?: Doc says my boobs are too big to run?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• stepherjensen
    stepherjensen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My boobs are WAY bigger than yours and I was told the same thing - I have an excellent sports bra with underwires and padded cups adjustable straps hooks at the back. It wasn't enough, so now I use my bra and a second unpadded sports bra from walmart. Works like a charm.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Get a tight sized Enell bra, says the 42DDDD gal. But, expect some tissue damage & drooping in later years as a side effect of the higher impact exercise. Sorry, but it happens.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36D, 5'5", around 160ish pounds and just ran 14 miles outside yesterday, with no boob issues.

for my runs, I wear an Under Armor Endure sports bra that cost around $50. (I have a different style bra by Champion that I wear for lifting or non-run cardio)

I trained for and ran my first half marathon with it and had no problems and am just under two weeks away from my second half marathon with it and still no issues.

I think that if you just get a good sports bra, you will be more than fine to run.
  • kcarlson22
    kcarlson22 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the Under Armour Endure high impact bra. They don't move when I run and I am 38DDD.
  • beckie4442
    beckie4442 Posts: 132
    Options
    I bought a shock absorber and that keeps my english 34FF's pretty much in place. Just start slowly.
  • mandersatx
    Options
    I'm calling BS on the doc, too. I'm a 5'4" & 36DD, and I run every day. In order to prevent stretchmarks and keep the girls in place, I wear an underwire sports bra, and then I put a compression sports bra on top of that. You need to spend a little money on a couple of great sports bras - like lsjd2000 says, they're about $50 on up, but worth every penny. Hand wash and air dry and they'll last forever.
  • rickyyykcir
    Options
    You probably won't read this because there is so many great replies already. You and my sister have the same problem when we try running, so what she will do is a for one minute she will walk and then run for a minute and so on. Yes she still has back pain but not as bad as it used to be for her. I would also recommend buying two really good sports bras and wear two of them. It helps a lot with keeping the girls where they are supposed to be. :)
  • Brookeleith
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and last fall I weighed around 170 and my boobs are 36DD. I did the couch to 5K program and so was running 3 days a week - usually on the road by the beach so somewhat uneven terrain. Occasionally I had slight back pain, but I noticed that it was only when I was using my 'alternate' sports bra. My 'good' sports bra has and underwire and clasps like a normal bra, but is made of sporty fabric. Also at first I was having ankle/leg issues, but I was running with normal tennis shoes and once I got running shoes that went away. I don't run anymore, but only because I have some other health issues and running wound up being too hard on my heart. However, running is hard on the joints anyways and swimming is a great alternative. You can alternate your styles to work on different parts of your body also. Swimming works for me because I can take breaks in between laps to let my heart rate calm down a bit. It all depends on what works for you.
  • LizaJane15
    Options
    Oooh girl I am a smaller around than you AND my boobs are slightly bigger... And I run! Ya know what's the secret? Spending good money on a REALLY GOOD QUALITY sports bra. The best I've found are the Under Armour HIGH IMPACT ones. THEY ATE BETWEEN $50-$60 but get one for a c cup and they will trap those puppies down so hard you won't feel a THING while you're running! I have been running for a good while now and it has DRASTICALLY improved my back problems from my boobs!!!!! Get it, girl!!!!!
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I bought a shock absorber and that keeps my english 34FF's pretty much in place. Just start slowly.

What is a shock absorber & who makes it?
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    My doctor says with the size of my boobs (36D/34DD - depending on where I shop), and with my current weight (170 lb), that I should not run. She says that it will be too hard on my joints and my back.
    HOWEVER, I'm told that circuit training and running are the best way to lose weight - especially to get a flat tummy and nice lean legs... which... of course, is my ultimate goal.
    Any thoughts?

I take it your doctor is male, and a non-runner - these are the only excuses I can think of for such utterly useless advice. Take it from me and my 36GGs. A good sports bra and nice gradual training programme....
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

What is a shock absorber & who makes it?

Nike. They're my running bra of choice too (you want the 'max' one if you're big in the boobage stakes).