ICE - How Do I log It?

Options

Replies

• myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Only if it's steep so I can get a precise count. But here's the thing i take a shower..water gets in my mouth..i have NO WAY to log that!

I know, right?!? Since it's so important to log things carefully, I always duct-tape my mouth shut when showering to prevent the accidental ingestion of water. Plus, it's water thats' about to touch my dirty body! How icky is that? Yuck!

I've heard that for best results you should also duct-tape your nose and caulk any other cavities that might accidentally absorb water from the steam. My problem is that I can't hold my breath for more than 2 minutes and I like my showers to last more than 2 minutes.

However, I've learned that I can wear SCUBA gear so I can breathe tanked air instead of the steamed stuff in the shower. Problem solved!

Then I also read that you can absorb water through your SKIN! DAMMIT!

Now I shower in a drysuit, just in case.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Ice?
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Only if it's steep so I can get a precise count. But here's the thing i take a shower..water gets in my mouth..i have NO WAY to log that!

I know, right?!? Since it's so important to log things carefully, I always duct-tape my mouth shut when showering to prevent the accidental ingestion of water. Plus, it's water thats' about to touch my dirty body! How icky is that? Yuck!

I've heard that for best results you should also duct-tape your nose and caulk any other cavities that might accidentally absorb water from the steam. My problem is that I can't hold my breath for more than 2 minutes and I like my showers to last more than 2 minutes.

However, I've learned that I can wear SCUBA gear so I can breathe tanked air instead of the steamed stuff in the shower. Problem solved!

Then I also read that you can absorb water through your SKIN! DAMMIT!

Now I shower in a drysuit, just in case.

So how do you log all that?
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    Silly boy! Ice is a solid, and should be logged as a food, not a drink!

Next you're going to be telling me that you don't distill and measure the steam coming out of your tea cup so you can adjust the calories accordingly.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I cant take it!!!! My side hurts!!!
  • BigCed77024
    Options
  • BigCed77024
    Options
    i chew ice because im frustrated.

Are you frustrated because dogs dont like you or...??
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You don't log ice at all. If you do, it will cause you to eat double your exercise calories!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You're putting waaaaaayyy too much thought into this.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    Options

I thought it was going to be simple - no water taken in since my body is now hermetically sealed from moisture. It's also helped me with calorie control since no one is inviting me out to have drinks after work. It might be all the flies that have suddenly invaded my workspace for some really odd reason, and seem to follow me around. Plus, there's a weird new odor at the office so I can understand why people might not want to go our for drinks any more. Oddly enough, my car and house have the same exact smell all the time, too.

Anyway, no water ingestion in the shower - problem solved!

Then, the other day, I noticed that the hot water heated up the drysuit and made me sweat.

I licked it off my body. I'm not sure whether to log it or not. I think I'll log half of it and use the other half for an intermittent water fast.
  • rowdylibrarian
    rowdylibrarian Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bacon

My thoughts exactly.

i love bacon..except when it's cold. bacon and ICE doesnt mix. i wonder if the librarian know if Ice T likes bacon?

Of course he does! EVERYONE loves bacon. Chocolate-covered bacon is even better!
  • BigCed77024
    Options
    bacon

My thoughts exactly.

i love bacon..except when it's cold. bacon and ICE doesnt mix. i wonder if the librarian know if Ice T likes bacon?

Of course he does! EVERYONE loves bacon. Chocolate-covered bacon is even better!

Now bacon, with Ice Tea..not the rapper..would be ideal!
  • BigCed77024
    Options

((Pauses) (thinks about this statement)

I'm sorry ...what??????
  • BigCed77024
    Options

I thought it was going to be simple - no water taken in since my body is now hermetically sealed from moisture. It's also helped me with calorie control since no one is inviting me out to have drinks after work. It might be all the flies that have suddenly invaded my workspace for some really odd reason, and seem to follow me around. Plus, there's a weird new odor at the office so I can understand why people might not want to go our for drinks any more. Oddly enough, my car and house have the same exact smell all the time, too.

Then, the other day, I noticed that the hot water heated up the drysuit and made me sweat.

I licked it off my body. I'm not sure whether to log it or not. I think I'll log half of it and use the other half for an intermittent water fast.

yes after all of that you definitely should log it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

((Pauses) (thinks about this statement)

I'm sorry ...what??????

Or maybe it's too much ice... yeah... you are definitely using too much ice!
  • BigCed77024
    Options
    You don't log ice at all. If you do, it will cause you to eat double your exercise calories!

WRONG! you can eat as much ICE as you want. My question is when it turns to water do you tak the before or after evaporation numbers?
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    Options

yes after all of that you definitely should log it.

Trouble is, there were two dead flies in the sweat, and I accidentally got them too. I can't find an entry for "dead fly" in the database.

It's all so confusing.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    ragglefraggle
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Um... really?

Why do you even need to log it? the more the merrier lol....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

WRONG! you can eat as much ICE as you want. My question is when it turns to water do you tak the before or after evaporation numbers?

Seriously... I'm confused. Are you joking or asking a serious question?

If you are joking, hahaha, you tricked me because I thought it was a serious question.

If you aren't joking, then you are putting waaaaaayyy too much thought into this. If you think the volume of the ice is skewing your numbers for the amount of water you are drinking, then just drink an extra glass of water. Honestly, the precise amount of water you drink is not that big of a deal. Just stay hydrated!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    bacon

My thoughts exactly.

Or even better yet - caramel with bacon!!! YUM!