What exercise are you doing that burns the most calories?

Options

Replies

• ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    treadmill for 60 minutes incline around 8 - 10 and doing 5.5 to 9 on the speed its more high intensity but burns ALOT of calories
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Whatever gets the HR up there the highest for longest period of time.
    Usually biking or spin class because it's not hard on the joints and can maintain high HR for extended time.

And can do something the next day.

Running can get up there too, but much harder pounding, so can't do it as long, and if that intense, can't do it the next day.

Walking at stupid high incline actually can too, and much better recovery time, but treadmill only for that.
  • frankensteen
    frankensteen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing! <3
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Cybex Arc Trainer -- It's like a super powered elliptical. I burn about 800 cals an hour on it!
  • klamberts
    Options
    bodyrock - it is interval training that is high intensity for a short time. Check it out - it is always free! They have a brand new work out every day that you can follow and if you can't keep up, they provide modifications.

www.bodyrock.tv

Great website!!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    HIIT on an incline bike.
  • Magdaz70
    Options
    definetly kick boxing 800 cals an hour & trust me where I go... it works
  • CherylLouise1994
    Options
    cycling and dancing for me
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    treadmill for 60 minutes incline around 8 - 10 and doing 5.5 to 9 on the speed its more high intensity but burns ALOT of calories

High intensity = high calories. It's the only thing you have control over that will affect calorie burn. Unless you start carrying weights around with you I guess.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    dacing for one hour !!!!! burns 300-400 cals!!! and sooo much fun!!!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Either swimming or running for me. Usually 3 miles (or 35 min) of running burns around 400 calories for me. It also depends on your size and how much you have to lose!

I'm 5'9" and 198.5 lbs
  • hkasel
    hkasel Posts: 69
    Options
    Running
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    bodyrock - it is interval training that is high intensity for a short time. Check it out - it is always free! They have a brand new work out every day that you can follow and if you can't keep up, they provide modifications.

www.bodyrock.tv

Great website!!
    Thanks for the tip:happy:
  • homemomfreda
    Options
    It depends on the intensity you work out at. I bought a HRM (heart rate monitor) and Zumba, circuit training & running are the most burn for me. However it all depends on how hard you are working out:)
  • redlady82
    redlady82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Elliptical with intervals
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Working with kettlebells - but not with a 5 or 10 lb kettlebell. Heavier burns more. I don't use anything super heavy, between 35 and 50 lbs, and it's enough to burn a lot. Even a short workout (20 minutes or so) will burn anywhere from 200 to 400 calories depending on what i do.

I burn a fair bit when biking but it takes time, but since it's fun to be outside riding, i don't notice the time going by. I'm going out now to burn 1000 calories & that'll take me somewhere near 1 1/2 to 2 hours of mountain biking.

I go to a kettlebell bootcamp workout & we typically burn minimum 700 calories in about 50 minutes doing kettlebell work, burpees, sprinting, etc.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    my gazelle is supposed to be burning over 100 calories per 15 minutes and I do an hour a day since I cant do S##T else because of my knees.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    It partly depends on your current weight. Heavier people burn more calories than lighter people, because they are working harder to do the same activity. I'm fairly thin so I would have to work out for a looooong time to burn 500 calories! It's frustrating, though, to see lots of people posting their crazy calorie burns and I'm excited if I've managed to burn 200 in one workout. :cry:
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    P90X and Insanity!
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Elliptical, jump rope, and pretty soon MMA boxing.