30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Options
    hey ladies,
    I started 30DS today too. Boy, are my quads feeling it!! Walking downstairs afterwards is a killer!!!
    I too saw some before and after pictures on Pinterest which really inspired me and I figured "it's 30 days Marie, gotta give that a go!"
    My rest day is Sunday. I love a lazy Sunday *grins*
    Are you ladies doing the beginner workout or the advanced one? I'm doing the beginner one as my fitness isn't great.
    We can so do this!
    Take care,
    Marie x

Rest day? I thought it was a 30 day program? 10 days straight on level 1, then 10 on level 2 and then 10 on level 3. Where did you find that we could have a rest day .... I've been going for 17 days straight .... sheesh!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I did it last year to kick start my weight loss. I did it in 30 days, 10 days on each level. I then got pregnant in the summer and just now getting back on track so I'm doing it second time around. I'm on day 18 today and even though I've done it before, it's still hard!

Here was my result the first time around: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/petithamu/view/30-day-shred-result-66089
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I did it back in April and am still doing Jillian DVDs. My 30DS results & thoughts are in my blog, toward the bottom (not far, I've only written a handful of times) with all kinds of pictures... But this is my newest picture, after completing 30DS, Ripped in 30 and Kickbox FastFix.
    7820278168_b7e9e30e3a.jpg

Sticking with it is DEFINITELY worth it. I've lost a total of about 15 inches & 15 lbs (between the 3 programs).
  • helenlp83
    Options
    'm starting it tonight and I've never done it before. I have exactly 30 days before I go on holiday. My healthy eating has gone off the rails completely the past two weeks (birthdays and my daughter's christening) so I'm back on plan today and starting exercise tonight. I'd be quite happy to lose 7lb in that time aswell if I can. Do you think it's possible? I'm 5'7" and 184lb. I really need to stay motivated. Told hubby I'm not drinking for the next month aswell! :-)
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    You may not lose the 7 lbs, and honestly, I know many do it for 30 days straight, but even Jillian recommends taking at least 1 day off per week for recovery. BUT, even if you DON'T lose 7 lbs, chances are your clothes will fit better and you will lose inches. Some people have a good amount of weight loss, others have barely any, so there' no real way to predict. Work on your diet for the same time period & you will definitely get results. Best wishes! You can do it!!!!
  • chantellenolan1
    Options
    WOW! Thank you everyone for your comments!!!

I am so inspired by all of you. I would love to keep this thread going for our progress, what about you?

petithamu and mariposa224, you gals look incredible! I can only imagine how good it actually feels. I am so impressed!
  • kelseymaccombs
    kelseymaccombs Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I started it today, also. I thought it was a good workout, but with simple enough exercises that I didn't feel incapable to completing the moves. Definitely got me sweating and I was ready to sit down by the end! Let me know how it goes!
  • KT022
    KT022 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Today was my second day, and I'm glad that it's not just me that's hurting! Doesn't help I've been gymming as well - but those lunges get me!!!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    My poor legs! And arms! This workout has made me realize how out of shape I am. Looking forward to conquering this workout!
  • spinachsmoothies
    Options
    I actually just ordered 30DS yesterday - will be starting any day now (when it arrives in the mail).

Feel free to friend me (anyone) - we can keep each other going!
  • helenlp83
    Options
    I did it last night and realised just how unfit I am. I thought my legs were going to collapse under me! I don't think I've ever been so glad about jumping jacks to have a break! I only paused once to take a swig of water which I'm really proud about. Love how short it is because it makes you push through knowing its going to end sonn. Going to take measurements so I can compare after 30 days x
  • chantellenolan1
    Options
    I did it last night and realised just how unfit I am. I thought my legs were going to collapse under me! I don't think I've ever been so glad about jumping jacks to have a break! I only paused once to take a swig of water which I'm really proud about. Love how short it is because it makes you push through knowing its going to end sonn. Going to take measurements so I can compare after 30 days x

This is exactly what happened to me. I did take 2 or 3 5 second breaks.. and afterwards I almost vomited. It is so intense, but I am so proud of doing my best! Today was day 2 for me.
  • chantellenolan1
    Options
    I love how you all are so into this like I am! It's all I can talk about, haha.

I bought 3lb weights today for like $3 each at Meijer. I think Jillian is using 5lbs? I struggle just with the 3lb... hopefully work my way up.
  • helenlp83
    Options
    Blimey I used 1.1kg weights and that was hard enough! Think I'll stick with them for the whole 30 days. Might up them the next time I do 30 days (will probably do ever other month and change to different exercise in between)
  • jnrinwa
    jnrinwa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 day 4 today. I am obsessed with it too. I am so out of shape and I'm hoping 30 days of this will kick start my goal to get into shape. I'm using 5lb weights, which surprisingly weren't too heavy for me. I'm now nervous for level 2. I have no idea what plank moves are, but they sound scary. ;)
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I started it last week and I had to take a few days off. I'm sure fit people can do 30 days in a row, but I couldn't even stand up or sit down properly because of it. Just started up again tonight. Hoping it doesn't destroy my thighs again, since I kind of need them for work. :\
  • helenlp83
    Options
    I was thinking about a rest day but I think if Ido that I won't go back to it. The fact I go on holiday in 30days makes me want to do it everyday even more. Going to buy a measuring tape today so even if I don't lose weight I'm sure I'll lose inches
  • superflus
    Options
    hey ladies,
    I started 30DS today too. Boy, are my quads feeling it!! Walking downstairs afterwards is a killer!!!
    I too saw some before and after pictures on Pinterest which really inspired me and I figured "it's 30 days Marie, gotta give that a go!"
    My rest day is Sunday. I love a lazy Sunday *grins*
    Are you ladies doing the beginner workout or the advanced one? I'm doing the beginner one as my fitness isn't great.
    We can so do this!
    Take care,
    Marie x

Rest day? I thought it was a 30 day program? 10 days straight on level 1, then 10 on level 2 and then 10 on level 3. Where did you find that we could have a rest day .... I've been going for 17 days straight .... sheesh!

Actually in an interview Jillian explained the workouts should be done every two days, then rest a day, to avoid strain and injury, meaning the whole sequence would take something more like 45 days.
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    started level 1 yesterday! i live in europe and can't find the DVDs here so luckily they're on youtube for free! i found most of level 1 to be fairly simply, even the lunges but then again, i have already had quite an intense strength training workout in place already. what killed me were the pushups! every time she says "one more" i feel like she's lying to me!

anyway, it's a great workout. i really feel it this morning particularly in my arms, shoulders, and back. going for day 2 today but not sure i can make it through all the pushups. will do my best!
  • 3liza
    3liza Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been doing level one and two in one day, then on the next day I only do level one. Been doing it for a week(7 days) now and I get 2 rest days lol. Is anyone doing the diet as well?