Lost 100 Pounds in 4 Months Done the RIGHT Way!

Options

Replies

• SkinnyChemicals
    Options
    What's the wrong way?

Probably:

- Eating under 1200-1500 calories.
    - Eating the appropriate amount of calories but just eating junk food.
    - Using surgery as a tool.

Can't be too sure though.
  • BloodLad
    BloodLad Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If someone has alot of fat to lose and are strict in their dieting and exercise they will lose pounds much faster than if they had half that weight, and from what i read on his blog, he seems to have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner...all healthy clean foods, so he wasn't skipping meals or eating too little. Couple that with doing cardio every single day and I'd say he was losing weight 'the right way'.

As for the loose skin, I really don't see any, except maybe a leftover remnant of small love handle. Not bad at all, you should be proud.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    That u for sharing. I will incorporate some of this in my routine. I use the treadmill, ellipical, arch trainer, adb circuit and regular circuit. I go to the gym 7 days a week. I eat salads at my job because it's conveint. I was using a balasmic vingarette because I thought it was low on calories. I will use no dressing like u suggested. Thanks again for all the tips.
  • grovespastor1803
    Options
    Great Job!
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Edwin (OP), like your blog but think you should add an archive - so you can see previous posts.

Yes, Definitely, I absolutely agree with this, your blog is brilliant and it would be so nice to be able to access different posts you like or just to see a list of the old ones. Congrats on your weight loss, well done!
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing! And what a hottie now!
  • m23gm25
    m23gm25 Posts: 157
    Options
    Congratulations Edwin. You look great!
  • itsmedicinalbacon
    Options
    nice job Edwin!! great story!
  • toffeewaffle
    toffeewaffle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! I've lost 50 in about 4 1/2 months. Congrats on such hard work and dedication.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    And you will need surgery to repair your skin for losing around 6 lbs a week (avg.) Losing weight that fast can have negative effects on our skin. Part of the point of losing weight is so you'll feel you look better. How are you going to feel if you lose 100 lbs in 4 mos and have tons of skin or continue and lose 200 in 8 mos. This is not something to be impatient with. Our body's and mind's need to learn this lifestyle so we can keep the weight off.

Too funny that instead of congrats and way to keep up the hard work.. someone finds the negatives!! GO FIGURE!

I'm not trying to be mean or negative. I'm saying that in most cases people can't do that. I don't think I've ever heard of that. And yes, he did it right as far as dieting and exercising, I suppose. But, there are reasons they say to only lose 1-2 lbs a week. I think that promoting that kind of very fast weight loss is going to give people false hopes. I also believe that even people who don't have that much to lose. Like myself I've had a child and I have stretchmarks and if I tried to do that I'd have a ton of skin. I'm being very careful so I don't. So, if someone like me tried to do that I want them to be aware that excess skin is more than likely going to be an issue. And that's something I wouldn't want I'd rather wait it out and see if I still get skin. I commend him for all of his VERY HARD work and his self-control and discipline. I didn't mean to come across that way. I believe that people should know that there are going to be consequences. All he was pointing out were the positives. And I'd say yes, the positives outweigh the negatives. I just hope everyone is aware. That's all.

The amount of excess skin that you have won't change whether you have fast or slow loss within the same period of time.

For instance, if someone loses 100 lbs in 4 months, they may have a lot of excess skin at the 4 month mark. Their body hasn't adjusted yet. Within a a year of starting, they should have the same amount of loose skin as they would've if they had lost 100 lbs within that year. Loose skin tightens up after time to where it is going to tighten up and losing slow won't change that. I lost 75 lbs in 3 months and I had a lot of loose skin and it was depressing. I stayed at that weight for a year and the skin tightened up. I lost more weight and had a bit more loose skin but again, it tightened up. It wasn't great but I was very heavy at my highest.
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!!! Good luck on the rest of your journey.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options

to answer how many calories I consumed in a day. I ate from 1200-1400 a day.

Hi :)

Now that you have lost the weight how many calories are you able to eat to maintain your weight?

Also are you going to start lifting heavy weights to put muscle back on your frame that you lost from eating a VLCD?

Thanks

Also good on you for your hard work. Inspiring story :)
  • spiceitupsimi
    Options
    Bravo! Just went over every article in your blog. You are really an inspiration to others on a similar journey!
  • Aventuria
    Aventuria Posts: 151
    Options
    Wow, just wow!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing this with the MFP community! :flowerforyou:

Your meals look good, but for my taste too dry. I love me some saucy dishes! :blushing: And I couldn't put my pasta off the list either. ;-) But that is why you did it in such a short time and it'll take me way longer. :tongue:

Meet you at the end! :laugh:
  • EdwinVelez
    Options
    Thank you!
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look great....congratulations!!!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    You are one awesome dude well done fantastic
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Wow! Not too many people can lose that much weight in such a short period of time on their own. You are amazing!
  • lvlygrrl
    lvlygrrl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! So impressive!
  • alucido
    alucido Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!