Dear women over the age of 20

Options

Replies

• ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    If the 'women's section' where you're shopping is anything other than great you're in the wrong d@mn shop! Is there only one shop??? Go somewhere else, stop trying to be a teenager.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Can you please send this to my MIL?

I think my Step-MIL does too and she's over 60 for sure. I think she wore a prom dress to my SIL's wedding.

Sadly, I can totally relate.

Bahahahaha my aunt wore one to her son's wedding, full on prom hair with a tiera too!!!
    But yeah if you've hit puberty it is no longer appropriate to have an odd numbered size.
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have to wear juniors unless i want to pay for a tailor. im only 4'8". "womens" clothes just hang off of me. :(
    There are such sizes as Petite, also. These are ladies clothes that are made for smaller women.

Coming from someone who is under 4'11 petite clothes are awful. they are still always too long and for some reason are randomly really really wide. Especially the tops. It's like they think that if you are short you are also extremely wide... it's lame.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Right now, while i'm still losing weight/inches, I buy stuff that's cheap and fits, I don't care where it's from.
    That means a lot of Old Navy sale rack, Urban Planet (not outfitters, planet, Candian version of wet seal or Forever 21 with not as cool clothing), and walmart.
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 years old but I have a rather curvy body. I found that American Eagle & Charlotte Russe have stretchy jeans made for curvy women. I'm pear shaped & even though I've lost weight I'm still in the same size 11 jeans in juniors. Womens size I'm around size 8 jeans I think... I don't shop in womens clothes because...they look kind of outdated for me.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I have to wear juniors unless i want to pay for a tailor. im only 4'8". "womens" clothes just hang off of me. :(

One of my best friends is this way. She's literally bought pants & shoes in the childrens dept and has to go to women's stores for tops. Shopping with her is something else.
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    *shrugs and carries on buying her trainers tax free from the children's section*

Hahaha me too :). It is nice to be able to buy shoes at half the regular price.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    That's cute! Of course there are cute things in the Juniors dept. I would/have bought myself, there are also some things that just look crazy/ridiculous on an adult too. Then again, if someone has no clue how to dress then they will find crazy or inappropriate in any dept.
    Btw, this outfit, 100% from the juniors department at Nordstrom. I like it. I'm 27. And I think I look pretty cute. So whatevs..

Mer1.jpg?t=1345672165
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    For me I can't buy jeans in the women department, have tried them on because of the fact the size was smaller. However, I have a small torso, the jeans in the women department that I have tried, I feel like they come up to my neck. I have to wear my top tucked in at work and I am not going to look like I am wearing my pants around my head. I like the fit in juniors, plus I'm smaller now then I was as a teenager and I'm gonna enjoy every moment of it by shopping where I feel like I look better at. I do not wear the obnoxious glittery loud things, I personally would rather wear a dress and I buy most my dresses from Ross and most my jeans come from Rue 21.

Agreed! Clothes from different stores/ departments/ brands, etc. fit different people different ways- I don't think there's a rule that the minute someone turns 20, they are now old and look trashy is "juniors" clothes. There are also plenty of places that have very classy and appropriate juniors clothes. Personally, juniors pants look better on me, and tops can go either way. I'm certainly not going to turn away a cute outfit because the size number is odd and not even. The judgement in these forums blows my mind.

I am almost 32 and I wear juniors jeans still. I have to. I have no hips, no *kitten*, and I am very petite. I stay away from the loud and obnoxious jeans, but the woman's do not fit....and believe I still try when I go shopping. As for the trashy part of those clothes- I stay away from. I always find cute tops in the misses and petite sections! I also always find hideous stuff too- eeewww.

Anyways, agreed about the stereotypes here... come on ladies we are better than this.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Where are you guys shopping that the women's section on has "frumpy" items or "mom" jeans? Accessories, hair style, confidence,etc also play a key roll in making an outfit frumpy or not.

Where are you shopping where you can't buy Jr section clothes that fit?? I am very curvy (36-25.5-36) and I can and do often find pants, shirts, and dresses in teenager type stores that fit fine (mediums and larges, size 5-9 pants, most JR stores I shop at have bigger sizes available). I mean, I probably have to wear bigger sizes than I would in adult stores, but they fit and its not like I wear the tag hanging out for all to see.

Yes, they are cheaper than non-Mom, attractive women's jeans, but that's the point. I wear jeans every day and I don't WANT them to cost $50+.

I have a few pairs of high waisted pants but I don't want to deal with that all day everyday. Ever worn belly button high pants with a naval piercing? Lol maybe it is more than my clothing that needs to grow up.

I haven't stepped foot in a jr department for years. I buy jeans for $24 at JC Penney. They aren't "high waisted". I also have a pierced belly button. None of my adult pants comes close to it.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I'm 22 and still occasionally buy juniors clothes. I shop based on my style, really, and sometimes there are really cute dresses in the juniors department. Of course, there also tend to be a lot of tacky things, too. But I am very well dressed (honestly, probably one of the best-dressed people I know. This probably sounds a little cocky. And I guess it is pretty cocky, but hey, if I know I've got great style, why try to deny it) and some juniors clothes look great on me.

However, my sister is 27 and still shops in that department and it's not always great. I want to give her style advice, but she always gets so offended. Sigh. But really, honey? A Tinkerbell t-shirt? And not even in an ironic way? Come ON.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 years old but I have a rather curvy body. I found that American Eagle & Charlotte Russe have stretchy jeans made for curvy women. I'm pear shaped & even though I've lost weight I'm still in the same size 11 jeans in juniors. Womens size I'm around size 8 jeans I think... I don't shop in womens clothes because...they look kind of outdated for me.

Based on some of the posters' rules, AE is ok because their jeans are even numbered. =P I love AE jeans.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair of junior's jeans because they kicked *kitten*. I'm 25, I don't see why there's an issue.
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Buy clothes that have instructions on them about how to not anger you, and you will be much loved
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Please stop shopping in the juniors department....They are made to fit the bodies of teenagers (children). They run small so you can probably go down a size by moving up into "grown up" clothes. And yeah, they are made for teenagers.

ladies heed these words
  • AmyFett
    Options
    That's cute! Of course there are cute things in the Juniors dept. I would/have bought myself, there are also some things that just look crazy/ridiculous on an adult too. Then again, if someone has no clue how to dress then they will find crazy or inappropriate in any dept.
    Btw, this outfit, 100% from the juniors department at Nordstrom. I like it. I'm 27. And I think I look pretty cute. So whatevs..

Mer1.jpg?t=1345672165

you do look cute!!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    If the 'women's section' where you're shopping is anything other than great you're in the wrong d@mn shop! Is there only one shop??? Go somewhere else, stop trying to be a teenager.

The majority of JC penney's and Kohls "women's section" simply suck. Sorry, I have no desire to be a vera wang model.
    Penney's does have a small section of really cool clothes, but most of it are basics such as plain t'shirts and sweaters.
    There are some cute blouses there, but it's a HUGE hit and miss.

Kohls, 85% of their clothes just don't suit me and my jeans and t'shirt fabulousness and the occasional nights I dress up for the husband.

I quite bothering with Macy's and every other store years ago.
  • nphillips0124
    Options
    Yeah, how about no. I shop in the juniors to score on cute seasonal dresses and skirts, and I don't plan on stopping just because I'm over that ~magical~ age of 20. Thanks though!
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Due to vanity sizing women's clothes is cut huge, there is no way I'm a size 0 but that's what I'm wearing right now. I have jeans from 15yrs ago when I weighed 105lbs and had 34" hips and that was considered a size 2 or 4 then.

I think a lot of women wear Jr's because if you are petite/small framed you don't have much options other than 00, which is rare to find and honestly silly that it even exists simply because of vanity sizing.
  • AmyFett
    Options
    Buy clothes that have instructions on them about how to not anger you, and you will be much loved

I don't buy clothes for other people, I buy them for me. If I like it, I wear it,. Screw what other people think.