ICE - How Do I log It?

Options
BigCed77024
BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
here's my question. Ok i KNOW that Ice turns into water eventually..but when it is still ICE and i have say 24 ounces of water, do I subtract 1oz per cube? 2oz per cube?

Also if I drink the water and THEN the ice melts do I count that as water if I drink it? Should I count its as water if i put it in iced tea? Also is the Rapper and Law and Order co-star Ice T named after the famous drink?

Anyways i am trying to get an accurate water count..thanks!

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    bacon
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Save yourself the headache and just log the water, lol. Water expands when it freezes, so X quantity of ice will yield a slightly smaller Y quantity of water once melted.
  • BigCed77024
    Options
    Ok true but that means i am actually drinking more water right?
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options

Also if I drink the water and THEN the ice melts do I count that as water if I drink it? Should I count its as water if i put it in iced tea?

187859_272993279404731_1427427977_n.jpg
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    I say log it as exercise. Because you must have burned atleast 76 calories thinking of that DAYUM question!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Silly boy! Ice is a solid, and should be logged as a food, not a drink!

Next you're going to be telling me that you don't distill and measure the steam coming out of your tea cup so you can adjust the calories accordingly.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Well its ice water you're drinking. That's a negative calorie food! :smile:
  • rowdylibrarian
    rowdylibrarian Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    "Marrow attended Palms Junior High, which was predominately made up of white students, and included black students bussed in from South Central.[5] After graduating, he attended Crenshaw High School, which was almost entirely made up of black students.[5][7] Marrow stood out from most of his friends because he did not drink alcohol, smoke tobacco, or use drugs.[8] During high school, gangs began to intensify in the Los Angeles school system. Students who belonged to the Bloods and Crips gangs attended Crenshaw, and fought in the school's halls.[5] ************Tracy aligned with the Crips,[5] and began reading the novels of Iceberg Slim, which he memorized and recited to his friends, who enjoyed hearing the excerpts and told him, "Yo, kick some more of that by Ice, T,"[8] and the handle stuck. ********** Marrow and other Crips wrote and performed "Crip Rhymes", long before the advent of hip hop and recorded rapping.[9]"

Librarians: we can't help answering reference questions! :)
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log it at all. Just enjoy the iced tea, log it and drink your water. Yes, ice is less dense than liquid water, but that is on a molecular level, I don't think the difference is really big enough to worry about nutritionally.
  • BigCed77024
    Options
    Ok so if I pour a tray of ice into a 24 oz cup and it fills it to the top..its BUT then it melts and ends up around 12 oz..water..its confusing
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    bacon

My thoughts exactly.
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options

Next you're going to be telling me that you don't distill and measure the steam coming out of your tea cup so you can adjust the calories accordingly.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BigCed77024
    Options
    "Marrow attended Palms Junior High, which was predominately made up of white students, and included black students bussed in from South Central.[5] After graduating, he attended Crenshaw High School, which was almost entirely made up of black students.[5][7] Marrow stood out from most of his friends because he did not drink alcohol, smoke tobacco, or use drugs.[8] During high school, gangs began to intensify in the Los Angeles school system. Students who belonged to the Bloods and Crips gangs attended Crenshaw, and fought in the school's halls.[5] ************Tracy aligned with the Crips,[5] and began reading the novels of Iceberg Slim, which he memorized and recited to his friends, who enjoyed hearing the excerpts and told him, "Yo, kick some more of that by Ice, T,"[8] and the handle stuck. ********** Marrow and other Crips wrote and performed "Crip Rhymes", long before the advent of hip hop and recorded rapping.[9]"

WOW thank you i have wonderful for 25 years where he came up with that name! Thank you!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    i chew ice because im frustrated.
  • BigCed77024
    Options

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Only if it's steep so I can get a precise count. But here's the thing i take a shower..water gets in my mouth..i have NO WAY to log that!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Ok so if I pour a tray of ice into a 24 oz cup and it fills it to the top..its BUT then it melts and ends up around 12 oz..water..its confusing

That's because of the air pockets between the ice. What you need to do is fill in those air pockets with something. I'd suggest whiskey. Since you're logging ice as water anyway, it's just a filler to make sure the measurements are less confusing, and therefore should not be logged.

Plus, after your 8th 8 ounce glass of "water", you won't be eating anything and puking your guts up is a great ab workout.
  • BigCed77024
    Options
    bacon

My thoughts exactly.

i love bacon..except when it's cold. bacon and ICE doesnt mix. i wonder if the librarian know if Ice T likes bacon?
  • BigCed77024
    Options
    I say log it as exercise. Because you must have burned atleast 76 calories thinking of that DAYUM question!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

There's no calories in ICE everyone knows that! Unless its flavored.
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options

Today I Learned: Reading causes gangs