No More Excuses - Week Two

Options

Replies

• cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    Okay everyone...checking in on you. I am glad most of you are doing better today. littlebigbird - great work today!!
    Not such a great day at school again. A different student was having a bad day. I think they call each other at night and plan to take turns.:laugh:
    Still feel like my uterus is going to fall out any minute and not feeling too happy about that. As we in the south say, "I'm ill" and I don't mean sick.:angry:
    Did great on my food today, but I am very hungry. Need to go find something quick and healthy. Definitely not cooking tonight.
    I am soooo jealous about the Twilight viewing.:grumble: I want to see it but I can't stay up that late.
    Plan to do 15 minutes on the elliptical tonight and my push ups then it's off to bed to prepare for another day in the teaching trenches.
    One day closer to the weekend!
    Amanda - I hope your daughter feels better. Mine was sick today.
    Ann - Congrats on the test results.
    Talk to you guys later.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Hey Team, not very motivated today. Kicked butt at the gym and the rest of the day I am just hanging. Took little one to doctor, said virus and try not to worry. I was telling him how she is drooling all the time and her hands are constantly in her mouth. He told me that that is probably just the next step of her diagnosis, Rett Syndrome, not the virus. I was cool about it, acted all strong in front of my mom, came home and she threw up all over. I then ate chocolate chips and marshmellows. My calories aren't over but my I am disgusted with myself and my heart is breaking over my daughter.
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    Amanda,
    All I can say is some are meant to be parents of children with disabilities and some are meant to teach them. I couldn't imagine being a parent to a special needs child. You have a big heart and you were chosen by God for that little girl because He knew you could do it. :heart:
    I love all of my students and while they are at school, I treat them like my own children. My own daughter has some difficulties, but not to the extent you have described with your own.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know you'll pull through. You are an inspiration to me.
    Christy
    (PS) Don't be disgusted with yourself. It's done...just move on and forget about it!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hello all...Had a pretty good day today. Finding it hard to stay under 1,350 cals though. I found some running shoes today at a great sale price. Hopefully they work for me. Just got back from the gym. I never worked out in the evenings before I joined our group. If I didn't get it done before work, I didn't do it. I have a great recipe for a chicken corn soup that is sooo easy. I used it when I did Weight Watchers. If anyone would like to have it just let me know. Hope everyone sleeps well. See you tomorrow.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Amanda: I'm sorry that your little girl is sick. I pray she will be better soon. Keep your head up, you are doing great!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hello all...Had a pretty good day today. Finding it hard to stay under 1,350 cals though. I found some running shoes today at a great sale price. Hopefully they work for me. Just got back from the gym. I never worked out in the evenings before I joined our group. If I didn't get it done before work, I didn't do it. I have a great recipe for a chicken corn soup that is sooo easy. I used it when I did Weight Watchers. If anyone would like to have it just let me know. Hope everyone sleeps well. See you tomorrow.
    I would love to have your recipe. It may be in one of my WW cookbooks, but if you have it handy, that would be great. I love soups come cold weather time. Nice thing is, so does my family.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hey Team, not very motivated today. Kicked butt at the gym and the rest of the day I am just hanging. Took little one to doctor, said virus and try not to worry. I was telling him how she is drooling all the time and her hands are constantly in her mouth. He told me that that is probably just the next step of her diagnosis, Rett Syndrome, not the virus. I was cool about it, acted all strong in front of my mom, came home and she threw up all over. I then ate chocolate chips and marshmellows. My calories aren't over but my I am disgusted with myself and my heart is breaking over my daughter.

You are a very strong person and I agree with Christy. God has a plan and knows what each of us can handle. With his help you and your daughter will do great! Don't forget.....Forget the Fear, Find the Faith!

It sounds like you know your limit on the chocolate chips and marshmellows now as you didn't go over on calories. Today is in the books and tomorrow is a new beginning! We will be there for you!

Ann
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    Amanda - please, please don't beat yourself up. You're having a really tough time and you sound so strong and amazing. You're just one person, and you can't do everything all at once. I put off my weight loss/get fitter programme until my kids were well into their teens, so I'm full of admiration for you finding the strength to focus on it while you're coping with so much else in your life.

Just keep taking one day at a time. You're doing fantastically!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    AHOHHHHHHH!!!:cry: I am 89 calories over today. I knew I had blown it and actually it is kind of a guess. I had a working lunch at my son's school (I am on the accountability committee) and the school provides lunch while we meet. I tried to be good but I have such a hard time trying to calculate calories when someone else did the cooking!:tongue: We had chicken salad on croissants. I should have forgone the croissant and just ate the salad after looking up the calories. EGADS... BUT.....we also had grapes, which were yummy and I only ate half of the bag of Baked Chips, and brought the cookie home to my son!

Anyone have ideas on how to handle situations like the above. I realize I probably should have taken my own lunch and then I wouldn't have had to worry about it. Unfortunately I'm not that organized yet!
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Gained one pound back today, maybe yesterday was too good to be true.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments. You all rock, I am so glad we are in this together. :flowerforyou:

My dh is something else. I just asked him if it was a problem if I went to the gym in the morning and he says, "NO, it is great!" I am like thanks, it is really making me feel better. THEN he says yes and exercise is good for you because it makes you feel better about yourself and I am like oh that is so nice and before I can finish my sentence, he continues with, it also makes you more interested in sex. I didn't know whether to laugh or punch him! :embarassed: :laugh:
  • tamelab
    Options
    I would love to have your recipe. It may be in one of my WW cookbooks, but if you have it handy, that would be great. I love soups come cold weather time. Nice thing is, so does my family.

Nacho Cheese Chicken Chowder
    1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces
    Two 14-1/2 ounce cans Mexican style stewed tomatoes, undrained
    One 10-3/4 ounce can condensed nacho cheese soup (I have only been able to find cheddar)
    One 10 ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
    1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Combine chicken, undrained tomatoes, soup and corn in a 3-1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker. Cover, cook on low heat for 4 to 5 hours or high heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.

Per serving: 244 calories, 6 g total fat, 55 mg cholesterol, 2 g dietary fiber, 24 g carbs, 647 mg sodium, 23 g protein

Makes 6 servings...Enjoy!!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    That sounds really yummy, will have to try it! My family loves soup in the winter. Thanks for sharing!
  • amaline
    Options
    Hey Team!

Yesterday was not a good day unfortunately. I think the cold weather makes me want to eat more! Today is going to be hard too as I am going out to dinner with my friends family and the culture over here is that you can't refuse offers of food or drink! No time to fit in a workout either :frown:

Well, tommorrow is a new day and I am determined it is going to be a GREAT weekend! I joined the gym here starting Saturday so I can workout inside hurrah! Lots of interesting machines to try and I think I am the only one who will use it so I get it all to myself mwahaha!

Hope everyone is going well!

Manda I hope your little one gets better soon I shall be thinking of her.

Tigermom - I wouldn't worry about 89 calories! I think you did well, you could have used it as an excuse to go wild but you kept it under control.

Tam - thanks for the recipe! I looooove soup and am planning on making a coupla big batches this weekend and freezing them for lunches.

TNTPete CONGRATS on your degree!! That's fantastic! :drinker:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options

Thinking chocolate chips and marshmellows not so terrible today. Try to go easy on yourself. Another thing you could do is low-fat or sugar free hot chocolate for a sweet fix.

God Bless you and your strength, through him all things are possible.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Well, I am glad that today is a new day, I am going to do better today than I did yesterday that is for sure. I hope you all have a great day.
  • tigermom79
    Options

Nacho Cheese Chicken Chowder
    1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces
    Two 14-1/2 ounce cans Mexican style stewed tomatoes, undrained
    One 10-3/4 ounce can condensed nacho cheese soup (I have only been able to find cheddar)
    One 10 ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
    1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Combine chicken, undrained tomatoes, soup and corn in a 3-1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker. Cover, cook on low heat for 4 to 5 hours or high heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.

Per serving: 244 calories, 6 g total fat, 55 mg cholesterol, 2 g dietary fiber, 24 g carbs, 647 mg sodium, 23 g protein

Makes 6 servings...Enjoy!!

This sounds fantastic and very simple. I think I will make it this week-end! Thanks for sharing. I am a very simple cook! :yawn: So I am not every too excited about the recipes with all the weird ingredients that I have never heard of.

I know my kids are going to love this......It has cheese in it! :happy:
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Well, I am glad that today is a new day, I am going to do better today than I did yesterday that is for sure. I hope you all have a great day.

Momoftwo!!!!! Me too!!!!! However I have another luncheon meeting! GEEZZZZ However, it is at a restaraunt where we can order what we want and I usually do the cheeseburger......NOT TODAY!!!! I have already decided I am getting their chef salad!

The week-ends are always my hardest time. It seems during the week, it is way to busy to think too much about food! This week-end since dh is doing so much better he is going to Albequerque (sp) with a friend to watch another friend race cars. He needs to have a good time!!! So I am home with the teenagers.

I am going to try and get up and do my run early and then off to a craft sale. That will take up most of the morning! Then I can't decide if I want to go shopping or clean house...HMMMMMMMM :heart: I bet I pick shopping!!!

First, to get through today!!! Everyone have a great Friday!
  • andreaxmariexvnv
    Options
    I'm having a problem :( I keep doing so well all day, not even eating close to the calories I'm supposed to be eating, (according to mfp: 1550 calories). But then I end up making up those calories after work at night. Despite the fact that it's all healthy snacks, the calories before bed are the worst :(. I'm just maintaining my weight now and not losing. Eh.. rough week...
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I'm having a problem :( I keep doing so well all day, not even eating close to the calories I'm supposed to be eating, (according to mfp: 1550 calories). But then I end up making up those calories after work at night. Despite the fact that it's all healthy snacks, the calories before bed are the worst :(. I'm just maintaining my weight now and not losing. Eh.. rough week...

I totally understand your frustration. When I was on WW I would always do so well on points until after dinner! EGADS!!!! I basically have to make myself find something to do at night. Craft, play on the computer, go to Wal-Mart (our only shopping facility basically at night), or whatever, just to get me away from food! Do you plan your meals and snacks ahead of time? I know that helps me as well. That way you can see what you will have at the end of the day before you get there and sometimes you can regulate it a little better.

Good luck! And remember we are here for you!