NO SUPPORT

Options
1235»

Replies

• dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I've been here for over a year, and have lost over 40lbs. Back in Oct. my family and I went thru some hard times and had to move in with inlaws. During that time I had limited access to the internet and wasn't able to log on everyday. I still made sure that I watched what I ate and exercised daily. When I could log on I made sure to offer my friends what support I could. When were able to get a place of our own, I was on here daily giving support to just about everyone, I just wasn't taking the time to log my food and exercise. If I needed advice I would post it on my page, only to get no advice. When I did post my food and exercise I got very little support from others. I've been thinking about deleting my friends too, but didn't know if that would be fair. After reading your post I'm deleting my friends too. I could use a fresh start!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    So I know i have been on the wagon off the wagon over the past few months but mostly do to busy schedule and health issues. I have to say though the best feeling today was deleting all my fitness pal friends and am starting over. I felt as if they were not being very supportive and have decided that I need more supportive people around me. Starting over feels awesome!:happy:

I have noticed people who have signficant weight to lose never take any accounability for themselves. I am out of the house a mimimum of 12 hours a day, recently had surgery, and had problems walking due to problems with the tendons in both my lower legs yet still manages to take proper care of my diet. Whatever is going on is not a justification for going " on and off the wagon". Those are just excuses. The attitudes of people around you is another excuse. Why should people be supportive of someone who blames everythhing else other than their own lack of determination, will power, motivation.....etc...

This is a horrid generalization. I have a significant amount of weight to lose and I know that I am solely responsible for going it. This is exactly the type of attitude that would get you deleted from alot of friend lists. I don't believe the OP is making excuses but she is recognizing the items that are holding her back. I am totally supportive of her deleting her friend list and starting over. Having positive people who give encouragement is exactly what can help bring someone who is stuggling to this site everyday.
    EXACTLY!! OBTW what does OP mean???
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    Were people being negative towards you or were they just not responding alot? First scenario is unacceptable and good that you dumped them . Second scenario, well folks might be busy....

They werent rude but they reply to others and never to my stuff.... to make a long story short
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I've been here for over a year, and have lost over 40lbs. Back in Oct. my family and I went thru some hard times and had to move in with inlaws. During that time I had limited access to the internet and wasn't able to log on everyday. I still made sure that I watched what I ate and exercised daily. When I could log on I made sure to offer my friends what support I could. When were able to get a place of our own, I was on here daily giving support to just about everyone, I just wasn't taking the time to log my food and exercise. If I needed advice I would post it on my page, only to get no advice. When I did post my food and exercise I got very little support from others. I've been thinking about deleting my friends too, but didn't know if that would be fair. After reading your post I'm deleting my friends too. I could use a fresh start!

THIS WAS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY! THANKS! :flowerforyou:
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    So I know i have been on the wagon off the wagon over the past few months but mostly do to busy schedule and health issues. I have to say though the best feeling today was deleting all my fitness pal friends and am starting over. I felt as if they were not being very supportive and have decided that I need more supportive people around me. Starting over feels awesome!:happy:

I have noticed people who have signficant weight to lose never take any accounability for themselves. I am out of the house a mimimum of 12 hours a day, recently had surgery, and had problems walking due to problems with the tendons in both my lower legs yet still manages to take proper care of my diet. Whatever is going on is not a justification for going " on and off the wagon". Those are just excuses. The attitudes of people around you is another excuse. Why should people be supportive of someone who blames everythhing else other than their own lack of determination, will power, motivation.....etc...
    ....People can be so mean....smh

YES THEY CAN! :flowerforyou:
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    There seems to be a rampant problem on this site with people failing to understand the difference between concrete and abstract concepts. Supportive, in terms of an internet forum, is going to have different meanings for different people. Just like the words rude, jerk, snark, thin-skinned, and any number of other descriptions people like to toss around at each other because they lack any other ammunition for their public pissing contests. It is all a matter of perspective! So while you feel that your friends were being unsupportive, they may have felt differently. You are being quite judgmental to blame your lack of success on them. It was probably for the best any way.

My question to you is what makes you think the next batch of friends will be any different than the first? I mean, after all, you are just randomly selecting strangers on the internet to 'support' you.

this time I will only be adding my friends that are on here already,,, Not strangers.. I can do this on my own but enjoyed listening to other people's acheivements and goals and questions and answers but now I am only looking at those on the message boards.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add my if you would like. It helps so much if you have supportive people around you. Who needs rude, sarcastic and irrogant people, they just bring others down.

*arrogant (or do you mean ignorant?) people*? *They ...
    Perhaps she meant irrigant?. I know I'm not found of being irrigated. It gets me down for sure.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Don't you hate when people start out saying " no offense but..." because you just KNOW you're about to be offended?

Well, no offense, but, don't add me. It's no one's job but YOURS to accomplish YOUR goals. Saying your friends aren't supportive enough makes it sound like you're blaming them for your failure. And then to wholesale kick them to the curb? No thanks, with friends like that who needs enemies? Good luck on your journey, I sincerely hope you find some that can live up to your expectations so you can reach your goals.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    OBTW what does OP mean???

OP = Original Poster
    HTH
    (Hope This Helps)