Losing Baby Weight

Options

Replies

• squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Don't you love the deflated feeling after just having a baby? Ick. I still have it, and I think it's going to be here forever. I'm considering giving in and just wearing a scuba suit underneath my clothes. You know, the mom uniform consisting of sweatpants and oversized tees. Go easy on the bike, don't overdue it and hurt your insides....all things can rupture or bleed profusely so soon after birth.
    Good for you and your motivation, although, I don't know a woman who doesn't want to start the exercise the minute after the baby comes!
    Good luck and congrats on your new baby!
  • singcoz528
    Options
    How do you all find time to exercise? Do you have equipment in your home? All I have is Wii Fit which helps but it takes so long to get to my calorie goal and by the time I get halfway done the baby wakes up from her nap.

I haven't gone back to work yet, I'm a nanny for a little boy with Down syndrome so when I do go back I probably wont be working more than 3 or 4 days a week and it will probably be mostly at night. I'm with the baby 24/7 my Hubby works CONSTANTLY (His boss/best friend just passed away (its been a bad year for us other than our little one)

I can't get a gym membership because I can't get out of the house to use it. I have very limited babysitters. How do you all do it? The gym, workouts, and the baby?

Oh, and btw, for those of you that have had c-sections, does your scar itch like CONSTANTLY? The Doc said that means its healing well, I'm past my 6-week-restrictions so I'm wondering if you all have this problem what do u do about it? Someone said I should use some mederma, do you think that would help?
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    my scar seeped for a while, and then could get itchy, (it's vertical, not horizontal too) I usually just kept it as clean and dry as possible and also - sometimes just putting a bag of peas on it (wrapped in a towel) - that can fend off some of the itch.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    sorry - frozen peas - lol
  • mandita
    Options
    Hi Becca welcome. :smile: Sorry to hear about your Mother. *hugs* Congrats on your little girl.

Kristin I sent you a message.

I did two sets of 15 minutes today on the exercise bike(once in the morning and once in the afternoon). I put the bike on level 4 and I feel great despite having a cold that is slowly taking my voice away. I am just tired of being all flubbery right now. I also feel like I had hit a plateau. I know that the baby is not even 3 weeks old yet but I just couldnt just sit here and do nothing while I wait for the six weeks to pass. Since I started using the bike I am feeling better, more energy. :smile:

I have a cold too :((( . but I thought it's not a good thing to exercise when you have a cold. Now, seeing you, if I feel better in the afternoon, I will make low impact aerobics.
  • mandita
    Options
    How do you all find time to exercise? Do you have equipment in your home?

Oh, and btw, for those of you that have had c-sections, does your scar itch like CONSTANTLY? The Doc said that means its healing well, I'm past my 6-week-restrictions so I'm wondering if you all have this problem what do u do about it? Someone said I should use some mederma, do you think that would help?

I will be honest. My DS is a such a "in mommy arms" boy. So, if I want to exercise, my DH entertain him. I am using workouts dvd: Jane Fonda - Complete personal trainer, Ministry of sound - Dance workout, just dancing or pushing the stroller on our town' hills lol.

3 months after CS I tried not to push myself. My mother had adhesions (I don't know if it's the right word) near the scar, because she worked to hard after CS. And those adhesions can be a real pain in the *kitten*. It's my biggest fear. I don't want to be cut again :(( .
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options

Vipersgirl...I didn't get a message from you. Did you send it to the right person? IDK...let me know!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Can't post right now...have to get some work started, but I'll be back later to post! Have a great morning!
  • sonshinersmama
    sonshinersmama Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How do you all find time to exercise? Do you have equipment in your home?

Well I have to say that it has not been easy to find the time to work out. I have never been able to go to the gym and for a long time made that my excuse of why I wasn't losing weight. But this baby and much to much accumulated baby weight I decided I needed to make a lifestyle change. I have some older ones that can help but sometimes I just have to stop and take care of baby, but at least I got in 10 min or 20 min or maybe even the whole workout before I have to quit. I also am trying to be more active. Walking, pulling the stroller through the sand at the beach instead of making my older son or hubby do it. Parking further out. Just getting off my bottom to keep moving. I know it is tough. Just try and do your workout whenever it will work. I even have started working out at night once I put all the kids to bed. Never did that before because I thought it would keep me awake..but it isn't and I'm so happy I did my workout when I'm done. I do the Turbo Jam workouts. You can find any kind of workouts on ebay. I also did Tae Bo on youtube until I got some money to buy a workout. You can do it!! Just do it!! And congrats on your sweet baby!
  • sonshinersmama
    sonshinersmama Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sorry, didn't know how to quote..learning!
  • singcoz528
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I wish I could take the stroller out on walks but its so cold here. I live in Northern WV. We have already had snow. I suppose I'll just have to get in 10-20 min workouts throughout the day. Thanks again for the advice!

My scar is healing really well the doc said. What are adhesions? I've never heard of that before.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree, finding time to work out is HARD!

Whenever I try to use the stair machine at home, my youngest climbs all over it. If I do pilates or anything where I'm laying on the floor, he'll come and sit his diapered butt literally on my forehead. He thinks it's hysterical. If I'm using the resistance band, he'll tweak it like playing a banjo... and if I put DOWN the resistance band to grab some free-weights, he'll steal it and run off with it. So I have to hide it when not in use. When I plug in my 10 Minute Trainer DVDs, I can hardly get through a workout without tripping over him. My oldest isn't so bad... for the most part. However, needless to say, frustration levels run HIGH. I try to work out mostly when he's napping, or else I shove him at hubby and DEMAND he keep the baby out of my hair, just long enough for me to do what I need to do.

Walking with the stroller is great- except I work during the day four days a week and by the time I get home it's cold and pitch black out. Stupid winter weather! I try exercising WITH my kids (using them as weights, lol) but they don't have the attention span for it. It's fun at first, then they want to do something else. HOUSEWORK, I've found, can be a great workout, though. It burns a lot of calories, and as moms we have to do it anyways! I try to make a game out of it- clean as much as I can as fast as I can. Definitely gets the heart rate up! Also, I put on music and dance with my kids. It's fun and easy enough to do.....
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I had bladder adhesions, my bladder had attached to my uterus and had to be surgically separated....it was not pretty. So, that's what they are....
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I had two c sections, and the last one was 17 months ago with my daughter. I have about 30 pounds to lose before I get some confidence back and another 10 to feel really good about myself. I did not lose a single pound for a year. I weighed the same as when I walked out of the hospital. I recently lost 10 pounds over the course of a few months. C sections are awful for me, my skin has no elasticity so I have this gross droopy fat stomach that is AWFUL.
    I have decided that I need to get dedicated or Im never losing the weight. I go up and down 5 or so pounds during the week, and I just want to lose the weight!
    Thanks for the thread this is great for us moms!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning ladies!

gympamela...WELCOME! I'm going to add you to our member list! I also have about 30 pounds to lose to get to my pre-preggo weight...we can do this together!

Suzanne...those bladder adhesions sound horrible! Glad I didn't have that!

As far as finding time to work out, you have to make it a priority. That's the only way I've found it possible for me. Talk to your husband or a close friend and plan on a time that you are going to exercise, either at home or at a gym. For me, I go for one hour in the evenings right now M-Th and then on the weekends if possible. It's hard because I work fulltime (7-3:30), and I want to spend all my free time with my daughter, but I know that if I don't make time to exercise, I will not be happy with myself and regret it in the long run. So, I come home after work and play with my daughter for a while, then head to the gym from about 5:30-6:30 (as this is usually when the classes I like to take are), home for dinner, and then some more playtime with my daughter until she goes to bed around 8:30 or 9:00. In a perfect world, I would be home fulltime and be back at my prepregnancy weight (actually less than that!:wink: ) and completely happy! But, it is what it is, and this is what works. Things might change when my husband is back at work (right now he is home with Kadence during the days as he works construction and is laid off in the winter).

ANYways...yesterday was good. I made some homemade Turkey Stroganoff for dinner and went to a step class! It was a great workout! Always feel good after sweating a ton! Next week I am planning on starting back in on my BodyPump class! Can't wait to add weights back into my routine and start working on toning and slimming down! So...here's kind of what my workout schedule will be:

M- BodyPump (1 hour)
    T-Step (45 minutes)
    W-BodyPump (1 hour)
    Th-Step (45 minutes)
    F-REST
    Sat and Sun-Depends...would like to try and get in some running. Hoping in another week or so to add in a Spinning class on the weekends also.

I might alternate the step classes with some treadmill running also. Actually...eventually it would be great if I could get in a half hour run before BodyPump class (which would mean an hour and a half at the gym), but for right now, this schedule looks fine to me!

Well...hope you all have a grea Friday morning and I'll check back later!!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Updating the list...again, feel free to edit...

Kristin (kistinbee)...I am 26 and just had my first daughter on September 5, 2009 by C-section. I am married with 2 dogs and 2 cats also. I work fulltime as a research associate and I'm wanting to lose the extra weight and work towards becoming certified to teach spinning and BodyPump classes!

Stephanie (shamm08) I'm 26 year old with two amazing childern Jonathon 3 and Isabel 11 months. I'm married to a wonderful man name Tom we have been married a year. I'm a stay at home mom until the Jan then I plan to start looking for work it will be so hard to leave my babies. My goal is to get in shape when I was younger I was thin but never in shape. I also like to one day be able to wear a two piece again.

Hannah (Hannah_Banana)... I'm 21 and had my first child, Wesley in Sept of 07. I'm married with 2 dogs and I run my own full-time business from home, as well as invest in real estate. I have my MBA that I probably won't ever get to use because I never want to 'go to work' every day again! I'm thinking about going back to school for accounting or tax law, but even that sounds like too much work. For exercise, I play Dance Dance Revolution, use the bowflex but I reeeeeally want one of those nifty spin bike/elliptical machines you can stick under your desk, since I have to sit at the comp several hours a day.

Suzanne (squoozyq)...I had my baby in April, and have not lost a flippin' pound! I had GD, so I gained more than I should have even on insulin. After my first 3 babies, I got back down to 115lbs. After my last two, I'm at 185lbs, and depressed. NOthing seems to work, and I give up often.....
    I would very much like to join the group if that is ok....

Susan (susanecho)...I'm 31 and had my first baby on 8/3/09 via c-section. I am currently working full-time as a nurse and married to an awesome husband who is not quite ready to work-out with me yet, but tells me how great I'm doing and that he's proud of me. We have a beautiful daughter and a cute puppy. I want to lose this weight before having my next baby. I'm actually only 10lbs heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight, but was overweight to begin with. My weigh-ins will be Saturdays because I don't have a scale at home and I can weigh-in at work. Glad to be apart of this great group! Happy weight loss ladies!

Mina (Mina133842) real name is Corrina, but I go by Mina to friends and family. I had my first baby in January, his name is Mason. I'm married to my husband, who lost weight on his own before we got together and got married, but I've been overweight almost my whole life, and don't want my son to have a fat mom that can't do anything with him. We also have 3 cats, and I have a VERY large family (I'm #5 of 6 kids) and they're all cheering me on (even if they don't live near me). I would like to have one more baby, and will probably start "trying" for that sometime next summer, but I want to continue to become fit and active - since I never have been...

Catalina (Mandita) ,29 age, I am romanian so my english it's not very good, I have a DD 6 yrs old and a DS 7 months old (born april 2009). I started a body transformation 2 weeks ago, using all weapons, cardio, healthy diet, massage.

vipersgirl, 37 years old. I have a few kids. I started myfitnesspal before I got pregnant with the last child. I am trying to get back into the habit of putting everything I eat into myfitnesspal now that I have had her. Right now I am cleared to walk.

Carrie (MercuryBlue). I'm a mother of two from BC, Canada. My youngest was born a year ago almost to the day (the big first birthday is this Sunday!), and I'm STILL trying to shake off this baby weight, and then some!

Sonshinersmomma...I have had 10 children. (20yo - 5mo old, 6girls and 4boys) When I was younger the fat just melted off. Well now after my sweet baby boy was born 6/29/09 I have to really work to get it off. So I now weigh 184 lbs after losing 14 since I started this venture. I will turn 40 next year right before my baby turns one. I would like to be far down on my way if not reach 135-140 my pre baby weight.

Marie (marie2779)...I had my second daughter Feb. 2009. I was really "lucky" to not put on much weight- only 20 pounds- unfortunately that was due to severe morning sickness. So only putting on 20 pounds I thought I'd lose the weight in a snap. Well- I started on here about a month ago with only 10 pounds down out of that 20! (oh- and my daughter weighed over 8pounds!) so- my first goal is to get down to 145- which was my prepregnancy weight for my second daughter after I meet that I would like to get to 140 (prepregnancy weight 1st daughter) My biggest challenge is exercising.

Becca (singcoz528)...I have a beautiful 6 week old little girl! I had her via c-section so I know what most of you have been through. My abs feel completely shot still. I was on MFP before my pregnancy and lost over 40 pounds! Then we found out my Mom had cervical cancer and my diet became completely ruined. I turned for food for comfort. A month later I found out I was preggers and it kicked me out of my funk but I gained over 70 pounds My mom has since unfortunately passed away so I have had a lot to deal with emotionaly and I'm looking to get off the weight rollercoaster!

gympamela...I had two c sections, and the last one was 17 months ago with my daughter. I have about 30 pounds to lose before I get some confidence back and another 10 to feel really good about myself. I did not lose a single pound for a year. I weighed the same as when I walked out of the hospital. I recently lost 10 pounds over the course of a few months. C sections are awful for me, my skin has no elasticity so I have this gross droopy fat stomach that is AWFUL. I have decided that I need to get dedicated or Im never losing the weight. I go up and down 5 or so pounds during the week, and I just want to lose the weight!
  • singcoz528
    Options
    Wow Carrie thanks! Some great advice! My little one is still only 6-weeks so I don't have to worry about her climbing all over me...yet...lol. Its more of a problem that she never wants to be put down!
  • mandita
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    How are you doing?

Today had arrived st Nicholas and we received a lot of sweets in our shoes. So I sinned. I ate 6 bonbons :((((( .
    I couldn't help myself. :(((((

I also made homemade chocolate :((( and I taste 1 spoon. :((((
    I had a cold and I used this excuse to not exercise and eat healthy. Now I am in a such a bad mood.

But tomorow morning I will start with a big bol of fruits and with 45 minutes cardio.

Have a nice day ladies ! huggs
  • vipersgirl28
    Options
    How do you all find time to exercise? Do you have equipment in your home? All I have is Wii Fit which helps but it takes so long to get to my calorie goal and by the time I get halfway done the baby wakes up from her nap.

I haven't gone back to work yet, I'm a nanny for a little boy with Down syndrome so when I do go back I probably wont be working more than 3 or 4 days a week and it will probably be mostly at night. I'm with the baby 24/7 my Hubby works CONSTANTLY (His boss/best friend just passed away (its been a bad year for us other than our little one)

I can't get a gym membership because I can't get out of the house to use it. I have very limited babysitters. How do you all do it? The gym, workouts, and the baby?

I just make sure I have time. We have a treadmill(which I don't use), exercise bike (which I love to use), boxing bag(which I plan on starting).

I have the wii and I have the fit for it to but hate the time it takes. its a nice warm up.. I would suggest getting the fitness coach game for it.
  • vipersgirl28
    Options

Vipersgirl...I didn't get a message from you. Did you send it to the right person? IDK...let me know!

Thats weird I sent it to you through here. I can try again. It was a lot of information about breast feeding tips. getting the supply up.