Call me a B if your whistle/holler isn't flattering..

Options

Replies

• ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Harassment-role-reversal-smack-dat.gif

Some men have all the luck.......
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I usually just laugh. Honestly. I wouldn't "fall for it" persay...but nevertheless, it's always flattering, even if you "say you hate it"....
    deep down, you always feel pretty after because someone took the opportunity to notice you.
    So he's going about it the "wrong way" so what.....just take the compliment and keep walking.

There are more than a few posts that dispute your notion that it's "always flattering." Perhaps it is for you. If others say they hate it, who are you to tell them that they are actually flattered?

slow down. Everything is going to be okay.

well said. Some do find it difficult to read between the lines as it were. Especially with topics like this.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Street harassment is pretty much never ok. It's just another part of patriarchy, which says it's ok for men to police women's bodies. *shrug* That being said, I don't get upset when it happens to me, I just ignore it. It's not flattering TO ME, but I know that for MOST guys, the sentiment behind it is to flatter, so I'd rather just ignore it rather than make it into a scene. YMMV.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I usually just laugh. Honestly. I wouldn't "fall for it" persay...but nevertheless, it's always flattering, even if you "say you hate it"....
    deep down, you always feel pretty after because someone took the opportunity to notice you.
    So he's going about it the "wrong way" so what.....just take the compliment and keep walking.

There are more than a few posts that dispute your notion that it's "always flattering." Perhaps it is for you. If others say they hate it, who are you to tell them that they are actually flattered?

well said. Some do find it difficult to read between the lines as it were. Especially with topics like this.

Just wondering what exactly is there to read between the lines? The original post in this chain assumes that because she feels a certain way everyone does. I do not find whistles or cat calls at all flattering. It's degrading. Maybe MissAnjy should speak for herself rather than tell me how I feel.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options

Just wondering what exactly is there to read between the lines? The original post in this chain assumes that because she feels a certain way everyone does. I do not find whistles or cat calls at all flattering. It's degrading. Maybe MissAnjy should speak for herself rather than tell me how I feel.

Agreed. I don't like whistles or catcalls, and I'm quite sure that I don't. If you like it, cheers- you can have mine.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    What? Bitches don't like that?

LOL
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    What is it with men (some men...not all) who whistle or holler at a woman, and then when she doesn't respond how they want, insult her? I was literally just called a b*tch by three PGE workers who yelled at me/whistled, and didn't get the reaction they wanted. It's not like a cussed them out either haha, I guess my "natural reaction" to men yelling at me in public is a grimace sort of face. Sorry it doesn't flatter me to get attention like that.....sheesh.

Some girls cat call and whistle at guys too! A couple months ago my buddies and I were walking down a street with a row of bars to meet up with some friends I knew when all of a sudden we walked past a bar with an outdoor patio and there was a group of girls that started whistling and cat calling us!

....needless to say we stopped in for a drink ;):drinker:
  • Jebbster007
    Options

First of all....and I've read them all quite carefully.....no one is "TELLING" anyone how to feel. It is her "OPINION" that those who say they hate it on some level secretly like that they are being admired even if it's not the way they prefer to be admired. It is her "OPINION" that they are in denial about hating it. She is allowed to have and share her "OPINION" in the exact same way you are allowed to have and share yours. If you don't like her "OPINION" and you feel like you STILL haven't voiced enough dissatisfaction with her "OPINION".....by all means, take the time and effort to voice your own "OPINION" about how lousy you think her "OPINION" is. Have a nice day.

edited for spelling
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

This is the funniest thing I have ever seen!!!!! :laugh: brilliant!!
  • SurfinBird1981
    Options
    :laugh: It seems that no matter how lighthearted a thread or post is meant to be, it always gets someone's knickers in a twist....
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Is whistling and shouting at women not a thing of the past? Like the 1980's?

Gents, its all about the eye contact
  • Jebbster007
    Options
    :laugh: It seems that no matter how lighthearted a thread or post is meant to be, it always gets someone's knickers in a twist....

boy isn't that the absolute truth
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    no, I hate wistles or calls also, very embarassing everyone looks. I also kinda cringeand then usually hear something like "oh that ***** thinks she too sexy" "oh she is stuck up" "she's a *****" "she's ungly anyways" always makes me laugh because i never did anythign to make you do that to me and after you clearly make it obvious you find me somewhat attractive you will tell me i am ugly or stuck up? hmmmmm
  • SurfinBird1981
    Options

boy isn't that the absolute truth

Unfortunately so...
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You mean you lot have never played "Double pap"?

I still love playing it. It's brilliant.

As you're driving along, pick some unsuspecting person on the side of the road. Give your horn a quick double tap, raise your hand to them as if you're waving at them/acknowledging them, like you know them.

Wait to see whether they wave back.

Most people will, because a) they don't want to seem rude if someone is waving to them as they may genuinely know them, b) a lot of people are so self-important that they believe everyone should know them.

It's pretty funny then looking through the mirror as people are stood there scratching their heads wondering whether they actually knew the person that had just honked at them!
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    This skit cracks me up. I really wish these guys had gotten a show on network TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUiICWeJJWMYMiITpB_mFBjQ&v=1DViogbPTH4&feature=player_detailpage
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    when i was in college walking down the street with my girlfriend, a car drove past and the guy yelled "f*** her, I would" my then girlfriend was absolutely horrified. Sadly, I couldnt stop laughing. 20 years later, still makes me chuckle. I should grow up.
  • SurfinBird1981
    Options

As you're driving along, pick some unsuspecting person on the side of the road. Give your horn a quick double tap, raise your hand to them as if you're waving at them/acknowledging them, like you know them.

Most people will, because a) they don't want to seem rude if someone is waving to them as they may genuinely know them, b) a lot of people are so self-important that they believe everyone should know them.

It's pretty funny then looking through the mirror as people are stood there scratching their heads wondering whether they actually knew the person that had just honked at them!

LOL my mum and I used to do this all the time! We call it the "beeping game" :laugh:
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

iv just put this on my fb for my non mfp friends cos i love it its crazy funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options

LOL my mum and I used to do this all the time! We call it the "beeping game" :laugh:

Ahhh but did you used to have a points system? Double points for the elderly, triple points for people on bikes, and quadruple points for if they fell off whilst looking around trying to wave...

...Ok so I can be a little harsh.