WTF????

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It is not uncommon for me to eat 600 or 700 calories for dinner. Maybe you need to reconsider your eating plan. Perhaps you aren't eating enough if you can't afford 600 or 700 calories.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    At Arby's I usually eat rotisserie chicken - the skin. Seems to work for me.
  • thechubner
    thechubner Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I eat out. I just make sure I check nutritional info before hand
    [/quote]

This - just check the nutritional plan before time - and don't be fooled by the word "turkey" if there is bacon, cheese, and /or mayonaise involved it's still fattening.

Side salads are your best friend (w/o dressing or cheese the average side salad has 20 or so calories) - Try getting the regular roast beef, eat it w/o the bun and put it on a salad.

Small tweaks will save you ALOT of calories. When I go out to eat I just make sure I make smarter choices and it doesn't matter if everyone else is having the tripple bacon cheese burger - I'm still enjoying the company if I eat a dinky salad and go home starving to a pouch of tuna - I save money and calories this way :) good luck
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    LOL! I know what you mean! Anytime Ihave to eat fast food, unfortunately, I always opt for a salad with limited dressing. And we wonder why so many folks are overweight??? Eating healthy is not only expensive, it's very time consuming. Hang in there! :smile:

No it's not. You're just not in the habit of choosing healthy meals. I spend waaaaaaaay less now eating healthy than when I did before. And because I make more healthy choices on a regular basis, I can eat out when family invites me. Eating out should be a treat, not the norm.... This thought has helped me out a lot! :)

I agree with Janae. It isn't more expensive and it most certainly is not time-consuming.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Why do so many people equate "low in calories" with "healthy"?

Um, I'm going to guess because they are trying to lose weight.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    you order it without the sauce...and I would remove the bacon...no cheese...there are a ton of options out there with low calories. You just have to think smart..no cheese, no sauces or gravy. No rolls, one will do...I've been doing it for over 2 years. Trust me I've found shortcuts at almost every restaraunt. You just have to eat smart.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Most major chains have nutritional info on their website... Just check before you go next time.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    you order it without the sauce...and I would remove the bacon...no cheese...there are a ton of options out there with low calories. You just have to think smart..no cheese, no sauces or gravy. No rolls, one will do...I've been doing it for over 2 years. Trust me I've found shortcuts at almost every restaraunt. You just have to eat smart.

If you remove the sauce, bacon and cheese then all you have is a plain wrap.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I follow the Eat This Not That website. Lots of good advice.

Here is some information that might help.

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/restaurant_guided_search/all/all/all/all?cm_mmc=ETNTSNL-_-08312012-_-topnav
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Arby's turkey bacon WRAP is AT LEAST 600 calories?????????? What the hell??? OMG. I am so freaking pissed. I guess NO WHERE has anything healthy. So what do you do? Decline all invites from family/friends when they wanna go out to eat?? What is wrong with all these fast food places?? And sit down restaurants are no better, probably are even worse. That's ridiculous. SCREW ARBY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ]

When I get Arby's, I get the mid-sized roast beef with the three-pepper sauce and an unsweetened tea. It's only 440 calories for the sandwich and 88 for the sauce (because I like plenty of sauce). That's less than 1/3 of my daily calories.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! I am just freaking out as well. What do I do now!?!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I get the Roasted Turkey and Swiss wrap from Arby's (no bacon). It's 490 calories and HUGE. If I must get fast food, I go this route or Subway.
  • Angie_1991
    Options
    Bacon is the devil. All pork is.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

If bacon is wrong, I don't wanna be right.....
  • Angie_1991
    Options
    Exactly. If you eat out, you sometimes have to eat something plain...or work out more later. Or forget it and stay fat. Eat up.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

i mean this in the nicest possible way.....SHUT YOUR FACE!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

If bacon is wrong, I don't wanna be right.....

^^ Word... Eat all the baconz!!!

sYpwT.jpg
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Exactly. If you eat out, you sometimes have to eat something plain...or work out more later. Or forget it and stay fat. Eat up.

"If you eat out" :blushing: No dirty talk here:angry::grumble:
  • jeffnjack
    Options
    Want a real eye opener? Take a look at a series of books called Eat This-Not That. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!! :noway:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Arby's turkey bacon WRAP is AT LEAST 600 calories?????????? What the hell??? OMG. I am so freaking pissed. I guess NO WHERE has anything healthy. So what do you do? Decline all invites from family/friends when they wanna go out to eat?? What is wrong with all these fast food places?? And sit down restaurants are no better, probably are even worse. That's ridiculous. SCREW ARBY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, this sounds like a good meal for me, esp on a training day. Protein could be higher...