COMICS...YES, THOSE WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT?

Options

Replies

• UNTOLDSMILE
    UNTOLDSMILE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    you say that like its a bad thing... check out my shirt :p *poww*

comic books remind me of my brothers... i miss them <3

i work at barnes and noble, so im pretty much always reading something. right now im reading 50 shades of grey, had to see what all the hubbub was about.... cant really bring myself to finish it up though. also reading the 2nd hungergames book and starting game of thrones soon

They closed the Barnes and Noble here. Nice shirt :)
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options
    I'm reading the new 52 Wonder Woman. <3 it!

I haven't read that one. The new 52 Superman was pretty lame in the first few issues. Batman has been pretty good.
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the new 52 Wonder Woman. <3 it!

Cliff's art is amazing
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    I love the Walking dead and have primarily been a DC reader (especially Superman) but I have fallen off the last 2 years. DC's unnecessary constant reboots have tested my patience so I haven't really given the new 52 a chance.

With all that said, I WILL be at comic con this year.
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options
    I love the Walking dead and have primarily been a DC reader (especially Superman) but I have fallen off the last 2 years. DC's unnecessary constant reboots have tested my patience so I haven't really given the new 52 a chance.

It seemed unnecessary to reboot it.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Been reading more webcomics lately. The Meek, The Phoenix Requiem (which actually ended a while ago, so I guess I'm not reading that one any more.) The Less than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal, The Dreamer.

Used to read a lot of Xmen before it started copying the films and therefore sucking.
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I've never actually read a comic book before (no lies!)

Can anyone recomend a good series?

e.g. I hear alot about the old... spiderman number 1! or batman number 5! things like that, but never actually picked one up and read it...

I love Marvell characters... but haven't really heard of any others, so what's a good series?
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    The only comic i ever read that i liked was Stuck Rubber Baby by Howard Cruse. Probably not what you're referring to, huh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuck_Rubber_Baby
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options

e.g. I hear alot about the old... spiderman number 1! or batman number 5! things like that, but never actually picked one up and read it...

I love Marvell characters... but haven't really heard of any others, so what's a good series?

Check these out:
    Batman:Hush
    Identity Crisis
    Kingdom Come
    Watchmen
    Batman:Noel
    The Dark Knight Returns
    The Long Halloween
    and I gotta throw The Crow in here

These are all in trade paperbacks now and are some of my favorites. I am sure others will suggest more to you :)
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options
    Been reading more webcomics lately. The Meek, The Phoenix Requiem (which actually ended a while ago, so I guess I'm not reading that one any more.) The Less than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal, The Dreamer.

Used to read a lot of Xmen before it started copying the films and therefore sucking.

I liked the X-MEN Deadly Genesis story. I thought that was pretty good.
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options

Check these out:
    Batman:Hush
    Identity Crisis
    Kingdom Come
    Watchmen
    Batman:Noel
    The Dark Knight Returns
    The Long Halloween
    and I gotta throw The Crow in here

These are all in trade paperbacks now and are some of my favorites. I am sure others will suggest more to you :)

WE3
    Pride of Bagdad
    MARVELS
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options

It seemed unnecessary to reboot it.
    Agreed. Crisis of Infinite Earths, Zero Hour, Infinite Crisis, and now the new 52. It's like pick a continuity and please stick to it.
  • charlybu
    charlybu Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Married a comic artist ;) He's doing a lot of reformatting his strips lately, but check out oycomics.com

Has no one mentioned Bone (by Jeff Smith) yet? You can hardly call yourself a comic book nerd if you haven't read Bone! It's required reading in this house ;)
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options
    Married a comic artist ;) He's doing a lot of reformatting his strips lately, but check out oycomics.com

Has no one mentioned Bone (by Jeff Smith) yet? You can hardly call yourself a comic book nerd if you haven't read Bone! It's required reading in this house ;)

I've never read it lol!
  • NevrOvr
    NevrOvr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    right now i'm reading The Walking Dead. i'm on #55...it's way more intense than I expected!
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options
    right now i'm reading The Walking Dead. i'm on #55...it's way more intense than I expected!

I still haven't picked those up yet and it seems from everyone that I should. I love that show so it's bit odd I don't have any of the books.
  • ShimmerKitten
    ShimmerKitten Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I adore green lantern :3
    I also wan't to be a comic book artist.
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options
    I adore green lantern :3
    I also wan't to be a comic book artist.

Green Lantern is bad *kitten*! I have quite a few of those. I enjoyed Blackest Night a lot. Geoff Johns is great.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Dilbert, Calvin & Hobbes FTW
  • ruthio77
    ruthio77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Loving "The Boys" Series by Garth Ennis. Also The preacher, (obviously)
    Anything by Alan moore and Neil Gaiman's Sandman Series is my all-time favourite!