Options

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options

40% crabs
    30% protein
    30%f fat

I am sorry, but not only is this great advice, it's also hilarious. Hard to be sad after this! Thank you, Zara! :happy:

Your welcome! LOL. Blinking predictive text! Keeps catching me out! :-)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    good luck with that defeatist attitude.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    it's not very fair that I have to torture myself just to lose weight...

You are correct on all counts. You don't HAVE to torture yourself to lose weight and it isn't fair to expect that you can't lose weight without doing so.

I'm one of those very hungry people and I have successfully reached my goal weight and maintained. I did this by setting my goal to only lose 1/2 a pound a week and my activity level ABOVE sedentary - even though I wasn't. I also scheduled myself to get SOME FORM of PLANNED exercise each day and to eat those calories - (talk about motivation to exercise!). Next I examined and researched WHAT I ate and eliminated specific foods that made me feel hungry - like soda, popcorn, potato chips, stuff like that. Then I ADDED foods that made me fell good and full. I planned all my meals and split the total across my waking hours so that I could eat every few hours. I made sure that everytime I ate, it contained a healthy fat, carb, and protein. The mind game I played in my head was, okay I just finished eating, I will get to eat again in 2 hours, I can last until then.

Well, that was over two years ago, and it wasn't until the 2nd year of doing this that my hunger caught up with my new eating plan. Meaning that now I can eat smaller portions and fewer calories than I used to but feel better and less hungry. Not everyone needs to do this to lose weight, but it worked for me. P. S I used the MFP estimates for exercise calories, and I consistently lost 1 to 2 lbs a week for the first year and then just the 1/2 lb a week for the last 20 pounds.
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    tumblr_llw5bscrZx1qkcpw9o1_500_large.jpg

Wow, thats a horrible thought. I would lose a ton of weight doing that.

I don't think I would eat at all

I don't think posting pics from a pro-ana tip site is good advice...

Exactly. I don't think anyone would sit naked in front of a mirror and eat and enjoy it anyway. Unless they have a food fetish.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options

I agree. Pro-ana = you lose. Maybe weight, but also your mind. Don't even go there.

she doesnt look ana to me she looks ripped ..... like shes been hitting the weights
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Just because she just joined the site doesn't mean she's new to the weight loss game. It just means she's new to the website. I see a lot of people saying she's new to this just judging by when she joined the site. She already said she's lost 50 lbs, how does that make her new to this?!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    good luck with that defeatist attitude.
    agreed \m/
  • fatboypup
    Options

http://thintips.tumblr.com/ hardly seems pro ana to me
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

Did you actually read through them?!
  • fatboypup
    Options

theres a few that seem iffy now that ive looked at all of them ..... mothereff you google image search ill take it down
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    it's not very fair that I have to torture myself just to lose weight...

Life's not fair. It's also not fair that so many of us let ourselves get to the point of being overweight and / or unhealthy in the first place. Eye for an eye. Whether it was an eating disorder or depression, these things happen. And yeah, I do think they are more often than not in our own control to change, but that's not to say changing is easy.

Your body will adjust to the lower amount of food in time. It usually takes a month or two, so just grin and bear it. Though, I don't personally think someone of your height and weight would be going to high if you upped your calories to 1400-1500 a day.
  • bthomas1988
    Options
    You can do it!! Remember, if you fail to plan for the day then you automatically plan to fail for the day. Always plan your day ahead. Even if you are going to a restaurant, look up the calories for the foods you want to eat and then leave enough calories for that meal in your daily routine. I'm going on a girl's night out at a restaraunt and I have already decided what I'm going to order.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

theres a few that seem iffy now that ive looked at all of them ..... mothereff you google image search ill take it down

Yea they get a little crazy at the end!

Just letting you know :3
    understand the mistake from the first few!
  • nursinggraduation
    Options
    Trust me when I say that the first few days are the hardest, but as your body adjusts to the changes your stomach will literally begin to shrink. This will cause you to feel fuller for longer. I started the same as you, but I kept at it. Now I have to remind myself to eat because I feel full all the time. Try drinking water throughout the day, and I've always enjoyed boiled eggs or almonds as a snack...both are very filling! You could also try to increase your fiber which helps empty your stomach slower (leaving you feeling satisfied). I hope this helps! You can do it. Baby steps...and remember that YOU control what you eat. The food does not control you:)
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I may be off base completely but I am trying to be helpful here. Are you drinking enough water? If we are under hydrated, we will often feel hungry. Also, be careful what types of food you choose. That one was killing me at the start. We made small changes, 2% cheese instead of whole milk cheese. Skim milk in place of whole milk, apples instead of chips with sandwiches. We use lower calorie bread and buy lower calories snack foods (snack packs which I know will set some people off but you can't lose if you are hungry all the time) and buy leaner cuts of meat. We like beans because they are filling but low calories....a lot of little things add up to BIG changes and can leave you feeling more satisfied. Also, do you work out or use calorie restriction only? I don't always eat back my calories but the extra I get from exercise can be greatly appreciated on days I feel especially hungry. I was nearly in tears when I started on here, all because of the calorie restriction. I was 217 pounds and used to eating whatever I wanted and ignoring what it was doing to my body. It took me some time to find what worked and to find a balance of foods that kept me in calories and still satisfied me. Also, DON'T DRINK YOUR CALORIES- save them for food. WATER, WATER, WATER. As I said, it is imperative to hydrate- it also calorie free so it leaves those calories for fuel for your body. I may be totally off but if I can help I'd like to. Good luck- YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

Uhhh I just read them. I hope no one takes her "tips" especially #24
  • fatboypup
    Options

Yea they get a little crazy at the end!

Just letting you know :3
    understand the mistake from the first few!

yeah it was like Obama it looked good at first then it just went to complete trash .... see what happens when you dont look at the big picture .... my bad
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs last year but every since then losing weight has been hopeless. and everytime it's asked here people say "don't eat your exercise calories"

I will get blasted for this but: IT IS OKAY TO EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES!
  • annabell48
    Options
    Okay, this may sound brutal, which is not my intention, but get rid of the "Stinkin' Thinkin'". Yes you can do it. I'm glad that you are looking over your diary as several people have suggested. Yes, I also agree that maybe your caloric intake may be set too low. My suggestion is that if you have your daily caloric intake divided over three meals, divide it over the 3 meals as well as 2 snacks. Make your snacks consist of a carb and a protein (e.g.: a piece of fruit with nuts or string cheese).

In 2003, I went to my 25th Class Reunion weighing in at 185 pounds and started the Dr Phil Ulitmate Weight Loss Solution a week or so after that. I lost 55 pounds in 9 monthes. Yes, lossing weight is hard. But remember this, the weight didn't creep up over night, so it won't come off over night either. I have "The Biggest Loser Challenge" disc for my Wii that I work out with 6 days a week. My daily caloric intake changes daily with it and runs usually between 1500 and 1600 calories a day. Whatever calories I burn doing the workout, I try to subtract that from what the disc suggest and try to consume the lower number in order to drop the weight.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    from the site

"use the chew and spit technique"

"brush your teeth before eating, it will kill the enjoyment of it"

"Don't eat unless your stomach growls"

"just don't eat fat-*kitten*" (with a picture of an underweight girl)

uhhh...

That website freaked me out.