too old

Options

Replies

• stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Your 'prime' is right now! Take it from me, someone who is only 'middle-aged' if I get to be 106!
  • skooter1818
    skooter1818 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My aunt is 59, has no thyroid, and lost 40 last year. Gives me hope. Just sayin'
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 41 (in November) and in the best shape of my life. 44 ain't old, lol.
  • CatholicUK
    CatholicUK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If ever you should think yourself too old, then take a look that this 70 year old guy...

http://www.odditycentral.com/news/dr-jeffrey-life-the-guy-with-the-head-of-a-70-year-old-and-the-body-of-a-20-year-old-bodybuilder.html

Inspired? I am!

Marie xx
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    No way! My nan's 74 and managed to lose 17lbs so far using this site. My mum and dad are 43 and 45 and lost over 5 stone each so no, not too old...
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm going to be 58 next month and I don't consider myself old at all :). It's never too late to eat right and exercise. Wish u well
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    I lost over 60 pounds after 40
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You are never too old to start a healthy lifestyle. I am 44 and feel soo much better now that i am getting up amd moving and dropping some pounds.Its harder for me than those that are younger, but it just makes me try all that much harder.
    Welcome aboard and lets get to it!!!!!
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    48 here and I'm getting in better shape than I was when I was in my 30's..
  • leslie0422
    leslie0422 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    No way! I'm 41 and I'm feeling better than ever. I'm not as little as I was in my 20's but I'm in much better shape and have a lot more muscle tone now than I ever have. And I just started working out hard core about a year ago. Once I set my mind to it and really started counting calories and working out the weight really begin to drop quickly.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I just turned 60 and no ................ too old sounds like an excuse to me. Get it together and move it. If I looked at the fridge and it had that on.....that would turn me off.....maybe your negative fridge.......needs to be changed to Hey.....move it beautiful....You can do this....just saying my 2cents worth. Change the negative to positive thoughts and see what happens...add exercise and healthy eating and you are not be too old to lose weight. GO for it!! Good luck
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I hope not - if you are at 44, what hope is there for me at 63?
  • hellou76
    hellou76 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When I opened your profile I was expecting that you would be 70+ years. Is there really a time when "we are too old" for anything? NO not in my opinion, there is a time when it's too late but that only arrives the day they put you in a box, and leading a healthy lifestyle will hopefully ensure that, that day will be a long time coming.
  • Dudagarcia
    Options
    LOL I sincerely hope not! I'm a decade older than you and I think it's working pretty well! Good luck. You can do it.

Lol I agree :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Too old to lose weight? There is no such thing. I lost 27 lbs last year when I was 50. I completed the C25k and a 2 hr Zumbathon this year at 51.

All you need to do is start. Eat healthy food most of the time and save the junk you love for occasional treats. Do what you can for exercise. Start slow, but push yourself so that over time what you can do becomes what you need to do to stay fit.
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You are NEVER too old, I'll be 65 in December and I started in February - I'm even gonna join a gym!! Welcome to Maturity Plus!!
  • Dudagarcia
    Options
    When I opened your profile I was expecting that you would be 70+ years. Is there really a time when "we are too old" for anything? NO not in my opinion, there is a time when it's too late but that only arrives the day they put you in a box, and leading a healthy lifestyle will hopefully ensure that, that day will be a long time coming.

Lol so was I expecting to see a 70 +
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    No way - and I am the proof! I am 56 and from April last year until early May this year I lost 97lbs and have maintained my weight since then. There is no excuse to not get in there right now and make your life more healthy. I am nothing special - so you certainly can manage it! Go for it - start now!!!
  • Gingfitbit
    Options
    No Way!!!!
    I am a young 64 power walk around 15 miles most normal days.Hike through the hills and dales,climb trees and saw them down.MY children are in their 40s....Dont keep giving yourself permission to stay overweight,change 1 small thing for the good everyday.Throw a wobbly when you fall off your wagon which you will surely do but dont stay off pick your heavy butt up and get straight back on track again..You are worth it and you can do it if YOU WANT TO. Gina x
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    No way is it too late. I'm 47 and lost 80lbs. You can do it.