Replies

• ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    self motivation is a noble trait
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I haven't added any friends other than my wife. I'm here for me. MFP + Friends = Too much drama!

^^^ This
    I've only added my friend at work to introduced me to MFP ... so far.
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    When I need extra support, I wear my jock strap. Keeps things just right.

Awwe are we boasting again?
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    So I know i have been on the wagon off the wagon over the past few months but mostly do to busy schedule and health issues. I have to say though the best feeling today was deleting all my fitness pal friends and am starting over. I felt as if they were not being very supportive and have decided that I need more supportive people around me. Starting over feels awesome!:happy:

Interesting definitions of the terms 'friend' and 'support' in operation here.

Good luck.
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    I wasnt speaking in regards as to what I do and dont eat or when and how I exercise. I was speaking in regards to responses to your "friends" when you post replies to things and they never reply to your posts but they do to other people. i am not petty or self absorbed but it is nice to not be ignored.
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    Thanks! I will!
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    you got it!
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! Hope you are doing well!

~Glynis
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you'd like! :)
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    Good luck with your new kick at the cat. Sometimes we need to just clean out the closet and get at it.:smile: You can do it.

THANKS!
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    The negative replies are amusing. I can see why you might want to delete and start over on this site:). Add me if you'd like. I'm in a 6 week bootcamp that requires me to post all food/exercise to MFP, and I can pass on what I'm learning. I can be definitely supportive for at least 4 1/2 more weeks:)! Best wishes on the new start.

THANKS SHANNIE! Thats exactly what I am talking about! And for all the others who are questioning my support, I have logged on at least a few times a week since I joined and left supportive hoo-rahs for others. unfortunately nothing was left for me! so it is true that you give what you get but when you dont get then I give the boot and dont feel bad at all about doing it. If you dont want to be my friend then dont request to be my friend. simple as that.
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Scratching my head...
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    First, you get back what you give. Second, why are all these people jumping to be added after the entire previous FL was thrown under the bus??

confused.jpg

My thouthts exactly!
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    So I know i have been on the wagon off the wagon over the past few months but mostly do to busy schedule and health issues. I have to say though the best feeling today was deleting all my fitness pal friends and am starting over. I felt as if they were not being very supportive and have decided that I need more supportive people around me. Starting over feels awesome!:happy:

I have noticed people who have signficant weight to lose never take any accounability for themselves. I am out of the house a mimimum of 12 hours a day, recently had surgery, and had problems walking due to problems with the tendons in both my lower legs yet still manages to take proper care of my diet. Whatever is going on is not a justification for going " on and off the wagon". Those are just excuses. The attitudes of people around you is another excuse. Why should people be supportive of someone who blames everythhing else other than their own lack of determination, will power, motivation.....etc...

This is a horrid generalization. I have a significant amount of weight to lose and I know that I am solely responsible for going it. This is exactly the type of attitude that would get you deleted from alot of friend lists. I don't believe the OP is making excuses but she is recognizing the items that are holding her back. I am totally supportive of her deleting her friend list and starting over. Having positive people who give encouragement is exactly what can help bring someone who is stuggling to this site everyday.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Yes, success depends solely on what friends you have on MyFitnessPal. If you make friends with one of those 6-pack abs guys, you will loose weight for sure.
    ^^^
    This. I FR'ed Sidesteal & lost 85 lbs overnight. True story. If he ever leaves, it's Mountain Dew & Cheetos for me.

Seriously, OP...you were admittedly inconsistent in your efforts the first time around, yet you had an expectation that your friends should cheer you on when you felt like taking care of your business. What some of the others are trying to say is that depending too much on others is going to bite you in the *kitten* no matter who's on your FL.

I am here for ME. I use this site to log my food & connect with others I think I have something in common with. I don't expect them to comment on everything I do. It's nice if they do, & I know it's not personal if they don't. Sometimes my life is busy & I don't get to spend much time on here apart from logging. My friends don't assume I no longer support them if I don't comment on their stuff because the people on my FL are focused & accountable for their own efforts.

Best of luck with your new batch of friends, I hope they give you whatever it is you need to reach your goals. And if they do, for your sake I hope they don't ditch you like you did those others, who very likely are unaware you even did so.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I have noticed people who have signficant weight to lose never take any accounability for themselves. I am out of the house a mimimum of 12 hours a day, recently had surgery, and had problems walking due to problems with the tendons in both my lower legs yet still manages to take proper care of my diet. Whatever is going on is not a justification for going " on and off the wagon". Those are just excuses. The attitudes of people around you is another excuse. Why should people be supportive of someone who blames everythhing else other than their own lack of determination, will power, motivation.....etc...

This makes me wonder what kind of people you're around that you've made this assumption. If this is true, then I really am a special little snowflake!
  • meka325
    meka325 Posts: 47
    Options
    Were people being negative towards you or were they just not responding alot? First scenario is unacceptable and good that you dumped them . Second scenario, well folks might be busy....
  • kristymcgee
    Options
    WOW....Good luck...Just remember that YOU are resposible for what you do and eat, not your MFP friends...
    You might have to start looking for something else to blame now that you have no more MFP friends to drag you down....

Exactly! I don't like all the hearts and flowers messages. I am doing this for me. I love my friends here but if I had someone that just posted ALL the time on my status - it would come off as insincere!
  • Mrbusterb
    Mrbusterb Posts: 114
    Options
    You can add me
  • Mrbusterb
    Mrbusterb Posts: 114
    Options

....People can be so mean....smh