Lost 100 Pounds in 4 Months Done the RIGHT Way!

Options

Replies

• EdwinVelez
    Options
    Look at my picture and tell me if you think I need surgery. Its all about educating yourself on what to eat. There are many fruits and vegetables that work with the elasticity of your skin. I also worked hard on my core during the process doing 30 minutes of core workouts after finishing my cardio. You can click on my picture and make it bigger. I am proud of how my body look! and that picture is at -125 pounds!
  • EdwinVelez
    Options
    correct....completely focused on eating healthy. Cut outs all drinks besides water and got a daily cardio routine going! Im 8 months into my journey and I am at a total loss of 125 pounds!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    When you go from eating anything in site to doing a complete life style change and eating healthy. They weight can and will come of. When it comes to muscle loss and being fit, I can say that I am the healthiest I have ever been. I run 5 to 8 miles a day averaging a 7:25 mile.

to answer how many calories I consumed in a day. I ate from 1200-1400 a day. My goal was to burn at least half of what I consumed a day at the gym, not considering what we burn on a natural daily basis.

Loose skin....Yes my skin is a little loose but not as bad as you would think. Its all about eating healthy and providing your body with the right nutrients to help with the elasticity of your skin. There are many fruits and vegetables that help with this. I also worked my core during the process. After doing my cardio, i would do 30 minutes of core.

as you can see in my profile picture, my skin does not look bad. You can click on the picture to make it bigger!

Excellent research on how to preemptively head that problem off at the pass.
  • SlimReggieBack
    SlimReggieBack Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    And you will need surgery to repair your skin for losing around 6 lbs a week (avg.) Losing weight that fast can have negative effects on our skin. Part of the point of losing weight is so you'll feel you look better. How are you going to feel if you lose 100 lbs in 4 mos and have tons of skin or continue and lose 200 in 8 mos. This is not something to be impatient with. Our body's and mind's need to learn this lifestyle so we can keep the weight off.

He can just gain muscle to lose extra skin obviously lol.
  • TinaKeniston
    TinaKeniston Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good for you for making this kind of effort to turn your life around. You look awesome in all of your pics and you must feel fabulous! Keep up the good work!
  • Purplepeater
    Purplepeater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yeah I thought that, talk about trying to put a downer on a great achievement! Gentle encouragement and advice is always received better than plain old nastiness !
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    And you will need surgery to repair your skin for losing around 6 lbs a week (avg.) Losing weight that fast can have negative effects on our skin. Part of the point of losing weight is so you'll feel you look better. How are you going to feel if you lose 100 lbs in 4 mos and have tons of skin or continue and lose 200 in 8 mos. This is not something to be impatient with. Our body's and mind's need to learn this lifestyle so we can keep the weight off.
    Holy negative nelly!
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    Great job!!!! :D
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    you have truly done something amazing! congrats!!

as far as the post about loose skin goes, just because you lose slowly doesn't mean you won't have loose skin either. i have lost slowly and steadily and i have loose skin on my stomach and thighs. yes... the tummy is partly because i have 2 children, but it's still loose. gaining muscle has definitely helped "lift" me in the places i need to be lifted. ;)
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Good job! But keep in mind that rapid weight loss can stress your body out and cause problems too :flowerforyou: I hope you have been under the watchful eye of a good Dr just to make sure the rest of your body is ok with this. I know the health bene's are great, just be careful not to hurt yourself :smile: Thanks for the blog link and the examples of meals. I love getting new ideas for healthy meals!
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    Many congrats to the OP!

But really, everyone here needs to cut clbowman some slack...she is mostly right after all. Any trainer in the world would tell you that not only would losing weight that fast cost you a ton of muscle mass, but it would also create a lot of loose, elastic skin. It's not necessarily fact, just statistics and the way bodies generally work.

Again, awesome job to the OP, but let's be open to every side of the equation. There's much more to it for some than others.
  • mary1970
    mary1970 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is amazing. I agree, I don't see any loose skin and you look great. Thanks for sharing. :smile:
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options

But which is worse!?!? Loose/extra skin or being over weight and unhealthy!!?!? I think i would take the loose skin! And you know some people do realize surgery is an OPTION and some choose to do that because they want to and because they can. Who the flip cares!?!?

Congrats for all the hard work!!! I am proud of you for your hard work! And don't you dare let those negative nancy's out there bring you down! That took a lot of hard work and dedication!!!

Actually I can see why there was a comment about the loose skin, loose skin can pose as a health risk if there is too much hanging etc. because you cannot properly clean it and you can get bacterial infections and crap which CAN kill you. Its not just an esthetic thing... it can be health related too. So perhaps that is what the person is trying to say and not saying it very well.

I do not know how healthy it is to lose 100 pounds in 4 months, but my brain is saying this is not healthy... at all. Now I didn't read the story so I have no idea what the OP did or anything I just feel it was a very short time to lose a very large amount of weight. However; that being said congrats OP I just hope that you are able to keep that 100 pounds off, I did read you cut out processed carbs so if you can stay with that forever your are awesome. 100 pounds is a lot to lose so congrats on that, I just hope above all that you really did lose it in a healthy controlled manner and with the supervision of medical professionals that were able to help you along the way. :)
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE A TRUE INSPIRATION(yes, I am shouting!!!). I am so proud of you. I am celebrating with you!!! You look FANTASTIC. WTG with taking control of your life. Wishing you continued success. Thank you for accepting my friend request on FB :).
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    That is awesome....congrats
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Congrats my fellow Alabamian. That is an excellent accomplishment:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • aubreykkkk
    aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    What's the wrong way?
  • SkinnyChemicals
    Options
    I've only lost 43lbs in around four months and I've done that the 'wrong' and 'right' way. That is just truly amazing and such an inspiration, even if you have lost muscle mass, you've lost a *kitten* load of fat which is the most important thing. Well done.
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss.

But I find it funny how many people are congratulating you but in another thread they are "ranting" about people constantly netting under their bmr.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!