300 lbs and ran my 2nd 5K. I feel like a superhero! (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You kick *kitten*!!!! You SHOULD be proud! Way to go!!!

PS I teared up reading this. I wish more people had your attitude.
  • meganlynn0103
    Options
    you are fabulous. i didnt start jogging until i was about 230lbs I felt like it was to much weight on my knees to try and run. I jog 5 days a week and i am bulding my laps up. I have to jog the track 5 times to make one mile. I can job 1.5 laps before i start letting the way i am breathing effect me or i tell myself i am tired. But you have just inspired me to keep going. My laps i do tonight will so be for you and your courage to do your SECOND 5k run. I am so proud of you!!!!
  • pharmmom64
    pharmmom64 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I have wanted to try running a 5K and have been to afraid to commit to it. You just gave me the courage! :happy: I'm gonna be on the lookout for one in my area in the near future. Did you do anything to train?
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Keep it up girl!!!
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You are amazing.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Great job, you rocked it! Never feel bad about your size, I'm often both the biggest and slowest, but I finish.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! As someone who weighed 383 at her heaviest, I totally get this and the huge accomplishment that this is. Lots and lots of congrats & keep up the amazing work! Thank you for the inspiration!!!
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    PS: you're rocking it now... imagine how you'll be rocking it as you continue to lose weight! As you lose, your times will get better and you will be such a force to be reckoned with!!!
  • definitelyval
    definitelyval Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You ARE a super hero, and congratulations! I'm so happy for you!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Congratulations!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say thank you to all the incredible comments I've received from all of you. My running post has brought me some wonderful, truly inspiring friends . You guys kill me with your thoughtful, heartfelt comments and messages. I don't want to let anyone down. I think of all of you and all your stories every time I hit the road or the treadmill or lace up my shoes. I don't even feel like I'm running alone anymore.

I think I've said this a million times but if you haven't started running and think some day you'll be ready, let me tell you what. That some day is right now. And there's no such thing as "just jogging." No matter your speed, you're a runner and be proud of every gasping, stumbling, flying, wheezing, sprinting, dying, jogging, running minute you put into your running shoes.

No matter how slow you are right now, you're faster than you were when you were thinking, "someday I'll start."

Very well said! I often say that I don't run. I slog (slow jog). LOL Running for me is at 5mph on the treadmill.
    You rock girl! Keep it up!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    COngrats!! what an awesome feat! :love:
  • Kendra0024
    Kendra0024 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!! Congratulations!! What an amazing feeling.
  • fabulessmommy
    fabulessmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I want to run a 5K and I’ve been walking trying to build up to it. I was 339 when I started and I’m down to 315. I can’t wait to wave goodbye to the three hundreds. You give me hope. I sent you a friends request and I hope we can be a motivation to each other.
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I just want to say WOW! I just completed my 2nd 5K but I walked/jogged. Please tell me how you did it. What was your time? I am so proud of you.
  • enigmachik
    Options
    Yayy!!! I'm so happy for you. Keep running, girl. You're amazing!! :)
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Inspirational!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful!! Very inspiring. I just started training last week. :smile:
  • latanya_ervin
    latanya_ervin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Congrats!
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! that is awesome!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!