too old

Options

Replies

• Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I am older, and I have MS and I have lost 40 so far since February.
    Was it easy? NOPE
    Was it satisfying? ABOSLUTELY
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Never too late! I'm 13 years older than you are and I reached 100 pounds lost in 10 months and 2 days yesterday! So jump in and get healthy!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Wow. I don't think 44 is old at all. WTF?

You're in your prime. Go for it!
  • Erika1962
    Erika1962 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I was thinking just like you, but it is never too late! I will be 50 next month and have lost 87 pounds since December! :smile:
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I think I might be to loose weight. I should have done this years ago when I was in my prime. Is it too late now???

No way. 44 isn't old! I'm 45 and dropped 113 pounds in one year, the all natural way too.
  • marnet12
    marnet12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    48 here and working it! I've got a lot left in me.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm 65 and losing at a good rate - about one pound a week. It's never too old. Cougar power!!!!
  • AmmyP
    AmmyP Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good lord I hope not! I'm still going for it and I'm 62...You're in your prime. It will just take longer than if you were less than 40.
  • browneyedmurmur
    Options
    You can do it!
    My mom changed her exercise and diet habits about a year and a half before her fiftieth birthday and she was rockin' mediums from the junior's department for her big 5-0! I can't recall how much weight she lost in that time, but I am wanting to say it was somewhere between thirty and forty pounds.
    It is possible - don't be discouraged!
  • jlong7774
    jlong7774 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You may feel too old but you are not and now is the time to start. Sometimes we get in a rut feeling bad and bad things happen. You can do it if you try. Use MFP to keep track of what you eat and start some exercising. You will be amazed how much better you feel when you are making progress. Remember this is a life change and not just a fad.
  • fmeisele
    fmeisele Posts: 55
    Options
    52 here, I've lost 70 or more pounds 4 times in the last 25 years. Don't make up excuses to sabotage yourself.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    That awkward moment when you open a thread expecting to encourage a senior citizen and you realize the person is the same age as you. I don't consider us old nor past our prime! Get active and make healthy food choices. You are NOT too old!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I call BS! You're never too old. I'm 44 and in the best shape of my life. Start small - don't set crazy goals. Find some exercise that you like, or if you just don't like, you find tolerable. Find an accountability partner! Never too late! I LOVE how many responses this generated!
  • tmcbear
    tmcbear Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope not! I am 51 years young and am starting today! After months of putting it off, I am going for it! You can too!!
  • goodeater24
    goodeater24 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I lost 75 pounds when I was 58 and have kept most of it off for several years.
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am fitter and healthier than I have been for many years and I am 58!
    I am now at maintenance and happier than I have ever been...your just a kid!
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    tis never too late.... n yes we do use a varied number of excuses to not lose weight n that is one. I was 48 when I started.... wish i had started earlier... but it is what it is...and now i am 50 n healthier than a horse... git cracken girl...there is no time like the present ;)
  • seahunt11
    seahunt11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Its NEVER too late!
    Your Never too old.
    Im 49 fat with a breathing problem. Twice as hard to even walk
    for exercise. I do what I can and really keep a close tab on my food.
    lost 18 # so far. You can too!
  • Susan_Rae_1
    Susan_Rae_1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wow. I don't think 44 is old at all. WTF?

You're in your prime. Go for it!

That's the spirit! 44 is NOT old!
  • Gran315
    Gran315 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Heavens above!! I'm practically old enough to be your grandmother ..... I'm 76 and living in hope that I can get rid of some of this flab before I turn my toes up and give the local undertaker a bad back.
    44 is nothing these days, wish I'd had MFP when I was 44, then maybe I wouldn't be so fat.
    I've never posted before (joined a month ago) but I just had to reply to your post.