too old

Options

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    All oof you are so encouraging! I am 40 (and in Ohio, too)
    I am ate that 'lots of big changes all at once' time of life. and I know deep down I am not too old and life isn't over, but some days all Ican think is...."what now? I feel too old to plan anything."

sad.

anyway- it was good to read here
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and both lighter and fitter than I've been for ten years.
    Age is a number - don't let it be an excuse.

Google Dr Charles Eugster Challenge to see what 91 year old body builder and rower is doing - inspirational.
  • nessivjnat41
    nessivjnat41 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's never to late, besides you'll feel better!
  • wendybrat75
    wendybrat75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Its never too late! Good luck! :smile:
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    No way too old. I'm turning 52 next month and I have actually lost weight well using MFP than when I was younger. If I can do this anyone can. Go for it!!!
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Age is not in this rule book!

Just think, you'll loose weight and look and feel even that much younger!
  • lesliefb
    lesliefb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hell no! It's never too late. You are only 44 and who's to say you have been at your prime yet? You have to want it bad enough if your going to make it work though. Good luck.

Love it! Yeah, who says you've even hit your prime yet? It very well could be ahead of you if you make changes to get there!

I'm 42, and I'm doing fine. I'm also on a medication that makes me gain weight, so I have another factor going against me. But I'm taking it slow and making changes that I can sustain for the rest of my life. It's still early in the game, but I haven't yet changed anything other than making healthier food choices and watching my portions. I diligently record everything I eat, staying within my calories (even near the top range), and have been losing weight slowly but surely.

You can do it!!
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You are NEVER too old, I'll be 65 in December and I started in February - I'm even gonna join a gym!! Welcome to Maturity Plus!!

^^I like that Welcome to Maturity Plus!
  • c3js80
    c3js80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It's never too late. After gaining and losing the same 50 lbs for years I decided enough was enough. I'll be 56 next month and have kept the weight off for 2 1/2 years.
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You are never too old to take control!

And I like everyone who has posted on here you are all so supportive!
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Never too late! I started a month after I turned 40, and was extremely out of shape.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    To old???? your profile says 44. 62 here and I was at 212. Perhaps your just having a bad day? If you think your to old you have more problems than weight. To old....no way.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Another 44 year old here and I started out at 273 lb.

Get yourself to the gym and work off that weight, you might actually find yourself enjoying it and you will certainly like the results :bigsmile:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I'm 45 now and started here when I was 44 - I'm down almost 20 pounds, in the best shape of my life, run 5k's and win medals (I started running only last year), and I have great definition in my legs from running.

Age is a number, girl...don't let it hold you back!!
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    My mum is 52 and she actually inspired me to lose weight! She lost over 10 kilo's and is a healthy 68 kilo's now, I want to be there where she is :happy:
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My good friend who started on this journey with me last fall lost 20 pounds quicker than I did--she's 84. She sews a lot--beautiful quilts--and had gotten very sedentary through the wintertime when not gardening. She said she was amazed at how little walking she could do all at once. Regained strength a by walking all she could several times a day. This summer, even in our drought, she had a hugely productive garden. The older you are, the more important it is to protect your health. And a bonus--when you are physically active, it protects your mind. GO FOR IT!!!!!!
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Never too old to get healthier...and certainly being in your 40s is not old.
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It's not too late till you are in the coffin!
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I'm a '67 model too (45, March baby). Gratifyingly enough my metabolism still works close to as well as it did when I was younger and dieting.
    Just do it! :bigsmile:
  • Malrouke84
    Options
    Hey OP - Age is just an other number you have to beat... so get to it : )