30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• Sarah_Super
    Sarah_Super Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Started yesterday, feeling it in my abs today!

Had a moment of weakness when I realised I couldn't even do the modified push up and considered stopping (and throwing a tantrum), but pushed through it and felt proud when I got to the end without dying. Anyone else have problems with those?

Need to invest in a better sports bra for those jumping jacks!!!

This is my first proper attempt at exercise since having my children besides cycling and swimming, and its definitely a challenge. Have been losing weight up until now just via a healthy veggie diet - but that sadly doesn't do anything to tone ;)
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    I did it back in April and am still doing Jillian DVDs. My 30DS results & thoughts are in my blog, toward the bottom (not far, I've only written a handful of times) with all kinds of pictures... But this is my newest picture, after completing 30DS, Ripped in 30 and Kickbox FastFix.
    7820278168_b7e9e30e3a.jpg

Sticking with it is DEFINITELY worth it. I've lost a total of about 15 inches & 15 lbs (between the 3 programs).

WOW! You look amazing. Very inspirational indeed! :-)

As an aside, I too have started 30DS this week. Did day 2 yesterday - acheing like crazy (and I am relatively fit!) but that is a good sign. I put my 'before' measurements in a Blog post, and at the end will post again - with pictures too.

Good luck everyone!
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Had a moment of weakness when I realised I couldn't even do the modified push up and considered stopping (and throwing a tantrum), but pushed through it and felt proud when I got to the end without dying. Anyone else have problems with those?

Need to invest in a better sports bra for those jumping jacks!!!
    1. You're not alone. I can't even do modified and I see a lot of others can't. I do as many as I can and try not to feel bad. XD

2. Ever try wearing two? It doesn't matter how excellent a sports bra is; I will always double up because one alone is never enough support for cardio moves.
  • CHN_
    CHN_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    started level 1 yesterday! i live in europe and can't find the DVDs here so luckily they're on youtube for free! i found most of level 1 to be fairly simply, even the lunges but then again, i have already had quite an intense strength training workout in place already. what killed me were the pushups! every time she says "one more" i feel like she's lying to me!

anyway, it's a great workout. i really feel it this morning particularly in my arms, shoulders, and back. going for day 2 today but not sure i can make it through all the pushups. will do my best!

Try amazon.co.uk or play.com, as both have it and will ship in Europe. Play even ships for free (or at least it does to Norway). Prizes are low too, and you can get the Shred in a box set along with three of her other workouts for like 20 pounds.
  • CHN_
    CHN_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I started this once before, but didn't completely finish as I went off on vacation before I had my last five days of L3. Started it again this week, but as I am mixing it in with other types of workouts I'll be doing it over six week, three times a week (so six days per level). I still work out six times a week, but this way I add different kinds of workouts to the mix as well.

I started with 1kg weights, and still have those for some of the exercises, but I also use 4.5kg weights for some of them (in L1). I need to get 2kg or 3kg weight though, as the 1kg are too light and I can barely feel I have them.

If you get to the point where using the weights are easy, get heavier ones!!
  • helenlp83
    Options
    I do the modified push ups and they are feable but you know what, I'm trying and I do dip a bit but can't go that far down. It's day 1 by day 30 I should be better at them :-) At one point I thought I'm going to die, I need to stop and tehn realised there was only 2 minutes left!! stick with it. Stairs are a problem for me today as was carrying my 10kg daughter to nursery this morning. I feel like the biggest impact this has had is on my thighs/knees. But doing bits and bobs I can feel it on my stomach, arms and back. But if I can feel it then it must be working. I'm off out to buy a measuring tape at lunch today and take some photo's tonight. Come on we can do this!!!:happy:
  • indescribablesin
    Options
    I pushed through level 1 and I've lost count of the days I've been doing it since I never did it two days in a row (too painful for me as I've also recently taken up running) but it started to get a bit easier so I started on level 2. Oh my word is it a killer. I had to stop an embarrassing number of times! Doing it again tomorrow, hopefully I do a bit better :)
  • Simonino
    Simonino Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I looove this workout! I am right now on Day 10 Level 1, and I already see a diference in my arms, legs. My scale didn't move so far but I really feel more toned and fresh and good. I am afraid of Level 2, but I have to keep working hard and pushing myself otherwise....all the results so far are in vain.
    So good luck to you, if you need any questions I am here!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I love how you all are so into this like I am! It's all I can talk about, haha.

I bought 3lb weights today for like $3 each at Meijer. I think Jillian is using 5lbs? I struggle just with the 3lb... hopefully work my way up.
    I used 3lb weights for most of it. I think my 5lbs (that I ordered from Amazon because I couldn't find them in the store when I looked) arrived when I was almost done with level 3. I used 5lbs for all of Ripped in 30 and have now moved up to 8lbs. Just do what you can, push yourself, but obviously without injury. When your 3lbs start feeling "easy," that's when it's time to move up. :happy:
  • GreyV
    GreyV Posts: 60
    Options
    I've just ordered the dvd. Do I need anything else like weights, kettle bell, gym ball etc? I'm really looking forward to starting it. I cycle a lot so my fitness levels are ok but the weight just isn't shifting. Hopefully this will work! x
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I started it last week and I had to take a few days off. I'm sure fit people can do 30 days in a row, but I couldn't even stand up or sit down properly because of it. Just started up again tonight. Hoping it doesn't destroy my thighs again, since I kind of need them for work. :\
    Taking a break is not a bad thing, but I wouldn't recommend more than 1 or 2 days off per week. I know that the thighs KILL for a few days, but if you work through it, you'll most likely find that it eases the pain a bit, at least for a while. And I was always afraid that if I stopped BECAUSE of soreness, that I would just prolong it. I found that each level caused some serious soreness. It generally started sometime about 36 or so hours after the first day, so at some point during day 2 and lasted through days 3, sometimes into day 4. But it got remarkably better after that.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I've just ordered the dvd. Do I need anything else like weights, kettle bell, gym ball etc? I'm really looking forward to starting it. I cycle a lot so my fitness levels are ok but the weight just isn't shifting. Hopefully this will work! x
    A yoga mat, if you want, but not absolutely necessary, and dumbbells. Weight depends on what you can do. I think a LOT of people start with 3lbs, but I've known people who've started with 6lbs, though I can't even fathom that for myself at the beginning of 30DS. lol I can do 8lbs for a lot of things now, but I surely couldn't THEN. :happy:
  • GreyV
    GreyV Posts: 60
    Options
    Thanks. All ordered so tomorrow will be the start of the new me!
  • CooperA1979
    CooperA1979 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4, Level 2 and can only agree with other comments about how great this workout is.

I did the full 30 days straight back earlier this year before my wedding and I toned up so much and shed so many inches.

Unfortunately I stopped working out and fell off the healthy eating wagon with Weight Watchers so have joined here and started 30DS again and I am already noticing the difference.

Good luck GreyV with it :-)
  • Sarah_Super
    Sarah_Super Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ah, great idea on the two bras thing! Shall try that today. It's crazy but I'm really looking forward to my workout this afternoon - I'm practically bouncing off the walls with energy today :D
  • helenlp83
    Options
    I'm not the biggest bused girl (36DD) but I double up. I have a sports bra and then a sports vest top with the bra bit fitted in it. I feel a lot more comfortable wearing both.

I have to say I'm not feeling as bad today as I thought I would however I think the pain may kick in when doing the dvd tonight
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I'm not the biggest bused girl (36DD) but I double up. I have a sports bra and then a sports vest top with the bra bit fitted in it. I feel a lot more comfortable wearing both.

I have to say I'm not feeling as bad today as I thought I would however I think the pain may kick in when doing the dvd tonight
    I've found that, for me, the pain does generally set in (soreness) sometime during day 2. I work out in the morning and if I didn't feel it immediately upon getting up on day 2, I generally felt it by early afternoon. Day 3 was usually the worst, with day 4 still being pretty sore most of the time. After that, it eased up considerably. At least until I started a new level. :wink:
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 1, day 5. I do it every morning since I'm working 11-8 for a few weeks. It revs up my metabolism for the day. By day 5, I could feel my endurance has really increased. Some things, like push ups, are still hard, but it sure hasn't stopped me :)
  • headertone
    Options
    I'm not officially starting the full 30 days of 30DS until after Labor Day, but I did try it for the first time last night and I love it!!! I can't wait to do it for 30 days straight ( I know it will be hard, but with all the great feedback and inspiration from everyone I'll make it!!) Good Luck to everyone!!!
  • helenlp83
    Options
    I'm doing it at 7pm once I've put my daughter to bed (9months). I don't get in from work most nights until after 6pm and there's no way I can fit it in the morning before work because my husband works earlies so can't look after the little one while I do it. I got straight in the bath after I'd finished last night, was nice to have a relax in the tub straight after. Think it may become a ritual :happy: