ICE - How Do I log It?

Options

Replies

• Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Just be careful that you don't microwave your ice. That will destroy all of its nutrients and make it totally useless to your body.
  • Haylz_ish
    Options
    I'm dying :laugh:
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Are there more calories in water from my bathtub than from my kitchen sink? What about the garden hose? My dog is thin and drinks toilet water all the time.

Your dog needs to get a MDP account..mydoggiepoodle.com
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Options
    I'm dying :laugh:

That's because you're not eating enough ice - YOU'RE IN STARVATION MODE!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Iceman.jpg
    The formal definition of density is mass per unit volume. Usually the density is expressed in grams per mL or cc. Mathematically a "per" statement is translated as a division. cc is a cubic centimeter and is equal to a mL

E.g.

100 g x 1.0 mL = 108.7 mL = 0.92 g

The increase in volume of ice is about 9%.

The normal pattern for most compounds is that as the temperature of the liquid increases, the density decreases as the molecules spread out from each other. As the temperature decreases, the density increases as the molecules become more closely packed. This pattern does not hold true for ice as the exact opposite occurs.

In liquid water each molecule is hydrogen bonded to approximately 3.4 other water molecules. In ice each each molecule is hydrogen bonded to 4 other molecules.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Are there more calories in water from my bathtub than from my kitchen sink? What about the garden hose? My dog is thin and drinks toilet water all the time.

Your dog needs to get a MDP account..mydoggiepoodle.com

Wait, what about doggie?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Options
    I heard too much ice will make you bulk up. IS THIS TRUE?

Don't worry, it's all water weight.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I heard too much ice will make you bulk up. IS THIS TRUE?

Don't worry, it's all water weight.

Does water weight weigh more than fat?
  • cvthatcher
    cvthatcher Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    the real question is how much ice do i consume to make up for the liquid i lost peeing myself laughing & reading this whole thread.

and to the guy who suggested filling the air holes with whiskey...:drinker:

no one has addressed how much to log if you catch snowflakes on your tongue...not like that's a texas problem...!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    the real question is how much ice do i consume to make up for the liquid i lost peeing myself laughing & reading this whole thread.

no one has addressed how much to log if you catch snowflakes on your tongue...not like that's a texas problem...!

I got some water up my nose swimming once. Gained 12 pounds.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Options

I got some water up my nose swimming once. Gained 12 pounds.

Did you know that a BroScientist once proved that if you snort your calories, they go straight to your biceps? No lie.
  • cvthatcher
    cvthatcher Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    that's why i use an umbrella in a storm. so that water doesn't rain down STRAIGHT TO MY THIGHS
  • cmod57
    cmod57 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ok so if I pour a tray of ice into a 24 oz cup and it fills it to the top..its BUT then it melts and ends up around 12 oz..water..its confusing
    24 oz of water is stilll 24 oz of ice even when melted there is just more volume due to lager molecues in the cubes if you really must count it it's 24 ozs if you use all the ice other wise divide 24 by the number of cubes ..that should get you close to the desired measurement your seeking although I wouldn't bother just gueestimate your daily H20 intake.
  • cmod57
    cmod57 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Iceman.jpg
    The formal definition of density is mass per unit volume. Usually the density is expressed in grams per mL or cc. Mathematically a "per" statement is translated as a division. cc is a cubic centimeter and is equal to a mL

E.g.

100 g x 1.0 mL = 108.7 mL = 0.92 g

The increase in volume of ice is about 9%.

The normal pattern for most compounds is that as the temperature of the liquid increases, the density decreases as the molecules spread out from each other. As the temperature decreases, the density increases as the molecules become more closely packed. This pattern does not hold true for ice as the exact opposite occurs.

In liquid water each molecule is hydrogen bonded to approximately 3.4 other water molecules. In ice each each molecule is hydrogen bonded to 4 other molecules.

Well said ....DOS XX
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Are you by any chance OC????? Because if that's the case, knowing whether the bathtub water or the toilet water has more calories in general won't be enough for you--you'll have to know who took the bath.
  • MeadowSong
    Options
    I ate a mosquitoe while I was running tonight. Only I didn't mean to. I should log it though, but I didn't want my friends to read my diary and find out what I did...

Bacon. Before you ask, it tasted like bacon.

If you suck them in through your nose you don't have to log them, but they don't taste as good.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Ok so if I pour a tray of ice into a 24 oz cup and it fills it to the top..its BUT then it melts and ends up around 12 oz..water..its confusing
    24 oz of water is stilll 24 oz of ice even when melted there is just more volume due to lager molecues in the cubes if you really must count it it's 24 ozs if you use all the ice other wise divide 24 by the number of cubes ..that should get you close to the desired measurement your seeking although I wouldn't bother just gueestimate your daily H20 intake.

Lager molecules?

l_eeb24bc0-ad0b-11e1-b2e9-9194b9d00004.jpg

Edited for 40% more relevance.
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I ate a mosquitoe while I was running tonight. Only I didn't mean to. I should log it though, but I didn't want my friends to read my diary and find out what I did...

If you suck them in through your nose you don't have to log them, but they don't taste as good.

So.... Nothing to be ashamed of? O.K. Nose it is.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    So how do you log all that?

I thought it was going to be simple - no water taken in since my body is now hermetically sealed from moisture. It's also helped me with calorie control since no one is inviting me out to have drinks after work. It might be all the flies that have suddenly invaded my workspace for some really odd reason, and seem to follow me around. Plus, there's a weird new odor at the office so I can understand why people might not want to go our for drinks any more. Oddly enough, my car and house have the same exact smell all the time, too.

Anyway, no water ingestion in the shower - problem solved!

Then, the other day, I noticed that the hot water heated up the drysuit and made me sweat.

I licked it off my body. I'm not sure whether to log it or not. I think I'll log half of it and use the other half for an intermittent water fast.

What about the sweat you couldn't reach? Then you have to deduct that from your water, and also add sodium back in your diary because of the salt in your sweat.
  • MeadowSong
    Options

So.... Nothing to be ashamed of? O.K. Nose it is.

No, never any shame for a mosquito or two on the run. Now, don't get started getting a bag of them and sitting down on the couch with them--THAT would be something to be ashamed of!!