30 Day Shred

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• mno19
    mno19 Posts: 1
    Options
    loving the 30DS. I am in day 4 of level 1 and to be quite honest, the only part of my body that is sore are my left arm and my left quad. (i have had 3 injuries on my same knee int he past 2 1/2 years so it is much weaker)

The only thing I do in modified form is pushups since i have really weak triceps. other than that I can pretty much do them all

I am overweight yet it isn't as tough as I thought it'd be. Guess playing sports even while being overweight helped me out a lot.

Can't wait to see some results!

Keep going ladies and you can get what you all have dreamed of :D
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    Bump
  • nsj240
    nsj240 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of 30dayshred and I definitely feel it in my thighs!! My thighs are one of my worst problem areas and while I do run/jog/walk a few times a week I admitedly avoid squats and lunges...even though I know they would help me out the best. :/ They just suck! However, I'm planning to fully stick with 30dayshred, along with eating a cleaner and lower calorie diet, plenty of water and add in strength and cardio along with it. But I love that I am fully commited to a work out video daily so at least if I dont have a great day on eating or don't feel like running or whatever I have this that I HAVE to do. I dont see me losing a lot of fat with this video but it will definitely help with some toning and added strength on all parts of my body which I need.

Anyone else just starting 30dayshred? I'm thinking about doing 6week 6pack abs with J.M. as well, I watched some of level one on youtube and could definitely see getting some results with this. I have a gym membership but it's hard for me to find time to go, I still try to go when I can. I do have a treadmill at home and weights and I do some other home work outs.

Anyway looking forward to sharing my results at the end of this video! :)
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 as well! I am planning on working out after I post this. My thighs are killing me. Went down my deck stairs last night an felt just like jello. Today still wicked sore. I shouldn't have started with 5 lbs on those lunges... I may need to do 3s on that one exercise. Maybe alternate 3s and 5s. Man, I am still sore. Going to move to 3s I think and see if I make it through. uggh. I have done this before and made it all the way through. I told myself I would never do this again, but, then thought, why not-just do it, it's only 30 days and 29 days from now I will be in Aruba so I have hopes to look better on this day! Not sure I will be brave enough to show my progress. Let's just do this no matter what. If I need to lower the weights or do with no weights so be it. I will just mull through the workout no matter what. Good luck!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of the 30ds and I feel it in my thighs!!!!
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I did Day 6-Level 1 today. The first day I thought I was going to die. The only weights I have are five pound ones. That lasted about half a set. :laugh: I raided my pantry and found some canned goods to use instead. I wanted to punch Jillian those first two days - but I figured I hadn't built up enough muscle for that quite yet so I settled for giving dirty glares. Day three I realized muting the TV and cranking my iPod was a GREAT idea! Sometimes when she is talking it looks like she is singing...that is quite amusing. I am still having trouble with the push ups...I've had to modify the modified version. :wink: BUT - proud moment today...I had to go out of town and instead of skipping a workout like I would have not too long ago...I got up extra early to get it done! BAM.:explode:

I am not sure what I will do about rest days or when I will switch to Level 2...maybe I will do 30 days on each level...doesn't practice make perfect??? :laugh:
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I can't stand listening to Jillian while doing this. I have only done two but remember now (I think I did this last when it first came out in 2008). Wants to make sure before I mute her loud mouth that I remember the routine...think I got it. I am going to try...gulp...to go straight through with no rest days...it's only 30 days....I may change my mind on this, though as I usually give muscles a break but, I am afraid I will lose momentum if I don't just keep going.
  • DuckyBW
    DuckyBW Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined this site and I have finished day 2 of level 1. I see everyone's amazing results but am so worried I won't see those kind of results. I am super unmotivated but am forcing myself into doing it anyways. Good work, everyone! Hope I can join these ranks.
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hey - I went to the store and bought some real weights! Those five pounders were too freaking heavy! I got two pound weights. How is everyone else doing this week???