COMICS...YES, THOSE WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT?

Options
12346»

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Locke & Key, Locke & Key! Read it!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Guess which books i used to collect... :-)

I haven't bought a comic in a long time. I will occasionally read a web comic, but I don't really collect anymore, sadly enough.

However, I have a pretty good stash of Wolverine, X-Men, Spider-man, and Batman books that I cannot wait to share with my son in a few years.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Married a comic artist ;) He's doing a lot of reformatting his strips lately, but check out oycomics.com

Has no one mentioned Bone (by Jeff Smith) yet? You can hardly call yourself a comic book nerd if you haven't read Bone! It's required reading in this house ;)

BONE!!! Awesome, awesome. Can't believe I didn't think to mention it. :blushing:
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    i love the fables series. i also recently picked up a bunch of female superhero ones.

Are u (or anyone) reading the Fables spinoff FAIREST? Pretty awesome...

I'm so behind on Fables, I had no idea there was a spinoff. Must add to list.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Been reading more webcomics lately. The Meek, The Phoenix Requiem (which actually ended a while ago, so I guess I'm not reading that one any more.) The Less than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal, The Dreamer.

Used to read a lot of Xmen before it started copying the films and therefore sucking.

I love Phoenix Requiem! The artist/writer does such wonderful work. Sadly my webcomic reading has severely died over the last several years and that was the only one left. When it ended I ran out of comics to read online and I haven't found anything worth starting up. Then again I'm rather out of the loop now. I prefer comic strips or comics with a definite plot. It seems too often webcomics just kind of wing it and fall apart later. However if you have any suggestions, I'd be interested.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    With all that said, I WILL be at comic con this year.

I've already got my tickets. Four days and preview night. :bigsmile:
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Loving "The Boys" Series by Garth Ennis. Also The preacher, (obviously)
    Anything by Alan moore and Neil Gaiman's Sandman Series is my all-time favourite!

Oh yes, this, by gods, this!
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    UNTOLDSMILE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Is anyone reading the new Watchmen series? I am just kind of curious as to how it is. I was going to wait to pick it up when it was all collected.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Great post!

By the way has anyone else been to Comic Con in San Diego? I just returned from San Diego and it was a blast!
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Flashpoint in DC and Spider-Man Gauntlet in Marvel.