30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I pushed through level 1 and I've lost count of the days I've been doing it since I never did it two days in a row (too painful for me as I've also recently taken up running) but it started to get a bit easier so I started on level 2. Oh my word is it a killer. I had to stop an embarrassing number of times! Doing it again tomorrow, hopefully I do a bit better :)

I just snagged the dvd and am also into week 5 of C25K; I'm worried that I'll give up one for another :\

I think I too will be giving myself quite a few "rest" days which in turn will be used to keep up with my 5k training. Being fit is harrrrd ;)
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am on day 24 and I love/hate it. I hate that 20 minutes of hell but love it when I am done. I have actually gained 2 pounds (last I checked) but lost 2 inches. My tummy is def not as "blobish" as when I started.

I just ordered Ripped in 30.
  • Derinq
    Derinq Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 lvl 1 today, so tomorrow will be day 3. It's not easy, especially when I do it after a fire 30 from turbo fire, but I promised myself to stick to it (dream of burning around 1k kcal a day keeps me going). I find it boring and a bit harsh, especially on my back - it hurts like hell :D But if I want results (and I've seen so many amazing progress pictures after the 30DS), I've got to get through it :)
  • alicia0416
    alicia0416 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am on day 24 and I love/hate it. I hate that 20 minutes of hell but love it when I am done. I have actually gained 2 pounds (last I checked) but lost 2 inches. My tummy is def not as "blobish" as when I started.

I am lookin at that one... Lemme know if you like it!!!! I'm lookin for something to start next!!! :)
  • chantellenolan1
    Options
    I am COMPLETELY HOOKED on 30DS!!!!!! I am level 2 day 8.... I've seen results too!!!!!!!! I'm EXCITED about that lol...

th_f1938f3b.jpg
    About a month before I began 30 DS

th_f55c9397.jpg
    A week ago

th_a797975a.jpg
    A month before I began 30 DS

th_afb43be4.jpg
    A week ago....

I still have a ways to go but the results are so nice..... Makes me wanna KEEP GOING!!!!!!

wow your results are awesome!
  • 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Options

You could be my twin. I am day 21 (first day of Level 3). I also plan on doing RI30 after this. I am debating whether or not to rest in between. So far, I have not taken any rest days ...
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day 2 of level 1 but I love it! Really getting my heart rate up and it's FUN!
  • Fozzi43
    Options

You could be my twin. I am day 21 (first day of Level 3). I also plan on doing RI30 after this. I am debating whether or not to rest in between. So far, I have not taken any rest days ...

I think you need to take a rest day in order for your muscles to repair themselves?
  • evanesco
    evanesco Posts: 52
    Options
    I did it back in April and am still doing Jillian DVDs. My 30DS results & thoughts are in my blog, toward the bottom (not far, I've only written a handful of times) with all kinds of pictures... But this is my newest picture, after completing 30DS, Ripped in 30 and Kickbox FastFix.
    7820278168_b7e9e30e3a.jpg

Sticking with it is DEFINITELY worth it. I've lost a total of about 15 inches & 15 lbs (between the 3 programs).

Fantastic results!
  • chantellenolan1
    Options
    Just completed day 6 of level 1, wow.. I am so proud of myself. I am pushing myself so hard to stick with it!
  • chantellenolan1
    Options
    What day is everyone on now? Seeing any improvement?
  • helenlp83
    Options
    I just did day 4 level 1. Found it much easier and felt it was over a lot quick so my stamina/endurance is definately improving. Will let you know if I've lost an inches after 10 days x
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    I've just done day 3 of level one..really loving it, just found the push ups bit hard even though I do them the girly way :blushing:

Edited to add...I can't be sure if it's just the 30 shred but I lost half an inch off my waist!!!!:smile:
  • CHN_
    CHN_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I do 30DS three times a week (mixing it with other things for a total of six workout days a week and one rest day), and last week with only four days of exercise behind me for the week I lost about 1.5lbs! I mix the shred as I also go to the gym and do other things at home (made my own little hybrid sort of), so I do it three times a week, spending two weeks on each level.
  • kellyh0709
    kellyh0709 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I got bored with 30 DS on it's own as the DVD didn't motivate me, but I love Jillian so bought a box set and mix it up with Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones.
    I would say doo extra stretches as it will hurt until about day 4-5.
    There is a good support group on Facebook, if you want hints, tips, support, motivation, people take before and after pictures, get a kick up the bum if they are struggling.
    It's called UK Shred Support Group.
    I have started the 90 day body revolution and love it.
    You have to stick with it, the results from the support group are amazing, 10-15 inches lost in 30 days.
    Don;t be disheartened by lower weight loss either during this as you are exchanging fat for muscle, so inches are a good indicator as to the impact it ha had on your body as well as weight.
    make sure to take measurements as well as weight before you start!!
    Good luck!!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I just did day 4 level 1. Found it much easier and felt it was over a lot quick so my stamina/endurance is definately improving. Will let you know if I've lost an inches after 10 days x

Glad to hear it!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I did it back in April and am still doing Jillian DVDs. My 30DS results & thoughts are in my blog, toward the bottom (not far, I've only written a handful of times) with all kinds of pictures... But this is my newest picture, after completing 30DS, Ripped in 30 and Kickbox FastFix.
    7820278168_b7e9e30e3a.jpg

Sticking with it is DEFINITELY worth it. I've lost a total of about 15 inches & 15 lbs (between the 3 programs).

Fantastic results!
    Thank you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • chantellenolan1
    Options
    Who all is taking a rest day today? (Sunday)

I am! :love:
  • helenlp83
    Options
    I'm pushing myself to do it even though I could quite happily leave it tonight. I had a day off on Wed after only starting on Tues!! I need to keep doing it everyday without a break to fit the majority in before we go away
  • chantellenolan1
    Options
    I'm pushing myself to do it even though I could quite happily leave it tonight. I had a day off on Wed after only starting on Tues!! I need to keep doing it everyday without a break to fit the majority in before we go away

I think you need at least one day to help your muscles recover? Idk I'm only resting for one day a week so far.