Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Dating Advice Needed

Replies

• ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    My experience with guys, if they want you they won't be able to stay away. Plain & Simple
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Hksalex - Thanks :) I get what you're saying, but that seems a little like playing games, don't you think?

well im not really playing games with her. i mean on facebook we leave a post here and there. like every few days lol

when a person is absence from your life for a while... whether it be your bf, wife, husband, brother, sister, etc.. it creates that sense of need, and you want to be around them for a while...
  • I'd say take a little initiative. Call/text him first. You'll be surprised what a little communication can do.
  • Caz104
    Caz104 Posts: 62 Member
    Hksalex - Thanks :) I get what you're saying, but that seems a little like playing games, don't you think?

well im not really playing games with her. i mean on facebook we leave a post here and there. like every few days lol

when a person is absence from your life for a while... whether it be your bf, wife, husband, brother, sister, etc.. it creates that sense of need, and you want to be around them for a while...

Again.... I see your point. But when you first start dating someone and you're really into them shouldn't it be harder to NOT communicate with them, that it is to do so? I would hope it's that way.
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    If the guy is capable of reason, then just say "I need something a bit more sustaining for this to work" which is true, and explain it in the same way you explain it to us, and if he can't provide this, then as much as you would like it to work, it just won't.

And from a guys point of view, you're really not asking for that much =]
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    He sounds a lot like my latest ex. When communication slowed down I started looking into things and found out he was actually still married and living with her. I suggest letting him know how you feel and if he can't work with you on it then it's time to move on. Communication is essential in a relationship and if things are hard now they'll be 10x harder when you get more serious.
  • Caz104
    I'd say take a little initiative. Call/text him first. You'll be surprised what a little communication can do.

I've tried this approach. Not successful and I definitely don't want to be a stage-5.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Drop him. Find someone who adores you and treats you better than that.

Right on... because after a month of dating, he should be serving her breakfast in a bed of rose petals. :huh:

Seriously, the OP can always mention to him that she'd like to see/hear from him more often. After all, maybe he thinks that she's fine with how things are and is skittish about stepping it up.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member

How you doin?

(closes my eyes)pleasebeahotchickandnotaguy!!pleasebeahotchickannotaguy!!
    Well DetroitDarin...... dammit.

You're so right!

Wake up call!

Careful, it'll go to my head. I'm not right much - but what i am is broken to the core and pissed off at myself for letting it happen. What you're seeing in my post is me, preaching at ME.

<3

Cheers, kiddo.
  • Hksalex - I did try more communication. I texted him first thing in the morning etc. I definitely tried to lead by example.

give it some time... i added somethings to my previous post that should make sense... im not great at these conversations lol

Hksalex is right. It took my ex-bf almost 4 years to decide he wanted to be in our daughters life. Now definatly don't give it 4 years, but give him time. Guys are a little slower to notice things, like maybe how much he needs you.
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    If I was really interested in someone I would want to talk to them more than once a week.
  • Caz104
    He sounds a lot like my latest ex. When communication slowed down I started looking into things and found out he was actually still married and living with her. I suggest letting him know how you feel and if he can't work with you on it then it's time to move on. Communication is essential in a relationship and if things are hard now they'll be 10x harder when you get more serious.

Oh wow. I'm sorry to hear that :(

I think I will tell him how I feel but if it doesn't change, and he doesn't recognize the lack of communication, then I will walk away. I'm getting too old for this ****!!
  • Caz104
    Drop him. Find someone who adores you and treats you better than that.

Right on... because after a month of dating, he should be serving her breakfast in a bed of rose petals. :huh:

Seriously, the OP can always mention to him that she'd like to see/hear from him more often. After all, maybe he thinks that she's fine with how things are and is skittish about stepping it up.

Another great point!!
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    What I am about to tell you is the FIRST and LAST Rule of Dating:

"A man/woman does what they want to do."

If they want to talk to you, they will find a way. If they don't want to, they won't, and you'll hear every excuse in the book why they couldn't/can't.

If they're slowing down communication, texting less, calling less, or any other form of reaching out is lessened... it's because they're less interested. The reasons are varied and not always directly related to you. Nonetheless, my rule is 100% right on.

I wish it wasn't true. But it is...

Save yourself grief and heartache and move on NOW!

Or not... and try to win them back. That can happen. And should only be attempted when the person is of exceptional quality and you think there is a real shot at getting them back.
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member

Again.... I see your point. But when you first start dating someone and you're really into them shouldn't it be harder to NOT communicate with them, that it is to do so? I would hope it's that way.

i guess it all really depends on the person from that point.

for me i guess its okay that we don't communicate much, but when the communication is there.. believe me.. its there.. it all depends on how you look at things, and where you stand at that point.

if you think he doesn't want to further your relationship... and your stuck wondering... all you do is have to ask.. why bother hurting your self, find out, move on.
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    It's just procrastination once you know what the problem is.
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Ok I have been there and done this... When you find someone who is truly into you they will stop at nothing to show they are interested. I met my boyfriend online and first we spoke thru messages on the website, then we started texting. Well he is not good at the whole communtication thing when getting to know someone. I got a little peeved and said I'll show him. I stopped the good morning texts and that bothered him so he started them lol after a few weeks of phone talk and such, we met at a hockey game. He treats me like gold. Men are not as clueless as they claim to be. If that guy is interested in you and thinks a relationship could come of that, then he will just know how to treat you. So my advice is find the guy who will let it be known that you are wanted by him. That will show you how much you are on his mind.

Best of luck to you :)
  • Caz104
    because I am a woman and over analyzing everything is naturally built into us! lol I will agonize over crap for days before doing something about it. :tongue:
  • Caz104
    Ok I have been there and done this... When you find someone who is truly into you they will stop at nothing to show they are interested. I met my boyfriend online and first we spoke thru messages on the website, then we started texting. Well he is not good at the whole communtication thing when getting to know someone. I got a little peeved and said I'll show him. I stopped the good morning texts and that bothered him so he started them lol after a few weeks of phone talk and such, we met at a hockey game. He treats me like gold. Men are not as clueless as they claim to be. If that guy is interested in you and thinks a relationship could come of that, then he will just know how to treat you. So my advice is find the guy who will let it be known that you are wanted by him. That will show you how much you are on his mind.

Best of luck to you :)

So you had to make him miss you to wake him up? I see how that could work. I tried that tactic too - didn't work! ha ha ha

I'm happy to hear that you found a great guy!
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    because I am a woman and over analyzing everything is naturally built into us! lol I will agonize over crap for days before doing something about it. :tongue:

Honeypot...

You clearly WANT to do something with the guy...but you have to be WILLING to do it. Want in one hand and wishing in another is like...well..sorta weird I guess, because they aren't physical things...but if they were, and you held them you'd...uh...but whatever.

Don't 'want' things to change/improve. Be willing to make things improve.

So you're scared to confront him on this. You know how you get courage? Do the thing that scares you.