1235»

Replies

• lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    A couple of my favs;

2 pieces string cheese and one piece dry toast
    Greek yogurt

Or....if I am on the road, I do my two pieces string cheese and a serving of red grapes.

I HAVE to have protein at breakfast or I get the shakes really bad from my coffee! :laugh:
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Someone asked WHY low carbs... I have hypothyroidism and I lose weight better if I go lower carb/higher protein.

No kidding! Just calorie counting didn't work so well for me, so I've been doing high fat/low carb for a few months. Results are great AND I feel better than I've ever felt. Is.. is this what normal feels like? I've never felt normal! Whoo hoo!
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Not sure how LOW you want (like South BEach Low or Atkins?). If the first, try 2% cottage cheese, splenda, 1 tsp to 1 tbsp sugar free smuckers and some crushed nuts sprinkled on top. (I used 1/2 bag of the emerald cinnamon almonds 100 calorie pack.) Heat for 20 to 25 seconds. Soooo yummy and LOTS of protein.
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I made my first ever protein pancake at the weekend and was amazing, I had been craving pancakes and it hit the spot as well as providing the protein I needed. Im definitely going to try the banana pancake next!
  • JanetLynnJudy
    JanetLynnJudy Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I do low carb. also. On the weekdays I eat breakfast at work and I do not cook anything. I bring it from home. These are the type of things I eat for breakfast.

string cheese
    celery with dip
    peanuts
    almonds
    full fat ricotta cheese
    spoonful of peanut butter

I'll usually have one or two of the above and then I pair it with hot tea with splenda or diet soda.
  • Shaybug
    Shaybug Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My protein pancakes are a little different from the ones previously posted...the freeze and refridge well so you can pop them in a toaster too.

1/2 c rolled/quick oatmeal
    1/3-1/2 c cottage cheese
    1/4 c egg whites
    stevia and cinnamon to taste

Blend it all up and cook on stovetop or griddle.
    If you let the batter sit it can get pretty thick as the oats absorb the liquid so just dilute a little as needed.

Sometimes I top with a dollop of Greek yogurt, berries, PB2, etc