too old

Options
I think I might be to loose weight. I should have done this years ago when I was in my prime. Is it too late now???

Replies

• Lumett
    Lumett Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's never too late. Get on board and get started, no time like the present, don't dwell on the past just go for it my friend!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    No way! I'm 44 too and though weight loss may be slower than in my youth, just follow MFP as designed, find exercise you love, track EVERYTHING and the weight is guaranteed to drop off. I feel fitter now than ever. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    LOL I sincerely hope not! I'm a decade older than you and I think it's working pretty well! Good luck. You can do it.
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me? 44 too old? Poppycock! I'll be 42 in two weeks and enjoying getting control over my eating and exercising. I've got a friend who is 44-45 and she's a crossfit instructor.

No more excuses! Let's DO THIS!
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    Hell no! It's never too late. You are only 44 and who's to say you have been at your prime yet? You have to want it bad enough if your going to make it work though. Good luck.
  • sphenisciforme
    Options
    You're 6 years younger than me, and I'm definitely not too old!!
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    NEVER TOO LATE!!!!!
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You're just a meer child...... of course its not too late you just have to stick with it. 1st step is to make the decision that you want to. 2nd step is to make that start. 3rd step is to watch the pounds/ kilos drop. Good luck.
  • kindlewalker
    kindlewalker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    44 is young. You can be fit and running along the beach or hiking in mountain meadows in months. If you can walk, you can get fit and slim.

If you think you are old now (and you are not), think about what it would be like to be 80 years old and carrying around extra weight. Old people who are overweight are prisoners inside their bodies. It keeps them from enjoying life, from actually participating in life.

I hope you can convince yourself that being overweight and unfit is just a choice at any age.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hell no, that's just an excuse!
    (nearly 46 years young here).
  • tatgirl67
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • tatgirl67
    Options
    You're right!! Another excuse to use!!
  • Susan_Rae_1
    Susan_Rae_1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    you got some great advice on this thread -- and I will add on... You are starting a journey of many small steps. You need to decide to start NOW, You likely will fall, but you just pick yourself up and move on. You can do this. My favorite of the posts on this thread challenged... "who says you've reached your prime yet?" WOOOO! I love that -- I'm living it and I WILL GET there. Good luck and feel free to add me -- and that goes for anyone else. Support is KEY..
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I saw a cousin who I haven't seen in 2 years. She's 75, and has always been overweight, as long as I've known her. In the past 2 years she's lost 90lbs. She still has a long ways to go, but to know that she's 75 and has lost 90lbs, inspires me that I can do this. She is doing it through Weight Watchers. Her, my mom and I talked about Weight Watchers and MFP, and how it won't work until the person is ready to lose it and how everyone has their own struggles in life but it doesn't make their struggles any less important than someone else!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness...you are only 44. I am 61 and losing. I am the healthiest that I have ever been.
  • chelle866
    Options
    its never too late chick, youll do great xx
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My 65 year old mother is losing faster than me. I'd say no.
  • clehman71
    clehman71 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The only time it is too late is when you are taking a ride in a long black car. When you decide it is time, and you are dedicated to doing it...it is the perfect time. I signed up couple of years ago, but didn't really do much with it. Back in February of this year I finally decided to make a change. I feel amazing now that I have lost weight and still have more to go. You CAN do it, if YOU want to do it!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Nope. Definitely not. At 49 I consider myself to still be in my prime and I am losing weight and exercising more than at any other time in my life.

If you think you can do it, you can. You have to believe in yourself!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Never to late to lose and get fit.