHT way? What makes your way right?
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.

Also, with regards to the loose skin comment, you seem like you may still be in your 20s? Younger people have more elasticity to their skin so you will not suffer the loose skin as much as an older person (ahem like me) would.

You, sir, are an inspiration.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options

Leigh btw you look amazing and I think its just meant that there wasnt starvation and it was all lost in a healthy way....
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.

Also, with regards to the loose skin comment, you seem like you may still be in your 20s? Younger people have more elasticity to their skin so you will not suffer the loose skin as much as an older person (ahem like me) would.

You, sir, are an inspiration.

BUMP
  • mlashay
    mlashay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You, sir, look amazing and should be SO proud of yourself. And you know what, don't listen to other people-- your skin looks *great*! Plus, your skin will return more to normal over time, and also, loose skin is way sexier than 100 extra pounds any day!

HUGE congrats!
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    LOL, if women can wear their stretch marks with pride after having a baby, this man can wear his with pride too!

Anyway, has anyone bothered to ask if he has lose skin?

100 lb is some achievement in anytime frame, in four months it is amazing. And to have done this the right way. No stomach stapling or banding.

With all the exercise required to pull this off, blood supply will have been good, so all the body's natural tools for repair will have been circulating well.

Hat's off to you my good man. You must be bouncing around :)
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good work! We're you able to retain your muscle mass whilst losing the weight? or did you lose muscle along with fat. Your after photo looks pretty good. Did you lift heavy? Thanks :)
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Also how many calories do you eat now to be able to maintain your weight?
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Leigh btw you look amazing and I think its just meant that there wasnt starvation and it was all lost in a healthy way....

That's what I think too.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Man, you look amazing....How did you keep yourself motivated?
  • mellydelly
    mellydelly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    And you will need surgery to repair your skin for losing around 6 lbs a week (avg.) Losing weight that fast can have negative effects on our skin. Part of the point of losing weight is so you'll feel you look better. How are you going to feel if you lose 100 lbs in 4 mos and have tons of skin or continue and lose 200 in 8 mos. This is not something to be impatient with. Our body's and mind's need to learn this lifestyle so we can keep the weight off.

Too funny that instead of congrats and way to keep up the hard work.. someone finds the negatives!! GO FIGURE!

I'm not trying to be mean or negative. I'm saying that in most cases people can't do that. I don't think I've ever heard of that. And yes, he did it right as far as dieting and exercising, I suppose. But, there are reasons they say to only lose 1-2 lbs a week. I think that promoting that kind of very fast weight loss is going to give people false hopes. I also believe that even people who don't have that much to lose. Like myself I've had a child and I have stretchmarks and if I tried to do that I'd have a ton of skin. I'm being very careful so I don't. So, if someone like me tried to do that I want them to be aware that excess skin is more than likely going to be an issue. And that's something I wouldn't want I'd rather wait it out and see if I still get skin. I commend him for all of his VERY HARD work and his self-control and discipline. I didn't mean to come across that way. I believe that people should know that there are going to be consequences. All he was pointing out were the positives. And I'd say yes, the positives outweigh the negatives. I just hope everyone is aware. That's all.

He's lost the weight, if he has extra or loose skin, I'm sure he's the one that's going to be more aware of it than you are
  • mellydelly
    mellydelly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Therefore even still your justification as to why you were so negative in pointing out just that doesn't really make sense. Just saying. But to original post,

Congrats! That is way awesme takes a lot of discipline to really commit yourself to such a lifestyle change, as long as you're happy and feel good that's all that matters :]
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Wow! You lost 100lbs in 4 months, and then you say you "know exactly how hard it is". What I want to know is this: is it OK to karate chop a fellow mfp'er?
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you look about 50 yrs younger, and your blog is helpful and inspiring! Nice pics, nicer pecs!

And it's only because I am 50 yrs older than you that I am allowed to correct your spelling. Broccoli.

You still deserve a karate chop. :wink:
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Excellent job and congratulations! Add a little strength training and I would bet you are going to be thrilled with your results. Your skin looks great BTW! Everyone has different results when it comes to skin issues. It really is mostly in the genes. Keep up the healthy lifestyle.

I have never read an obituary of someone dying from sagging skin, but I have read plenty of them from people dying from obesity related health issues. Great job on eating healthy and exercising!

11613466.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...You really did a fantastic job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!