What exercise are you doing that burns the most calories?

Options

Replies

• Mtfd02
    Mtfd02 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hockey I burn over 500 cals and I play three days a week....
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Running or Insanity. I strongly recommend you get at Heart Rate Montior. That's how you know exactly how many calories you are burning which is always more or less than what MFP says you are burning.
    What is a good one, please?
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    Right now? Running.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    Running or Insanity. I strongly recommend you get at Heart Rate Montior. That's how you know exactly how many calories you are burning which is always more or less than what MFP says you are burning.

I just got a Polar FT7. I like it a lot. Polar makes a good product.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Anything from Polar, Garmin or Suunto will be good. Just find the one with the features you want for the price you want.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    It partly depends on your current weight. Heavier people burn more calories than lighter people, because they are working harder to do the same activity. I'm fairly thin so I would have to work out for a looooong time to burn 500 calories! It's frustrating, though, to see lots of people posting their crazy calorie burns and I'm excited if I've managed to burn 200 in one workout. :cry:
    Ditto ^^
    I do interval and incline walking on the treadmill for 40-45mins and only burn about 170-200 cals.
    Sucks!
  • Stary714
    Stary714 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Horseback Riding! :D
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Insanity....it's "bananas"!! :smile: Like other's have stated invest in a nice HRM. My husband and I currently have the Polart FT4, which works great. Insanity burns a ton of calories..... I tend to burn on average in the 500 - high 600 calorie range and my husband averages in the high 500 - mid 700 calorie range. You learn to love it. It's highly addicting. You may dread it but the thought of not doing it is impossible. We are finishing up our first round Sunday and will be starting it all over again it seems. lol
  • katierechgomez
    Options
    Elliptical for me:) I burn about 10 calories per minute which is pretty darn good I think!
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Some of my Martial Arts classes are INTENSE! Hard to measure the exact burn because wearing a HRM while getting thrown around is not a good plan!

I have also been running and biking like a maniac this summer.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have a stationary bike that I use almost exclusively for exercise. It tells you calories burned and your pulse. You control the tension and I crank that tension as high as I can stand and do that and then drop down when it gets too tough, I burned 710 calories in 30 minutes yesterday.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Sorry that was 701...lol :laugh:
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Jumping rope and running are the best calorie burners.
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire
  • CameoDouglas
    CameoDouglas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Definitely the elliptical, it burns 2 sometimes 3 times as much as a treadmill for me.
  • kpsharp
    kpsharp Posts: 4
    Options
    Elliptical. I can't run since knee surgery, but I used to do 4 miles a day, and I think the elliptical is more intense with less stress on my joints. If you kick up the difficulty, you can burn about 10 cal/minute.
  • rlynnehawk
    rlynnehawk Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Cybex Arc Trainer -- It's like a super powered elliptical. I burn about 800 cals an hour on it!
  • JHawkins7
    Options
    elliptical hands down... used to be a big believer in running but if you really push yourself on the elliptical the payoff is way bigger :)

GOOD LUCK!
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Jillian Michael's Extreme Shed and Shred. Love it. I burn 500-600 for and hour.