300 lbs and ran my 2nd 5K. I feel like a superhero! (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• babycampy
    Options
    Good job! Keep it up!
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Awesome! So inspiring to read about someone who knows no limits! You go Girl!!
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I weigh around 260 and did my second 5K this past weekend. I was rather down about my slow time (51 minutes) and the back and hip pain that developed later in the day. I need to just celebrate that I'm walking and jogging, not worry about my time, but my spirit is outpacing my body. :)
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your awesome!!! This is so great!!! Good job!!! Keep running!
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You, lady, are a rock star!!!
  • TrixieMarie
    Options
    You inspire me! You are my new favorite superhero!
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

After the race as my husband and I walked back to the car, emotion suddenly overwhelmed me and I had to stop and have myself a little breakdown on the side of the road. I cried like a lunatic for a couple of minutes because despite how tired I felt and how much my feet hurt, I'd just finished my second 5K and it didn't kill me.

The same thing happened to me. After I had finished and I saw my family who was there to support me, I just couldn't help it. That feeling is indescribable. Congratulations!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    The glow race is one that is on my list for next year!! Way to go!! I'm proud of you for doing it despite being the big girl on campus.. sometimes that is intimidating on its own!
  • dalh
    dalh Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You Go Girl!!!! Awesome job!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I am so impressed! Unfortunately my knees prevent me from running much - but I do a lot of other stuff that people seem surprised about. Keep it up - you inspire us all!
  • AdenaJ
    AdenaJ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You should feel like a superhero! I completely understand how challenging it is to walk/run at 300 pounds. Good for you.
  • ashdred
    ashdred Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Truly an inspiration!!! I'm motivated!!
  • wxchaser
    wxchaser Posts: 178
    Options
    You ARE my hero!
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    You are awesome .. thank you for helping to inspire me! I am starting the C25K on Sunday ... :smile:
  • sweetiepaia
    sweetiepaia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    true insparation! way to go
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    Well done!!! Totally inspirational and fantastic!
  • bamitskam
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • Sheri3182
    Sheri3182 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! Truly inspiring....so proud of you!!!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    You are brilliant! you say it was a bit slow, SO WHAT. You did it. I couldnt run for 5 minutes when i was 220!

Keep us posted on how your doing, your an inspiration to many x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!